index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purpledrilmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#471 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I'll have to respectfully disagree with Whysnow.
I have the opportunity to play LE daily and the Pro weekly at the Tuesday night tournaments that I attend every week.
It's not even close in my opinion. The LE/Premium v1.24 is far superior to the Pro v1.24. The addition of the single drop target and spinner for the Woodbury shot along with the extra Well Walker Magnet, the crossbow toy and the Bicycle Girl Bash toy make the LE/Premium the preferred version IMHO.

The pro will not keep up to the GI possibilities moving forward either. Saw Horde mode on the LE last night - phenomenal atmosphere.

Also the walker/prison bombs greatly change how I approached MB's. They can be used like VIP passes to save a drained ball right before MB start. Very powerful if used properly.

#591 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I like it and think its kinda fun but lets not get carried away. Watched a friend put up a billion on the game last night & he renamed the mode "Bored" lol

Note: discussing LE/Prem here...

While I can appreciate the creativity and skill required to play a ruleset like ACDC, the atmosphere of Horde is far beyond anything I've seen outside of Metallica, and might even top it. Rules and scoring wise it's not overly complicated or difficult to grasp, but to me calling it boring based purely on scoring is simply not a good thought process for such a well implemented experience, no matter how 'simple' the scoring is laid out. Video games like 'Metroid Prime', 'Journey', or 'Portal' are great examples of what I'm talking about... they aren't games that are "AC/DC" complicated in terms of gameplay or competitiveness, but they are fantastic experiences that can be enjoyed again and again due to their atmosphere and creative structure.

IMO an actual experience of playing counts for something even after the "I won!"gameplay is mastered because the atmosphere and theme is just that compelling - that's what Horde (and hopefully TWD overall) has going for it.

Just my 2 cents... and I'm usually wrong, but stick to talking to myself to remain right

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

NOTE: It is harder to start Blood Bath a 2nd time (not sure of the exact change).

I believe after the first Blood Bath MB, you have to collect all 3 drop awards twice to light it again.

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

wow, can't ever see getting that in normal play ...

It's pretty easy to accidentally do it. The only real trick is to try and stop the flashing light on an UNLIT item so that when you 'accidentally' clear the drop bank, you aren't collecting the same rewards over and over.

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So what's the deal with the Prison door not working properly after this update? The door stays shut when it should be open in order to bash the zombie head inside. What happened here?
Would like to see a quick fix for this issue.

Quoted from RobT:

Anyone? You guys having this issue too?

I had this happen on a friends machine on the new code. I felt/feel like it had something to do with skipping the intro to the prison mode by double flipping quickly to fast forward everything. It seemed like maybe the game was skipping or reversing the prison door opening sequence? Happened to me ~2 times in about 40 games? No confirmation 100% on the cause, but it did happen. I played on as normal, but prison shots did nothing and I never got the doors open until I drained and moved to the next ball. It sounds like holding flippers and/or scrolling in instant info or something might be a temporary fix though? Can't confirm.

We also ran across a bug of some sort in a multiplayer game where the drop target 'supply' light wouldn't roam properly at the start of a new ball for the next player. Seemed to have something to do with a 'locked' but partially completed supply drop target on one player, then the light was stuck to that supply for the next player. We didn't come up with a complete picture of the issue as it seemed very inconsistent and could have involved any number of supply/walker bomb/bloodbath/drop target issues, but there was definitely some sort of hiccup in the code around those targets specifically in multiplayer games. We thought maybe a target opto was flakey but couldn't see any issue in test mode. Something for folks to keep an eye on to maybe flesh it out a bit more. Note we never were able to reproduce it once in single player AFAIK.

#624 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

They should make shots to the head not count towards unlighting arrows anyways.

Disagree, but I do think there should be a reward for arrows shot vs. prison shot. Each arrow should add somewhat substantial points to the prison jackpots as well as advance 'prison', whereas the prison walker would simply advance prison with no substantial rewards. That way the MB is still reasonable to obtain for a novice player, but can be much more lucrative for an expert.

For all I know it might already be like this frankly...

#626 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Your need to swap the large spring over to a softer spring lift PF and your see the spring on the door mech it's a very easy swap. I'm pretty sure I used a flipper spring and I've played hundreds of games and the issue has gone. My doors would open then close straight away but then would open ok once ball drained and ball two started weird hey. A few guys have done the spring swap and problem has gone
Peter.

Not saying this isn't a fix, but this problem never happened in the original code to my recollection so I'm very curious how a mechanical change is the solution? I don't understand the mechanism at all but I am thinking somehow this mechanical fix is a Band-Aid for a code problem... kinda like the old 'solder resistors onto coils' fix for slings that hit too hard.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purpledrilmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon?tu=purpledrilmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.