index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg

There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#151 8 years ago

I just scored 127 million on the Tunnel mode alone! Scoring is way different now. Just put up a 230 million point score on my 5th game.

#152 8 years ago

new CODE awesome!

#153 8 years ago

Such a cool theme. Congrats guys!! Kill a Walker for me!

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

hat grates me is that these plonkas take credit now every time there is an update.

I don't see anyone taking credit. What I see is people acknowledging in a "negative" thread that stern has finally done what we have been asking for. To me - if you read the FB post for TWD update... it's pretty clear to me that Stern is attempting to diffuse this "movement" by saying we're too busy to keep up with all our busy work... but here's a bone.

If Stern was committed to quality / complete games - they'd make every effort to set schedules and attempt to execute them. They won't / don't. Hiding behind the "licenses" aspect is just silly. Sure; the licensor is demanding - but that isn't an excuse for delaying thing unnecessarily.

Stern - you need a behavior change. 7months is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for *any* update when you knowingly release "marginal" code.

#155 8 years ago

Fish Tank in the pro still seems like it is not coded. Honestly don't see huge changes but I have only played a few games.

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Fish Tank in the pro still seems like it is not coded. Honestly don't see huge changes but I have only played a few games.

I don't think the pro was built to have a fish tank in it. So probably no new code for something that isn't suppose to be there.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Jared is kicking ass at his new job.

Agreed. Though I'd prefer he didn't come into these threads to downvote people. It's kinda petty man, just stay out of it, no reason to create resentment.

#158 8 years ago

I love the stacking possibilities in this game.

IMG_0785.JPGIMG_0785.JPG
#159 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just scored 127 million on the Tunnel mode alone! Scoring is way different now. Just put up a 230 million point score on my 5th game.

The modes are definately more lucrative now. Overall a great update.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Jared is kicking ass at his new job.

Is he doing all their FB posts now?? I noticed a huge improvement!

#161 8 years ago

Stern posted my video of Horde MB animation on their facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball

This one was done with the glass off because my first video was rejected due to the fact that the video was sideways since I shifted from vertical to horizontal mid video. I blame this on the fact that I was trying to actually play the mode with one hand while recording the mode with my other hand.

I ended up getting bit on my real Horde attempt because the zombies got too close.

Pretty cool.

Marcus

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Is he doing all their FB posts now?? I noticed a huge improvement!

Yep. Huge upgrade. Could not be happier with communication.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I don't think the pro was built to have a fish tank in it. So probably no new code for something that isn't suppose to be there.

So why have an insert above the ramp? For shits and giggles!

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Next thing Flash will be saying hes worked on the code himself along with lyman and has a share in the company. How do I know this? A random Stern employee told me of course Legends in their own minds

Wow! I've got shares with Stern. The ball is wild folks!!!!

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So why have an insert above the ramp? For shits and giggles!

I am not too familiar with the pro model. I thought you were talking about an actual physical fish tank, my bad.

#166 8 years ago

I am not too familiar with the pro model. I thought you were talking about an actual physical fish tank, my bad.

No problem. I understand.

How does the fish tank work on the LE? Meaning the the right ramp shot. I assume the insert lights above the ramp and you collect heads at some point? I assume this is a working feature on the LE.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Stern posted my video of Horde MB animation on their facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball
This one was done with the glass off because my first video was rejected due to the fact that the video was sideways since I shifted from vertical to horizontal mid video. I blame this on the fact that I was trying to actually play the mode with one hand while recording the mode with my other hand.
I ended up getting bit on my real Horde attempt because the zombies got too close.
Pretty cool.
Marcus

Thanks for the video for those of us that can't make it there ourselves. One thing I noticed was that the fence EL wire mod you have went on and off with the lights in Horde mode, which was really cool. Do you have yours hooked up to the GI or will mine do the same thing? I have mine hooked up to the 12V power supply the way it comes from the refinery. Thanks in advance.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No problem. I understand.
How does the fish tank work on the LE? Meaning the the right ramp shot. I assume the insert lights above the ramp and you collect heads at some point? I assume this is a working feature on the LE.

The way it works on the LE is there are three green LED's (one under each head) in the fish tank. When you make the ramp once one LED lights solid to let you know you collected that head but the other two heads stay unlit/dark. When you make the ramp shot again, the second LED lights up to illuminate the second head, and so on until you collect all three and all three are lit. That's what I thought you were refering to, each head lighting up individually on the pro.

#169 8 years ago

The way it works on the LE is there are three green LED's (one under each head) in the fish tank. When you make the ramp once one LED lights solid to let you know you collected that head but the other two heads stay unlit/dark. When you make the ramp shot again, the second LED lights up to illuminate the second head, and so on until you collect all three and all three are lit. That's what I thought you were refering to, each head lighting up individually on the pro.

Does the fish tank ramp light turn on during gameplay?

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Does the fish tank ramp light turn on during gameplay?

Yes. The fish tank light and the crossbow light both come on when the respective shots are ready to make.

#171 8 years ago

Yes. The fish tank light and the crossbow light both come on when the respective shots are ready to make.

How do you light the fish tank light on the LE?

I know the crossbow comes on when Weapon insert is lit from the drops.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

How do you light the fish tank light on the LE?
I know the crossbow comes on when Weapon insert is lit from the drops.

I'm assuming the same way you do on the pro, but I could be wrong.

#173 8 years ago

I'm assuming the same way you do on the pro, but I could be wrong.

LOL

I can hit the ramp and an occasional head will be given but the ramp light never lights.

I also have the topper and it seems with the 1.24 update some of the effects have diminished from 1.19

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

LOL
I can hit the ramp and an occasional head will be given but the ramp light never lights.
I also have the topper and it seems with the 1.24 update some of the effects have diminished from 1.19

Sounds like there might be something wrong with yours. Even on the old code my ramp light came on for the fish tank when the shot was ready.

#175 8 years ago

Maybe your fish tank light is disconnected or one of the wires to it came loose or bad solder?

#176 8 years ago

Thanks for the video for those of us that can't make it there ourselves. One thing I noticed was that the fence EL wire mod you have went on and off with the lights in Horde mode, which was really cool. Do you have yours hooked up to the GI or will mine do the same thing? I have mine hooked up to the 12V power supply the way it comes from the refinery. Thanks in advance.

I followed the instructions given by Refinery. So if you followed them as well, my guess is that the fence will work exactly the same way.

For me, the el wire fence is my favorite mod. Of course, once ColorDMD colorizes TWD, then I'm sure it will become my favorite.

Marcus

#177 8 years ago

Tonight was a fantastic night for playing pinball.

I set GC on my TWD LE tonight with a score of 135 million.
I set 1st & 2nd with 100+ million scores.
I set 4th with 67 million.

I reached Horde twice tonight. Seige once, but it was over quickly.
I played blood bath at least 5 times.

Truly fun night.

Thanks Stern! #SternDeliveredTheTWDCode

Marcus

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I followed the instructions given by Refinery. So if you followed them as well, my guess is that the fence will work exactly the same way.
For me, the el wire fence is my favorite mod. Of course, once ColorDMD colorizes TWD, then I'm sure it will become my favorite.
Marcus

If I remember correctly the install was pretty simple. Just plug it right into the 12V, that's it. But I don't see how that would make it go on and off with the GI lights? But if you didn't do anything extra, that means mine will do that too. Awesome!

#179 8 years ago

Last Man Standing - starts by killing 115 zombies, right? is this actually coded yet or do you have to do something special to start this wizard mode?

#180 8 years ago

My pro fish tank light doesn't come on during gameplay but if does come on during attract mode. It is a known software issue.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

My pro fish tank light doesn't come on during gameplay but if does come on during attract mode. It is a known software issue.

Yep same here..

#182 8 years ago

Horde kicks ass..

The danger and tilt noises are insane too. Anybody tilting out there.

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

Hmmmmmm. Why would the light work on the LE but not the Pro? They both have the same light. That's pretty weird.

#184 8 years ago

i"ve followed all the prompts and finished updating everything went smoothly, and pressed reboot, but it stays black and does two "dum dum" sounds every 1-2 secs. Won't turn on, i've put my USB stick in again and going through the update again? anyone know the cause of this? I've verified the image and it's all ok?

PS. i've got a premium and used the LE firmware since i followed the facebook post to the link.

#185 8 years ago

zaliaa: Something similar happened to me when I was upgrading to 1.19. I discovered that not only did I need to make sure there was nothing on my thumbdrive other than the binary, I found that I had to do a reformat of the drive. Otherwise I ended up in your same situation.

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from hyruleinaustin:

zaliaa: Something similar happened to me when I was upgrading to 1.19. I discovered that not only did I need to make sure there was nothing on my thumbdrive other than the binary, I found that I had to do a reformat of the drive. Otherwise I ended up in your same situation.

Oh ok, thanks for letting me know, i formatted to FAT32 before i copied onto the thumbdrive, its about half way through now, so i'm going to let it finish and if it doesn't work, ill perhaps try a different stick. Thanks for the heads up. I was freaking out a little, thought i broke my machine since this is my first time updating.

#187 8 years ago

How many Gb is your flash drive? The updates seem to work better with smaller flash drives. Like 4Gb and under in most cases.

#188 8 years ago

It's 32GB, ive got a 8GB and a 4GB next to me, should i use the 4?

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from zaliaa:

It's 32GB, ive got a 8GB and a 4GB next to me, should i use the 4?

8Gb work for some people but I would use the 4Gb to be safe.

#190 8 years ago

8Gb work for some people but I would use the 4Gb to be safe.

Alright will do, thanks for the advice. Much appreciated, will update with results for others that might be facing the same issue.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from zaliaa:

Alright will do, thanks for the advice. Much appreciated, will update with results for others that might be facing the same issue.

Mines doing the same thing. Any luck?

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from ArtieKC:

Mines doing the same thing. Any luck?

Try a smaller thumb drive.

#193 8 years ago

I'm having the same problem. Using the same flash drive I used for the last update. :-/

#194 8 years ago

Try a smaller thumb drive.

I've only got 8GB's ones. Damn!

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from Clydesguy82:

I'm having the same problem. Using the same flash drive I used for the last update. :-/

Same one i used for 1.19 also. Trying my other 8gb one.

#196 8 years ago

Anyone having issues with random resets on new code?

#197 8 years ago

Do you have dip switch 8 flicked on?

#198 8 years ago

Ok, just to update, still not working, i finished the 32gb to no success, i then reformated my 4gb and went through with verifying and still not working, i noticed there's a little led labeled K where it lights on and off with the dum dum sounds. Where the processor Jtag is. I'm trying the 8gb now, will let you know asap.

EDIT: Scouting through Stern's facebook, it seems peeps have problems with rebooting while they are playing, sorta sounds like our problems but they are actually able to boot into the new code. hmm...

#199 8 years ago

Do you have dip switch 8 flicked on?

Yes. Game prompts you to switch on at beginning and off at update finish

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from PH_Mark:

Anyone having issues with random resets on new code?

No resets with the Pro update, played about 10 games varying in length achieving a high score of 180MIL. Which version do you have? Pro, Premium or LE? Any resets issues before?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
$ 26.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.