index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg
There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
#251 8 years ago

Can anybody comment on crossbow MB still being nearly impossible to start on an LE machine due to one of the shots being too hard to hit (I think its the Woodbury shot). Don't own a machine just recall somebody said they started it 1 time in their lives due to the design of the crossbow not being able to ever hit that shot (and No Im not talking about bicycle girl ramp which has now been fixed).

#252 8 years ago

There will be modified roms soon floating around that inject the actor voices into the game. I was using a modified v1.19 on my pro that was fantastic. Please PM me if it's out already

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

So.....they removed the ability to stack Well and Prison? Really?
What does the well walker do in Prison multiball now that it didn't before, and vice versa, since they removed the primary function of those toys from the opposing multiball?
*Edit* Oh, and total LULZ at the "had to remove stuff due to AMC"....they approved it the first time but now it's not acceptable?

WW hit in prison just count towards WW without starting it. I started a WW MB immediately after prison since I qualified it with prison MB. Now in WW MB, Well walker has jackpots light up at shots where before it was so many switch hits. The ball saver for Well Walker is WAY shorter than it was before too.

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I played Rob's TWD Premium last week. Lots of fun. No BS drains from the pop bumpers. Custom callouts. It's a beautiful machine, too.
Nice to see the latest code drop. Hopefully the prison magnet pulse tweak that the_one alluded to above is real. That was the only problem that I noticed, but that should be easily solved via software tweaks, and hopefully this latest code drop has already addressed it.

Sadly I am pretty sure that the prison magnet SDTM issue has not been resolved with this update. Still getting SDTM drains and there doesn't seem to be a difference in the way the magnet is pulsed when it releases the ball. I'm probably getting SDTM drains from the magnet about 20% of the time? I know it was more than that when we played, but it's normally not that bad.

#255 8 years ago

- Added a HSTD for the most walkers killed.

I had been wondering why that wasn't in there. Also reading through these comments, it seems that the unexplained reset problem exists with Premium and LE models? I haven't updated my code yet... I hope to get to that tomorrow or Monday.

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sadly I am pretty sure that the prison magnet SDTM issue has not been resolved with this update. Still getting SDTM drains and there doesn't seem to be a difference in the way the magnet is pulsed when it releases the ball. I'm probably getting SDTM drains from the magnet about 20% of the time? I know it was more than that when we played, but it's normally not that bad.

It seems if I hit the flippers while the animation goes it pulses and throws it to the side = no drain

If I wait and let it release, it drains.

I have a pro thought so coding maybe different.

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It seems if I hit the flippers while the animation goes it pulses and throws it to the side = no drain
If I wait and let it release, it drains.
I have a pro thought so coding maybe different.

Thanks Tom, I will give that a try.

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks Tom, I will give that a try.

Do it right when the zombie gets his head blown off in the animation.

#259 8 years ago

And this magnet pulse flipper feature has been known to the community for months now.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

And this magnet pulse flipper feature has been known to the community for months now.

Rob has only had the game for a few weeks.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yes, though before that, he spent more than a few months posting his TWD pin experience here, including playing the game, slamming it, called it the walking dud, belittling LE owners who reported no pop drains, putting up a bogus LE review, etc. I'd have thought the noted positive game play feedback tip wrt this would be easily known if reasonably following the pin, especially so since it also was put up in response to previous specific posts and complaints of prison magnet STDMs.

I guess I'm a little frustrated with some of the rehash. lol. I'm hoping RobT's (and other's) view of the pin continues to improve. But if not, to each their own.

#262 8 years ago

double post

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Yes, though before that, he spent more than a few months posting his TWD pin experience here, including playing the game, slamming it, called it the walking dud, belittling LE owners who reported no pop drains, putting up a bogus LE review, etc. I'd have thought the noted positive game play feedback tip wrt this would be easily known if reasonably following the pin, especially so since it also was put up in response to previous specific posts and complaints of prison magnet STDMs.

#264 8 years ago

RE: above

Quoted from Razorbak86:

I played Rob's TWD Premium last week....

LOL. I'm not surprised at your comments.

FWIW, I specifically explained the prison magnet STDM pulsing fix two months ago in a post that literally referenced you in it before that description. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-frustration-thread#post-2267294 That thread is also rife with your downvotes of my previous posts including TWD STDMs associated with levelling considerations which have now been generally acknowledged and accepted by the community.

RobT did eventually play enough TWD pins to improve his impressions on it, to find and acknowledge the LE/Prem doesn't have a big pop drain issue (I'll leave Pro discussion to others), and to acknowledge and address the LE review. Anyway, I'd rather not rehash and think it is best to move the thread on. Hopefully RobT and you can be more happy with the TWD play with the pulse tip.

#265 8 years ago

I'm trying to work out how these insets work? How do you get them blinking then how do I get them solidly lit? Thanks.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#266 8 years ago

I have magnet pulse from the prison magnet, even if I do not hit both flippers to abort the animation.

You get a multikill insert blinking if you qualify for one. It keeps blinking for the remaining of the ball.
Once you move on to your next ball they get solidly lit.

For those wondering that watched the horde mode. Got back to horde today and yes the 'helicopter dropping bombs' animation is used in the pro too. (I first thought this was linked to zombie bombs on premium/le's only).

What I like the most from this update:
- barn mode update
- multi kill light animation
- bonus count animation and lightshow (and it shows the lights from the zombies in the order you killed)
- horde update off course
- fact that multikills are harder to get then before but are worth more

#267 8 years ago

Here is my DMD and sound-focused video of the new code (plus enhancement). No Horde or Siege.

DMD shown , no gameplay.

#268 8 years ago

Did the new code make use of the red and white GI? Like in blood bath I always thought the game should turn all red for that mode.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I have magnet pulse from the prison magnet, even if I do not hit both flippers to abort the animation.
You get a multikill insert blinking if you qualify for one. It keeps blinking for the remaining of the ball.
Once you move on to your next ball they get solidly lit.
For those wondering that watched the horde mode. Got back to horde today and yes the 'helicopter dropping bombs' animation is used in the pro too. (I first thought this was linked to zombie bombs on premium/le's only).
What I like the most from this update:
- barn mode update
- multi kill light animation
- bonus count animation and lightshow (and it shows the lights from the zombies in the order you killed)
- horde update off course
- fact that multikills are harder to get then before but are worth more

Cheers but how do I qualify for a multi kill? Thank you.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I guess I'm a little frustrated with some of the rehash. lol. I'm hoping RobT's (and other's) view of the pin continues to improve. But if not, to each there own.

I spent "more than a few months" posting my TWD experience? Exaggerate much?

And as I already explained when QuarterGrabber pointed it out to me, my original review on the LE was a mistake, as it was supposed to be for the Pro. I hadn't even played an LE/Premium when I did that review.

As for the prison magnet issue and hitting the flippers to make it pulse and not go SDTM, I can confidently say that this makes no difference on my pin. The percentage of SDTM drains seems to be the same. Got 2 SDTM drains using this method in 15 minutes of play.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And as I already explained when QuarterGrabber pointed it out to me, my original review on the LE was a mistake, as it was supposed to be for the Pro. I hadn't even played an LE/Premium when I did that review.
As for the prison magnet issue and hitting the flippers to make it pulse and not go SDTM, I can confidently say that this makes no difference on my pin. The percentage of SDTM drains seems to be the same. Got 2 SDTM drains using this method in 15 minutes of play.

Holding the flippers when the ball is released from the magnet definitely pulses the magnet on our Pro and the one I have played at CP. You still get center drains on it every once in a while, but it doesn't just drop off the magnet and go straight down the middle. It will sometimes fling it off the magnet and that is part of the randomness of pinball. It gives you the opportunity to practice your death save :O)

Maybe there is an issue with the one you are playing? You can always go into settings and turn the magnet off.

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Cheers but how do I qualify for a multi kill? Thank you.

You have to complete a mode or bicycle girl and do fairly well at it. Then it will start a multikill. There may be other ways also but this is when I notice multi kill starting.

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

LOL. No I don't, but you seem to. Here's one of many posts describing it from you in this case from over five months ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-is-addictive#post-2066101
That's a heck of a lot longer than

Quoted from TomGWI:

'
'
'
'
'

Quoted from RobT:

Yes, I was aware and already acknowledged that from you in my earlier post. Setting it straight was nice to see.

Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from Ven:

Holding the flippers when the ball is released from the magnet definitely pulses the magnet on our Pro and the one I have played at CP. You still get center drains on it every once in a while, but it doesn't just drop off the magnet and go straight down the middle. It will sometimes fling it off the magnet and that is part of the randomness of pinball. It gives you the opportunity to practice your death save :O)
Maybe there is an issue with the one you are playing? You can always go into settings and turn the magnet off.

I agree with Ven. It does that too on my LE. The pulsing prevents a straight soft release down the middle, but there is also the randomness of the pulse, and it is part of the randomness of pinball overall. An STDM can still happen this way, but much more rarely than laying off the flippers and just letting the magnet do a soft release.

#274 8 years ago

I have no idea what your point is? You don't even make sense. I posted a review of the pro that I played on location several months ago. That equates to me "spending more than a few months" posting my experience? WTF?

Even looking at the post that you link to, I still stand behind pretty much everything that I wrote as pertains to the pro that I played. I am not as bothered by the ball being in the pops as I was back then though.

#275 8 years ago

I say we get a kiddie pool, fill it with jello, you two get in, and you guys go at it for 30 seconds winner gets bragging rights and loser.......well, you lost in pool of jello, thats punishment enough. CANT WE JUST ALL GET ALONG!

6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8.jpg6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8.jpg
#276 8 years ago

What an improvement. Will update mine this week!

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have no idea what your point is? You don't even make sense. I posted a review of the pro that I played on location several months ago. That equates to me "spending more than a few months" posting my experience? WTF?
Even looking at the post that you link to, I still stand behind pretty much everything that I wrote as pertains to the pro that I played. I am not as bothered by the ball being in the pops as I was back then though.

It was the first post of much feedback you gave and continued to give on that thread for TWD play. Easy to find and read. And you posted similar feedback over the months on other threads as well (e.g., TWD frustration thread).

Nice deflection with a side attack. If you don't get the point, there is no need to for me to belabour it. I was all for moving on as noted in my previous posts.

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It was the first post of much feedback you gave and continued to give on that thread for TWD play. Easy to find and read. And you posted similar feedback over the months on other threads as well (e.g., TWD frustration thread).
Nice deflection with a side attack. If you don't get the point, there is no need to for me to belabour it. I was all for moving on as noted in my previous posts.

So back on the code topic. You think the update is awesome too, rad!

#279 8 years ago

I unfortunately haven't had a chance to try it yet; I was planning on updating it shortly. I'm definitely interested in hearing people's experience with the new code as they get more time on it and it's why I'm on the thread.

Personally, I'd expect the horde option to be hard for me to get to, so some of these updates I won't get much experience on for a while and I wonder how much of a difference I'll find.

I haven't seen much detailed direct talk or comparisons yet on the update. v1.19 was definitely a big upgrade imo.

#280 8 years ago

Honestly?

As of right now, I liked the previous iteration a little bit more.

The bodies stacking at the bonus count is neat, but the lack of multiballs stacking in the gameplay pretty much kills it for me, and I've truly been touting this thing since the last code update. It's been one of my favorite games!

It's a bummer now because when Blood Bath gets started, it's a race to hit the drops again. But the balls spend so much time in the pops! So if you get a couple bad feeds and burn your ball save, your opportunity to add a ball gets blown, and then you're pretty much in jail ending Blood Bath with only a 2 ball multiball. 7 sets of drops to start it again? Forget it. Restart.

The game was a bit of a grind to get going before, but the explosive stacking made it great. I saw so many people go from "meh" to "AWESOME" after stacking prison, a mode, well walker and blood bath. Now it's pretty difficult to gain any traction.

Also, why is there not a series of actually useful things in Woodbury? Why not make it a mystery where you can plunge your reward (extra ball, 5 walker kills, bonus multiplier, points, light multikill, etc., Mustang makes good use of something like this with the upper ramp after completing a mode).

And I wish Well Walker was less ambiguous as well. To initiate the "mode" you spell it. To start it there's a small digit on the DMD signifying how many hits are left. Is there a reason the inserts aren't used more clearly to signify how many hits until the MB starts?

I was waiting for the code update to come before dropping the cash on this. Now I feel like I might step back altogether. I'm hoping there will be another update that makes better use of the Woodbury and Fish Tank ramp. I'm still holding out hope, but I might settle for an Iron Man in the meantime.

#281 8 years ago

New code is great...More interaction with crossbow, better scoring, more graphics, etc....Can't wait for the the other 2 updates in the future...Game a true winner!

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

New code is great...More interaction with crossbow, better scoring, more graphics, etc....Can't wait for the the other 2 updates in the future...Game a true winner!

I haven't experienced more interaction with the crossbow. What are you referring to?

#283 8 years ago

All Lyman and all phenomenal !

Thank you ! Game is a blast !

#284 8 years ago

We need a virtual kick-back in the left outlane. Can make it as tough as you like to light it.

#285 8 years ago

If next code updates have video game play feature on dmd using flippers I will never sell this beauty

#286 8 years ago

Just put up my best yet 269mil w 50 kills. Did not even make horde this time. I missed the stacking at first but don't really mind it as much now. I can start barn right after walker and really keep it going. This game is tough but once you can get it going look out. Kind of like Dracula in that respect.

As far as drain complains go, you gotta nudge. If your not a nudger twd may not be your game. Keep the tilt liberal and this game rocks.

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Just put up my best yet 269k

Woof. Twd must really beat u up. The skill shot is more than that. I kid I kid.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Woof. Twd must really beat u up. The skill shot is more than that. I kid I kid.

heh fixed that. Doh!

#289 8 years ago

SDtm drains are a function of "pinside posting karma". I can't recall ever losing a ball this way. Now, hitting that damn head behind the magnet, that's a different story

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Honestly?
As of right now, I liked the previous iteration a little bit more.
The bodies stacking at the bonus count is neat, but the lack of multiballs stacking in the gameplay pretty much kills it for me, and I've truly been touting this thing since the last code update. It's been one of my favorite games!

There is still stacking of multiballs, just not Well Walker and Prison. Lyman is adjusting the scoring opportunities so it's not imbalanced - which makes for a better game. It was too easy to just stack Prison and WW - so that's what everyone would always do -> ultimately becoming too repetitive.
Also, this is not a final update. They wanted to release a version for Memorial Day weekend, and this is where they are at right now. There's a lot of new stuff, and it's a great update!

#291 8 years ago

I just stacked blood bath with barn multi. Went crazy, scored 200 mil on that alone. 330mil new best. I cant stop playing. I had not turned this on in months either. They can still add a lot but any doubts I had about buying early are gone. (I still wont be buying any more uncoded games)

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I haven't experienced more interaction with the crossbow. What are you referring to?

I had crossbow lit three times in one short game....with the older code it would take forever to light it.
Also, during one mode, you could restart it, kinda odd, don't remember which mode it was, will have to play a lot more to simulate it again.

#293 8 years ago

I installed the new code on my LE this morning and had no issues. I played all day with the default settings and a loose tilt and love it. I will never go back to the old code, period. I had the game of my life and reached 700,000,000 on ball one, I kept getting "extra ball."

TWD was my first pin and the only pin I own. Bought it as a novelty having never played a pinball machine before in my life. Can't say I really know what I'm doing rules wise but I can hit shots that I think I'm supposed to hit. I absolutely adore this pin and will never part with it. I'm sure as people explore this new code the rave reviews will come in.

I got into Horde mode once. WOW! The lights and music change the entire atmosphere of the experience. I got to drop a zombie bomb! I've never seen Siege mode but I will say this now... I live for Horde Mode!!!

Muahahah!.jpgMuahahah!.jpg
NewCodeRocks.jpgNewCodeRocks.jpg

Thank you Mr. Lyman - Wicked update!

#294 8 years ago

well shit at 900 million you must be doing something right.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

There is still stacking of multiballs, just not Well Walker and Prison. Lyman is adjusting the scoring opportunities so it's not imbalanced - which makes for a better game. It was too easy to just stack Prison and WW - so that's what everyone would always do -> ultimately becoming too repetitive.
Also, this is not a final update. They wanted to release a version for Memorial Day weekend, and this is where they are at right now. There's a lot of new stuff, and it's a great update!

That's good news.

I don't like that the prem/LE has a bomb feature that the pro doesn't though either. Im not sure how they could code that into the pro though without a fire button.

I liked that prison > ww stacked but not vice versa. I felt that way you still had the option to either play one at a time (starting well walker first) or stacking prison with well walker (starting prison first). Now the options have been reduced from 2 to 1. You can only play them individually regardless of which one you start first. I don't understand how that provides more strategic options. There are less permutations.

Before you could do:
Ww
Prison
Blood Bath
Prison + Ww
Ww + blood bath
Prison + blood bath
Prison + blood bath + Ww
Blood bath + ww
Blood bath + Prison
Blood bath + Prison + Ww

Now:
Prison
Ww
Blood Bath
Prison + blood bath
Ww + blood bath
Blood bath + prison
Blood bath + Ww

It would be like making black suit MB and doc ock MB unstackable in SM. Very different game.

It's a minor gripe, but I just liked it when the machine exploded and everything was going nuts.

#296 8 years ago

I don't like that the prem/LE has a bomb feature that the pro doesn't though either.

Well I guess you should have shelled out the extra dough for the Premium then. No sense complaining now. But they will sell Premiums to anyone so you could always sell your Pro and pick up a Premium

#297 8 years ago

Dude, that's an unbelievable score! I hit 310MIL today and thought that was pretty good. Congrats.

#298 8 years ago

I like the way that the main focus of the game has changed away from the 2 bash toys and the drop targets are now an important part of progression .

#299 8 years ago

I just liked it when the machine exploded and everything was going nuts.

That still happens all the time. Wish I could articulate how but I really don't understand the rules yet. Trust me though, TWD is still a hyper chaotic energy sucking good time.

One more thing I want to mention, I play in a very dimly lit theater room and when I got Horde Mode started it was like I was suddenly playing a completely different machine. When Horde started I had no idea what was happening. Instructions are given to you on the DMD and the music got all creepy. I don't remember if it loaded balls and I plunged them into the playfield or it does it for you, I was freaking out with the weird changes. The lighting went all dark red and I swear there was some kind of extremely fast red strobe effect over the entire playfield and it looked like the balls were stutter skipping as they rolled around. I just remember it gave me multiple balls continuously and zombies were moving toward me on the DMD and I was horrified because everything was happening so fast. I just stopped thinking and just tried to keep the balls alive. When the mode ended the game lighting and sound turned back into what I'm accustomed to. Looking forward to the next Horde experience so I can have my wits about me and play smart.

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I guess I'm a little frustrated with some of the rehash. lol. I'm hoping RobT's (and other's) view of the pin continues to improve. But if not, to each there own.

Rob's view is just that. His pov. Rob is, well, strongly opinionated. Passion is also yours and mine. No one took it personally, or probably even seriously, cuz those that bought and risked on Twd saw something fun and unique. Rob was playing a Pro setup on location, not a cared for one in a collection. He changed his tune pdq after that.

I'm not a fan of kiss pin, layout looks ok but not wow. Until I play one I'll limit my pov to tangible details.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 16.00
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.