(Topic ID: 124033)

Stern asking what code does Avengers need? Post here!

By Butch2099

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
images-4_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-8_(resized).jpeg
image.png
ZomboDroid11112015104604.jpg
NevaehsHappyHulk2.jpg
avengers.jpg
20150923_200115.jpg
heighwaypinball3.jpg
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-wherethecode-avengers-head.jpg
stern_logo_inc.png
hulk-cry.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-18-22-39-25.png
Unknown-5.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Not sure if this is only in certain modes or not but I've never really noticed it doing it or not .
I don't have much play experience on the Pro but Wotto once told me that there is an issue with the diverter gates up near the top lanes / pop bumpers . When you assemble Capt. America and then make his shot the top right diverter opens and lets the ball do a full loop and NOT go into the pop bumpers where it should to collect CA . The opposite apparently happens for Iron Man , where the top left diverter stays closed making the ball go through the pop bumpers where it should be opening and letting the ball do a full loop coming back down the CA lane .

That's an issue with his game. I have a pro and mine always goes into the pops in that situation. Only time I can get a full loop is when I shoot Iron Man after I've collected him.

I'd just be happy to have:
- H drop fixed. Just delay the time the bank resets when the ball is in the saucer. Seems like an easy fix.
- Fix the thor flasher. (I believe this is already fixed but never released)
- Add some rules to the spinner. Right now it's a waste
- Add animations to battle for the earth
- For Hulk, Maybe just add something that states if no switch is hit withing 4-5 seconds he lifts his arms. Could add a sound for this too to integrate it in the game. This would help with the ball stuck issues and would prevent having to wait as long for ball search. Could say something like - "Argh, you still there".

Anything above this would be gravy as they are enhancement request vs bugs.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I would love to see the Loki lock post stay down when I hit a Hawkeye shot.... right now it comes around the bend and down the right ramp, then stops. Would be nice to just have it keep going to the right flipper

Interesting as mine does this but also holds the ball sometimes. Most of the time, if LOKI isn't lit the drop post is down before the ball gets there. I wonder if this is just something that happens on the Pro though.

For the HE/Loki exploit. They could implement something that state that if the HE/LOKI shot is hit it takes ____ more switch hits before it's active again. Just a setting for tournaments though but that should help fix that problem but also still allow HE to collect. The problem with disabling that switch in a tournament is it prevents progress on HE all together.

1 month later
#112 8 years ago

Dear Stern - Please don't focus on making this a tournament game. (In response to the HE concerns). If you want to do something, just put a switch count in place that requires ____ switches to be hit before the HE/Loki shot is active again. Please do focus on removing the bugs that are well documented already and if you can, add some point to the spinner and make the difficulty settings transfer over to the completion of VS modes that would be great.

I only say this as I've found that sometimes when code is changed to make a game more tournament capable it takes some of the fun out of it for home use.

As for the VS modes. Would be awesome if the shots to battle were not the same shots that you already just hit. Put some randomness in there (kind of like the VS with Loki). This could help with the flow but also take some of the "chopping wood" effect out of those modes. Would be even cooler if the harder shots took more life away from the battle than the easy shots. For instance, a shot to the BW ramp could count more than a hit to the Thor or Hulk targets.

Breakout:
- Thorn and Hulk targets = 1x damage
- 10 pops = 1x damage
- HE and IM lanes = 2x damage (for IM shot open the control gate to make a loop vs going in the pops on a cleans hot)
- BW ramp = 3x damage

Combo's should progress damage as well. A combo shot could be 2x the damage of the breakout above. So if you got a IM shot straight to a BW it would be 2x for the IM shot and then 6x for the combo'ed shot to BW. This could make those VS modes feel more like a fight as you can pick to take easy shots (Jab's) or go straight for the fast kill with combo BW shots (upper cuts)

2 months later
#160 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

If anything that's a great example of a coded/finished game that continues to sell/have demand. I wish they would learn that lesson

Agreed, but I'm actually more Irked about how that went down than not seeing AV code launch. I'm a Met LE owner and I do want everyone whom wants a MET to get one. What ticks me off about how that went down is Stern repeatedly advised customer that they were done with the Premiums. Due to this there are a lot of people the bought a pro that wanted a Prem. Not even a month later for some of these people they have to think about selling their pro to get a premium. I'd be super pissed if I was them. As it stands it's just another time they have mislead their customers.

From Stern I've got AC/DC, MET, AV, ST, TF and IM in my house so you could say I'm a Stern fan. I want a TWD, Mustang and Kiss. Yes, some life changes have me out of the market right now for additional pins but the way they are doing business has made me think long and hard about buying any more Sterns at all when that changes. Also, I could easily sell a game or two to get some new games in the house but it's these things that make me stand on the side of not giving them any more of my $$$.

1 month later
#238 8 years ago

Saw this thread blow up and got excited about a code drop that fixed the bugs. Only to find out that no progress has been made

Stern - Please release the code that already fixes most of the bugs at least. Would also be nice to turn the flasher back on in the pops when you are trying to collect CA. Pops with no lights is pretty boring.

I really don't care all that much about new features in this game. It is what it is at this point. Just fix the bugs at least.

#250 8 years ago

Shoot, if they don't want to work on the code anymore then please just let the code go open source like AMH. Let us fix it ourselves

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The main issues are:
- buggy Thor flasher
- H hulk drop target issues when target is not perfect software doesn't know how to compensate
- hulk is impossible when drops disabled in the menu
- wizard mode dots are incomplete - I haven't seen the wizard mode so I don't know what's not there.
- people complain about unfair bonus but it's not so easy to farm that problem and I love it when I get a big bonus so it's not a problem I think.

Please include the pop bumper lighting going off when you are collecting CA to your list, if not only for the small chance that Stern see's just one list and works off of it

One code adjustment that would be cool for people would be to give an option to allow BW to be collected by the spinner.

#280 8 years ago

I wear mine all the time. The funniest interaction I've had since TPF was in the grocery store. Never thought someone would know what that was about there but I got stopped one day and asked about it. They thought it was funny. Not someone on pinside but they had a couple of Stern pins at home.

#283 8 years ago

Got bored waiting for code so I did my own update in the version of a new lighting scheme

Just a pro but I'm happy with it.

20150923_200115.jpg20150923_200115.jpg

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

What do you use to attached the figures to the plastics?

Screws Just kidding or course. I just used some double sided tape so that it could be removed down the road if desired. Had them on there since we bought the game NIB a couple years ago. All have stayed put just fine.

#289 8 years ago

Couple people have asked so here is the light map of what I did.

Key:
- Square = Backpanel lights
- Round = Standard GI lights
- Diamonds = Spotlights
- "W" = White
- "G" = Green
- "R" = Red
- "IB" = Ice Blue
- "SL" = Sun Light

Couple of special notes. The spot to the left of the hulk is something I added as well as the spot light that is under the apron. All inserts were just color matched.

avengers.jpgavengers.jpg

Quoted from lash:

Where Do you have the figures from?

I bought them from walmart and target back when the machine first came out.

#290 8 years ago

just noticed I forgot one light.

Under the Avengers insignia on the shooter ramp I put a slow color changer. I took a toilet paper roll tube and cut it to length and then wrapped it with foil and placed it under the ramp around that GI light. It really makes that part much more noticeable. Still looked good with just the light there (no tube) but I wanted it to be more filling thus the added mod.

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Could someone please isolate the dead flip twitch YouTube clip to show us when Gomez came in with the Hulk figure?
I skimmed through some of the two hours and must have missed it.
Thanks guys

Sorry, don't know how to do that but it is here at 30:20.

http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/18246015

#309 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

To all you that voted this response down, you are saying what? VIP pass shouldn't exist and it would be better to do something with those inserts? Obviously VIP pass was programmer created as there are no other game indicators for it. The designer never conceived of it.
Acdc would be considered "complete" by you guys if those inserts did more VIP pass or not.

I didn't down vote it because I agree with you about 80%. The other 20% is explained below.

I don't think AC/DC is complete as Lyman has stated in the past that there are some other features that he wanted to add into the game. Based off that I consider it not 100% complete because the programmer has admitted they want (or at least wanted) more. I personally would rather them add the actual color changing GI to the game vs add canon modes. That is the one disappointment in the code I have with it. It changes colors while you select the songs but then goes full on (all colors) when you are playing. What's the point of the color changing GI then

With all that said, I think AC/DC is basically 99.9% compete and should fall to the very bottom of games needing final polish/code updates.

2 months later
#347 8 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello jared,
do you think that there will be an updatefor the got and wwe this year?
thank you

Hey, stick to your own thread

Quoted from Jared:

Jody has said it... George has said it... and now I will say it (again). A code update for Avengers is coming. I am not able to give a timeline for this update, but I can say that it is coming. One day soon you will see a release graphic along with a link to the code on our website along with the copy paste of the new version READ ME. It will be a good day. Thanks for supporting Stern.

Thanks Jared for speaking up. Looking forward to an update on the code. Such an underrated game. The shots are so satisfying when you are dialed in on the game. Couple of really annoying bugs being fixed and a few mods or even more adjustments in the settings would be killer.

1 month later
#359 8 years ago

I'm guessing this is dead now but if not, I just thought of another code change that is needed.

When Extra Ball is lit. The diverter on the BW ramp should send the ball to the saucer. Getting that dang saucer is nearly impossible without that. Seems like it should work like that anyways though to where if it's lit for something the ball is diverted to it.

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

One thing I would like to see in new code is the Capt. America value for the pops hold when you collect him . Currently the pops are worth 1000 , 1500 , 2000 etc. ( increasing by 500 points per hit each time you get a pass through the bumpers ) . Once you've started Capt. America mode the pops are worth 8000 points a hit while the meter is depleted and then you collect him . Once you collect him the pops revert back to 1000 per hit . They should stay at 8000 per hit for the rest of the game , or at least the end of the ball in play .

Dang. I need to pay more attention. I didn't realize the pops increased in the first place. This is good to know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-asking-what-code-does-avengers-need-post-here?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.