(Topic ID: 124033)

Stern asking what code does Avengers need? Post here!

By Butch2099

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
images-4_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-8_(resized).jpeg
image.png
ZomboDroid11112015104604.jpg
NevaehsHappyHulk2.jpg
avengers.jpg
20150923_200115.jpg
heighwaypinball3.jpg
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-wherethecode-avengers-head.jpg
stern_logo_inc.png
hulk-cry.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-18-22-39-25.png
Unknown-5.jpeg
image.jpg
There are 383 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 9 years ago

Need a way to restart Attack on the Hellicarrier

Need a ball save on Attack on the Hellicarrier

Need an add-a-ball function on Attack on the Hellicarrier

#52 9 years ago

Update the status screen (the one you see when holding a flipper button for a few seconds) with game specific data. Would like to see:

Progress towards collecting each Avenger
Progress towards completing each Avenger
Progress towards starting VS mode for each Avenger
Cosmic progress and spins to next Tessaract mode and lighting extra ball
Progress toward starting/restarting* Attack on the Hellicarrier mode

* assuming this ability is added

#53 9 years ago

Would like a setting to disable scoring the inlane switch after hitting the Hawkeye or BW shot. Might help get AV into tournament play.

#55 9 years ago

Progress is currently saved on versus modes.

#56 9 years ago

I'll add two more I just thought of:

1. Tesserect grand champion
2. Flipper button attract sounds

#57 9 years ago

I would love to see the Loki lock post stay down when I hit a Hawkeye shot.... right now it comes around the bend and down the right ramp, then stops. Would be nice to just have it keep going to the right flipper

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I would love to see the Loki lock post stay down when I hit a Hawkeye shot.... right now it comes around the bend and down the right ramp, then stops. Would be nice to just have it keep going to the right flipper

Interesting as mine does this but also holds the ball sometimes. Most of the time, if LOKI isn't lit the drop post is down before the ball gets there. I wonder if this is just something that happens on the Pro though.

For the HE/Loki exploit. They could implement something that state that if the HE/LOKI shot is hit it takes ____ more switch hits before it's active again. Just a setting for tournaments though but that should help fix that problem but also still allow HE to collect. The problem with disabling that switch in a tournament is it prevents progress on HE all together.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Progress toward starting/restarting* Attack on the Hellicarrier mode

yes, please. . . . sucks failing at this after you worked so hard to reach this mode.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Can you imagine the Stern tour at expo if they had a museum!

I don't know if I could ever leave between a (presumed) minty Nine Ball, Seawitch, Meteor, Star Trek, and Tron .

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Progress is currently saved on versus modes.

Is there an option somewhere for this? I recently had a really nice long game where I know my progress didn't carry. 2 shots left on HE v BW and came back to an empty progress bar.

#62 9 years ago

Bug: this may be off a little bit but from memory - if you have a ball saved/locked at the Loki lock during multiball and you drain at the same time as shooting Hawkeye into the lock, you'll get all balls in the lock.

#63 9 years ago

How about more shaker

#64 9 years ago

Six ball multiball!

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Adjust down the number of shots needed to collect Black Widow and Iron Man in EX EASY and Easy (probably worth a look to tweak them in Ex Easy, Easy, Med, Hard and Ex hard as well). In easy mode, you still need to hit BW like 7 times. It takes fewer shots to Complete BW than collect her.
Optionally add a setting where we can manually adjust the shots needed to collect each Avenger and complete each Avenger.

This! I'd like to see a 2 shot reduction in collecting B/W, or add a shot credit for so many spinner turns. I spend way too much time obsessing over collecting B/W. Collecting her seems far, far unbalanced compared to the other Avengers. I find it easier to score Gem shots in Tron.

#66 9 years ago

What are the odds we actually get an update?

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Hulk say, don't crush spirit. Hulk hate negative Nancies.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

About as likely as Kevin giving an update.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

I'm hoping they are really looking for input. I hope they just don't release the Thor flasher fix (which we know is already done) and call it listening to us. To me that game isn't done until there are animations for Battle for Earth (even though I have never gotten that far).

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'm hoping they are really looking for input. I hope they just don't release the Thor flasher fix (which we know is already done) and call it listening to us. To me that game isn't done until there are animations for Battle for Earth (even though I have never gotten that far).

I've collected all the Avengers several times. Completing is another matter. It's just so many shots required. I've prob only completed Hulk and Thor. Options to dial it down are sorely needed.

1 month later
#71 8 years ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

Is there an option somewhere for this? I recently had a really nice long game where I know my progress didn't carry. 2 shots left on HE v BW and came back to an empty progress bar.

Progress is saved, but you don't see this at the progress bar. Each time you start the versus mode the progress bar will be resetted, even if you need just two shots to finish the mode. To fix this, the bar should be set to the actual progress, when restarting the mode.

#72 8 years ago

Seems it was missed here but last friday I asked Stern if they are working on new code for AV and they confirmed!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#73 8 years ago

Awesome, thanks for posting. Looking forward to it!

#74 8 years ago

Boom! Thank you Stern.

#75 8 years ago

Sweet!! I love this game but it will be really nice if they finish this code and fix some of the issues noted here. Can't wait!

#76 8 years ago

Really hope an update happens! I wonder if they would go as far as adding goodies from the second movie? Probably not, but fun to dream.

The biggest thing that I hope they change is when you can start Helicarrier. I hate that once it is finally qualified, EVERYTHING takes priority over starting it. Tesseract going? No Heli. Loki multiball ready? No Heli. Hawkeye VS ready? No Heli. That's just wrong. A (mini)wizard mode should always trump whatever else is ready. The Tesseract should either pause or stack with it. I've been screwed out of Heli so many times because of that silly rule. The other stuff can easily wait until after Heli too.

Of course, even though I have yet to see it and may never get there...Battle for Earth needs to be finished with dots, etc. Should be epic to match the epic game it would take to get there.

Still my favorite game...hope they make it even better!

#77 8 years ago

I'm pumped if they really are going to do an update.

BTW...has anyone upgraded or changed the sound or callouts on their Avengers? If you did, please PM me and I will be discreet. Really would love adjusted sound and call outs for this bugger.

#78 8 years ago

New code for AvengersVE?

#79 8 years ago

Hulks arms need to stay down a bit longer to avoid the ramp when it rises on the LE.

#80 8 years ago

An auto start the game option (like see all) for operators with locations who can't find the start button.

#81 8 years ago

I sincerely would like an endgame with thanos , or something near it like in the movie. like leaving a cue for a fight with him in the next version of the game. It would be perfect!
For, as they did in transformers , family guy , pirates and others, it is one of the biggest complaints of stern machines. AN END ! without it no game has potential to maximum . see the medieval and other q have , everyone loves to get out and see the end , already imagined seeing a 3 hour movie and not be the end! It would be a catastrophe . not ? An end as said above would be perfect. with the face of Thanos being defeated .
That would be my biggest request them . What do you think? sorry the bad english

#82 8 years ago

I really like my AVLE. There were many complaints about how it required changes to dial it in. This was true and mine is now 90% dialed in and as good as any other pin. They could possibly do a VE if they went back and cleaned up the mechanical issues via some minor software and hardware improvements that the first wave of owners dealt with and had improved code that would inspire some purchases.

I like the Vs. battles but as an average player, even on easy settings, I find them long and a little tedious to get to and through. It would be great if there were some additional option settings to ease up the difficulty (and chore level) for average players so I could actually enjoy the Vs. modes.

On the random idea list -- some additional Hulk Smash mode would be cool with random targets lighting up to be hit and Hulk just causing absolute mayhem. A little more randomness to the game could be good to mix it up with the shooting the characters 10x aspect.

For LE owners, better use of the arrow crossing would be nice. It looks good but doesn't really seem to come into play in a meaningful way... at least for me.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I like the Vs. battles but as an average player, even on easy settings, I find them long and a little tedious to get to and through. It would be great if there were some additional option settings to ease up the difficulty (and chore level) for average players so I could actually enjoy the Vs. modes.

Yeah, many of the settings can be turned down to EASY, but the actual Vs modes are a chore. I basically have given up on them. I turn the Vs ball save down to 5 seconds, normal time. I give up trying to complete them and they take too long.

So set the Vs battles EASY/MEDIUM/HARD (default) would be much appreciated.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yeah, many of the settings can be turned down to EASY, but the actual Vs modes are a chore. I basically have given up on them. I turn the Vs ball save down to 5 seconds, normal time. I give up trying to complete them and they take too long.
So set the Vs battles EASY/MEDIUM/HARD (default) would be much appreciated.

For the Vs. modes, there is very little difference between the settings. I took the glass off a couple nights ago and counted how many shots were required for each Vs. mode in each respective setting.
I will post what I found shortly.

#85 8 years ago

I didn't realize the VS could be turned easy? that is an option (even if it doesn't work well)? I only thought you could change the starting and collecting of avengers.

#86 8 years ago

Here is how many shots are required to win each Vs. mode:

Thor: Easy-12, Medium-14, Hard-14
Hawkeye: Easy-10, Medium-10, Hard-10
Capt. America: Easy-10, Medium-10, Hard-10
Black Widow: Easy-10, Medium-10, Hard-10
Iron Man: Easy-13 or 14 (not sure), Medium-14, Hard-14

In summary the settings 31-35 don't make much difference. It appears the programmers had left them as place holders for later code updates. I personally would like to see EASY be around 6 shots, and then the timers could be turned down by the user and the modes would be more achievable and the ridiculously long ball save times could be reduced (there is a setting already for changing the Vs. Mode timer). Changing the number of shots in combination with lowering the timers would make the game more fluid and fun like Monster Bash with way harder shots.

#87 8 years ago

Looks like an easy fix. Here's hoping!

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

In summary the settings 31-35 don't make much difference. It appears the programmers had left them as place holders for later code updates. I personally would like to see EASY be around 6 shots, and then the timers could be turned down by the user and the modes would be more achievable and the ridiculously long ball save times could be reduced (there is a setting already for changing the Vs. Mode timer). Changing that would make the game more fluid and fun like Monster Bash with way harder shots.

I'm all for a challenging game but yeah, there needs to be an option to turn these lower like I can do for Whiplash or Monger shots on my IM.

I'm excited to see what Stern had in store for us.

#89 8 years ago

Needs to get finished so X-Men can get an update too.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

they are working on new code for AV and they confirmed!

This is great news!!!! thank you Stern looking forward to the update

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

In summary the settings 31-35 don't make much difference. It appears the programmers had left them as place holders for later code updates. I personally would like to see EASY be around 6 shots, and then the timers could be turned down by the user and the modes would be more achievable and the ridiculously long ball save times could be reduced (there is a setting already for changing the Vs. Mode timer). Changing the number of shots in combination with lowering the timers would make the game more fluid and fun like Monster Bash with way harder shots.

QFT! This would be a great change for avengers. Much needed

#92 8 years ago

I would just like an end to machine. as they did in the weak machine Mustang, plus the end is otimo and very cool! They could make finals in all who do not yet have. as pirates, avengers and etc ...

#93 8 years ago

Love the idea of being able to adjust the difficulty of completing the vs modes (work needed to complete each Avenger)

Also, as a reminder, the progress bar on the display needs to be updated to show actual progress towards completing the Avenger when the vs mode is re-started. Today, it always resets to a full progress bar when restarting, even if you only need one more shot.

#94 8 years ago

we need animations for Battle for Earth

This is ridiculous. Battle on the Hellicarrier is so cool in animation while Battle for Earth has nothing.....NOTHING

Can't see anything more obvious about an unfinished code

#95 8 years ago

There's some good stuff mentioned in this thread. Mostly tweaks.

If the VS difficulties are fixed, then it can be possible to reach Battle for Earth so I hope they finish it properly.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The biggest thing that I hope they change is when you can start Helicarrier. I hate that once it is finally qualified, EVERYTHING takes priority over starting it. Tesseract going? No Heli. Loki multiball ready? No Heli. Hawkeye VS ready? No Heli. That's just wrong. A (mini)wizard mode should always trump whatever else is ready. The Tesseract should either pause or stack with it. I've been screwed out of Heli so many times because of that silly rule. The other stuff can easily wait until after Heli too.
Of course, even though I have yet to see it and may never get there...Battle for Earth needs to be finished with dots, etc. Should be epic to match the epic game it would take to get there.
Still my favorite game...hope they make it even better!

So true, got screwed a few times because of this PRIORITY rule.

#97 8 years ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but Avengers has a tournament weakness, competition players shoot Loki all day long. The left orbit will keep building towards Loki MB, and Hawkeye VS MB... so it's a "safe" tournament strategy. I wonder how this can be addressed? Somehow stopping both Loki and Hawkeye from requalifying if they don't do anything else.

#98 8 years ago

One other tournament issue is the ball lock gets confused, can give extra balls when not supposed to, especially in multiplayer games.

Maybe an option to turn off physical ball lock, have a virtual option.

#99 8 years ago

I've only been to Hellcarrier twice and I didn't even know it. It would be nice if the DMD gave an update , each time you hit a superhero shot, where you stood with completing each hero in relation to making it to Hellcarrier. Stern: create another plastic so we can actually see the Iron Man targets. I know this isn't a code update but it would be a great update nevertheless if you're starting to get into mods.

#100 8 years ago

Progress towards Helicarrier is simple, look at all the Avengers inserts. Once they are all lit, the Loki lock lights will cycle indicating the next shot to Hawkeye will start Helicarrier.

However, as mentioned earlier in this thread, if you are in Tessaract mode, the shot is disabled OR if the next Hawkeye shot will start his vs mode, that takes priority, which neither should IMO. If you have qualified Helicarrier, shooting Hawkeye should take priority over Tessaract and starting the vs mode.

You can avoid this by waiting for Tessaract mode to time out but there is no way to avoid starting Hawkeye's vs mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 383 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-asking-what-code-does-avengers-need-post-here/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.