index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidpinballwizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 8 years ago

I think on the right display, software version reads 1.31?

#81 8 years ago

I love the layout on TWD. Shots are harder then regular, but not clunky.
Each player will experience this differently, I find star trek ramps and flow a little too easy for example.

#225 8 years ago

Ok have some games on the pro and absolutely love it. got to Horde on a 3 ball game, one extra, default outlanes and had to work really hard for it. This was only in my 20th game.

- getting multikills is harder now, especially in multiballs
- tunnel scoring has changed and takes longer
- barn is now a full mode with higher scoring
- i think modes are now all wel balanced to be able to score high in them, though some are easier to then others
- i really like you have to shoot the whole right loop instead of the 'entry switch'
- all high scores are working now
- multikill scoring can really ad up. On my horde game, in the end I had the value up to 5M per multikill shot (unmultiplied)
- new lamp effects are great, especially during multikills it adds to the killing
- i noticed extra mode speech (cdc especially), extra drop target speech

and there are more updates to follow. TWD was my first NIB so I couldn't be happier today

#266 8 years ago

I have magnet pulse from the prison magnet, even if I do not hit both flippers to abort the animation.

You get a multikill insert blinking if you qualify for one. It keeps blinking for the remaining of the ball.
Once you move on to your next ball they get solidly lit.

For those wondering that watched the horde mode. Got back to horde today and yes the 'helicopter dropping bombs' animation is used in the pro too. (I first thought this was linked to zombie bombs on premium/le's only).

What I like the most from this update:
- barn mode update
- multi kill light animation
- bonus count animation and lightshow (and it shows the lights from the zombies in the order you killed)
- horde update off course
- fact that multikills are harder to get then before but are worth more

#368 8 years ago

You get multikills by:

- x nr succesfull shots during modes
- x nr of jackpots (or super?) during well walker multiball
- x nr of jackpots during prison multiball
- completing bicycle girl

In 1.19 there were these others but haven't verified these in 1.24. At least they got harder if they are still present:
- completing all drop target features once (so 3x full drop target bank)
- 2 succesfull 1M woodbury shots

#379 8 years ago

On 1.19: You start it at the prison as soon as you are back to 1 ball after your prison multiball has ended. Really cool mode, sound and animations!

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

"Last Man Standing" is not available in 1.24... is this correct?

From the changelist:
- Added bonus score for killing all 115 zombies.
- Hooked in last man standing (light). Added HSTD for last man standing.

#400 8 years ago

Some changes needed in the next update to me:

- horde walkers should walk a little faster, I would be more stressed if they did
- make multikills a little more difficult to get (for example after 4 succesfull shots in a mode instead of 3)
- a mode running should shut off during horde (now awards and sound/animations are shown during horde)
- make popbumper animation priority lower during multiballs
- fishtank lamps needs coding
- add nr of shots needed for crossbow multiball
- add woodbury skillshots
- drop the scoring in tunnel mode (this is really too high)

the disabled stacking between well and prison is a good thing. Especially for competition play!

Another multikill found in 1.24:
blood bath superjackpot (making 3 drop target banks during bloodbath)

My record is 72 walkers killed. The display was sure piling up with zombies during bonus countdown.

#401 8 years ago

Horde intro on a pro shuts off al playfield GI. I think some playfield inserts are lit (certainly the walker kill count)

#428 8 years ago

Score balancing should indeed be tweaked

increase supers on well and prison multiball
drop tunnel at least by half
drop barn a little

it's ok for modes to score good if you play them good, but it can't be too easy compared to the rest.

#561 8 years ago

I agree that Horde should be made a little more difficult. If you play it good, you can keep it going quite long.

The higher the level the faster the walkers should approach you and the higher the rist to get bit should be.

1 week later
#611 8 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I have a question on this game.
Is the only way to start any of the modes hitting the all 3 left drop targets? I find this very hard to do especially since they reset after each ball. When I do hit them and start the mode, it seems like I just have to hit one shot over and over to complete the mode. At least maybe I could have the modes continue to the next ball maybe?
I'm not trying to pick on the game but I'm not having much fun doing this. Maybe I am too used to playing mode based pinball machines. Am I missing something? Am I playing this wrong?
Help me pinsiders!

Yes it is the only way. Just practice it. It's not that hard and it shouldn't be too easy. Modes are the way to get multikills.
Barn, Arena and Riot have the same shot.
CDC and tunnel have variation.

You can adjust some settings that would help you:
- nr of drop target banks needed for modes lit
- carry over 'modes lit' to next ball

in my opnion, default settings are good. TWD is supposed to be hard

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

That would be why I didn't get another ball. Is there a different add-a-ball for either Prison or Well Walker multiball?

a single add-a-ball, no.

#629 8 years ago

I've never had it happen on my pro (with old code and with new code)

#632 8 years ago

Removed stacking between WW and prison --> good thing! It would otherwise be a boring tourney pin. One multiball start = often second multiball start = often blood batch start is for each player a big multiball.

#635 8 years ago

Lol, I increased all my multikills to the hardest settings. 3 balls factory settings, factory outlanes.

Horde is not that difficult to achieve I think. And horde should be made more difficult (walkers to move faster) or stop at one ball play.

2 weeks later
#641 8 years ago

1.28 is great!
Love the RIOT and ARENA changes. Also great additional light effects during modes and other things.

I've now set my horde timer settings to the hardest (init 5, decrease -2, minium value 1) making the walkers advance a lot faster so you have to shoot good or get bit.

A few bugs I found (nothing major):
- making a lit tower shot during 2X playfield running does not reset the double playfield timer to 30secs (or more).
- bicycle girl can be played during horde (no animitions but you do hear the sounds and see the blue ramp light)
- when i got bit during horde, flippers died and my ball hit a drop target. This way the bit animation/sound got cut of because the game said that blood bath was lit.

#653 8 years ago

Horde Init timer: how long it takes for a walker to advance (5 is the minimum value)
Decrease: how the init timer is adjusted
Minimum value: what the miniimum value can be (1 is the minium value)

Level1: walkers advance each 5 seconds
Level2: walkers advance each 3 seconds (5-2)
Level3: walkers advance each 1 second (5-2-2)
Level4: walkers advance each 1 second (5-2-2-2 but minimum is 1)

Default values is something like 7 init, -1 decrease and minimum is 2. So these minor settings make Horde a lot easier/harder to play.

You can also set the nr of walkers that are lit at init and the maximum.
You can also set the nr of walkers needed to kill to advance a level in horde.

#667 8 years ago

Actually it doesn't mean it is really broke. Say if you keep extending riot using the drops (especially in blood bath) and build up riot to 40M and you shoot it with a 5x with 2x, you can get this kind of things. Unless of course it's a bug where the riot value keep's rising (no reset when the shot is made) or rising too fast.

2 weeks later
#689 8 years ago

One bug found:

Hit one drop target so the food, weapon or ammo is locked.
When a ball search happens, the drops rise and the food/weapons/ammo lights start cycling again.

If you then shoot 3 drops, you do not get the light awarded.

(In my case, I had 2 sets of drops complete, going for the third. After ball search I completed the 3rd set so normally blood bath would have been lit but this wasn't the case)

The other bug is that hitting a lit tower during 2x playfield does not reset the 2x playfield timer to 30 sec (or more).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 26.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 8.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidpinballwizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon?tu=davidpinballwizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.