8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 6 years ago

art looks terrible

#796 6 years ago

Is it possible that the hyperdrive thing slings the ball up behind the death star, through the hole in the upper right of the backbox, and then comes around in front of the flippers and back to the death start to "destroy it"?

That would be cool

#869 6 years ago

One thing I loved about GB was the world under the glass that Stern made. The sculpted city above the pops, the library, the containment unit, the firehall, etc... It felt like a game that was already modded out. Along with the amazing art package it looked like an in credible total package. Toy wise it does a lot of cool stuff...Slimer, magna slings, subway ramp, ecto goggles.

Aerosmith comes along and has an amazing art package. Nothing super innovative toy wise, but it was well implemented.

SW seems so empty. Not just the art package, but there is no world under glass feel. They had so much they could have done. It may have some tricks up it's sleeve and do some cool things that we can't discern from a few photos, but this was my dream theme and I'm very disappointed in Stern's effort based on what I've seen.

#1190 6 years ago

I think pinsiders are pretty fair when judging the look of a game.

Pinside reacted very positively to initial pics of:

Metallica, Kiss, GB, and Aerosmith

Pinside reacted in a negative way to the look of:

ACDC, GOT, SW, etc...

All we can judge is the look right now. It also appears to be pretty empty and void of features...but that could be perception only.

Reality could be a lot different. I'm probably going to get an LE, so I hope the callouts, rules, music, gameplay, and features are awesome. If all those things come together it could be incredible for those of of us that have SW as our grail theme.

#2658 6 years ago

It is crazy to me that the pro has no features or toys at all really. It could still be fun, but that is nuts to me.

It seems to me that this game is all abut the hyperspace feature, which could be really cool. The exploding death star could be ok with the right sound and lighting. The jump ramp/ball lock I like as well.

I really wish that standup target bank dropped (like destroying the death star's shield or something) and revealed a target or dropped down to a subway that fed into the kickout/scoop on the right. This game seems like it really could have used a couple more things.

#2950 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sterns loves to over embellish everything on their feature matrix charts, Star Wars most of all.
The plastic Death Star toy doesn't just have LED's, oh no but rather SUPER LASER WEAPON LED's! That isn't just a shot that turns right around, it's a Super Speed Loop!
My goodness, Stern lists some items twice just to make it seem like there's more to the game then there really is.
"Pop bumper array using 2 pops and 1 Sling"
"2 slings in traditional Pop Bumper area"
Slings are now a feature? They might as well list that the game has "Super threaded action screws" as well...

Agreed. I think it's hilarious. It reminds me of really old movie trailers or something.

1 week later
#3867 6 years ago

I was hoping to see a stream this week. Oh well, I guess the anticipation will just build a little more.

#3936 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I wouldn't call it an insult as much as a reality check and poking a bit of fun. It wouldn't be the first time LE's would sell out and then be followed by hate and disappointment. Actually to think about it I'm insulted that you're insulted...my god attack is a strong word. I think you need to lighten up a little.

Agreed. I'm getting an LE and I thought it was funny.

#4257 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Sorry if I missed the boat, but any video of the gameplay yet?

not yet, and no word of when there will be

2 weeks later
#5662 6 years ago

Has there been any news of when we might see premium/LE video?

#5715 6 years ago

It's probably wishful thinking, but it would be awesome to see something added in to the Premium/LE. A magnet in front of the target bank, a drop bank, even drops with a shot behind it would be something. That would probably solidify my LE purchase. I'm waiting in video, but thinking about getting out of the LE.

#5868 6 years ago

We're closing in on two months since the reveal of SW and still no Prem/LE video.

4 weeks later
#6856 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's the thing, and this is the core of my personal issue: no software, no art, no sound effects, no extensive game time is going to change the layout. And I'm bored with that Ritchie layout, I've owned it enough times, I've played it enough times. Obviously not that exact one, but close enough, no one is going to successfully argue otherwise with me. Flow flow flow. Okay, whatever. I'm looking for something else now.
Doesn't mean the game can't be fun, or that you are bored with it. By all means enjoy it. Some people are delighted it's a smooth and fast ramp shooting experience, happy for them. No snark, I really am.
I play pinball for the physical experience. The code matters, but the physical game layout comes first. I put my money on Total Nuclear Annihilation instead. It's not as deep as Star Wars, but I don't care, flipping it is something new and fun. That's what I want pinball to be, and I'm putting my money where my mouth is.
I'm tired of people brushing that off. Great, you like it, bless you and I wish you happiness with your game. My money is supporting new ideas, not overly familiar safe ones, and if that sounds harsh it's still the truth. Steve Ritchie is a god, always will be, but if he doesn't want to try new ideas I'm gonna stick with enjoying his previous games.
tl;dr Enjoy your game, stop telling me and others that our concerns aren't valid, the game is what it is and it's not changing. That's not bashing, it's just having an opinion and a principle and sticking to it. I've downsized my collection and half my games are still Sterns, but it takes more than a cool theme and being new and modern to make me want a game.

I agree. I own ACDC, which I think is his best game, and STLE. I think STLE is a great overall package and while not as good of game as ACDC, it has the warp ramp, which is one of my favorite shots in pinball. I owned SM for a couple of years as well. I don't feel like I need another Richie. I don't know, I might pick up a SW premium down the line...depends on where the game ends up code wise. I would probably sell ST at that time though. I hope the game ends up great, it was my #1 theme, but it's hard for me to shake the feeling that this was a cash grab from Stern.

2 weeks later
#7158 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Interesting point. Of all these expectations though ive never seen or heard anything that great other than extra toys mentioned etc. Wheres their magical alternative layout? Fine if they dont like it but could they come up with a better alternative? or at least explain in more detail what would have been better. More people just whinging to me than anything else.
Agree with the le, but is it the missing aestheitcs that was the problem? not gameplay or shots?

Off the cuff...I would remove the pops and take the mech from AFM and basically copy it and place in the general area where the standup bank/pops are now.

Then I would place a magnet in front of that. Stern does a great job programming magnets (GB, MET, AS, TWD, etc...) I would have that magnet programmed kind of like Sparky, but you could also have it grab the ball and enjoy a moment when the "shields" (the drop bank) are coming down.

None of that is new or original, but it would have been easy to do I would think, and could have been well implemented into the theme/code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 21.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=rockytop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.