index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#508 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

John Borg agrees with you...
"...Mr. Borg HAS been quoted on record as saying this is his best design ever..."
http://creditdotpinball.com/tag/john-borg/

Ask Gary Stern which pinball machine is his favorite. Much like the above, it's always the current one on the line.

-Mark

#509 8 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

It's a good design. And I will take Borgs's comment kind of like Gary's line that his favorite machine he's ever made is "the one on the line".

Yes! Beat me to it!

-Mark

#525 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

So your saying that Mr. Borg feels the most current one he has designed always tops all of his prior efforts?
I don't know. I don't wish to belittle his opinion on this. Has he ever went on record saying "this is my best design ever" before?
But maybe your right, perhaps John spent a little too much time in the hard coating room before he went on record:
ยป YouTube video

John is a good friend...

And yes, I would believe what he says way more than Gary's standard response...

But on the other hand, it's really difficult (if not impossible) for every new game a designer designs to be his best or better than the previous design.

John himself has said it was going to be really hard to top Metallica...and this was shortly before TWD was released.

In my neck of the woods, as an operator, my customers find the game really frustrating, even with the ball save timer set to maximum. It earns very good to great for a short amount of time (1-2 months) and then falls off the face of the earth at a given location. I don't have enough locations to rotate it that quickly. We'll see if the new code changes things, but I am doubtful.

And unlike Metallica, there were a couple major issues out of his control which hampered the game. Read enough Pinside and you'll quickly see what they were.

-Mark

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Interesting. It seems as an operator you would see first hand the ebb and flow of pin popularity as it relates to the title being in the public spot light. When the show is airing does it coincide with increased earnings? I think they just started shooting new episodes for the upcoming season but they're not slated to be released until October. Long way off.

I picked up the Pro a few days after it was built, right before Expo in mid-October. The first location I took it to, it more or less coincided with the start of the new season, and Halloween. I moved it in February to another location about the start of the second half-season premiere. I really didn't see a related spike in the earnings at either location like I was hoping.

Out of all the Sterns built since 2012, Star Trek is by far the most steady earner for me. It has been at the same location since September, and is still earning well, while others have come and gone next to it.

On a related note, Avengers suddenly picked up a lot the past month out of nowhere... I attribute that to new movie. I guess you never know. All I know is TWD has been an overall disappointment so far.

-Mark

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Hopefully the new update will give it more staying power on location. I had not turned mine on in a few months and was going to sell if this update was not good. There was just not much to do before. No way I sell now. I have to think the update will help the earnings.

I might move it back to its original location to see!

Like you, I was/am contemplating selling mine, to get something else, maybe KISS.

I'll try to post back here with results if I do rotate TWD back.

-Mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 8.95
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon?tu=marcos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.