(Topic ID: 124033)

Stern asking what code does Avengers need? Post here!

By Butch2099

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
images-4_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-8_(resized).jpeg
image.png
ZomboDroid11112015104604.jpg
NevaehsHappyHulk2.jpg
avengers.jpg
20150923_200115.jpg
heighwaypinball3.jpg
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-wherethecode-avengers-head.jpg
stern_logo_inc.png
hulk-cry.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-18-22-39-25.png
Unknown-5.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago

More useful info displayed during "Instant Info" ( ie. when you have a ball trapped on the flipper ) .

At the moment it only pretty much tells you what your bonus is up to , and then cycles through the high scores .

I think it needs to display where you are at for advancing the character name letters . That way you could trap the ball and cycle through to see which Avenger is closer to spelling out their name .

Combos would be cool too . I've done the Capt. America to Hawkeye to Black Widow to Iron Man shot before . No actual reward but man it felt great !! .

The resetting H target is a big issue . I'm sure Avengers doesn't have a self-dropping target but it could be adjusted in the code so that the ball kicks out from the saucer and knocks the H target down the first time ... THE H TARGET SHOULD THEN STAY DOWN UNTIL THE BALL IS CLEAR . Metallica does this with the grave marker in-line drops . They don't reset until a ramp or switch somewhere else is triggered . That way it knows they won't pop up and trap the ball with no way to get it out even with ball search .

There is one other thing that was "supposed" to be in the original code for the Premium / LE versions . Not sure if it is but I've never been able to figure out if it's working or not .

The Hawkeye ramp / diverter that sends the ball across the arrow shaped ramp ( or to the right inlane ) is supposedly able to be player controlled ie. hold left flipper button to make it cross the ramp , hold right flipper button to make it go to the right inlane .

Not sure if this is only in certain modes or not but I've never really noticed it doing it or not .

I don't have much play experience on the Pro but Wotto once told me that there is an issue with the diverter gates up near the top lanes / pop bumpers . When you assemble Capt. America and then make his shot the top right diverter opens and lets the ball do a full loop and NOT go into the pop bumpers where it should to collect CA . The opposite apparently happens for Iron Man , where the top left diverter stays closed making the ball go through the pop bumpers where it should be opening and letting the ball do a full loop coming back down the CA lane .

9 months later
#367 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I had another idea for code ...
For Super Skill Shot, every lane flashes ... If you can hit a lane within 5 seconds that lane is completed. Same as how it works on Metallica.
It'd be a great addition.
On another note, my Hulk arms stopped working ... Traced it back to a broken wire about an inch from the coil. Put it back about 3 days ago, now it has broken the wire AGAIN! ... further down the wire this time. The wire is a very thin gauge so I am upgrading it with thicker wire, hopefully that will sort it out.
rd

Yep the thin wire done the same on mine Dave . One of the wires actually broke inside the insulation . Used a thicker gauge wire and all is good . Just make sure you make it long enough to give Hulk plenty of movement . Such a pain to get the Hulk out though .

Actually the Metallica super skill shot is any shot hit , but to get the whole row lit ready for the Seek and destroy countdown you have to make the shot with the lit arrow . ( When you launch the ball for a super skill shot by holding left flipper only one shot will have it's arrow lit ) .

Not sure how that skill shot would work as it couldn't differentiate between going for the Capt. America skill shot or another one . Also on Avengers you can't loop the ball round the top easily like you can on Metallica .

One thing I would like to see in new code is the Capt. America value for the pops hold when you collect him . Currently the pops are worth 1000 , 1500 , 2000 etc. ( increasing by 500 points per hit each time you get a pass through the bumpers ) . Once you've started Capt. America mode the pops are worth 8000 points a hit while the meter is depleted and then you collect him . Once you collect him the pops revert back to 1000 per hit . They should stay at 8000 per hit for the rest of the game , or at least the end of the ball in play .

1 week later
#382 8 years ago

Thank god they implemented the delay in the Hulk targets resetting .. ie . no more rebounds back into the saucer over and over again .

Also good that they have now delayed the bridge lifting up compared to Hulk lifting his arms up .. ie . no more worn knuckles for Hulk !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-asking-what-code-does-avengers-need-post-here?tu=mil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.