index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 8 years ago

Fish Tank in the pro still seems like it is not coded. Honestly don't see huge changes but I have only played a few games.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I don't think the pro was built to have a fish tank in it. So probably no new code for something that isn't suppose to be there.

So why have an insert above the ramp? For shits and giggles!

#166 8 years ago

I am not too familiar with the pro model. I thought you were talking about an actual physical fish tank, my bad.

No problem. I understand.

How does the fish tank work on the LE? Meaning the the right ramp shot. I assume the insert lights above the ramp and you collect heads at some point? I assume this is a working feature on the LE.

#169 8 years ago

The way it works on the LE is there are three green LED's (one under each head) in the fish tank. When you make the ramp once one LED lights solid to let you know you collected that head but the other two heads stay unlit/dark. When you make the ramp shot again, the second LED lights up to illuminate the second head, and so on until you collect all three and all three are lit. That's what I thought you were refering to, each head lighting up individually on the pro.

Does the fish tank ramp light turn on during gameplay?

#171 8 years ago

Yes. The fish tank light and the crossbow light both come on when the respective shots are ready to make.

How do you light the fish tank light on the LE?

I know the crossbow comes on when Weapon insert is lit from the drops.

#173 8 years ago

I'm assuming the same way you do on the pro, but I could be wrong.

LOL

I can hit the ramp and an occasional head will be given but the ramp light never lights.

I also have the topper and it seems with the 1.24 update some of the effects have diminished from 1.19

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Should we really be listening to this attitude and constant negativity?
Luckily the @wheresthecode negativity spearheaded by flash isnt affecting the quality we are still getting from lyman and the crew. These people especially lyman have been putting in huge hours to give us a good game.
Its frustrating to see people like lyman who put massive man time into the games and then get the @wheresthecode gang sitting at home typing a word here and there and telling them to hurry up. Anyone can do that.
Like a guy just wrote on their thread. Its time for pats on the back not more negativity. And guess what he got a heap of thumbs down

So we should congrat people when things get left out. WTF!

I am happy the code is progressing after seven months - good job Stern. Horde is excellent. Game is a lot more fun.
I am majorly disappointed that the fish tank is still not a game feature for the right ramp on the pro.

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sadly I am pretty sure that the prison magnet SDTM issue has not been resolved with this update. Still getting SDTM drains and there doesn't seem to be a difference in the way the magnet is pulsed when it releases the ball. I'm probably getting SDTM drains from the magnet about 20% of the time? I know it was more than that when we played, but it's normally not that bad.

It seems if I hit the flippers while the animation goes it pulses and throws it to the side = no drain

If I wait and let it release, it drains.

I have a pro thought so coding maybe different.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

And this magnet pulse flipper feature has been known to the community for months now.

Rob has only had the game for a few weeks.

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

The game has been greatly improved but it still has a way to go. I wouldn't compare it to met or any other fully coded game just yet. I do think it can be as good as anything out there. Stern says two more updates. Maybe one more adding a few things, lighting effects, ect... and a final to smooth out any bugs.
I have about 50 games on the new code fwiw. I am really enjoying it.

I haven't played a LE/Prem but I own a pro. Here's my thoughts on the update:

Good
-Game IMHO is a lot better and more fun to play.
-Magnet pulse seems better on the Prison Magnet
-multikills mean a lot - big points, work towards Horde
-Horde is Awesome. Zombies walking towards you - hit the shots to fight them off. Everything about it is awesome.
-x doubler in inlane when lit works better - now doubles on bicycle girl
- Bonus DMD animation very cool when the zombie kills stack up by bodies falling into piles.

Needs Improvement:
- Prison Multiball - when the doors on the prison open and the zombie head inside needs to be hit, the prison needs to flash. It is the only shoot to hit and the prison should flash to show a novice player to hit the zombie head for the double jackpot.
-DMD background for some scoring areas missing (text only) - can tell they are improving on this from last update
-Add a ball for Prison/ WW Multiball - You can add balls to Blood Bath. I would like to see Prison and WW also have the feature. Maybe make it so you have to hit the Woodbury shot to add for those
-Topper - more lighting effects

Needs Major Improvement
-Fish Tank/Zombie Heads - the Fish Tank light doesn't work in gameplay. I hope they have something planned for this. Bicycle girl is fun to hit the ramp to score points. Besides Crossbow, no reason to hit the right ramp. Would be fun if they turned the zombie heads into another MB. Collect a Zombie head locks a ball and use the Multiball to collect more heads. Hope they make the Fish Tank/Zombie Head a big part of the game - just seems nonexistent on the pro and from what I have seen not very exciting on the LE.
-Woodbury Shot - just not utilized well. Need to be able to go for some features like originally coded early on. Not worth the points.

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The fish tank heads always seemed like a natural ball lock. Would love to see it turn into a MB.

Me too. Three heads, Three ball locks. Seems like a no brainier to me.

#321 8 years ago

The Woodbury skill shot needs some help. It's just not worth hitting - the rewards aren't great. Hope this gets worked on.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really? I need to keep playing then. How do you qualify it for that many points? All I ever see is 250k for the skill shot

You can cycle with flipper button to get 1 million on the first rollover via the shooter.

I believe he is referring to the spinner in front of the Woodbury shot.

I was referring to the four shill shots via the shooter ( which I know you are aware of).

#353 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How did you start bloodbath? I thought you had to collect all three items by the drop target bank?

Light Food, Weapon, & First Aid via the drops. You light them when you hit one of the drops when that insert is flashing. Complete all three and Blood Bath will be flashing. Complete the drops again to start Blood Bath.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

"Last Man Standing" is not available with 1.24... is this correct?

I believe so but haven't tried. 110 zombies is a lot of kills.

Is Seige available and if so how do you achieve it?

#377 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You get siege from getting 12 jackpots during prison multiball. At least that was the case in the previous code.

Ah...thank you. Might have to take the glass off and see what that is like.

Does it start after you hit the 12th jackpot or do you have to start prison Multiball again to start Seige?

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Right... so I guess do we really know what that means? Sounds like the insert light is now tied into it but is there any real code behind Last Man Standing? I.e. great, you killed 115 zombies and the light turned on, but then it's just general gameplay?

Remember they are still promising another two updates per their Facebook post a few days ago.

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What are "all" the multi kills? How many?

Multikills are represented by the weapons on the playfield (hammer, knife, sword, etc). They are ready when blinking. The shots are the yellow circles. You get credit for a multikill when you hit one of the yellow circles.
What I don't get is you never seem to complete them unless your ball drains. Therefore, if you are on ball 3, it seems you can't get to horde. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: you don't have to complete the multikills, just start all 6 to light Horde.

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

You do not have to complete the Multikill. You just need to collect it.
When the weapon is blinking, the shot is "alive" and completing a multi kill shot, the yellow dot, will earn you a kill with the blinking weapon. The weapon is still collected and already counts towards Horde progression.
Once your ball ends, the weapon insert light will go solid. This just means that the multi kill shots will not count towards the weapon that has a solid light. It also means that when you do earn a multi kill, it will not choose that weapon a second time.
Once the sixth and final multi kill is blinking, the Woodbury shot starts flashing for Horde start.
So you definitely can get Horde on ball three. Just get your final weapon blinking and the Horde shot should become available.
Marcus

Thanks. That makes more sense.

#396 8 years ago

I have to say. I am climbing the walls to get out of work and play some TWD tonight.

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Some changes needed in the next update to me:
- horde walkers should walk a little faster, I would be more stressed if they did
- make multikills a little more difficult to get (for example after 4 succesfull shots in a mode instead of 3)
- a mode running should shut off during horde (now awards and sound/animations are shown during horde)
- make popbumper animation priority lower during multiballs
- fishtank lamps needs coding
- add nr of shots needed for crossbow multiball
- add woodbury skillshots
- drop the scoring in tunnel mode (this is really too high)
the disabled stacking between well and prison is a good thing. Especially for competition play!
Another multikill found in 1.24:
blood bath superjackpot (making 3 drop target banks during bloodbath)
My record is 72 walkers killed. The display was sure piling up with zombies during bonus countdown.

Tunnel is really high but also the toughest shoot in the game. Definitely needs to be the highest.

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't know! It was stacked with a multiball.

The tunnel shots actually lights other arrow inserts too. Perhaps these shots should be less. You also may of had 2x scoring going.

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

For tunnel a lot of the inserts light up. Any of the white ones advance the mode. Shoot the tunnel to start the mode and then shoot the other white lit inserts. It's 6 million per shot or 12 million with 2x lit. I try to start tunnel then go for the riot shot to start 2x. Completing the drops also adds time I believe.

I remember scoring a 20 mil shot on Tunnel.

#412 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Tunnel is hard to hit, but it's still my highest score for any of the modes

IMG_0785-1.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Come on! You had the glass off!

#415 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Funny enough, last time I had a sweet multi ball going with lots of stuff stacked and hitting some shots for huge points I was thinking of taking the glass off later to see exactly what was going on rules wise. I've never actually done that before, as I usually prefer to learn as I play. But it's so damn hectic during MB that it's hard to tell.

My best so far. Made it to Horde. Glass was on.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#424 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Got horde and Siege on the same game.
Confirming 3 available Add-A-Balls (one for super jackpot) in Blood Bath
Cashed in 7.5 mil at the spinner (although my highest is around 15)
Multikills were up to 8.8 mil by the end. Cant remember if i had 2x running. But the longer you last the more you can cash in. Still less than 60 walkers killed , so i am not sure how you can get to 115. Seems almost unobtainable the way my game is set up (Tight Tilt, only default settings besides free play, no extra balls for replay etc.).
Would be nice to get some "kills" via Woodbury Awards or a "Start Multikill" award.
No crossbow multiball. Has this been changed to 4 or 5 shots to start?

IMAG1162.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

How does spinner work in the LE as far as scoring?

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I've gotten some huge points from tunnel and it is by far the easiest mode to get big points on but it is also the hardest mode shot to start. Barn takes more shots but I got over 150 million on it with 2x and WW/BB multi ball going. I suck at the right ramp so I have not seen much of arena yet. Not sure how to get big points out of the CDC or Riot yet. One problem I have noticed is if you have the prison started and are trying to clear the yard the blue inserts trump everything so you may not be seeing some of the shots required on the modes. Anyone else notice this? I also found out last night that the modes still run during horde. I had started arena then started horde and both worked together. They are going to have to reduce the 115 kills required for the big wizard mode or add some ways to multiply your kills. No one will ever see it with the glass on. 50-60 kills is a great game.
Anyone figured out if crossbow multi ball works yet or how to start it?

It would be cool if Multikills counted towards your zombie kills. Maybe 2 zombie kills for a multikill, if they stick to the 115 number. I think they will stick to the 115 as all the numbered inserts add up to 115.

#477 8 years ago

I would love to try and LE/Prem and see the differences. I have a pro and am pretty content with it.

#515 8 years ago

People say bad stuff about Stern but they are starting to get gold stars in my eyes. Releasing an update on a Saturday gets a thumbs up.

1 month later
#665 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I think we have a new "broken mode". CDC Jr.
I like rioting and all , but this seems excessive.

IMAG1174.jpg

That is insane! Nice job!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 26.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon?tu=tomgwi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.