Topic Stats

• 7,454 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 861 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62061B38-8060-4461-8F4D-242BD9B0E9BC (resized).jpeg
23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg
DEF89B43-B640-4E42-8635-9BD608064D63 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2974 (resized).JPG
IMG_2973 (resized).JPG
IMG_2972 (resized).JPG
samualbracket (resized).jpg
IMG_0221 (resized).JPG
F272AAB4-3533-43FB-82D6-710295326A3D (resized).jpeg
8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (2 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (2 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (2 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (2 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (2 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#638 3 years ago

It still looks like a fun pin but it doesn't look like a home run at least off the bat. I think with great code it could be, but we will have to wait and see. It really depends on theme immersion and how much excitement the rules bring. If the ruleset is as good as GOT and it has great theme integration I would probably pick up a Pro in the future. The Pro seems like a good value considering it has 2 LCD screens and can be bought for Aerosmith Pro money.

#1596 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Rather see Elwin do Guardians then Trudeau.

Agreed. I can't wait to see Keith's game! I'm sure he'll make sure the ruleset is great too no matter who programs it.

#1601 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I hope not. GotG deserves a "world under the glass" not another wide-open playfield.

I'll believe Smassa on this one since he's buds with KME. I think the Archer layout is great and I'm excited to see it in a production game!

Besides isn't Trudeau doing "The Beatles" with Chris Franchi art. The only question is which game is coming out first!

#1606 2 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Is that for sure? All I heard was The Beatles was Trudeau's dream theme and Franchi was working on a big "reach" license facilitated for Kamikow. That would be really cool if those two things came together.

It's not for sure but my intuition is telling me it is probably happening. The Beatles is also one of the themes Kapow hinted as doing. It's either that or Willy Wonka but my gut tells me it's Beatles.

My guess for the 3rd upcoming Stern title is Iron Maiden by Borg and Zombie Yeti. And of course Elvira 3 is already confirmed.

Exciting times at Stern Pinball!

#1629 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think Guardians is next
Trudeau supposedly did Iron Maiden with Yeti
My first choice would be Borg and Franchi on Beatles but I do love my GB!

Yeah I meant Yeti on IM. For some reason I wrote Donny's name. I know ZY has been actively working on a Stern project and I have one of his Iron Maiden posters hanging in my game room.

You could be right on Trudeau doing IM. I know he is into music. Just seemed to fit Borg better and I figured Trudeau would be up for a game (Beatles being the natural fit) before IM comes out.

#1639 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree, stern outdone themselves, and SW doesn't have the same initial WOW factor as the others. If you had to bet on gameplay though, and rules, how could you bet against SR? SW looks really aren't that bad, just not as pretty as the other two.

Yeah 5 years ago I'd go do far as to say SW had a great art package but ever since Metallica came out the bar has been raised by the Dirty Donny's, the Zombie Yeti's, and Chris Franchi's of the Pinball World. The art these guys are doing is better than anything we've seen since the early 80s.

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

GoT-LE was the only game I ever sold at a loss. I see the same for richie's newest release.

Shouldn't pretty much all used games sell for less than they cost NIB? At least that's how it works for everything else we purchase. Just buy pins to enjoy them and don't think of them as investments.

#1712 2 years ago

Does anyone have any guesses on how the Death Star will function on the LE/Premium? I assume that the normal function will be that balls will pass through it and return to the left inlane but when you lock a ball maybe the ball is diverted below and physically locked in the horseshoe? Since it appears that there is a video mode that starts in the horseshoe there must be something that pops up and holds the ball? It's either that or some kind of pop up ramp that allows you to shoot the death star from below? Either way, we should know tomorrow once more pics are shared!

#2035 2 years ago

I'm considering the Pro model. I like that it has 2 LCD's and also 13 color changers as well as the multi-zone GI. It's really just missing the cool ball lock (hyperspace) and the exploding Death Star (big whoop!) not sure if those things as well as some cosmetic ships and a controlled gate are really worth it? The Pro should essentially be the same game and should play even faster! It just seems like it could use a toy.

#2222 2 years ago

What are people getting for Pro quotes? PM me if you don't want to post. I was hoping to buy one for $5200 like AS but will buy a different used game if they jacked up the price?

1 month later
#5030 2 years ago

My prediction is that the Pro is going to end up being the model everyone wants much like it is on GOT. I think the hyperloop will be more of a nuisance than anything (similar to NASCAR) and the plastic ramps will flow better and smoother than the metal ramps on the Pre/LE.

I think the game looks great and I'm considering a Pro. The biggest thing holding me back is that I just bought an ACDC and I'm not sure if I want half of my Stern games to have basically the same layout? I kinda want to wait and see what Keith's game is like too. If it is anything like his Archer layout it could be amazing, especially on the chance that it could also feature Lyman on rules!

#5038 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I think the pro is bare of interactive toys and im not willing to pay an extra 2k(in my case) to get the loop which makes me pass on this game all together. Im sure im not the only one. So sterns loses on both counts . i looked the gameplay feed and got biard of looking at it after 20 minutes. Hit the button, make the death star loop, pick a mode...rinse repeat.

Interactive toys can be overrated. Look at a game like AFM. How many toys does it have that directly affect gameplay? There's no magnets to speak of. It's just a 3 bank target and some lights and bouncy aliens and bouncing saucer. I think SW looks fast and fun and there are plenty of games with interactive toys that I would prefer it to.

1 week later
#5631 2 years ago

The one I played yesterday on .83 software had a similar issue. Game was set at $1 a play and I stuck in a $5 and only got 3 credits. I didn't care at the time because I was excited to play it but if it's a bug I hope it gets taken care of.

#5721 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I don't see any value in the premium

I agree. One thing that seems to be lacking on the Premium that the Pro has is the really cool captive ball shot at the Deathstar. I think instead the Premium has the jump ramp for the Hyperdrive which also has the potential to be cool, but I think I would miss having the captive ball as that is really satisfying to hit.-It reminds me of the captive ball in Avatar and gives an extra toy to the Pro which makes it seem not as sparse.

My prediction is that this will be a game like GOT where the Pro ends up being the more preferred model to actually play. The ramps will be smoother and faster (plastic vs. metal) and the Hyperdrive has the potential to add more noise and some visual clutter to your sightlines vs. the cleaner and more simple play of the Pro.

#5727 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I wonder - GOT Premium has very different play due to the upper playfield. Time will tell but it doesn't look like SW Pro/Premium play will really be that different.

You're right. Gameplay will be very similar. Only major difference in gameplay will be the jump ramp on the Premium/LE vs. the captive ball on the Pro. Really, everything on the Prem/Le is riding on the Hyperdrive. To me it seems like one of those features that may be really cool at first but is more trouble than it's worth. For example it could become obnoxious to have balls circling around the playfield all the time (imagine Nascar's track but all the time). I also wonder how locked balls will be handled for multi-player games. Will they drain between balls or will they continue to be locked and other plays get "virtual locks" instead? Pro just seems more straight forward and doesn't risk alienating the player due to noise or sightlines (having to look over the hyperdrive).

#5739 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Wrong. It kicks it back on the Prem/LE.
I think GoT Premium is more fun to play, but if you get one, make sure you fix the diverter issue so you can make left orbits properly to finish Martell. Stern never fixed it and just made an option to disable it in the code, which is dumb.

The Prem/LE kicks it back but it is missing the up-post that turns the shot into a captive ball shot which the Pro has. It's similar to the captive ball shot on SW Pro that the LE/Premium also seems to be missing in favor of the jump ramp.

#5865 2 years ago

Since there doesn't appear to be any valid reason to turn multipliers off (except for when you move them), wouldn't it just make sense to leave them "on" all of the time and just use the lockdown button to shift them over one spot to the right with every press? -it would greatly simplify the process.

#5874 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That seems to be a better idea and could easily be integrated. They could just lock out the ability to move the multiplier while hitting the button for TIE Fighters so it doesn't send the multiplier all over the place during that sequence.

I really don't even care if the multiplier still moves during "Tie Fighters". It's better than turning the multipliers on and off all the time like how it is currently implemented. There's been a few times where I've forgot to turn them back on again after doing the Tie Fighter hurry-up which likely caused me to lose significant points.

The only way it makes sense to leave it as-is if if you had a way to "lock-In" or pause the multiplier timers and save them for when you really need them vs. having them grow and decay whether the multipliers are turned on or off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside