8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 6 years ago

Wow rinse and repeat with reveal photos. It seems like the same old with people being underwhelmed with what they imagined it would be like. I have to admit I was hoping for a dark side and light side version and having light sabers on side rails. It looks cool but I am not sure about the LE on this one. I hyped myself up to purchase ST LE and tried to justify the differences but at the end of the day the Pro was just as good. I have a feeling that it will be similar circumstances for Star Wars. I have a LE on order but I am now open to seeing the differences in gameplay between the versions. I am not blown away-so Pro may be the way to go on this one? Time will tell but I am not getting caught up in the hype.

#219 6 years ago

I think it will flow well and it will be a fun game, my question is what features will stand out and make the Premium/LE special? If it is just color changing RGB and a hyperloop-woopee. If it has a unique feature that greatly affects game play then that is a different story. I was sold on GB LE because of the unique magnetic slings and the art package. So far I am not seeing that "something special". Interested to view the features matrix.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Wow - being a Star Wars fan and having bought 5 Stern LEs in the past, I thought SWLE would be a guaranteed purchase for me.
I'll hold final judgement until I see game play and better photos, but it's looking like a pass.
So disappointed!

Ditto

At 8K plus it is not looking bueno

#283 6 years ago

One thing is for sure Stern will need to provide protection for that LCD screen if not already in place. Otherwise we will see the modders come out of the woodworks trying to sell $20 pieces of plastic to protect what should have been protected in the first place.

#336 6 years ago

WTF-I just noticed no lolli-pop rails? Are you kidding me, with that light cabinet color it will get finger wear quickly. The only thing I can think of why Stern would omit them is so they force people to buy their after-market shit.

On a side note the LE backglass would look stellar with pulsating white LED's fading from center to outer edge, to make it appear like they are traveling in light speed. Modders-get started

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Definitive opinions....for looking at a few grainy photos.

Total DeJa Vu

I remember the shit storm when they released Star Trek. Exact same comments. Then people played it and for the most part it got good reviews and has become a great game(not a fantastic game but a great game nonetheless). For having to use licensed art it is what it is, wait until gameplay video becomes available and people may change their tune.

#382 6 years ago

Hey on a positive note I do believe this game will kill it on location, which is what we need to keep pinball alive. The theme goes a long way and operators will be grinning ear to ear.

#786 6 years ago

I wonder what the El paper will do for rails on LE and if it will be one color or multi-color?

Also will the extra wire form in front of flippers get annoying to look at, seems like they are there just to fly the ball around for lock for multi-ball? Extra visual effect or annoying addition?

Then there is the question about the integration of video modes. Will there be awesome video modes that utilize the full capabilities of the LCD screen?

Last but not least is the layout. I already have AC/DC and have played it for years. I am concerned that it may feel too similar, and give me a feeling of been there done that. Time will tell

#1142 6 years ago

Well I decided to pass on my LE, I had a gut feeling that it was not for me. I really did not want to pay over 8K for a rehashed AC/DC. So disappointed, like a kid at Christmas who gets a pair of socks. Oh well, so many good titles out there. I am now leaning towards Houdini. Anyone selling older HUO pins to buy SW-hit me up (;

#1503 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

The point is, it's NOT a discussion. It's a slam-fest.

Quoted from kid_ego:

The key, to me, is how the opinion is delivered and whether you're willing to hear and accept the opinions of others, especially when they don't align with yours.

Yes this^^^^

This is a forum(or message board)- an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. When someone post is it all supposed to be positive and one sided? Nothing but rainbows on Pinside with positive remarks-please. Why do you log onto Pinside Forum? Is it to read about other people's opinions and perhaps to comment with your own opinions. Pinside is a pinball forum not a disease. If you don't like it and think it is too negative, then do not participate- simple as that. For me Pinside is awesome and I enjoy reading comments that are both positive and negative. If you get offended easily or have thin skin then you should probably not participate. Your own opinion at the end is what counts. Make decisions and base opinions on what you think, not what others think-that's what makes Pinside great.

Grainy photos or high definition photos-who cares? If people have an opinion then they are free to express that opinion. It may change when they get a chance to play it in person-yes captain obvious. All of these comments whether positive or negative are based on the initial impressions of these leaked photos. Steve can say Pinside is a disease and I can say I think Stern's Marketing department is a joke and my 7 year old daughter could do a better job.

#1510 6 years ago

I am curious about what kind of time restraint Stern puts on their designers for creating a pinball machine? Do they have years or months? Sterns goal is to produce 3-4 titles per year. It does not appear like they have the resources to accomplish this goal with original titles without implementing other measures such as vault editions(re-runs of old titles) or by modifying the design of previous machines(re-hashing). To design a machine from the ground up takes a lot of time and effort and it makes a game unique. To take certain elements or features from previous games is one thing but to copy layout and ramps seems like taking the easy road? Yes it will probably play different with the tweaks but it will probably feel similar as well. Family Guy and Shrek come to mind as the blatant re-theme from Stern. Kiss and Aerosmith, now AC/DC and Star Wars.....The list goes on and on.

#1527 6 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

It's a place where pinball collectors/fans/operators say shit they wouldn't say to your face, some truths, some not. Stern should view it as a potential to sell 1000 pinballs .....

Everybody at Stern including Steve should praise Pinside. Pinside has sold thousands of their machines for them. Pinside is directly responsible for many collections doubling and tripling over the years. Praise Pinside!

#1550 6 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

In my opinion, if you want to integrate video, the Highway screen is a much cooler way of doing it.

With respect I completely disagree. I do not care for the LCD in the playfield and I think it is a distraction. The mini LCD on top of playfield could be cool depending on how well it is integrated with video and target interaction.

I hope LCD's in the playfield do not become the 'thing'

#2090 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Maybe, but I think it's going to be a neat effect seeing the ball flying by.

Just showed the video to my daughter, she thought the hyperloop was awesome. I think this title will do well in public.

That video Stern produced is really bad. WTF did they mix in slow motion or is the table set with a 5.0 pitch?

I thought something would be revealed that would make me change my tune and that is not the case. I was thinking badass light up side-rails-nope. I also thought that the Death Star would have a cool laser projector-nope.

Having to hit button to destroy tie fighters-Pew Pew Pew-lame

Sorry but high def photos and cheesy video did not change my mind. The only thing left to do now is play it to make a final decision.

#2102 6 years ago

I am wondering if Steve was put on a tight leash for this title? Did Stern give Steve like 6 months to complete this game? Did Steve have a budget to work with? Mabye all of the attention went into the new LCD on playfield? No magnets on Star Wars is sacrilegious, where is the Force-C'mon. I am loving my Ghostbusters with random magnetic slings-such a fantastic game. Steve should have implemented magnets for Star Wars-Doh.

#2123 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking premium as well even though I have LE on order
800 LEs is not limited and has zero value

If you love the theme and think it is a game you will enjoy, then why not pull the trigger on an LE? It should hold it's value, with only 400 for the US. The only way it would drop in value is if there was a major issue with lack of code or mechanical issue from factory like GOT left orbit on Premium/LE models. If Star Wars is good it should appreciate in value-so no harm done? People jumping in on Pro's and Premiums I am scratching my head? What is the hurry? You will have plenty of time to make an educated decision and maybe even get to play it in person first before purchasing one? I think a lot of people are getting googly eyed because of the theme. Everyone loves Star Wars including myself but I will sit on this one for awhile before jumping into the pool. If you are not buying an LE or an operator putting one on location why not wait and see?

#2627 6 years ago

I keep thinking for $1000 more than the LE you can buy two NIB Stern Pro machines. Would I rather have a SW LE or a SW Pro and a GOT Pro or Aerosmith Pro? How cool will the hyperloop and exploding Death Star be? $4000 cool? TBD

#2633 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

I think the Pro is looking a lot better the more I look at it

I think it is the best looking with the translight and red trim around backboard.

Stern's cost cutting on the SW LE is laughable. Sorry folks no mirror backglass, shaker or lighted side-rails but we will throw in some swag to make it up to you-how about some free extra translights.

face palm.jpgface palm.jpg

#2918 6 years ago

It is concerning that Gary did not want any video shared. What is the conspiracy? Or is it another beta code situation? Has me wondering what's up?

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Many, including myself, would take a mirrored backglass over 3 translites

Can I add Outrageous, Egregious, and Proposterous

Outrageous.jpgOutrageous.jpg

2 weeks later
#3928 6 years ago

I am still waiting to be able to play the game and hoping code is decent.

Waiting.jpgWaiting.jpg

1 week later
#4711 6 years ago

Well the Hyperloop and Exploding Death Star are really going to have to impress me, because the Pro looks like it may be the way to go-best light show yet for a Pro model.

#5076 6 years ago

I think if GB did not have ladders Rare might like it. I actually like the ladders because I like difficult games in my home environment. I enjoy the difficulty of the progression and I absolutely love my GB LE! Different strokes for different folks. I think Rare has nightmares of GB playing in his head over and over-Ok who brought the dog.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is a Star Wars thread. Could you please forget about GB for 2 minutes

Let the Hate Flow.pngLet the Hate Flow.png

#5086 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't like repetition

If you don't like the repetition with GB then you are giving up too easily or too soon. The best part about GB is the progression. As Steve would say you need to play better. GB kicks my ass and I love it. I want to come back for more and I have not come even close to wizard mode yet. So for me that keeps my interest. Yes I have heard Ok who brought the Dog a million times but when you have a break away game it feels very rewarding. The unique layout and magnetic slings make this title unique and it is a keeper for me. I don't see myself ever getting bored with GB LE.

#5099 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

One of the most overblown tear fests on Pinside...and that's saying something.

It really is not a big deal. I bought a remote control and when I turn it on with the remote newbies say " OMG- you have a remote control-awesome" Wholly technology Batman

#5109 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

This is the Star Wars thread. If you want to discuss another pinball machine, please open a new thread or join one of the many discussion about Ghostbusters, Dialed In, Aliens,etc.

Stay On Target..........

If I could find a good location near me I would put a SW Pro on location

Stay on Target.pngStay on Target.png

4 weeks later
#6441 6 years ago

I am hoping that SW Premium/LE can be saved with some software tweaks and not having a permanent mechanical issue plague it. The hyper drive looks cool if it would work correctly. I am sure the light did not go off on Death Star due to glitch with programming? Everyone is worried about how difficult it is to destroy Death Star, that is probably the least of the worries for this machine. A simple fix in programming and they will probably change it from 6 hits down to 3. I actually like the level of difficulty to destroy it. If it takes a Pro player several games to destroy it with current code-that is a pretty difficult task. I like games that are difficult for the home setting. If it is for the public on location, they will definitely need to tweak the code. Hopefully they keep an option in menu for difficulty level to destroy the Death Star. I honestly am praying that this game turns into a winner-fingers crossed.

1 week later
#6759 6 years ago

Will somebody please shoot some good video of LE gameplay and post it to Youtube. Would like to see more Hyperloop action and Deathstar lighting upon explosion?

fb.jpgfb.jpg

2 months later
#7330 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Go pro on this game all the way. The fork ramp is a joke. The hyperloop is awful. I had balls fall out of it when I was lucky enough to actually make the shot and not have it reject. To think that they charge extra for problems is insane. Very poor testing on this.

Thank you. It is nice to finally hear some honesty from a Premium/LE owner. People have been trying to defend SW like it was one of their children that was being picked on. I really want one but I am thinking it is a pass for me now. It is one thing to deal with beta code(I can handle pre mature code) but I can't stand games with mechanical issues that should have been corrected long before the game ever left the factory. This is Steve Ritchie's second title in a row with major mechanical issues

Have I mentioned how disappointed I am. I am really bummed that my dream theme has turned out to be mediocre at best. I have a gut feeling that Stern will not be able to turn this title around(at least for Premium/LE-there may be a sliver of hope for the pro).

#7333 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

SW doesn't have any mechanical issues

It is funny how every game has that one person that is the "Cheerleader" for the title. Pinside crusaders unite!

#7336 6 years ago

It is only pinball and it is only a game. People get so sensitive on Pinside trying to defend their beloved pinball machines. Relax I want to love Star Wars and I would love to purchase one. We can agree to disagree when it comes to the issues Star Wars is having. To say there are no mechanical issues when clearly many have stated issues with their machines is being ignorant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.