index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

My pro fish tank light doesn't come on during gameplay but if does come on during attract mode. It is a known software issue.

Yep same here..

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I spent "more than a few months" posting my TWD experience? Exaggerate much?
And as I already explained when QuarterGrabber pointed it out to me, my original review on the LE was a mistake, as it was supposed to be for the Pro. I hadn't even played an LE/Premium when I did that review.
As for the prison magnet issue and hitting the flippers to make it pulse and not go SDTM, I can confidently say that this makes no difference on my pin. The percentage of SDTM drains seems to be the same. Got 2 SDTM drains using this method in 15 minutes of play.

Holding the flippers when the ball is released from the magnet definitely pulses the magnet on our Pro and the one I have played at CP. You still get center drains on it every once in a while, but it doesn't just drop off the magnet and go straight down the middle. It will sometimes fling it off the magnet and that is part of the randomness of pinball. It gives you the opportunity to practice your death save :O)

Maybe there is an issue with the one you are playing? You can always go into settings and turn the magnet off.

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Cheers but how do I qualify for a multi kill? Thank you.

You have to complete a mode or bicycle girl and do fairly well at it. Then it will start a multikill. There may be other ways also but this is when I notice multi kill starting.

#335 8 years ago

I don't think a lot of people understand how the Woodbury shot works. You shoot the right ramp to collect the heads then the woodbury shot lights up. You shoot woodbury then you use your right flipper to select the payoff for your skill shot. The DMD will show you the roll over that you have selected, if you select the 1 million shot you have to soft plunge so the ball just hits the first star roll over. If you manage to do that you get 1 million for the shot. If you miss the skill shot then you get minimal points.

Your skill shot points are cumulative and I have seen 4 million skill shots before. So woodbury isn't totally worthless but there is a lot more they could do with it.

#367 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sounds like it was an Extra Ball shot set to points to me. Never seen anything besides a 250k max value WB shot.

See my post above about woodbury and skill shots.

#390 8 years ago

If you look at the DMD after you make the woodbury shot it will show you what to do. You use the right flipper to change between what skill shot you want to try for and it will show you what roll over you need to hit.

Quoted from aingide:

Wow, I had no idea that you could use the flippers to change the Woodbury shot! Is there any instruction around that, or are you just supposed to know?
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that they have bigger plans for WB...there's a random callout that's something like "we have to make the right choice," which is probably supposed to be something more interesting than just points.
Really enjoying the new update. For the first time I feel like I can see the intended framework of the game shine in a cohesive way. Hopefully one of the new updates focuses on lighting polish, because it still feels like there's waaay more they can do with the RGB inserts and GI (especially on the LE).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon?tu=Ven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.