(Topic ID: 124033)

Stern asking what code does Avengers need? Post here!

By Butch2099

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
images-4_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-8_(resized).jpeg
image.png
ZomboDroid11112015104604.jpg
NevaehsHappyHulk2.jpg
avengers.jpg
20150923_200115.jpg
heighwaypinball3.jpg
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-wherethecode-avengers-head.jpg
stern_logo_inc.png
hulk-cry.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-18-22-39-25.png
Unknown-5.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago

Frickin love all these ideas!! Thanks Stern for asking! Avengers 2 is right around the corner. Perfect timing for a Avengers pinball revisit.

I would only be repeating other people's suggestions if I included my own. Great game that with some small tweaks and menu options could make a huge improvement.

#36 9 years ago

Man, having progress saved in the vs modes is brilliant. It should at the very least be a menu option.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from SaneWilly:

I used to consistently have the saucer to H back to saucer (repeat ad infinitum) problem and took the advice of an earlier thread to put a small washer under one of the screws holding the saucer kickback mechanism on the underside of the play field. I have not had the issue since.

I'll do that to mine soon. Thanks.

Quoted from frolic:

I thought the VS modes did carry over if you didn't complete them the first time? Pretty sure they did.

If it does, I cant tell. Sure doesn't seem like that.

#44 9 years ago

Kudos and thank you to those close who are willing to let them borrow your game

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

What are the odds we actually get an update?

Hulk say, don't crush spirit. Hulk hate negative Nancies.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'm hoping they are really looking for input. I hope they just don't release the Thor flasher fix (which we know is already done) and call it listening to us. To me that game isn't done until there are animations for Battle for Earth (even though I have never gotten that far).

I've collected all the Avengers several times. Completing is another matter. It's just so many shots required. I've prob only completed Hulk and Thor. Options to dial it down are sorely needed.

1 month later
#74 8 years ago

Boom! Thank you Stern.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Here is how many shots are required to win each Vs. mode:
Thor: Easy-12, Medium-14, Hard-14
Hawkeye: Easy-10, Medium-10, Hard-10
Capt. America: Easy-10, Medium-10, Hard-10
Black Widow: Easy-10, Medium-10, Hard-10
Iron Man: Easy-13 or 14 (not sure), Medium-14, Hard-14
In summary the settings 31-35 don't make much difference. It appears the programmers had left them as place holders for later code updates. I personally would like to see EASY be around 6 shots, and then the timers could be turned down by the user and the modes would be more achievable and the ridiculously long ball save times could be reduced (there is a setting already for changing the Vs. Mode timer). Changing that would make the game more fluid and fun like Monster Bash with way harder shots.

I'm all for a challenging game but yeah, there needs to be an option to turn these lower like I can do for Whiplash or Monger shots on my IM.

I'm excited to see what Stern had in store for us.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Give spinner a rule
Fix H bounce
Finish wizard mode BFE.
Rest is good for me...love the game.

Mostly agree but would also like to be able to adjust vs battles

1 month later
#121 8 years ago

Three months later and crickets from Stern on Avengers.....what a tease Stern!!

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If this is the case, it's extremely disappointing. It's not consistent with other posts in this thread that suggest a code update is in the works. Who told you the update was now off the table?
I just posted to their Facebook page (via my wife's account since I'm not on it) asking about code updates. We'll see if they have anything to say.

Did they respond to you?

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from RicardoMenezes:

I sincerely believe he made ​​some modifications. most were excited by 2 movie title . there did some pictures with clothes. I believe we will not upgrade. and even many who are we will ask the FB . I do not believe that the scare see them do or finish what they started . Stern today this no more concerned about the JJP . They updated their boards and station today as an equal in technology with its competitor. Besides having the hobbit stop their production, by lincenças problems etc. They Stern, Vao focus on new machines , the Avengers unfortunately was not a sales success .

Oh how I wish I spoke your native tongue and you spoke mine

4 weeks later
#166 8 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Does anyone know if stern are actually working on this code or was it just BS?

No one really knows but I'll be extremely let down if Stern doesn't have something for us for the Labor Day weekend.

2 weeks later
#167 8 years ago

Bummer......

#174 8 years ago

Right, three months ago. Hell this thread is like four or five months old. Does it really take that long to add a few things to the game code?

1 week later
#183 8 years ago

Lots of wheels turning? Sigh. Just be up front and stop all the veiled posts.

1 week later
#218 8 years ago

Maybe the language and cultural barrier got in the way. Point is, if Stern, George or whoever had given an update anytime in the past what? Three years!?! Then more than likely, we wouldn't be asking for one.

Let alone getting our hopes up over FIVE months ago asking for suggestions for the game update.

Stern does this to itself. Releaseing games with bare bones code/beta code and it's a crap shoot if they will support it or not. They can't be too surprised or defensive when customers react negatively or start getting creative in how they attempt to get results.

#226 8 years ago

So frustrating Stern just isn't more transparent, more honest and open. The stay tuned shit is more annoying than if they were to just say, Sorry we aren't able to devote time to a code update.

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Come on Stern. Make the code open source already. Let the community deal with this shit. Your problem would go away in an instant.

Man an open source code with this community of creative and innovative enthusiasts? So many possibilities!!

Makes me so frustrated that not only do they not open the code but they also won't bother to correct issues or add in missing features.

Stay tuned!!

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

No. If his agenda is to exaggerate things to the point that it's all white noise to stern, then it works against the valid concerns that could be voiced and otherwise heard.

They can't open source due to license constrains.

I agree that the Swiss cheese analogy is hyperbolic.

Those same license constrains don't prohibit them from addressing our issues/concerns do they?

#274 8 years ago

Haha almost complete

#294 8 years ago

Eventually?

#298 8 years ago

Ok, I'll keep holding my breath. I hope they do so I can shove it down Quarter Grabbers throat.

#300 8 years ago

Pretty excited to watch the feed and hear them say Avengers code being worked on. Hoping sooner than later

#305 8 years ago

Could someone please isolate the dead flip twitch YouTube clip to show us when Gomez came in with the Hulk figure?

I skimmed through some of the two hours and must have missed it.

Thanks guys

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sorry, don't know how to do that but it is here at 30:20.
http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/18246015

Oh ok. I saw that. I thought someone said Gomez came in with a Hulk figure and hand it beat up Optimus and smash the GOT pin. Just wanted to see that too

1 month later
#325 8 years ago

Really hoping for a Thanksgiving code update. Come on Stern!

1 week later
#330 8 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

@Jared any time frame here mate?

Come on Jared. It shouldnt kill Stern to be a little more transparent.

1 week later
#340 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Jody has said it... George has said it... and now I will say it (again). A code update for Avengers is coming. I am not able to give a timeline for this update, but I can say that it is coming. One day soon you will see a release graphic along with a link to the code on our website along with the copy paste of the new version READ ME. It will be a good day. Thanks for supporting Stern.

Thank you for responding!!!

2 weeks later
#349 8 years ago

All I want for Christmas is an update to Avengers.

#351 8 years ago

ColorDMD thinks Avengers is worthy of a color update Stern!!!!

image.pngimage.png

#355 8 years ago

Why is everyone being so negative?

2 weeks later
#373 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

At this point, you just can't expect any creative gameplay changes...it's just not going to happen. The game is the game. At the very least they need to release the Thor-flasher bug update. Best case scenario you also get Wizard Dots and some option settings for games that have issues w/ the H target.

All that plus why not add the BW spinner to count toward her collection/completion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

5,050 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-asking-what-code-does-avengers-need-post-here?tu=grinder901 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.