(Topic ID: 124033)

Stern asking what code does Avengers need? Post here!

By Butch2099

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
images-4_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-8_(resized).jpeg
image.png
ZomboDroid11112015104604.jpg
NevaehsHappyHulk2.jpg
avengers.jpg
20150923_200115.jpg
heighwaypinball3.jpg
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-wherethecode-avengers-head.jpg
stern_logo_inc.png
hulk-cry.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-18-22-39-25.png
Unknown-5.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsalce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Yes. No timeline. = We'll keep saying yes until this game is forgotten in the oblivion of game code and then we will say...Sorry guys this game is not worth being revised because it's too old.

Yeah... While I prefer to stay positive in regards to code updates on machines I own, I really feel strung along when it comes to Avengers code. Of course they are going to say they will at some point, everybody is a potential NIB buyer, makes no sense to say otherwise.

#150 8 years ago

2384605-visioncr.jpg2384605-visioncr.jpg

2 weeks later
#158 8 years ago

Really want to pull the trigger on a NIB Metallica Premium. This is what is holding me back. I probably wouldn't be so miffed about it if Stern didn't start playing games on Facebook asking for suggestions and then say they might get to it. Now I'm bitter

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

If anything that's a great example of a coded/finished game that continues to sell/have demand. I wish they would learn that lesson

I understand and that's why I want a Metallica. It's more of me deciding to speak with my wallet. I've picked up no NIB pins this summer, all used secondary market, only one being a Stern (LOTR). Would I like Star Trek with the new code or a Mustang NIB? Yeah actually, I played them a few weeks ago at Flippers in NC and really enjoyed them (and I didn't like Star Trek when it first came out and the code was in it's infancy). I have all the respect in the world for Stern. In the past, they have always come through and provided a code update (X-men being the biggest one and I love that game now). They make really amazing pins, but I don't think it's fair to leave loyal customers behind like this.

I wish they would learn this lesson as well. Maybe AV would have that appeal with a solid code update? I know interest in X-men went up after the last big code update with Deadpool and combos. I guess we will never know until an AV code update happens.

1 month later
#210 8 years ago

hulk-cry.jpghulk-cry.jpg

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from taz:

If they update the code, I could sure use some Black Widow ramp relief. I get far too many ramp rejects to hit it ten times to collect her.

This is a problem I had with Transformers as well. Transformers had so many modes I really think cutting back the number of shots (and maybe some mode stacking features) would really make the game stand out, but even the easiest mode takes quite a few shots to complete. The menu options really limit the customer to how easy they want to make the game. If somebody wants one shot to start black widow in a home environment, put the option in. In the case of Avengers, the Black Widow shot really needs this adjustment. Not only because it's actually a tougher shot, but it's not even with the number of shots it takes to start the other avenger modes. At the very least, just add more configuration options in the menus. I would imagine that can't be too difficult to do. I just don't understand why a game like X-men received the attention it needed, but Avengers has not.

1 week later
#312 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

28:10 in the video is when Gomez confirms a code update for Avengers. 30:27 is when Hulk smashes Optimus and the GOT Pro.

NevaehsHappyHulk2.jpgNevaehsHappyHulk2.jpg

1 month later
#333 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Jared is to busy with opening other topics about how awesome Sterns coding is. And this topic, and others like these he ignores.

I can't help but wonder why that thread was even opened. I wonder if sales are hurting because some people have decided to just wait until the code is right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsalce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-asking-what-code-does-avengers-need-post-here?tu=jsalce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.