index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just scored 127 million on the Tunnel mode alone! Scoring is way different now. Just put up a 230 million point score on my 5th game.

The modes are definately more lucrative now. Overall a great update.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Should we really be listening to this attitude and constant negativity?
Luckily the @wheresthecode negativity spearheaded by flash isnt affecting the quality we are still getting from lyman and the crew. These people especially lyman have been putting in huge hours to give us a good game.
Its frustrating to see people like lyman who put massive man time into the games and then get the @wheresthecode gang sitting at home typing a word here and there and telling them to hurry up. Anyone can do that.
Like a guy just wrote on their thread. Its time for pats on the back not more negativity. And guess what he got a heap of thumbs down

No one is bashing Lyman or his hard efforts. The vast majority are in agreement that code updates take way to long and games should not initially ship with such crap code on them that barely functions or has entire modes that are not present. The vast majority of games do not go to operators anymore. Home buyers are not happy with the way stern does code and you better believe stern is feeling it and trying to respond to it. The market has changed and stern has to change with it. KISS looks great but I'm waiting 12 months to buy a premium if I like were the code it at. Likely at that point it will be a HUO purchase so stern will not get my money. Ship games with a well defined code backbone then use quarterly updates to polish it. I think everyone would be pretty happy with that.

I haven't seen many people crying or being overly negative. It's just a fact that stern has released games in the past that barely function code wise out of the box and you have to wait 18 months or longer to see what you end up with. This was fine for operators, but home buyers are starting to wait though. 12 months ago I would have already reserved my LE for KISS. Now I have no desire to go through the waiting process so I'll buy something that is complete if I want a game and buy a KISS later. I think stern is trying to adapt so lets see how it goes with KISS, if it ships with a solid code background that gets polished pretty quickly a lot of people may change there mind on waiting on future releases.

TWD update is pretty good. The game is a lot better and I had fun playing last night. I bet I hadn't turned it on in 2 months though. I had no desire to play it as half the modes did nothing and all you do is bash 2 toys to try to start multiball over and over. Now I have modes and strategy to think about which makes me happy.

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's what I did (only I bought NIB premium) and as a result, I only had to wait a few weeks for updated code!

Smarter then I was. I don't blame stern though. I knew better and only have myself to blame. Stern will have to respond though as more and more people take the wait and see approach though. The hiring of someone to run facebook I think is a clear sign that some people are taking notice and stern understands that they cannot just play the we are the only one making games line anymore.

Who knows, maybe if stern keeps a large enough list of games in production they can live with games coming out of the gates slow. METPRO has been a great seller for stern for a long time and I'm guessing ST and TWD are seeing an increase in demand now.

#327 8 years ago

So far I've been really impressed with the update. What is triggering the mode starts? Seems like it times up with the drop bank for weapons? Once you hear the call out you can start whatever shot you make next. I find myseld only going for tunnel. I made it hord for the first time a few minutes ago, pretty cool looking wizard mode. I didn't last long. This was by far my best game. I assume the weapons are completed by hitting the yellowish green inserts when flashing? Tunnel is crazy high scoring compared to the other modes. Granted it is the hardest shot in the game, but if you can time it with 2x you get 12 million per shot. The game is so much better, thanks for the big update stern!!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really? I need to keep playing then. How do you qualify it for that many points? All I ever see is 250k for the skill shot

I haven't gotten that much either. I'm getting pretty good at getting the 1 million from the pick list on the woodbury plung.

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does the crossbow feature do anything more or is it still worthless?
Excited about the fire button features.

I think it is coded the same but it does seem to come out a lot more. I think it is due to the modes actually being important now. Before all I ever worried about was starting multiball. Now I actively focus on completing the drops to start the modes and get to bloodbath which results in lighting crossbow pretty much every game and sometimes several times per game.

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Man, this pin really can take off and get the blood pumping when you stack modes with multiballs and then starting hitting combos. I have no idea exactly what I had stacked, but during Prison MB I was seeing huge scores popping up on the screen for every combo I was hitting. Points racked up very quickly. Doubled my prior GC score. What a rush!

IMG_0790.JPG

Great score!! The stacking on this game is awesome. Last night I got prison, blood bath, and the barn going together. Got 89million on bloodbath, 47 million on prison, and 59 million barn. I ended up scoring close to 350 million on that one ball. First 2 balls and the extra ball only gave me about 17 million. I had horde lit right when I finished the barn but could not hit Woodberry to save my life. TWD, Metallica, WH20, and CFTBL all have huge one ball scoring potential, I think that is why I like all 4 so much. If they get everything polished on the next few updates TWD could really end up being a top game. It's a straight up adrenaline rush.

#410 8 years ago

For tunnel a lot of the inserts light up. Any of the white ones advance the mode. Shoot the tunnel to start the mode and then shoot the other white lit inserts. It's 6 million per shot or 12 million with 2x lit. I try to start tunnel then go for the riot shot to start 2x. Completing the drops also adds time I believe.

#437 8 years ago

I've gotten some huge points from tunnel and it is by far the easiest mode to get big points on but it is also the hardest mode shot to start. Barn takes more shots but I got over 150 million on it with 2x and WW/BB multi ball going. I suck at the right ramp so I have not seen much of arena yet. Not sure how to get big points out of the CDC or Riot yet. One problem I have noticed is if you have the prison started and are trying to clear the yard the blue inserts trump everything so you may not be seeing some of the shots required on the modes. Anyone else notice this? I also found out last night that the modes still run during horde. I had started arena then started horde and both worked together. They are going to have to reduce the 115 kills required for the big wizard mode or add some ways to multiply your kills. No one will ever see it with the glass on. 50-60 kills is a great game.

Anyone figured out if crossbow multi ball works yet or how to start it?

#476 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am an owner.
Pro is plenty on this title.
I would wait for another code update before pulling the trigger.
Frankly the game is still not polished enough to warrent the purchase IMO. It is getting better but not all the way there. Hold your cash for a while longer.
Stern has now promised 2 more code updates so no harm in waiting it out for a while.

The extra code on the LE/Premium along with the toys do make it worthwhile in my opinion. Nothing better then using some walker bombs to activate a multi-ball right as ball #3 drains to save the day.

At the end of the day none of the LE/Premiums have enough extra things to make up the cost. What matters is if they make the game substantially more enjoyable. Say what you want about the bicycle-girl ramp but I love when that thing pops ups and my red mod light lights it up.

#551 8 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

Ask Gary Stern which pinball machine is his favorite. Much like the above, it's always the current one on the line.
-Mark

That's not my quote in your post? Not sure how that happened.

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I like it and think its kinda fun but lets not get carried away. Watched a friend put up a billion on the game last night & he renamed the mode "Bored" lol

If someone is that great of a player they are going to think that about almost every game. Not many people will ever see a score close to that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 26.50
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.00
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.