index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#259 8 years ago

And this magnet pulse flipper feature has been known to the community for months now.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Rob has only had the game for a few weeks.

Yes, though before that, he spent more than a few months posting his TWD pin experience here, including playing the game, slamming it, called it the walking dud, belittling LE owners who reported no pop drains, putting up a bogus LE review, etc. I'd have thought the noted positive game play feedback tip wrt this would be easily known if reasonably following the pin, especially so since it also was put up in response to previous specific posts and complaints of prison magnet STDMs.

I guess I'm a little frustrated with some of the rehash. lol. I'm hoping RobT's (and other's) view of the pin continues to improve. But if not, to each their own.

#262 8 years ago

double post

#264 8 years ago

RE: above

Quoted from Razorbak86:

I played Rob's TWD Premium last week....

LOL. I'm not surprised at your comments.

FWIW, I specifically explained the prison magnet STDM pulsing fix two months ago in a post that literally referenced you in it before that description. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-frustration-thread#post-2267294 That thread is also rife with your downvotes of my previous posts including TWD STDMs associated with levelling considerations which have now been generally acknowledged and accepted by the community.

RobT did eventually play enough TWD pins to improve his impressions on it, to find and acknowledge the LE/Prem doesn't have a big pop drain issue (I'll leave Pro discussion to others), and to acknowledge and address the LE review. Anyway, I'd rather not rehash and think it is best to move the thread on. Hopefully RobT and you can be more happy with the TWD play with the pulse tip.

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I spent "more than a few months" posting my TWD experience? Exaggerate much?

LOL. No I don't, but you seem to. Here's one of many posts describing it from you in this case from over five months ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive#post-2066101
That's a heck of a lot longer than

Quoted from TomGWI:

Rob has only had the game for a few weeks.

'
'
'
'
'

Quoted from RobT:

And as I already explained when QuarterGrabber pointed it out to me, my original review on the LE was a mistake, as it was supposed to be for the Pro. I hadn't even played an LE/Premium when I did that review.

Yes, I was aware and already acknowledged that from you in my earlier post. Setting it straight was nice to see.

Quoted from RobT:

As for the prison magnet issue and hitting the flippers to make it pulse and not go SDTM, I can confidently say that this makes no difference on my pin. The percentage of SDTM drains seems to be the same. Got 2 SDTM drains using this method in 15 minutes of play.

Quoted from Ven:

Holding the flippers when the ball is released from the magnet definitely pulses the magnet on our Pro and the one I have played at CP. You still get center drains on it every once in a while, but it doesn't just drop off the magnet and go straight down the middle. It will sometimes fling it off the magnet and that is part of the randomness of pinball. It gives you the opportunity to practice your death save :O)
Maybe there is an issue with the one you are playing? You can always go into settings and turn the magnet off.

I agree with Ven. It does that too on my LE. The pulsing prevents a straight soft release down the middle, but there is also the randomness of the pulse, and it is part of the randomness of pinball overall. An STDM can still happen this way, but much more rarely than laying off the flippers and just letting the magnet do a soft release.

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have no idea what your point is? You don't even make sense. I posted a review of the pro that I played on location several months ago. That equates to me "spending more than a few months" posting my experience? WTF?
Even looking at the post that you link to, I still stand behind pretty much everything that I wrote as pertains to the pro that I played. I am not as bothered by the ball being in the pops as I was back then though.

It was the first post of much feedback you gave and continued to give on that thread for TWD play. Easy to find and read. And you posted similar feedback over the months on other threads as well (e.g., TWD frustration thread).

Nice deflection with a side attack. If you don't get the point, there is no need to for me to belabour it. I was all for moving on as noted in my previous posts.

#279 8 years ago

I unfortunately haven't had a chance to try it yet; I was planning on updating it shortly. I'm definitely interested in hearing people's experience with the new code as they get more time on it and it's why I'm on the thread.

Personally, I'd expect the horde option to be hard for me to get to, so some of these updates I won't get much experience on for a while and I wonder how much of a difference I'll find.

I haven't seen much detailed direct talk or comparisons yet on the update. v1.19 was definitely a big upgrade imo.

#462 8 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

I've been waiting this one out to see how the code turns out. What is the general consensus? Time to pull the trigger? And while we are seeking opinions, Pro or Premium?

It's a reasonable time to consider a purchase; I wonder if anyone knows how long Stern will be licensed to sell the TWD pins. Or if you want to buy used, then timing doesn't matter as much. There will be another code update or two, but the machine is getting positive feedback with the latest update from more people. As for which model, there won't be a general consensus and opinions will be all over the place on such a personal evaluation.

I find the le/prem walker bombs intriguing in the new coding, which isn't available on the pro (discussed earlier in this thread in the new code feedback posts).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon?tu=dzoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.