(Topic ID: 169221)

Stern Army?

By Marty_Graw77

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Untitled (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    14364764_10202173826423548_5949763979029499562_n (resized).jpg
    14355636_10154533055759244_396904866156717868_n (resized).jpg
    9-22-2016 1-29-05 PM (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    Wizard poster (resized).jpg
    interview with Gary.jpg
    Gary interview items.jpg
    GARY INTERNET (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 7 years ago

I gotta admit, I'm not much of a topic starter but I waited all day and no one made a peep sooooooo........

What up with this?

FB_IMG_1474336702988 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1474336702988 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

beetle bailey pinball

Beetle-art-1 (resized).jpgBeetle-art-1 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Awesome.....

#4 7 years ago

More like a circus than an Army.

#5 7 years ago

captain america has 3 stars on his shield, and ties in well with a hitler video

Captainamerica-1 (resized).jpgCaptainamerica-1 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

Is he watching a 3D movie?

#7 7 years ago

Also obviously ZY art

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Is he watching a 3D movie?

I didn't notice that.

#9 7 years ago

see below

#10 7 years ago

He's wearing 3D glasses. He must be playing on that poor dude's Star Trek Premium...

#11 7 years ago

Are you asking for information not in the IFPA info? I have what Josh sent when I asked.

#12 7 years ago

You have to submit a video to Stern for the answer

#13 7 years ago

private benjamin pinball
    (at last)

private-benjamin-1 (resized).jpgprivate-benjamin-1 (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

private benjamin pinball
    (at last)

Poor Goldie's boobs look sad

#15 7 years ago

g.i. jane pinball (hair mod topper sold separately)

gijane-1 (resized).jpggijane-1 (resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago

saving private ryan pinball (see the 1 stripe?)

savingPrivateRyan-1 (resized).jpgsavingPrivateRyan-1 (resized).jpg

#17 7 years ago

Lionman Blood pinball
    (get it?)

platoon-1 (resized).jpgplatoon-1 (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

g.i. jane pinball (hair mod topper sold separately)

Much happier boobs, thank you.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Much happier boobs, thank you.

couple of boobs in the next pic too

#20 7 years ago

...Kiss Army ?

#21 7 years ago

Stern army? Well here's some stern math...

This:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Plus this:

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Equals this:

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Poor Goldie's boobs look sad

I always loved her sad boobs and felt such appreciation for her happy ass, and it has made me happy since I was a young lad, and it never looked better than when this glorious women was in her 40's, CrissCross comes to mind, bad film but man oh man worth a watch my friends.

#23 7 years ago

#24 7 years ago

Ahhh, I wasn't aware this was old news. They just posted it today on the Stern Facebook page.

#25 7 years ago

I'd like to have one of the banners.

LTG : )

#27 7 years ago

The poster applies to anyone who applies for the opportunity to buy a Batman 66 Super LE.

They get a signed copy of the poster personally from Gary as he activates the GPS device in their machine and receive a free Stern labotomy to their brain regarding company purchases.

Do people really believe that Stern will raise the bar of the construction standards of their games to match the purchase price for pure value of any future title?

I keep wondering one question though.
    If Adam West passes on before release, does this mean the game will cost $20K before it ships?
    This is not a prototype (not IPB remake) BBB.

Still don't understand what is going on at this exact moment in the hobby?

This simple video from my past explains everything, in an exceptionally clear and concise manner.

#28 7 years ago

Too bad they don't have a Stern Army for those that aren't into tournaments or leagues, that just love to play pinball. There are a lot of them out there.

LTG : )

#29 7 years ago

I applied and was denied because Gary apparently read a post of mine on pinside talking about the issues Stern has been having and reminding people to hold them accountable by not purchasing till they get things figured out. I guess you have to kiss Stern a$$ in order to be part of their army?

No bearing on the fact that we have purchased every new Stern in the past three years, run launch parties for each event, and wholy support their porduct on route.

I know it definately makes me think more about future pruchases (esp since there ar emore options than ever on where to send our money).

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I guess you have to kiss Stern a$$ in order to be part of their army?

Put on your business owner hat for a moment. You're running a marketing campaign. Person A says only positive things about your company and its products. Person B says both positive and negative. Who should you to partner with?

Person A, Person B, both, or neither?

#31 7 years ago

I have a conversation with person A and B and then decide.

Person A >> They are obviously passionate, care about pinball greatly and have done much to rejuvinate it already in their region, will possibly help me make my product better and have a greater impact on my bottom line in the long run, have already supported with multiple purchases and in some cases early adoption beta testing (and kept quite when unvieling big issues) and are not seen as a kiss ass so having them on my side in the long run may be the best thing for my business.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I have a conversation with person A and B and then decide.
    Person A >> They are obviously passionate, care about pinball greatly and have done much to rejuvinate it already in their region, will possibly help me make my product better and have a greater impact on my bottom line in the long run, have already supported with multiple purchases and in some cases early adoption beta testing (and kept quite when unvieling big issues) and are not seen as a kiss ass so having them on my side in the long run may be the best thing for my business.

Was it through word of mouth you heard, or someone from Stern actually said to you that he read critical posts from you and didn't like it?

In a way that is positive ... that would indicate he at least reads feedback on pinball fora now, even if he ignores everything, rather than completely dismissing them and their users as he apparently did years ago.

But regarding someone critical getting one of these SLEs ... you and I both know that they'll have the same super cheap cabinets and playfields as are now the norm. Anyone with a remotely critical eye is likely to be furious upon receiving their $15k machine. I'm sure this is at least part of why there is a vetting process.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Was it through word of mouth you heard, or someone from Stern actually said to you that he read critical posts from you and didn't like it?

I was told directly that Gary read a specific post and then removed me himself from the list of possible people to be part of the competitive/promotional operators (i.e. the Stern Army)

I tried to explain that I expect accountability and am willing to toe the line for any company which wants to form a more solid partnership but am unwilling to hold my tounge (it is easy to only state the good even when you see the bad so long as the company is taking the rights steps; I do this for many others which I support) in advance of any partnership.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I applied and was denied because Gary apparently read a post of mine on pinside talking about the issues Stern has been having and reminding people to hold them accountable by not purchasing till they get things figured out. I guess you have to kiss Stern a$$ in order to be part of their army?
    No bearing on the fact that we have purchased every new Stern in the past three years, run launch parties for each event, and wholy support their porduct on route.
    I know it definately makes me think more about future pruchases (esp since there ar emore options than ever on where to send our money).

They actually told you this? If so, the fucking ego with this company is unbelievable. They don't communicate with the public. But, when the public communicates their frustration they hold it against you?

Notice to Stern. Hey morons, PR 101...communicate with your customers. I don't care what distribution model you run. Fucking Stone Age over there.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

But regarding someone critical getting one of these SLEs ... you and I both know that they'll have the same super cheap cabinets and playfields as are now the norm. Anyone with a remotely critical eye is likely to be furious upon receiving their $15k machine. I'm sure this is at least part of way there is a vetting process.

I actually heard that the cabinets would be self leveling and include cup holders big enough to fit a bottle of Dom.--For those of us that plan to use them on our private jets and yachts

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told directly that Gary read a specific post and then removed me himself from the list of possible people to be part of the competitive/promotional operators (i.e. the Stern Army)
    I tried to explain that I expect accountability and am willing to toe the line for any company which wants to form a more solid partnership but am unwilling to hold my tounge (it is easy to only state the good even when you see the bad so long as the company is taking the rights steps; I do this for many others which I support) in advance of any partnership.

That's bs man! Madison Pinball does a ton to promote Stern! That's just poor business on their part.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

GARY INTERNET (resized).jpgGARY INTERNET (resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

That's bs man! Madison Pinball does a ton to promote Stern! That's just poor business on their part.

This's seriously insane.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

They actually told you this?

yes, I have an email directly from their rep for the Stern Army. I replied letting them know my ability to support (and hold back any negative) if we form a partnership and that I woudl liek them to reconsider bringing me on board.

They never replied any further, which to me means they have no desire to bring me into the army. Pretty sad since we are actually one of their top 10? operator supporters in the past 3-4 years up to this point. We have bought GBpro, SMve, GoTprem, Kisspro, WWE, TWD, IM, Mustang, ST, and MET in the past 3 years. We have run promotional launch parties for most of those games.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Put on your business owner hat for a moment. You're running a marketing campaign. Person A says only positive things about your company and its products. Person B says both positive and negative. Who should you to partner with?
    Person A, Person B, both, or neither?

That's a tough one. Maybe from the marketing angle you only want positive. If I'm creating a product and something is wrong or not good enough, I need people to tell me and I should be receptive to it.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

We have bought GBpro, SMve, GoTprem, Kisspro, WWE, TWD, IM, Mustang, ST, and MET in the past 3 years. We have run promotional launch parties for most of those games.

Just buying WWE alone should be enough to get you in!

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

agreed. I may be vocal when they have issues (becuase I expect them to fix it; we have GB, GoT, and SMve ghosting inserts plus a KISS with code in need of major refinement/finishing) but I/We are also huge supporters by putting games on route, running tons of events to give them exposure, promoting sales to numerous locals, and I also give credit where credit is due (i.e. St code polish was great, TWD is one of my favorites, GB is super fun to play).

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Just buying WWE alone should be enough to get you in!

lol!

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

So they're actually serious with this Stern Army thing ... it's not just a meme or minor promotion?

Maybe the idea is to create a cult, like the cult of Apple / Jobs, and implement one of the famous reality distortion fields, whilst freezing out (or briefing against in Apple's case) anyone in the industry who's critical or not willing to stick to review guidelines.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sad since we are actually one of their top 10? operator supporters in the past 3-4 years up to this point.

Curious where you get this data. We have an operator here in Seattle that buys both the Pro and the Prem just to get the new game at a local arcade sooner.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

yes, I have an email directly from their rep for the Stern Army. I replied letting them know my ability to support (and hold back any negative) if we form a partnership and that I woudl liek them to reconsider bringing me on board.
    They never replied any further, which to me means they have no desire to bring me into the army. Pretty sad since we are actually one of their top 10? operator supporters in the past 3-4 years up to this point. We have bought GBpro, SMve, GoTprem, Kisspro, WWE, TWD, IM, Mustang, ST, and MET in the past 3 years. We have run promotional launch parties for most of those games.

Dude that's a kick to the nuts. I can't believe they would do that to you. The level of insanity over there has reached DEFCON 1. If I have any issues with my NIB GB Premium I will equal their level of insanity and personally return it to Stern. Mark my words. 2008 miles round trip. 30hrs. DGAF.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

So they're actually serious with this Stern Army thing ... it's not just a meme or minor promotion?
    Maybe the idea is to create a cult, like the cult of Apple / Jobs, and implement one of the famous reality distortion fields, whilst freezing out (or briefing against in Apple's case) anyone in the industry who's critical or not willing to stick to review guidelines.

my understanding is they are dead serious. I actually think it is one of their better promotional ideas, enough that I actually wanted to be part of it and would have happily done more to support them if I was.

As I understand it the OPs that are Stern Army will get special promotional stuff to give away to players. This would hopefully then bring in more players and help with more coin drop. More players of course would mean more promotion for stern. I see it as a nice win/win and honestly think Stern shoudl be giving out more specials to OPs that promote. Having games on route actually drives lots of sales.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Curious where you get this data. We have an operator here in Seattle that buys both the Pro and the Prem just to get the new game at a local arcade sooner.

just a guess. I was not referring to only sales/ game number but to actual support. There are around 10 OPs that I see always supporting, running launch parties, multiple monthlies, quarterlies, etc...

This Stern Army thing is about promotion of competition, hence the partnering with IFPA/Stern.

#50 7 years ago

Let this be a lesson to others that operate Stern pins on route who may one day want to participate in a marketing promotion that Stern introduces;

Best to get on the inside and then piss outside rather than be on the outside pissing in. Especially when Stern has a larger building and bank account.

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-army and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.