Topic Stats

• 690 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0853.jpg
IMAG1174.jpg
codes.png
terminus2.JPG
terminus.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
index.jpg
IMAG1162.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0785-1.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
STERN-PINBALL-TIP-OF-THE-HAT.jpg
IMAG2049.jpg
image-913.jpg

There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 4 years ago

On Facebook today:

"The Walking Dead pinball update:

Two new updates to share with you today.

1) After much demand The Walking Dead fish tank topper will be back in stock in the Stern Shop online 6/15!

2) The much needed and anticipated code update for all The Walking Dead models is being worked on now and we will notify you all as soon as we have a target release date.

Happy Walker Hunting!"

#2 4 years ago

Reading comprehension not your strong suit?

"being worked on now and we will notify you all as soon as we have a target release date"

does not mean:

"We are announcing TWD code update is coming soon!"

#3 4 years ago

Good news to start out a Monday. Thanks for sharing

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

The much needed and anticipated code update for all The Walking Dead models is being worked on now and we will notify you all as soon as we have a target release date.

That seems like a totally fair and reasonable update. If Stern got into the habit of doing that for all the code stuff I think it would be a real improvement.

#5 4 years ago

They've been saying this for months now! Funny that Stern posted almost as the same time as I did this morning! Why don't they post an actual code update timeline and stick to it? Saying you are working on code just seems overly open ended. It's like saying "I'm going to retire"...eventually that will come true.

They should say. Code update coming in May...and stick to the damn timeline.

wheres-the-code-stern-pinball-broken-record.jpg

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

Reading comprehension not your strong suit?
"being worked on now and we will notify you all as soon as we have a target release date"
does not mean:
"We are announcing TWD code update is coming soon!"

I was just happy with the part that said " code for...all The Walking Dead models is being worked on now." I had never read that it was being worked on NOW (previously) and took liberal license to think that meant "soon." Sorry if that got you worked up. Peace! Jim

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

They've been saying this for months now! Funny that Stern posted almost as the same time as I did this morning! Why don't they post an actual code update timeline and stick to it? Saying you are working on code just seems overly open ended. It's like saying "I'm going to retire"...eventually that will come true.

I just don't agree with that.

Do I wish that games just shipped finished? Yes.

But given that they don't, and that's just reality, I'd rather they were done right, and we were just kept in the loop in the meantime. Does that mean "hey, feel free to take a year?" Nope. But I don't want "we'll have it in 2 weeks!" and then some bugs or ideas come up and they need more like 4, but since they posted a date they either rush it or people flip out.

Tell us that you're working on it. Tell us you'll give us a date when you feel comfortable giving one. Give the date then. Meet it.

If you rinse and repeat that then everyone will feel informed, and way more comfortable. Just doing it sometimes doesn't work though, you have to keep it up. That's how you build back some trust and understanding.

#8 4 years ago

wheres-the-code-stern-pinball-broken-record.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

showing the stupid "wheres the code" thing, did nothing in reality.

#9 4 years ago

I think it would be reasonable for games to have a quarterly update. Whatever was finished by the end of the quarter would be released for all games. Imagine that? You'd never have to guess, or moan or worry. You could count on an update at the end of a quarter. Even if it was a small update, it would be an update.

#10 4 years ago

pissed about fish tank . They said only producing 200. Now they are releasing more. That sucks for those who bought one.

#11 4 years ago

I don't agree with this either. All kinds of bugs could come up and the posted due date would go right out the window and then the bitchin would REALLY begin. To bad you spent all that time making the broken record picture, it's kind of dumb.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

pissed about fish tank . They said only producing 200. Now they are releasing more. That sucks for those who bought one.

How does it suck - do they like it less now?

#13 4 years ago

Timelines have proven to not work well with pinball. Whether it's code with stern or an actual machine from another co.

It'll be done when it's ready.

#14 4 years ago

Glad that a good game is going to get even better!

They've been saying this for months now! Funny that Stern posted almost as the same time as I did this morning! Why don't they post an actual code update timeline and stick to it?

i would rather them leave it open ended, and allow for the creativity and attention to detail that might occur while doing it. Naming a date and forcing the process to end would only hurt the (un)finished product.
I can wait, and in the meantime TWD is earning well on location, and going to have extra legs when the update hits!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Why does it suck? You planning on hording them and selling them off for triple the price?

Stern never said they were limited to a run of only 200. They said we are making 200, and nothing else. When they released the PREMIUM model it was a no brainier they would have to make more topper.

I don't get why people would not be happy that more owners can have a topper. Seems stupid and selfish to me.

#16 4 years ago

Wow...some people just look for stuff to bitch about.....

#17 4 years ago

Communication is a good thing. Looking forward tot he update......

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Tell us that you're working on it. Tell us you'll give us a date when you feel comfortable giving one. Give the date then. Meet it.

Amen.

#19 4 years ago

I had heard last week from someone more knowledgeable then I about the updates, and this very critical individual was "glowing" and "beside himself", as to what he has learned about the update.
I will hope for us all its as true and as grand as he speaks....even without details.

I have yet to hear anything wrong, or not "on the money" in all the years he has shared.

So...Pure Positive Optimism!

Something very good will be coming!

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

pissed about fish tank . They said only producing 200. Now they are releasing more. That sucks for those who bought one

Totally agree with you on that one, Freddy. In reality, the topper should have come with the LE model. But, to announce 200 only - then make more. That's a big "FU"!

#21 4 years ago

I don't think Stern ever said "only 200 TWD Toppers will be made" - it's not like it's an LE. They just posted 200 available on the ordering website, and the counter counted down until they were gone. Basically, they only made 200 in the first batch and now they are making another batch - nothing wrong with that.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Totally agree with you on that one, FREDDY. In reality, the topper should have come with the LE model. But, to announce 200 only - then make more. That's a big "FU"!

OMG, people think TOPPERS are "LE's" now....

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG, people think TOPPERS are "LE's" now....

Ridiculous.

#24 4 years ago

Whose more of a broken record, stern or the wheres the code camp?

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I don't think Stern ever said "only 200 TWD Toppers will be made" - it's not like it's an LE.

I think if you're going to have a legit complaint about them making more you have to refute the above quote. If you can find a place where Stern said that then post it up, we can see they're backsliding.

Otherwise I think it's totally fair game to make more.

#26 4 years ago

To get this post back on track and the correct mood...

- TWD Code update coming!!!!
- And it's going to be awesome!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I was just happy with the part that said " code for...all The Walking Dead models is being worked on now." I had never read that it was being worked on NOW (previously) and took liberal license to think that meant "soon." Sorry if that got you worked up. Peace! Jim

I am glad Stern is communicating, certainly. I was just clarifying (albeit a bit snarkily because your thread title threw me a bit.)

Peace!

#28 4 years ago

For those who do not have a TWD, get one before prices go up.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I had heard last week from someone more knowledgeable then I about the updates, and this very critical individual was "glowing" and "beside himself", as to what he has learned about the update.
I will hope for us all its as true and as grand as he speaks....even without details.
I have yet to hear anything wrong, or not "on the money" in all the years he has shared.
So...Pure Positive Optimism!
Something very good will be coming!

Sweet! I really like the layout of the game and believe it has a lot of potential.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

Got mine a few days ago.

#31 4 years ago

While I'm happy with the coming code update, I'm torn.

I have the show voices on mine. I love the voices so much that I am tempted to wait a bit after the new code is released in the hopes that someone else publishes the new code with show voices.

Still, TWD is a solid 7 right now. With code for Horde, Last Man Standing and Lyman improvements, this game will become a solid 8.5. Add show voices, and it might just hit an Olympic 10.

Marcus

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Got mine a few days ago.

Nice

#33 4 years ago

Got mijne LE 4 weeks ago.
Let come Some update like for star trek game

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

No. LOL. Glad for those who have the game....but no.

Why would prices go up? It's still in production.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I have the show voices on mine. I love the voices so much that I am tempted to wait a bit after the new code is released in the hopes that someone else publishes the new code with show voices.
Still, TWD is a solid 7 right now. With code for Horde, Last Man Standing and Lyman improvements, this game will become a solid 8.5. Add show voices, and it might just hit an Olympic 10.
Marcus

You have to do both, because I have an inner need to hear it call Jennifer a bitch again.

#36 4 years ago

Better get one of these soon too. Sculpted by one of TWD's Producers.

TWD Shooter.jpg
#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No. LOL. Glad for those who have the game....but no.

Pretty sure he was saying that tongue in cheek.

Personally speaking, I'm glad that I waited a bit on this one. The wait will be much shorter for me than the guys who bought the pin on release. I'm enjoying it plenty based on the current code though (but it's brand new so haven't seen everything by a long shot yet).

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Better get one of these soon too. Sculpted by one of TWD's Producers.

TWD Shooter.jpg

The Pinballcustoms zombie shooter is so much better looking, IMO.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Pretty sure he was saying that tongue in cheek.
Personally speaking, I'm glad that I waited a bit on this one. The wait will be much shorter for me than the guys who bought the pin on release. I'm enjoying it plenty based on the current code though (but it's brand new so haven't seen everything by a long shot yet).

A great way to enjoy the game is to invite someone else over and let them play it. This way, you get to focus on the dots and the sounds. It really helps you appreciate the game.

I always find something new when I watch another person play it.

Did you get the Pro, Premium or LE?

Marcus

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

A great way to enjoy the game is to invite someone else over and let them play it. This way, you get to focus on the dots and the sounds. It really helps you appreciate the game.
I always find something new when I watch another person play it.
Did you get the Pro, Premium or LE?
Marcus

I got the Premium.

My oldest daughter is a huge TWD fan, so it was great to see her actually get excited about one of my pins again. She played it for more than a half hour straight. This gave me the chance to do exactly what you said: watch the dots.

I would be hard pressed to name a pin that has better dots than TWD. Just excellent.

Oh, the music is fantastic as well! I also enjoy a lot of the sound effects. Call outs...well....those could be better.

#41 4 years ago

Best thing to take from this is that Stern is actively working on TWD code NOW and they've put the message out there. Not "going to work on" but rather it's currently being worked on.

Good news however you slice it. Likely the next comment from Stern on the subject will be when the code is available.

#42 4 years ago

If you look at what Stern has done lately it is really quite impressive. They produce a constant stream of 3-4 new games a year, develop a new operating system, make MMR, Big Juicy Mellons, and move a whole factory to a new location all with relatively few hiccups. I feel their communication has been their biggest weekness, and they seem to be improving there as well. In light of the struggles all other manufactures have had I would say Stern is doing an amazing job. Did code take awhile for ST? Yes, but in that time other games came out as well. It seems to just be a different allocation of resources. In that same time we have only seen one game from JJP, and squat from Jpop, etc. As long as Stern keeps up the communication I really think they are the best thing going right now. I really want all pinball to do well so don't take this as an anti JJP post. Just saying Stern is doing a lot where others are failing.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think he was being sarcastic. He put a after his comment.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I would be hard pressed to name a pin that has better dots than TWD. Just excellent.

Just wait till it's in full color.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The Pinballcustoms zombie shooter is so much better looking, IMO.

I own that one myself and agree with you, but it is pretty cool that an actual executive with TWD created a pinball shooter mod.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I got the Premium.

So how do you like the shots and flow? Potential in the software? I only got to play two games on it, so I could not get to deep into it, but I did like the shots from what I played.

Besides XM, we generally like the same type of pins so I'm curious.

#47 4 years ago

Oh boy I can't wait.
This machine has got a ton of potential with a great code update. Between that and the show voices (instead of the factory hillbilly voices) this game is going to be something special. Oh and the bicycle mod is killer too. Absolutely love the ramps on this game. They're like glass!

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think if you're going to have a legit complaint about them making more you have to refute the above quote. If you can find a place where Stern said that then post it up, we can see they're backsliding.
Otherwise I think it's totally fair game to make more.

I'm glad they are making more. Means TWD is still selling pretty good. It is a super cool game.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

With the tools provided by pinball browser, it should not be long for a preliminary "show voice" version to be created. New macro and you should be good. As with anything that seems simple, Murphy's Law may apply.

#50 4 years ago

I hope stern gets this code done whole distributors still have WWELE. The only reason I didn't get the WWE game was due to TWD being so incomplete and no sign it was going to ever be finished.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 690 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside