Topic Stats

• 690 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0853.jpg
IMAG1174.jpg
codes.png
terminus2.JPG
terminus.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg

There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Playing a pro version on location and it seems the drop targets are too fast to reset. Often they reset so fast the ball is still there. Which leads to airballs and wild balls flying around. Sometimes SDTM.
I assume its older software,

upon start up game code ID is revealed.

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I've now set my horde timer settings to the hardest (init 5, decrease -2, minium value 1) making the walkers advance a lot faster so you have to shoot good or get bit.

Can anyone explain the Horde settings?

#653 3 years ago

Horde Init timer: how long it takes for a walker to advance (5 is the minimum value)
Decrease: how the init timer is adjusted
Minimum value: what the miniimum value can be (1 is the minium value)

Level1: walkers advance each 5 seconds
Level2: walkers advance each 3 seconds (5-2)
Level3: walkers advance each 1 second (5-2-2)
Level4: walkers advance each 1 second (5-2-2-2 but minimum is 1)

Default values is something like 7 init, -1 decrease and minimum is 2. So these minor settings make Horde a lot easier/harder to play.

You can also set the nr of walkers that are lit at init and the maximum.
You can also set the nr of walkers needed to kill to advance a level in horde.

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

upon start up game code ID is revealed.

Yep. But im not about to reboot a machine in an arcade. Good way to get asked to leave. I could just ask someone that works there i guess.

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Yep. But im not about to reboot a machine in an arcade. Good way to get asked to leave. I could just ask someone that works there i guess.

Why would rebooting the game piss anyone off?

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why would rebooting the game piss anyone off?

True. When I was a kid playing in the arcade if I was taking too long on one quarter the older teenage kids who were tall enough to reach the top of the arcade would always turn it off then on again so I would lose my quarter and they could play. No one in the arcade seemed to care, the attendants even saw it happen. So I don't think anyone would raise an issue if you turned the game off then on again.

#657 3 years ago

I guess id feel i would need to ask first. Thats all.

The specific version of the code that the machine is running isnt as important since the drops resetting and launching the ball doesnt seem to be common. Noone spoke up to say that used to happen all the time and in newer code they fixed it.

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I guess id feel i would need to ask first. Thats all.
The specific version of the code that the machine is running isnt as important since the drops resetting and launching the ball doesnt seem to be common. Noone spoke up to say that used to happen all the time and in newer code they fixed it.

I have never heard of this happening a lot either. I feel like I have seen it happen once or twice if the ball is sitting in the perfect spot after the third target is hit, but it hasn't been anything noticeable to me.

#659 3 years ago

I have only seen the targets reset themselves quickly because of the coil screw becoming loose, but usually then they will pop up and down over and over. Fixed it with a little loctite.

#660 3 years ago

I think we have a new "broken mode". CDC Jr.

I like rioting and all , but this seems excessive.

IMAG1174.jpg

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

IMAG1174.jpg

Agreed.
I mentioned this in post 644 on the previous page. My score was crazy high but nothing like that.
Wow.

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

IMAG1174.jpg

so what, did you just hit the riot shot 100 times or something? haha.

#663 3 years ago

Finally got a few games in after upgrading.

Did I miss some posts about the crossbow power? It was never good, now it stinks, wont even make it up the playfield, let alone any ramps.

Is there an adjustment for it, or should I just turn it off.

Any help is appreciated.

#664 3 years ago

I also noticed the very high scoring during Riot. That was the mode that got my me new GC score.

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

IMAG1174.jpg

That is insane! Nice job!

#666 3 years ago

Here's my Riot score. I had a similar score for Tunnel on the prior version. Riot definitely scores higher now. Love it.

IMG_0853.jpg

#667 3 years ago

Actually it doesn't mean it is really broke. Say if you keep extending riot using the drops (especially in blood bath) and build up riot to 40M and you shoot it with a 5x with 2x, you can get this kind of things. Unless of course it's a bug where the riot value keep's rising (no reset when the shot is made) or rising too fast.

#668 3 years ago

build up riot to 40M and you shoot it with a 5x

5x? How do you get 5x?

#669 3 years ago

Every 2 walker kills adds to the inlane x value. So you have to make sure you go through the unlit inlane a few times to build it up. I believe there is also a Woodbury award now that will add 1x to the inlane.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Every 2 walker kills adds to the inlane x value. So you have to make sure you go through the unlit inlane a few times to build it up. I believe there is also a Woodbury award now that will add 1x to the inlane.

And it starts at 2x and goes up one x per 2 kills capped at 5x?

#671 3 years ago

I'm not sure if it is capped or not. Someone do a glass off test please!

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Correction. The Woodbury award I was thinking of will light an x inlane. If you already have an inlane x lit, it will add the other inlane as well and at the same x value that you already have built up for the inlane x. Not really all that valuable and may actually hurt you. Now you can't intentionally avoid using an inlane x because both will be lit.

#673 3 years ago

Riot value is added by switch hits, so great during MB's.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

Riot value is added by switch hits, so great during MB's.

Another example of why TWD keeps getting better. The rules are quite nuanced now and there is a lot to learn. Lots of different ways to set things up.

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Another example of why TWD keeps getting better. The rules are quite nuanced now and there is a lot to learn. Lots of different ways to set things up.

I totally agree. A lot of my games end up shitty because I cannot decide which strategy I want to take. It's like, I want to get BB going, but I also want to get zombie kills, so I hit in between both shots, brick, drain. Haha

#676 3 years ago

Does anyone ever get to crossbow multiball? From my understanding it is 5 shots to start correct? and that only includes the lit green arrows? I have yet to hit 3 in one game. Right ramp and BG I can hit all day sometimes barn. Tunnel seems impossible from the way the crossbow sits. I would think it should update to 3 shots or stay at 5 but open the prison doors and enable the prison walker and the well walker as two more options maybe.

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Does anyone ever get to crossbow multiball? From my understanding it is 5 shots to start correct? and that only includes the lit green arrows? I have yet to hit 3 in one game. Right ramp and BG I can hit all day sometimes barn. Tunnel seems impossible from the way the crossbow sits. I would think it should update to 3 shots or stay at 5 but open the prison doors and enable the prison walker and the well walker as two more options maybe.

Can you hit the same shot twice? Like hit BG twice?

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Can you hit the same shot twice? Like hit BG twice?

I'm not sure. It seems like only the arrows I haven't hit are lit. but again I don't hit enough to test either way. maybe taking the glass off sometime will help me sort it out but it seems to me so far to be all five mode shots individually.

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I'm not sure. It seems like only the arrows I haven't hit are lit. but again I don't hit enough to test either way. maybe taking the glass off sometime will help me sort it out but it seems to me so far to be all five mode shots individually.

Yeah, that's almost impossible. Until mezel's laser crossbow mod comes out

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yeah, that's almost impossible. Until mezel's laser crossbow mod comes out

Yes that will be a must have for me.

#681 3 years ago

I've gotten to it twice without knowing how during prison, well and BB stacks. When the ball drained it showed points for cross bow multiball. I'm guessing it's from hitting BG multiple times.

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I've gotten to it twice without knowing how during prison, well and BB stacks. When the ball drained it showed points for cross bow multiball. I'm guessing it's from hitting BG multiple times.

Aw u running old code? You cannot stack all three of those anymore.

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Nope................

So much other stuff going on I don't even think about it.

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nope................
So much other stuff going on I don't even think about it.

Agree. Crossbow is like barnyard MB on MM. I feel like I need to just concentrate on that or it gets lost in the shuffle.

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Aw u running old code? You cannot stack all three of those anymore.

No, running new code. Should have said when I have things really going with modes, BB and going from one multi-ball into the next.

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

No, running new code. Should have said when I have things really going with modes, BB and going from one multi-ball into the next.

So the crossbow will activate while all that other craziness is going on? That's impressive to get all those shots made while keeping MB alive.

#687 3 years ago

I do have one major complaint with the new code, and I really hope that this will be changed back to how it was before:

What happened to the "MULTI-KILL" call outs when you would collect the MK shots?? TWD isn't known for having great callouts, but one of the few really good ones is the loud "MULTI-KILL."

Now it seems that we only get that callout when MK is first qualified, and not when each MK is collected. In fact, I don't think you get much, if any, audio feedback on the current code when you collect a MK.

This needs to be changed back to how it was before.

#688 3 years ago

I agree. Before there was a great flying arrow sound by doing a mk marked shot.

2 weeks later
#689 3 years ago

One bug found:

Hit one drop target so the food, weapon or ammo is locked.
When a ball search happens, the drops rise and the food/weapons/ammo lights start cycling again.

If you then shoot 3 drops, you do not get the light awarded.

(In my case, I had 2 sets of drops complete, going for the third. After ball search I completed the 3rd set so normally blood bath would have been lit but this wasn't the case)

The other bug is that hitting a lit tower during 2x playfield does not reset the 2x playfield timer to 30 sec (or more).

#690 3 years ago

The other bug is that hitting a lit tower during 2x playfield does not reset th

Is it supposed to? Never thought about that before.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cumberland, RI
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 199.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 8.95
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton , FL
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside