index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg
There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 8 years ago

The walker hits left are displayed in the middle of Well Walker animation screen.

It's right in the middle of the screen, with no caption/label.

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

To Start Blood Bath you must first Understand the Drop Target Lights...
1) Each of the 3 drop targets has a light in front of it: "First Aid", "Weapons", "Food"
2) When all drops are UP -> 1 of the lights will flash at a time, rotating in sequence
3) The first drop that gets knocked down "Locks In" which target/light the Complete Bank will award
4) When you complete the bank - the locked in reward is awarded. Either "First Aid", "Weapons" or "Food"
To Start Blood Bath....
Step 1) Complete the 3 drops targets - 1 of the Awards is Given (FirstAid, Weapons or Food) AND STAYS LIT
Step 2) Only when the 3 drops are UP -> time knocking down the first drop when 1 of the 2 unlit rewards is flashing
Step 3) Complete the bank of drops -> now 2 rewards are lit (for example: Food and Weapons)
Step 4) Only when the 3 drops are UP -> time knocking down the first drop when the final UNLIT reward is flashing
Step 5) Complete the bank of drops -> You have now completed all 3 rewards -> Blood Bath will be lit
Step 6) Complete the bank of drops to start Blood Bath
Add A Ball: While in blood bath, every time you complete the 3 drops (up to 3 times), it adds a ball and lights the ball saver
NOTE: It is harder to start Blood Bath a 2nd time (not sure of the exact change).
Most of the time, you complete drop target banks without thinking about it. But it can be important to focus on "Locking In" the UNLIT rewards - or you'll never light Blood Bath.

wow, can't ever see getting that in normal play ...

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

NOTE: It is harder to start Blood Bath a 2nd time (not sure of the exact change).

I believe after the first Blood Bath MB, you have to collect all 3 drop awards twice to light it again.

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

It's pretty easy to accidentally do it. The only real trick is to try and stop the flashing light on an UNLIT item so that when you 'accidentally' clear the drop bank, you aren't collecting the same rewards over and over.

#605 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The walker hits left are displayed in the middle of Well Walker animation screen.

It's right in the middle of the screen, with no caption/label.

Ah, that's why I didn't see it. I don't normally look up at the screen unless I have the ball trapped up. I was hoping it would be in the status screen.

#606 8 years ago

So what's the deal with the Prison door not working properly after this update? The door stays shut when it should be open in order to bash the zombie head inside. What happened here?

Would like to see a quick fix for this issue.

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Not as hard as you think. I have done this many times. Now Horde, that's a different story. I still haven't done it.

#608 8 years ago

anyone know if lyman is actively on this game still or is he helping on other stuff?

#609 8 years ago

I have a question on this game.

Is the only way to start any of the modes hitting the all 3 left drop targets? I find this very hard to do especially since they reset after each ball. When I do hit them and start the mode, it seems like I just have to hit one shot over and over to complete the mode. At least maybe I could have the modes continue to the next ball maybe?

I'm not trying to pick on the game but I'm not having much fun doing this. Maybe I am too used to playing mode based pinball machines. Am I missing something? Am I playing this wrong?

Help me pinsiders!

#610 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

anyone know if lyman is actively on this game still or is he helping on other stuff?

I had sent software@stern a small suggestion and Lyman emailed me back personally saying he was working on a new update.

#611 8 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I have a question on this game.
Is the only way to start any of the modes hitting the all 3 left drop targets? I find this very hard to do especially since they reset after each ball. When I do hit them and start the mode, it seems like I just have to hit one shot over and over to complete the mode. At least maybe I could have the modes continue to the next ball maybe?
I'm not trying to pick on the game but I'm not having much fun doing this. Maybe I am too used to playing mode based pinball machines. Am I missing something? Am I playing this wrong?
Help me pinsiders!

Yes it is the only way. Just practice it. It's not that hard and it shouldn't be too easy. Modes are the way to get multikills.
Barn, Arena and Riot have the same shot.
CDC and tunnel have variation.

You can adjust some settings that would help you:
- nr of drop target banks needed for modes lit
- carry over 'modes lit' to next ball

in my opnion, default settings are good. TWD is supposed to be hard

#612 8 years ago

I remember reading that dropping the three targets during multiball is supposed to add-a-ball. I tried that the other day and never got another ball. Does that work on all of the multiballs, or just a specific one?

#613 8 years ago

Add-a-ball works when it is the Blood Bath multiball, not prison or WW.

#614 8 years ago

That would be why I didn't get another ball. Is there a different add-a-ball for either Prison or Well Walker multiball?

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

That would be why I didn't get another ball. Is there a different add-a-ball for either Prison or Well Walker multiball?

a single add-a-ball, no.

#616 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You can stack well walker or prison multiball with blood bath multiball, and get up to 3 add-a-balls by completing the drops.

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So what's the deal with the Prison door not working properly after this update? The door stays shut when it should be open in order to bash the zombie head inside. What happened here?

Anyone? You guys having this issue too?

#618 8 years ago

I've seen prison doors stick closed.
You can trap the ball on one flipper for a few seconds, and hit the other flipper to open them. (like Simpsons garage door)
Not sure if it is new code related tho

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from RobT:

Anyone? You guys having this issue too?

I had this happen on a friends machine on the new code. I felt/feel like it had something to do with skipping the intro to the prison mode by double flipping quickly to fast forward everything. It seemed like maybe the game was skipping or reversing the prison door opening sequence? Happened to me ~2 times in about 40 games? No confirmation 100% on the cause, but it did happen. I played on as normal, but prison shots did nothing and I never got the doors open until I drained and moved to the next ball. It sounds like holding flippers and/or scrolling in instant info or something might be a temporary fix though? Can't confirm.

We also ran across a bug of some sort in a multiplayer game where the drop target 'supply' light wouldn't roam properly at the start of a new ball for the next player. Seemed to have something to do with a 'locked' but partially completed supply drop target on one player, then the light was stuck to that supply for the next player. We didn't come up with a complete picture of the issue as it seemed very inconsistent and could have involved any number of supply/walker bomb/bloodbath/drop target issues, but there was definitely some sort of hiccup in the code around those targets specifically in multiplayer games. We thought maybe a target opto was flakey but couldn't see any issue in test mode. Something for folks to keep an eye on to maybe flesh it out a bit more. Note we never were able to reproduce it once in single player AFAIK.

#620 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I had this happen on a friends machine on the new code. I felt/feel like it had something to do with skipping the intro to the prison mode by double flipping quickly to fast forward everything. It seemed like maybe the game was skipping or reversing the prison door opening sequence? Happened to me ~2 times in about 40 games? No confirmation 100% on the cause, but it did happen. I played on as normal, but prison shots did nothing and I never got the doors open until I drained and moved to the next ball. It sounds like holding flippers and/or scrolling in instant info or something might be a temporary fix though? Can't confirm.
We also ran across a bug of some sort in a multiplayer game where the drop target 'supply' light wouldn't roam properly at the start of a new ball for the next player. Seemed to have something to do with a 'locked' but partially completed supply drop target on one player, then the light was stuck to that supply for the next player. We didn't come up with a complete picture of the issue as it seemed very inconsistent and could have involved any number of supply/walker bomb/bloodbath/drop target issues, but there was definitely some sort of hiccup in the code around those targets specifically in multiplayer games. We thought maybe a target opto was flakey but couldn't see any issue in test mode. Something for folks to keep an eye on to maybe flesh it out a bit more. Note we never were able to reproduce it once in single player AFAIK.

This same issue happens at the machine on location, the only way to spell Prison is to hit the red arrows, it is intermittent and really sucks when you are playing it in competition as some people get the free shots to shoot prison other have a closed door and will only open if you complete the red arrow shots...

#621 8 years ago

They should make shots to the head not count towards unlighting arrows anyways.

#622 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ya I would be okay with that, probably safer shots anyway, and require more skill to complete... I am not a huge fan of the way Prison is currently achieved either...

#623 8 years ago

Is it just me or does the score scroll off too quickly. I like the faster match animation, but I can't even see my score before it disappears.

#624 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Disagree, but I do think there should be a reward for arrows shot vs. prison shot. Each arrow should add somewhat substantial points to the prison jackpots as well as advance 'prison', whereas the prison walker would simply advance prison with no substantial rewards. That way the MB is still reasonable to obtain for a novice player, but can be much more lucrative for an expert.

For all I know it might already be like this frankly...

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Your need to swap the large spring over to a softer spring lift PF and your see the spring on the door mech it's a very easy swap. I'm pretty sure I used a flipper spring and I've played hundreds of games and the issue has gone. My doors would open then close straight away but then would open ok once ball drained and ball two started weird hey. A few guys have done the spring swap and problem has gone

Peter.

#626 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Your need to swap the large spring over to a softer spring lift PF and your see the spring on the door mech it's a very easy swap. I'm pretty sure I used a flipper spring and I've played hundreds of games and the issue has gone. My doors would open then close straight away but then would open ok once ball drained and ball two started weird hey. A few guys have done the spring swap and problem has gone
Peter.

Not saying this isn't a fix, but this problem never happened in the original code to my recollection so I'm very curious how a mechanical change is the solution? I don't understand the mechanism at all but I am thinking somehow this mechanical fix is a Band-Aid for a code problem... kinda like the old 'solder resistors onto coils' fix for slings that hit too hard.

#627 8 years ago

Definitely a code problem with the prison doors

#628 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Not saying this isn't a fix, but this problem never happened in the original code to my recollection so I'm very curious how a mechanical change is the solution? I don't understand the mechanism at all but I am thinking somehow this mechanical fix is a Band-Aid for a code problem... kinda like the old 'solder resistors onto coils' fix for slings that hit too hard.

My doors played up on the earlier code I changed the spring and its still fine on the latest code try it I know of others guys that had the same problem and it worked for them to.

#629 8 years ago

I've never had it happen on my pro (with old code and with new code)

#630 8 years ago

I've never had it happen to me on my LE

#631 8 years ago

Me either Rob. I think I've noticed it shutting on WW MB, is that a proper change in the code?

Gotta go back and check to see if this keeps happening but if you are needing more hits to get Prison MB, WWMB is a good time to stockpile some of those.

#632 8 years ago

Removed stacking between WW and prison --> good thing! It would otherwise be a boring tourney pin. One multiball start = often second multiball start = often blood batch start is for each player a big multiball.

#633 8 years ago

So I've changed some game adjustments to make Horde more achievable so people have a better chance seeing it.

-Changed the setting to allow lit dead features to carry to next ball (if you clear the drops but drain before starting them)

-All Multi Kills reduced to minimum values.

Horde is still tough to get, but can be done. More like other games that have mini wizards just for starting every mode (ie: Sea of Simulation from Tron).

The one thing I'd like to do now is change Horde to be tougher, since it is easier to get. I'd like to turn the add-a-balls off. Can that be done?

#634 8 years ago

Can someone explain the Walker Bombs? I see the button light up, sometimes blue sometimes green. When I notice I hit it but I can't say I notice anything specific happen on the playfield or to the score.

So how do I get Walker Bombs and when should I use them?
And when I do use the bomb, what should happen?

#635 8 years ago

Lol, I increased all my multikills to the hardest settings. 3 balls factory settings, factory outlanes.

Horde is not that difficult to achieve I think. And horde should be made more difficult (walkers to move faster) or stop at one ball play.

#636 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Can someone explain the Walker Bombs? I see the button light up, sometimes blue sometimes green. When I notice I hit it but I can't say I notice anything specific happen on the playfield or to the score.

Use a walker bomb if you drain and just need one hit to start walker or prison multi. It will start the multi and save the ball.

I also think horde is not that hard to start. I can never start siege

#637 8 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

I also think horde is not that hard to start.

I must be a terrible player (quite possible). Even with my reduce Horde settings it is tough for me. I'll see what happens with visitors.

#638 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Walker bombs are available once you start the preliminary respective modes.

Start "Clear Prison Yard", complete drop targets while "first aid" target is flashing. +1 Prison Walker Bomb (you can pile up more than one)

Complete Well and shoot once more for "pre well walker mode" (when hits start counting down towards multiball)complete drop targets while "food" target is flashing. +1 well Walker Bomb (you can pile up more than one)

During HORDE. Complete drop targets while "weapons" target is flashing. +1 Horde Bomb (you can pile up more than one).

Cool thing about bombs is , once you are one hit away from multiball you can use them as a ball saver and advance other features while avoiding multiball start if you want.

#639 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Lol, I increased all my multikills to the hardest settings. 3 balls factory settings, factory outlanes.
Horde is not that difficult to achieve I think. And horde should be made more difficult (walkers to move faster) or stop at one ball play.

Same here Hordes to easy to achieve lol

2 weeks later
#640 8 years ago

Walking Dead 1.28 and Metallica 1.64 updates today. Go get em!

codes.pngcodes.png

#641 8 years ago

1.28 is great!
Love the RIOT and ARENA changes. Also great additional light effects during modes and other things.

I've now set my horde timer settings to the hardest (init 5, decrease -2, minium value 1) making the walkers advance a lot faster so you have to shoot good or get bit.

A few bugs I found (nothing major):
- making a lit tower shot during 2X playfield running does not reset the double playfield timer to 30secs (or more).
- bicycle girl can be played during horde (no animitions but you do hear the sounds and see the blue ramp light)
- when i got bit during horde, flippers died and my ball hit a drop target. This way the bit animation/sound got cut of because the game said that blood bath was lit.

#642 8 years ago

1.25, the world loves?
1.28, the world loves more?
"HUO" LE posted in the marketplace at premium price? And .. so barely used it was still strapped to the pallet and box stapled?

Yeah, I"m in. LE 521 is now in the house.

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

1.28 is great!
Love the RIOT and ARENA changes. Also great additional light effects during modes and other things.
I've now set my horde timer settings to the hardest (init 5, decrease -2, minium value 1) making the walkers advance a lot faster so you have to shoot good or get bit.
A few bugs I found (nothing major):
- making a lit tower shot during 2X playfield running does not reset the double playfield timer to 30secs (or more).
- bicycle girl can be played during horde (no animitions but you do hear the sounds and see the blue ramp light)
- when i got bit during horde, flippers died and my ball hit a drop target. This way the bit animation/sound got cut of because the game said that blood bath was lit.

How do you complete/finish Riot mode in the new 1.28 code?

#644 8 years ago

Played a bit of Walking Dead 1.28 over the holiday.
Still don't fully understand everything, but "Riot Mode" that I got a few times is a scoring festival.
Not even sure how I started it. From what I am reading it has something to do with the drops on the left?

#645 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Played a bit of Walking Dead 1.28 over the holiday.
Still don't fully understand everything, but "Riot Mode" that I got a few times is a scoring festival.
Not even sure how I started it. From what I am reading it has something to do with the drops on the left?

Yes. The drops on the left once all at hit down, it lights all the modes. Hit the riot shot to the left of the prison doors to start riot. Not completely sure how the mode shots work now with the 4th of July update, but that's how it is started.

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. The drops on the left once all at hit down, it lights all the modes. Hit the riot shot to the left of the prison doors to start riot. Not completely sure how the mode shots work now with the 4th of July update, but that's how it is started.

Thanks. That is what I thought.
After getting all the drops it seems to light all the big white insets, Barn, Riot ect.
I am guessing that whatever shot you hit first starts that mode.
But one time I missed a shot and they all seemed to go out. Do we only get one shot at starting one of those modes and if missed have to start all over again with the drops?
Anyway I am enjoying the new code.

#647 8 years ago

Last time I played, they will stay flashing for a while, but eventually they go out if you don't hit any of them.

#648 8 years ago

Playing a pro version on location and it seems the drop targets are too fast to reset. Often they reset so fast the ball is still there. Which leads to airballs and wild balls flying around. Sometimes SDTM.

I assume its older software, is this something that is normal, or maybe it has been fixed in newer code releases?

#649 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Playing a pro version on location and it seems the drop targets are too fast to reset. Often they reset so fast the ball is still there. Which leads to airballs and wild balls flying around. Sometimes SDTM.
I assume its older software, is this something that is normal, or maybe it has been fixed in newer code releases?

That has actually never happened to me, not even on release code. I own an LE but I don't see what the difference would be.

#650 8 years ago

This machine is new, but has had zero dialing in. Out of level so ball rolls down toward the left. Maybe the out of level left to right effects the speed at which the ball get off the drop bank...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 8.95
$ 26.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-twd-code-update-coming-soon/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.