(Topic ID: 124033)

Stern asking what code does Avengers need? Post here!

By Butch2099

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
images-4_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-8_(resized).jpeg
image.png
ZomboDroid11112015104604.jpg
NevaehsHappyHulk2.jpg
avengers.jpg
20150923_200115.jpg
heighwaypinball3.jpg
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-wherethecode-avengers-head.jpg
stern_logo_inc.png
hulk-cry.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-18-22-39-25.png
Unknown-5.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 9 years ago

Avengers code was pretty complete very early, but always needed that 1 more polish update. I hope it gets it.

I'd like to see its competitive play shortcomings addressed, so it can be a tournament game.

I believe they are:

-Bonus multiplier needs some limit
-"Loki all day" needs to be dealt with (tournament players keep shooting Loki/Hawkeye ramp over and over to trigger multiballs after multiball and ignore the rest of the game.
-Turn off physical ball lock as an option. The game doesn't keep good track of them in multiple players.

#37 9 years ago

I thought the VS modes did carry over if you didn't complete them the first time? Pretty sure they did.

#46 9 years ago

yeah, we've seen those "frankenstein" machines there before.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For Hulk, Maybe just add something that states if no switch is hit withing 4-5 seconds he lifts his arms.

I like this. Just add a bit more movement to him, a mini ball search in disguise, would speed things up.

1 month later
#83 8 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I like the Vs. battles but as an average player, even on easy settings, I find them long and a little tedious to get to and through. It would be great if there were some additional option settings to ease up the difficulty (and chore level) for average players so I could actually enjoy the Vs. modes.

Yeah, many of the settings can be turned down to EASY, but the actual Vs modes are a chore. I basically have given up on them. I turn the Vs ball save down to 5 seconds, normal time. I give up trying to complete them and they take too long.

So set the Vs battles EASY/MEDIUM/HARD (default) would be much appreciated.

#85 8 years ago

I didn't realize the VS could be turned easy? that is an option (even if it doesn't work well)? I only thought you could change the starting and collecting of avengers.

#87 8 years ago

Looks like an easy fix. Here's hoping!

#95 8 years ago

There's some good stuff mentioned in this thread. Mostly tweaks.

If the VS difficulties are fixed, then it can be possible to reach Battle for Earth so I hope they finish it properly.

#97 8 years ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but Avengers has a tournament weakness, competition players shoot Loki all day long. The left orbit will keep building towards Loki MB, and Hawkeye VS MB... so it's a "safe" tournament strategy. I wonder how this can be addressed? Somehow stopping both Loki and Hawkeye from requalifying if they don't do anything else.

#98 8 years ago

One other tournament issue is the ball lock gets confused, can give extra balls when not supposed to, especially in multiplayer games.

Maybe an option to turn off physical ball lock, have a virtual option.

#111 8 years ago

I'm suggesting either a) fix the bug, or b) add a virtual lock option that can be used in competition. Most people don't care. But its better for all Stern titles to be good competition games, only adds to their profile.

1 month later
#136 8 years ago

Hopefully we can get some clarification. I don't understand how they can say there was, then start posting photos of Gomez as Capt America, then all of a sudden someone changes their mind.

1 month later
#171 8 years ago

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I did notice there was a Hulk sitting next to the Kiss LE in this video:

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10153557224904244/

Anyone know if this video was shot at Stern? If so, that would mean they have a Hulk for testing?

1 week later
#195 8 years ago

There's probably a better way to get a result from someone other than accusing them of not taking pride in their work.

#251 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

George is a nice guy but I've spoken to him before where he says "who determines when a game is done? If we left it up to the hobbyists it would never be done".

Gary says the same thing. I would respond to them with:

You decide when it's done, but TELL US when you've decided this. And tell us which ones are still being worked on.

Simple as that.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

That doesn't make any sense.

Through software you could turn on a coil and leave it on to burn out.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

The whole point with open source is that all code is transparent to everybody. All code updates are vetted by the entire community so the scenario you're describing would be spotted immediately before it's added to the main code. In fact, it is far more likely for bugs and glitches to slip by in a closed environment where only a couple of guys at Stern is looking at the code, compared to an open community of hundreds, if not thousands, of developers. This is why arguments about machines suddenly self combusting doesn't make any sense at all.

Understood. But ultimately the main reason is Stern just isn't going to do it. So, we're spinning our wheels debating anything else.

1 week later
#296 8 years ago

Just saw Jody on the video, his quote is:

"I know there is a code update being worked on, I'm not sure exactly when."

#297 8 years ago

Then Gomez texted Jody and confirmed Yes, "don't know when".

But at least that has been the clearest confirmation we've had.

#299 8 years ago

Good enough for me. I'm a nib owner, will hang onto it a while longer and wait for the update.

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from lash:

Gary at epc in Belgium 3 minutes before :they planned no Update for Avengers in the Moment

Considering their roles inside the company at this time, I'll take Gomez's answer as more accurate. Gary probably wouldn't even know if some jr software guy was put on Avengers code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-asking-what-code-does-avengers-need-post-here?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.