index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg
There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 8 years ago

Spoiler Alert : HORDE MODE 1.24 LE gamplay.

If you want to experience this for yourself, please do not watch this. Horde Starts at about 7:30.

This is the best example of not resorting to "restarting" after tanking ball "1 and 2 and the extra ball too" . Poetic

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

If you want to experience this for yourself, please do not watch this. Horde Starts at about 7:30.
This is the best example of not resorting to "restarting" after tanking ball "1 and 2 and the extra ball too" . Poetic
» YouTube video

How did you start bloodbath? I thought you had to collect all three items by the drop target bank?

#353 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How did you start bloodbath? I thought you had to collect all three items by the drop target bank?

Light Food, Weapon, & First Aid via the drops. You light them when you hit one of the drops when that insert is flashing. Complete all three and Blood Bath will be flashing. Complete the drops again to start Blood Bath.

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Never seen anything besides a 250k max value WB shot.

You need to keep cycling through the choices with the flippers.

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

If next code updates have video game play feature on dmd using flippers I will never sell this beauty

This should be tired to woodburry. It would be awesome if we got a mini zombie kill video mode. Could do it like Dracula, but I do not think we will ever get another video mode from Stern. They seem to not want this feature.

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Light Food, Weapon, & First Aid via the drops. You light them when you hit one of the drops when that insert is flashing. Complete all three and Blood Bath will be flashing. Complete the drops again to start Blood Bath.

I agree. However in the video he started bloodbath somehow without doing all that.

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

» YouTube video

How do you start Horde? I thought it was by starting all the modes, tunnel, arena, ww, riot and CDC. But in this video posted not all the modes were started and he still got to Horde. So how do you get to Horde then?

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

How do you start Horde? I thought it was by starting all the modes, tunnel, arena, ww, riot and CDC. But in this video posted not all the modes were started and he still got to Horde. So how do you get to Horde then?

You complete all the multi kills.

Once you have all the multi kills, you hit the woodbury shot to start Horde.

Marcus

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree. However in the video he started bloodbath somehow without doing all that.

He had a really long blood bath multiball on ball three. He properly started the mode at the 2:40ish mark.

He completed First Aid, then Food then weapon drop targets.

Marcus

#360 8 years ago
Quoted from msadan:

I have the exact same CPU and boot ROM revs and have NOT been able to update the code.

IMAG2049.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Now things have got interesting. This is weird.

#361 8 years ago

wd starting to really come together. thanks for the video, haven't had a chance to play.

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I have to say I really miss the show voices call outs after updating. They also changed the zombie on the lange change shot to a male.maybe Amc did not like the shotgun blowing off the females (zombie) head.

i just thought that was a hippy zombie

#363 8 years ago

I have a question. Does anyone know what the "adult content" which is like the first adjustment means or does?

I played it with it enabled and disabled and can't tell a difference.

Anyone?

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

Wow, never knew that's how I've gotten to horde before, thanks!

How many multi kills are there with the new code?

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I have a question. Does anyone know what the "adult content" which is like the first adjustment means or does?
Anyone?

Could delete callout, there's A F'nk Shit load of points on the ramp

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, never knew that's how I've gotten to horde before, thanks!
How many multi kills are there with the new code?

Yeah, how do you even do a multi-kill? I've been playing to beat the modes only. This might add a new dimension to my gameplay of TWD LE.

#367 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sounds like it was an Extra Ball shot set to points to me. Never seen anything besides a 250k max value WB shot.

See my post above about woodbury and skill shots.

#368 8 years ago

You get multikills by:

- x nr succesfull shots during modes
- x nr of jackpots (or super?) during well walker multiball
- x nr of jackpots during prison multiball
- completing bicycle girl

In 1.19 there were these others but haven't verified these in 1.24. At least they got harder if they are still present:
- completing all drop target features once (so 3x full drop target bank)
- 2 succesfull 1M woodbury shots

#369 8 years ago

"Last Man Standing" is not available in 1.24... is this correct?

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

"Last Man Standing" is not available with 1.24... is this correct?

I believe so but haven't tried. 110 zombies is a lot of kills.

Is Seige available and if so how do you achieve it?

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I believe so but haven't tried. 110 zombies is a lot of kills.
Is Seige available and if so how do you achieve it?

You get siege from getting 12 jackpots during prison multiball. At least that was the case in the previous code.

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I have to say I really miss the show voices call outs after updating. They also changed the zombie on the lange change shot to a male.maybe Amc did not like the shotgun blowing off the females (zombie) head.

I am in the minority, but I like the stern callouts.

Also noticed they changed the skill shot zombie, I liked the old one better also.

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

Anyone?

I have heard swear words like - "That's a Sh1t load of points"

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am in the minority, but I like the stern callouts.
Also noticed they changed the skill shot zombie, I liked the old one better also.

I like the current callouts too. I have never seen the show though. Can see how a fan might be disappointed.

#375 8 years ago

The new code update is a huge upgrade. They got rid of the most annoying aspects, and the game is much easier to follow and understand. the falling zombie bodies are a nice touch. Annoying with the code shipped with the game, but TWD is a much better game now.

#376 8 years ago
Quoted from ChiPin1978:

The new code update is a huge upgrade. They got rid of the most annoying aspects, and the game is much easier to follow and understand. the falling zombie bodies are a nice touch. Annoying with the code shipped with the game, but TWD is a much better game now.

I agree, the game is easier to understand and I don't know how come, but it feels it plays much smoother.

#377 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You get siege from getting 12 jackpots during prison multiball. At least that was the case in the previous code.

Ah...thank you. Might have to take the glass off and see what that is like.

Does it start after you hit the 12th jackpot or do you have to start prison Multiball again to start Seige?

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Ah...thank you. Might have to take the glass off and see what that is like.
Does it start after you hit the 12th jackpot or do you have to start prison Multiball again to start Seige?

I have not reached it yet, but I believe it just starts as soon as you get the 12th jackpot.

#379 8 years ago

On 1.19: You start it at the prison as soon as you are back to 1 ball after your prison multiball has ended. Really cool mode, sound and animations!

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

"Last Man Standing" is not available in 1.24... is this correct?

From the changelist:
- Added bonus score for killing all 115 zombies.
- Hooked in last man standing (light). Added HSTD for last man standing.

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

From the changelist:
- Added bonus score for killing all 115 zombies.
- Hooked in last man standing (light). Added HSTD for last man standing.

Right... so I guess do we really know what that means? Sounds like the insert light is now tied into it but is there any real code behind Last Man Standing? I.e. great, you killed 115 zombies and the light turned on, but then it's just general gameplay?

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Right... so I guess do we really know what that means? Sounds like the insert light is now tied into it but is there any real code behind Last Man Standing? I.e. great, you killed 115 zombies and the light turned on, but then it's just general gameplay?

Remember they are still promising another two updates per their Facebook post a few days ago.

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

What are "all" the multi kills? How many?

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Multikills are represented by the weapons on the playfield (hammer, knife, sword, etc). They are ready when blinking. The shots are the yellow circles. You get credit for a multikill when you hit one of the yellow circles.
What I don't get is you never seem to complete them unless your ball drains. Therefore, if you are on ball 3, it seems you can't get to horde. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: you don't have to complete the multikills, just start all 6 to light Horde.

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

All the weapon inserts right above the flippers.

#386 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Multikills are represented by the weapons on the playfield (hammer, knife, sword, etc). They are ready when blinking. The shots are the yellow circles. You get credit for a multikill when you hit one of the yellow circles.
What I don't get is you never seem to complete them unless your ball drains. Therefore, if you are on ball 3, it seems you can't get to horde. Can anyone confirm this?

you dont have to complete them .. just start them .. horde also can start during multiball

prison has changed. after super the left and right ramps light. not sure how to start siege anymore. havent been able to start it since update.

Prison Multiball status seems to carry over from Multi to Multi , at least if the super is lit ... I will have to examine my videos to know for sure.

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You do not have to complete the Multikill. You just need to collect it.

When the weapon is blinking, the shot is "alive" and completing a multi kill shot, the yellow dot, will earn you a kill with the blinking weapon. The weapon is still collected and already counts towards Horde progression.

Once your ball ends, the weapon insert light will go solid. This just means that the multi kill shots will not count towards the weapon that has a solid light. It also means that when you do earn a multi kill, it will not choose that weapon a second time.

Once the sixth and final multi kill is blinking, the Woodbury shot starts flashing for Horde start.

So you definitely can get Horde on ball three. Just get your final weapon blinking and the Horde shot should become available.

Marcus

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

You do not have to complete the Multikill. You just need to collect it.
When the weapon is blinking, the shot is "alive" and completing a multi kill shot, the yellow dot, will earn you a kill with the blinking weapon. The weapon is still collected and already counts towards Horde progression.
Once your ball ends, the weapon insert light will go solid. This just means that the multi kill shots will not count towards the weapon that has a solid light. It also means that when you do earn a multi kill, it will not choose that weapon a second time.
Once the sixth and final multi kill is blinking, the Woodbury shot starts flashing for Horde start.
So you definitely can get Horde on ball three. Just get your final weapon blinking and the Horde shot should become available.
Marcus

Thanks. That makes more sense.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You can always get a 1 Million WB shot, but you have to select it using the flippers before plunging.

Wow, I had no idea that you could use the flippers to change the Woodbury shot! Is there any instruction around that, or are you just supposed to know?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that they have bigger plans for WB...there's a random callout that's something like "we have to make the right choice," which is probably supposed to be something more interesting than just points.

Really enjoying the new update. For the first time I feel like I can see the intended framework of the game shine in a cohesive way. Hopefully one of the new updates focuses on lighting polish, because it still feels like there's waaay more they can do with the RGB inserts and GI (especially on the LE).

#390 8 years ago

If you look at the DMD after you make the woodbury shot it will show you what to do. You use the right flipper to change between what skill shot you want to try for and it will show you what roll over you need to hit.

Quoted from aingide:

Wow, I had no idea that you could use the flippers to change the Woodbury shot! Is there any instruction around that, or are you just supposed to know?
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that they have bigger plans for WB...there's a random callout that's something like "we have to make the right choice," which is probably supposed to be something more interesting than just points.
Really enjoying the new update. For the first time I feel like I can see the intended framework of the game shine in a cohesive way. Hopefully one of the new updates focuses on lighting polish, because it still feels like there's waaay more they can do with the RGB inserts and GI (especially on the LE).

#391 8 years ago

Well all in all I have to tip my hat to the programmers at Stern for releasing a solid update to a much needed game. Thanks.

STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpgSTERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg

#392 8 years ago

Man, this pin really can take off and get the blood pumping when you stack modes with multiballs and then starting hitting combos. I have no idea exactly what I had stacked, but during Prison MB I was seeing huge scores popping up on the screen for every combo I was hitting. Points racked up very quickly. Doubled my prior GC score. What a rush!

IMG_0790.JPGIMG_0790.JPG
#393 8 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Update failed on the LE with known good USB stick. Was successful in another machine. #WAITING

Has everyone worked out their issues with the code update?

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

According to the other thread, no.

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Man, this pin really can take off and get the blood pumping when you stack modes with multiballs and then starting hitting combos. I have no idea exactly what I had stacked, but during Prison MB I was seeing huge scores popping up on the screen for every combo I was hitting. Points racked up very quickly. Doubled my prior GC score. What a rush!

IMG_0790.JPG

Great score!! The stacking on this game is awesome. Last night I got prison, blood bath, and the barn going together. Got 89million on bloodbath, 47 million on prison, and 59 million barn. I ended up scoring close to 350 million on that one ball. First 2 balls and the extra ball only gave me about 17 million. I had horde lit right when I finished the barn but could not hit Woodberry to save my life. TWD, Metallica, WH20, and CFTBL all have huge one ball scoring potential, I think that is why I like all 4 so much. If they get everything polished on the next few updates TWD could really end up being a top game. It's a straight up adrenaline rush.

#396 8 years ago

I have to say. I am climbing the walls to get out of work and play some TWD tonight.

#397 8 years ago

I saw from the video of Horde posted that it takes advantage of the multi-coloured GI on,the LE/Premium. It turns all the cool white LEDs off and strobes only the red ones, that is pretty cool. What does Horde look like on a Pro? Has a Pro owner made it to Horde? What does it look like? Can Someone post a video of Horde on a Pro? Thanks.

#398 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

No. Working with Stern to try to fix it. They are sending out a known working CPU for us to try to see if that helps.

#399 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I saw from the video of Horde posted that it takes advantage of the multi-coloured GI on,the LE/Premium. It turns all the cool white LEDs off and stores only the red ones, that is pretty cool. What does Horde look like on a Pro? Has a Pro owner made it to Horde? What does it look like? Can a Pro owner post a video of Horde on a Pro? Thanks.

I've made it to Horde on a local routed Pro. It has the same intro animations, but as for lighting, I don't remember anything special about it during the mode.

#400 8 years ago

Some changes needed in the next update to me:

- horde walkers should walk a little faster, I would be more stressed if they did
- make multikills a little more difficult to get (for example after 4 succesfull shots in a mode instead of 3)
- a mode running should shut off during horde (now awards and sound/animations are shown during horde)
- make popbumper animation priority lower during multiballs
- fishtank lamps needs coding
- add nr of shots needed for crossbow multiball
- add woodbury skillshots
- drop the scoring in tunnel mode (this is really too high)

the disabled stacking between well and prison is a good thing. Especially for competition play!

Another multikill found in 1.24:
blood bath superjackpot (making 3 drop target banks during bloodbath)

My record is 72 walkers killed. The display was sure piling up with zombies during bonus countdown.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.