8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tatapolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2383 6 years ago

Besides the cheap looking toys and boring looking playfield LCD, my biggest disappointment is that the SW pinball doesn't have color changing leds everywhere! Only a few inserts are color changing. Is that correct? Why? Star Trek, WOZ, Hobbit and DI all show what a great lightshow you can get with that. Instead Stern is cutting costs/quality and raising prices. I'm out!

1 month later
#6209 6 years ago

I just returned from Freddy's Pinball Paradise and thought I might share my first impression especially regarding the hyperloop:

I think they had a very early LE software on it. And we were all asked not to take any photos and videos (I guess because of the early stage of the software, but I don't know exactly) So the use of the hyperloop might change in future versions.

I noticed the following ways the hyperloop was utilized: 1) You shoot a ball into the death star. The ball is then being hold so that you can select a mission. After you made your choice the ball would be coming back out of the death star dropping onto the playfield.

2) If you make the hyperspace hurry up shoot into the death star the ball is being shot around the hyperloop 4 or 5 times and then being fed to the right return lane and the right flipper. This was a bit underwhelming for me. It's very fast... but not interactive at all. You shoot a ball up there, watch it making it loops and that's it.

3) on a very rare occasion I noticed that someone made a shot up the ramp into the death star and the ball would be fed right back to the right flipper (so without making a loop). So it's basically another left ramp shoot bringing the ball back to the right flipper.

I never saw more than one ball in the hyperloop. But I guess that's just because no-one made it that far. One big downside for me was that if the Death Star ramp was up and you'd make the shot in the inner loop towards the backside of the ramp, the ramp would stop the ball, go down and release the ball. It seems like the ramp cannot go down fast enough so that it doesn't stop the ball in the inner loop. (If anybody knows what I mean ) But again maybe this can be solved by software or adjusting. I don't know.

#6212 6 years ago

Then yes, I think it's similar to the Supercharger. A lot of people were like "oh, wow, that's cool".

#6213 6 years ago

No, it was not used as a physical ball lock. Not that I've seen. That's exactly what I was hoping it to be. BUT... again... the machine was brutal. A lot of fast drains. Just a very few multiballs that I have seen. So it might be doing that. But as no one knew the rules we were not really good in making progress I think. We were trying to go for the Death Star but no one was close to destroy the Death Star. I left hours ago, maybe someone else made it in the meantime and has some additional impressions.

#6271 6 years ago

I wasn't aware that they only use a few music tracks from John Williams. But I just realized that by watching this gameplay video. What a bummer. I only counted the main theme, the imperial march and the end credits or rebel theme... that's it?? The rest is something else... which I don't like at all. Was about to order a Pro tomorrow. But I am not sure about that anymore.

2 weeks later
#6747 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Never seen a Death Star bug. I have gotten a bug before during Hoth Victory Multiball on .87 where it wouldn't end and the Hoth shot would add balls.

I was just about to ask here if it is a bug... Just played a game where I could restart victory multiball over and over again and Hoth never ended.

#6820 6 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Yea the light show is amazing! Anyone else having sound problems?

I was just about to ask here about sound problems. Quite a lot of times I only get sound from the subwoofer. The front speakers don't work. I checked connections but no issue there. After a couple of restarts it might work again. Any suggestions? Thx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tatapolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=tatapolus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.