index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 8 years ago

I don't think Stern ever said "only 200 TWD Toppers will be made" - it's not like it's an LE. They just posted 200 available on the ordering website, and the counter counted down until they were gone. Basically, they only made 200 in the first batch and now they are making another batch - nothing wrong with that.

#26 8 years ago

To get this post back on track and the correct mood...

- TWD Code update coming!!!!
- And it's going to be awesome!

1 week later
#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What does one have to do with the other? WWE code still blows at the moment. I wouldn't worry about not being able to get a WWE LE - why not buy Derek's? Price drops by the day!

I think TigerLaw made a resolution to not buy any NIB Stern until the code for his current game(s) (TWD) is relatively complete.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It was a toss up between TWD Pro, ST Pro and IMVE last August and I chose ST. I'm glad I waited on TWD, but am choosing IMVE next which will be picked up in 2 weeks. I had planned on a TWD Premium, but I think I'm going to wait some more. There's a pro local to me so I should go play it.
Rob

You should get some play time in on a Premium/LE after the code update before making a decision, especially since that should be happening pretty soon. All good game choices BTW

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

they just posted a min ago "The Product Development team here at Stern Pinball testing the new code update for The Walking Dead! Coming soon! ‪#‎SternPinball‬ ‪#‎codeiscoming"

I checked Sterns Facebook page, and did not see any new TWD videos.
Is this a video or just a picture?

#239 8 years ago

Zombie Bombs!!!

I just had a game where I lost my 3rd ball and needed a few more hits to start WW multiball - boom, boom, boom -> 3 zombie bombs -> Start WW and keep myself / my game alive!

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Honestly?
As of right now, I liked the previous iteration a little bit more.
The bodies stacking at the bonus count is neat, but the lack of multiballs stacking in the gameplay pretty much kills it for me, and I've truly been touting this thing since the last code update. It's been one of my favorite games!

There is still stacking of multiballs, just not Well Walker and Prison. Lyman is adjusting the scoring opportunities so it's not imbalanced - which makes for a better game. It was too easy to just stack Prison and WW - so that's what everyone would always do -> ultimately becoming too repetitive.
Also, this is not a final update. They wanted to release a version for Memorial Day weekend, and this is where they are at right now. There's a lot of new stuff, and it's a great update!

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does the crossbow feature do anything more or is it still worthless?
Excited about the fire button features.

I'm pretty sure Lyman is going to make it easier to start Crossbow multiball, but I'm not sure if all the changes are in this version. BG ramp goes up, so that shot is easier. I think crossbow get's lit more often too.

#345 8 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Thinking hard about pulling the trigger on this one tomorrow.One question for those more informed.What are the chances that at least some of the "callouts" or voices from the show are implemented either via code or in the way of private party.That would make a huge difference to me.

Someone has already added show voices via pinball browser. The same file will work with any new version of code, it just needs to be "adjusted". Which will definitely happen - so no need to worry about it. If we're REALLY LUCKY, Stern will work out the licensing and add the show voices - but that may not happen. Either way, you're still good.

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sounds like it was an Extra Ball shot set to points to me. Never seen anything besides a 250k max value WB shot.

You can always get a 1 Million WB shot, but you have to select it using the flippers before plunging.

#431 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

few minutes later, i'm over +300M and HORDE played the luck of the beginner ?
not sure as my son had 4 or 5 games, also over +300, and missed the HORDE for 1 weapon

You do realize that Horde isn't the big wizard mode, right? Horde is NOT easy to get on most TWDs, and what's wrong with big scores? Ever play AFM? The rules are shaping up quite well and there is more to come as well as tweaking/balance. It's not night and day at all - you're just basing your judgement on way too little info.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh really....
I'm not really sure that I call a 60 million point mode score, which I saw happen THREE TIMES at our league night on tuesday, "balanced scoring" when you can not even get anywhere near that from a multiball. They've completely turned the game on it's head, but instead of the modes being "hard" to get, and hard to score properly, like a Metallica crank-it-up, they're worth the same amount of points as a CIU by dropping three targets and shooting one shot to start? LOL...it's horrible..
I held the grand champ all night just by having ONE multiball and ONE mode stacked in with it. My other two balls were crap. Absolutely absurd to have that turn into 130 million points.

This is just like AC/DC - Song Jackpot is where all the points are, and that is NOT a multi-ball only feature. The scoring opportunities come from combining the right set of features, and this is exactly what Lyman is getting to on TWD. The big scoring on the modes is when you stack them with a multiball.

The comparisons to Metallica are misplaced. Crank-it-up is a mini-wizard mode - these are normal game modes, not mini-wizard modes. Metallica doesn't have normal modes - it's coded differently (which is fine). Modes should be worthwhile or they are meaningless. This is a major problem on many games -> worthless modes that might as well not even be in the game.

IMO this is a major improvement on TWD, and Lyman is doing a great job! Modes that are worth trying your best on!

#436 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Please demonstrate anywhere on AC/DC you can build the song jackpot, and qualify it, with as little as 5 shots to 50 million.
The tunnel is worth TOO DAMN MUCH.
index.jpg

Maybe I didn't describe my point well enough - lol. IMO modes should be worth going for, and TWD is taking that approach (not just Tunnel mode) as well as encouraging the stacking of a mode with Multiball. Also, Song Jackpots can grow well beyond 50 million and be cashed in multiple times, so Song Jackpots are more valuable in AC/DC than Tunnel Mode. Maybe Tunnel mode does score too high, maybe not - I'm not sure at this point.

You should also consider that a mode on TWD can only be played once, until all other modes (and Horde?) have been completed. This gives you (typically) one opportunity per game to cash in what you can when you start it. Having a mode that scores high and can be endlessly repeated frequently renders all the other modes worthless in a game (Demo Man is a good example).

It takes more than one night of playing a game to get a real feel for the plus/minuses in a game. But I get it that this is an initial reaction. Just like my opinions are initial reactions - it'll take some time to really judge it.

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

One guy that I know would have the skill isn't likely to try it because the shot is too dangerous. I would be surprised to see anyone else aside from a very small handful of our players deliberately try to do this. If they can pull it off, and I can pull it off, then I don't have anything to complain about, yeah?

You explained it great -> Risk vs Reward. Risky shots should be worth more AND it makes pinball more exciting. The guy that's afraid to go for Tunnel mode will go for it on ball 3, because you'll be obliterating him and it's the best shot he's got to catch up!

#453 8 years ago

lol - Your comparison of TWD to a fine lady seems to change...

Quoted from iceman44:

You have to treat TWD like a fine lady,
This pin is a bitch, Gotta treat her right

#455 8 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Anybody know if you can start a mode in the middle of multiball? Most games require you to start a mode before entering multi-ball (risk vs reward), but I believe TWD allows mode start during MB. Possible bug, or...just seems odd

I like the change for this particular game. There's still plenty of risk vs reward. This adds to the frenzied, crazy action TWD gives during MB as you have to keep thinking about what should I do now. TWD may have the most frenzied, crazy action (in a good way) multiballs of any game out there.

IMO they were trying to go for the tension/build up, and then excitement of the show - and they've succeeded big time. If it weren't for the license issue with the voices, TWD would have been much more popular right out of the gate. I still think AMC would be better off letting Stern include the voices - it would be better marketing for the show. I know they don't *need* it, but every little bit counts.

#492 8 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

Is Last Man Standing the wizard mode Or is it Seige? How do you start Seige?

Wizard Modes on TWD...
- Siege is a mini-wizard mode - X jackpots (or X multikills?) during Prison MB to light.
- Horde is a mini-wizard mode - Complete all Multikill lights (5)
- Last Man Standing is the big wizard mode - Get 115 zombie kills (numbers surrounding LMS light).

Also 4 multi-balls...
- Prison
- Well Walker
- Blood Bath
- Crossbow

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

What's the consensus on the felt tape trick, I mean it doesn't come from Stern officially. So aren't you guys butchering the playfield design? I need proof that Borg meant for the ball to go all the way around.. I mean is Papa adding the tape too?

It adds an extra level of excitement to the game, to have the ball speeding directly at the flippers at ultra high speed more often!! Papa does all sorts of things to their games to make them play harder, so I wouldn't really count them.

A little mod like the felt doesn't "butcher" anything. It just a slight adjustment
I do this type of thing all the time, to make the games play as good as possible. Things sometimes get out of alignment, or sometimes aren't correctly aligned at the factory. IMO just set the game up to play the way you think is best - but you'll only know if you try it. So just try it, and if you don't like it take it off.

#542 8 years ago

Just added the shaker tonight - one of the best uses of a shaker for sure! Highly Recommended

Also got to Horde and...

... I predict TWD will ultimately end up very highly rated as a top game, but it will take a while.

A lot of haters out there, as is typically the case initially for brutal games like TWD. But the challenge is a big part of making it a long time keeper. I'm not surprised some say it isn't doing well on location - neither did Twilight Zone. I have to agree with John Borg too

#544 8 years ago

I agree that Pinside ratings may never reflect. And it may take years for the consensus to build, but ultimately the word will get out. It's just too cool a game to stay buried by ignorance and misinformed judgment calls. Of course that's just IMO.

#547 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Do you guys have a link to the felt mod? I remember seeing it somewhere but can't find it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-left-orbit-shot-mod

#548 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Actually if you loosen screws and pull ball guide a little no tape is required, I was going to take pictures to show what I did, but got caught up in multiple mods. I noticed it on game 3 when I first got pin, that ball would stop at pops and made an adjustment. Make sure you are level as well.

I was thinking of trying this too. It's such a close tolerance, just a little nudge keeps the ball flying!
Thanks for posting, now I'll check it out and see which I prefer.

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I like it and think its kinda fun but lets not get carried away. Watched a friend put up a billion on the game last night & he renamed the mode "Bored" lol

lol - Is your friends initials KME?

Horde is the kind of creativity in pinball that takes a game to a new level of immersion and fun. If it's too easy, I'm sure Lyman can/will tweak it - maybe an adjustment in the menu for different difficulties. What's easy for some can be difficult for others. Horde in a game room with no other distractions (dark and quiet) is absolutely awesome!

This is the kind of mode/immersion that many other themes can't achieve, because it just doesn't fit the theme. If you're into the theme and have the right setting - Horde is definitely one of the best modes out there. And it's not even the final wizard mode - Last Man Standing awaits! Go Lyman

#599 8 years ago

To Start Blood Bath you must first Understand the Drop Target Lights...

1) Each of the 3 drop targets has a light in front of it: "First Aid", "Weapons", "Food"
2) When all drops are UP -> 1 of the lights will flash at a time, rotating in sequence
3) The first drop that gets knocked down "Locks In" which target/light the Complete Bank will award
4) When you complete the bank - the locked in reward is awarded. Either "First Aid", "Weapons" or "Food"

To Start Blood Bath....
Step 1) Complete the 3 drops targets - 1 of the Awards is Given (FirstAid, Weapons or Food) AND STAYS LIT
Step 2) Only when the 3 drops are UP -> time knocking down the first drop when 1 of the 2 unlit rewards is flashing
Step 3) Complete the bank of drops -> now 2 rewards are lit (for example: Food and Weapons)
Step 4) Only when the 3 drops are UP -> time knocking down the first drop when the final UNLIT reward is flashing
Step 5) Complete the bank of drops -> You have now completed all 3 rewards -> Blood Bath will be lit
Step 6) Complete the bank of drops to start Blood Bath

Add A Ball: While in blood bath, every time you complete the 3 drops (up to 3 times), it adds a ball and lights the ball saver

NOTE: It is harder to start Blood Bath a 2nd time (not sure of the exact change).
Most of the time, you complete drop target banks without thinking about it. But it can be important to focus on "Locking In" the UNLIT rewards - or you'll never light Blood Bath.

#601 8 years ago

The walker hits left are displayed in the middle of Well Walker animation screen.

It's right in the middle of the screen, with no caption/label.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 26.95
$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon?tu=t7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.