index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg
There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.
#301 8 years ago

What does Sdtm mean? Anybody? Little help.

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Straight down the middle

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Straight down the middle

EDIT- PinB beat me by 50 seconds.

#304 8 years ago

Here ya go... google is your friend.

SDTM (Study Data Tabulation Model) defines a standard structure for human clinical trial (study) data tabulations and for nonclinical study data tabulations that are to be submitted as part of a product application to a regulatory authority such as the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

#305 8 years ago

Update failed on the LE with known good USB stick. Was successful in another machine. #WAITING

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

...there was some kind of extremely fast red strobe effect over the entire playfield and it looked like the balls were stutter skipping as they rolled around.

I think I know why this appears this way with dimly lit surroundings. When only the red LED playfield lights are on in that mode, it's their reflections on the balls that creates that weird effect. Like removing every other frame from a video recording and then watching it. It almost makes me go cross eyed trying to follow multiple moving balls this way but it does add something to the Horde experience - a strenuously arduous involvement.

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

They've been saying this for months now! Funny that Stern posted almost as the same time as I did this morning! Why don't they post an actual code update timeline and stick to it? Saying you are working on code just seems overly open ended. It's like saying "I'm going to retire"...eventually that will come true.
They should say. Code update coming in May...and stick to the damn timeline.
wheres-the-code-stern-pinball-broken-record.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Easy to be critical of coders sitting back typing on a keyboard whining for them to hurry up.

@wheresthepositivity

#308 8 years ago

I loaned out my USB with update to my local op and he updated it and it failed with his attempts.
The same code that worked in my game does not in another LE.
I think it's narrowed down to a hardware conflicting issue maybe a different vendor in a rom or boot rom, not sure ?

I've alerted Gomez and Lyman about it, they will take care of it ASAP and figure things out. Things happen. It will get resolved .

#309 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I loaned out my USB with update to my local op and he updated it and it failed with his attempts.
I think it's narrowed down to a hardware conflicting issue maybe a different vendor in a rom or boot rom, not sure ?
I've alerted Gomez and Lyman about it, they will take care of it ASAP and figure things out. Things happen. It will get resolved .

Do you think the same cause of these issues is also the cause of the resets? Or are we dealing with two separate issues potentially?

#310 8 years ago

ok, its still "new" of course, but for those having played this last code, are you happy with it ?
did the pin is now reaching a superior level, or lots of things are still to be improved ?
and more personal, is it as good as MET ? (which is for me the best and more "complete" STERN at the moment)

tanx

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Well I guess you should have shelled out the extra dough for the Premium then. No sense complaining now. But they will sell Premiums to anyone so you could always sell your Pro and pick up a Premium

As stated in the original comment, I don't have a pro, but I likely won't ever have either at this rate honestly.

I understand why they don't put the bombs in the pro because it's a competition machine, and it shortens ball times.

But truthfully the Premium/LE is less desireable to me. I hate the cannon and the bicycle girl ramp bash toy. If they were worth/coded the same I'd still want the pro.

It's like XmenLE now, there was one for sale nearby for $4k, and a pro for $3600. I think gun to my head if I had to buy one I would have bought the pro.

Like I said, I've been playing it for months through each code iteration in anticipation for the big keystone code update, and this just wasn't it. I'm not trying to bum anyone out, if anything it bums me out, but it's just got a long way to go before I think about buying it.

Having featureless features is inexcusable, but having permanent placeholders isn't much better. I absolutely hate my job, so if you're going to make me suffer through 160 hours of hell to buy a machine, I'm sorry, but I have to be sure it's worth it.

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, its still "new" of course, but for those having played this last code, are you happy with it ?
did the pin is now reaching a superior level, or lots of things are still to be improved ?
and more personal, is it as good as MET ? (which is for me the best and more "complete" STERN at the moment)
tanx

There is still work to be done. MET is the most complete package that they offer at the moment. That and Star Trek!

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx

The game has been greatly improved but it still has a way to go. I wouldn't compare it to met or any other fully coded game just yet. I do think it can be as good as anything out there. Stern says two more updates. Maybe one more adding a few things, lighting effects, ect... and a final to smooth out any bugs.

I have about 50 games on the new code fwiw. I am really enjoying it.

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

The game has been greatly improved but it still has a way to go. I wouldn't compare it to met or any other fully coded game just yet. I do think it can be as good as anything out there. Stern says two more updates. Maybe one more adding a few things, lighting effects, ect... and a final to smooth out any bugs.
I have about 50 games on the new code fwiw. I am really enjoying it.

I haven't played a LE/Prem but I own a pro. Here's my thoughts on the update:

Good
-Game IMHO is a lot better and more fun to play.
-Magnet pulse seems better on the Prison Magnet
-multikills mean a lot - big points, work towards Horde
-Horde is Awesome. Zombies walking towards you - hit the shots to fight them off. Everything about it is awesome.
-x doubler in inlane when lit works better - now doubles on bicycle girl
- Bonus DMD animation very cool when the zombie kills stack up by bodies falling into piles.

Needs Improvement:
- Prison Multiball - when the doors on the prison open and the zombie head inside needs to be hit, the prison needs to flash. It is the only shoot to hit and the prison should flash to show a novice player to hit the zombie head for the double jackpot.
-DMD background for some scoring areas missing (text only) - can tell they are improving on this from last update
-Add a ball for Prison/ WW Multiball - You can add balls to Blood Bath. I would like to see Prison and WW also have the feature. Maybe make it so you have to hit the Woodbury shot to add for those
-Topper - more lighting effects

Needs Major Improvement
-Fish Tank/Zombie Heads - the Fish Tank light doesn't work in gameplay. I hope they have something planned for this. Bicycle girl is fun to hit the ramp to score points. Besides Crossbow, no reason to hit the right ramp. Would be fun if they turned the zombie heads into another MB. Collect a Zombie head locks a ball and use the Multiball to collect more heads. Hope they make the Fish Tank/Zombie Head a big part of the game - just seems nonexistent on the pro and from what I have seen not very exciting on the LE.
-Woodbury Shot - just not utilized well. Need to be able to go for some features like originally coded early on. Not worth the points.

#315 8 years ago

The fish tank heads always seemed like a natural ball lock. Would love to see it turn into a MB.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The fish tank heads always seemed like a natural ball lock. Would love to see it turn into a MB.

Yeah I agree! Especially with the paltry tens of thousands they award for each one, I always assumed they would offer something else other than just points. Is anyone going to really risk a right ramp shot for 15,000 points? What is that an equivalent point value to, a pop bumper hit?

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Me too. Three heads, Three ball locks. Seems like a no brainier to me.

#318 8 years ago

Fishtank MB could be Governor related. ie: Woodbury battle.

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Fishtank MB could be Governor related. ie: Woodbury battle.

Would be a cool usage of the woodbury shot in addition to extra ball / skillshot. Prime the ball lock with a fishtank shot, and then "lock" the ball with a Woodbury shot.

#320 8 years ago

tanx guys

#321 8 years ago

The Woodbury skill shot needs some help. It's just not worth hitting - the rewards aren't great. Hope this gets worked on.

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Still no luck with my Premium after trying three different USBs. Tried formatting the USBs several different ways, tried downloading the code on a different computer, also tried swapping the boot ROM from a different game, nothing. Every time it acts like the upgrade has completed successfully but upon reset I just get the repeating "pop pop" from the speakers. No problem when loading the prior code, so at this point I guess I'll just wait until Stern figures it out.

#323 8 years ago

Thinking it's a hardware confliction or a changeover in suppliers of electronics ?
I have rev.A CPU and my game is working perfectly with the code update.
Curious of other owners what you have that's working or not working.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#324 8 years ago

I agree with Tom's post and the other comments following it.

This was a really nice update...but I am very happy to hear that they are planning at least two more updates after this, because there is still plenty of room for improvement. Woodbury shot is a joke, for example.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Woodbury shot is a joke, for example.

I'm not sure it's the joke everyone thinks it is.

I scored 2.5 million points on the woodbury shot today. That is pretty good IMHO.

That did not include the skill shot. It was just the points for hitting the spinner/shot.

Marcus

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Thinking it's a hardware confliction or a changeover in suppliers of electronics ?

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Rev A working no resets. My Boot rom was replaced (unrelated issue)

#327 8 years ago

So far I've been really impressed with the update. What is triggering the mode starts? Seems like it times up with the drop bank for weapons? Once you hear the call out you can start whatever shot you make next. I find myseld only going for tunnel. I made it hord for the first time a few minutes ago, pretty cool looking wizard mode. I didn't last long. This was by far my best game. I assume the weapons are completed by hitting the yellowish green inserts when flashing? Tunnel is crazy high scoring compared to the other modes. Granted it is the hardest shot in the game, but if you can time it with 2x you get 12 million per shot. The game is so much better, thanks for the big update stern!!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I scored 2.5 million points on the woodbury shot today. That is pretty good IMHO.
That did not include the skill shot. It was just the points for hitting the spinner/shot.
Marcus

Really? I need to keep playing then. How do you qualify it for that many points? All I ever see is 250k for the skill shot

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

Right ramp to X to spinner can yield plenty of points , but as Rob says , the Woodbury awards (which i am sure are coming) are not very fun right now.

EDIT Left spinner and unsuccessful right spinners (not making it into the shooter lane) increase the spinner jackpot value . Look at the DMD when shooting right spinner.

Anybody noticing more than 2 add-a-balls via blood Bath. I can swear i got 3 (one for a super jackpot. I will have a video up soon that is a decent gameplay video for this code with a nice Horde Spoiler. No more Autofocus!

From README:

- Target bank adds more time to the BARN/CDC/RIOT/TUNNEL/ARENA modes.
Added a setting to clear woodbury lit count at ball start. Added new
woodbury skill shot awards.

Wonder what awards were added. I am not seeing anything different from 1.19.

possible bugs:

Horde Insert is not lighting when Horde mode is lit.
Prison Flashes after multiball for seemingly no reason.
BG ramp traps ball after a crossbow shot (that doesn't register but ball is under ramp)

Please decrease pop bumper animations during horde. We've seen enough of those throughout the game.lol

Thanks Lyman and Co. for the update. It has added much value to the game.

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really? I need to keep playing then. How do you qualify it for that many points? All I ever see is 250k for the skill shot

I haven't gotten that much either. I'm getting pretty good at getting the 1 million from the pick list on the woodbury plung.

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I was in 2x (from Tower) and I may have hit it with the "X" multiplier shot.

I'm going to have to play around some more to figure out what I did.

But I do know that I was in single ball outside of a normal mode.

Marcus

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You can cycle with flipper button to get 1 million on the first rollover via the shooter.

I believe he is referring to the spinner in front of the Woodbury shot.

I was referring to the four shill shots via the shooter ( which I know you are aware of).

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So far I've been really impressed with the update. What is triggering the mode starts? Seems like it times up with the drop bank for weapons? Once you hear the call out you can star whatever shot you make next. I find myseld only going for tunnel. I made it hord for the first time a few minutes ago, pretty cool looking wizard mode. I didn't last long. This was by far my best game. I assume the weapons are completed by hitting the yellowish green inserts when flashing? Tunnel is crazy high scoring compared to the other modes. Granted it is the hardest shot in the game, but if you can time it with 2x you get 12 million per shot. The game is so much better, thanks for the big update stern!!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Finish drop targets once to start first mode. Hit shot to start that specific mode. After that, finish drop targets 2 times to start another mode. Doesn't matter what is lit (Food, Weapons, First Aid) at the time as they all get the modes (now called "Dead Features") ready to start.

Finishing the drops when "Weapons" is lit lights the crossbow (right ramp).

Finishing the drops when "First Aid" or "Food" is lit adds bonus points to prison or WW modes.

Also, on the LE if you have started WW mode (i.e. hit him 5 times), if you subsequently complete the drops with "Food" lit, you get a WW smart bomb (the Fire button will light green and pressing the fire button will give you one WW hit). If you start the prison mode (get the arrows lit blue) and subsequently complete the drops with "First Aid" lit, you get a prison smart bomb. Fire button lights blue and pressing it gives you a prison / arrow hit. These can be stacked (to get multiple bombs). Very helpful to have one or two, drain and ball, and get the last few hits in for prison to start the multiball and save that ball. Completing Weapons while in Hoard mode gives you a Horde bomb I believe. Fire button lights red.

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just in case you missed it in my long post:

Right ramp to X to spinner can yield plenty of points with 2x running

Left spinner and unsuccessful right spinners (not making it into the shooter lane) increase the spinner jackpot value . Look at the DMD when shooting left spinner. After a long multiball is the best time to collect this.

#335 8 years ago

I don't think a lot of people understand how the Woodbury shot works. You shoot the right ramp to collect the heads then the woodbury shot lights up. You shoot woodbury then you use your right flipper to select the payoff for your skill shot. The DMD will show you the roll over that you have selected, if you select the 1 million shot you have to soft plunge so the ball just hits the first star roll over. If you manage to do that you get 1 million for the shot. If you miss the skill shot then you get minimal points.

Your skill shot points are cumulative and I have seen 4 million skill shots before. So woodbury isn't totally worthless but there is a lot more they could do with it.

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Also, on the LE if you have started WW mode (i.e. hit him 5 times), if you subsequently complete the drops with "Food" lit, you get a WW smart bomb (the Fire button will light green and pressing the fire button will give you one WW hit). If you start the prison mode (get the arrows lit blue) and subsequently complete the drops with "First Aid" lit, you get a prison smart bomb. Fire button lights blue and pressing it gives you a prison / arrow hit. These can be stacked (to get multiple bombs). Very helpful to have one or two, drain and ball, and get the last few hits in for prison to start the multiball and save that ball. Completing Weapons while in Hoard mode gives you a Horde bomb I believe. Fire button lights red.

Thanks, was just playing, 3rd ball was draining and noticed the fire button was blinking so i hit it at the last second and it gave me WW Multiball, triggering a ball save!

This is a big feature over the Pro.

#337 8 years ago

Thanks for all the info. Very helpful.

#338 8 years ago

Does the crossbow feature do anything more or is it still worthless?

Excited about the fire button features.

#339 8 years ago

Nothing new from what I can tell.

They changed the number of successful CB shots to start CB MB. Also changed the animations to zombies from animals. And they changed the ramp on the LE to be up in CB mode to make the left ramp / BG shot easier.

But no additional ways to load / shoot the CB from what I can tell.

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm pretty sure Lyman is going to make it easier to start Crossbow multiball, but I'm not sure if all the changes are in this version. BG ramp goes up, so that shot is easier. I think crossbow get's lit more often too.

#341 8 years ago

Crossbow gets lit exactly the same in 1.24 as 1.19.

Complete drop target bank when "Weapons" is lit. You can stack these (e.g. complete drops when "weapons" lit, do that again, then you hit right ramp to load CB - shoot it, and your next shot to right ramp will reload CB).

#342 8 years ago

Thinking hard about pulling the trigger on this one tomorrow.One question for those more informed.What are the chances that at least some of the "callouts" or voices from the show are implemented either via code or in the way of private party.That would make a huge difference to me.

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

Sounds like it was an Extra Ball shot set to points to me. Never seen anything besides a 250k max value WB shot.

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Thinking hard about pulling the trigger on this one tomorrow.One question for those more informed.What are the chances that at least some of the "callouts" or voices from the show are implemented either via code or in the way of private party.That would make a huge difference to me.

Via Official Stern Code -- 0% (as of today 5/25/15)

Via private Pinball Browser code - 100% (If one doesn't happen by end of June, I'll create my own and offer it to anyone that would like it)

Marcus

#345 8 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Someone has already added show voices via pinball browser. The same file will work with any new version of code, it just needs to be "adjusted". Which will definitely happen - so no need to worry about it. If we're REALLY LUCKY, Stern will work out the licensing and add the show voices - but that may not happen. Either way, you're still good.

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sounds like it was an Extra Ball shot set to points to me. Never seen anything besides a 250k max value WB shot.

Nope. Game is awarding extra balls right now. It was most likely a right ramp=>x=>Woodbury shot.

The points come from the spinners.

I'll try to get a video of it tonight.

Marcus

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You can always get a 1 Million WB shot, but you have to select it using the flippers before plunging.

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think it is coded the same but it does seem to come out a lot more. I think it is due to the modes actually being important now. Before all I ever worried about was starting multiball. Now I actively focus on completing the drops to start the modes and get to bloodbath which results in lighting crossbow pretty much every game and sometimes several times per game.

#349 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I have the exact same CPU and boot ROM revs and have NOT been able to update the code.

IMAG2049.jpgIMAG2049.jpg
#350 8 years ago

I have to say I really miss the show voices call outs after updating. They also changed the zombie on the lange change shot to a male.maybe Amc did not like the shotgun blowing off the females (zombie) head.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.00
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.