8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koops.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

wheres R2-D2 ?

On the playfield itself!

#514 6 years ago

Really weird art choices on the playfield.

Group of "4 heroes". Luke, leia, Han .... Chewie or obi would have been the obvious choices. The R2/3po duo elsewhere sings etc.

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Yea, but with Buttaface, you can turn out the lights or use a paper bag........you can't play pinball in the dark unless you are a ........ Pinball Wizard.......

Urrr use the force?

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Well yes and no. The negativity seems to come quickly with these reveals but I think this is a grail pin for a lot of people and they're just disappointed by the unveiling.

Just poorly handled when they have sooo much secrecy about titles and then info comes out via a third party which potentially harms the product.

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's like a non-Star Wars fan designed it.

Out of all the themes you'd KNOW fans are
going to pick apart this is probably one of the least you'd want to throw someone unfamiliar with the theme the art job.

As I said before, how they've grouped characters together on the pf just seemed odd.

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

At LEAST they've learned that including the long-style shooter lane takes away one extra shot. By having it spit out early, it freed up the real estate for the scoop lane on the right.

They could have always reused the desw style jumping/ramped shooting lane

#1040 6 years ago

Would have people preferred trilogy style art?

Sort of like this?

IMG_0120 (resized).PNGIMG_0120 (resized).PNG

IMG_0121 (resized).PNGIMG_0121 (resized).PNG

IMG_0119 (resized).PNGIMG_0119 (resized).PNG

#1505 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I bet with enough research you could round up all the stock pictures given to sten and used on birthday plates

Looks like you've just found a pack of 10 disposable toppers

#1607 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Well said.
He could phrase it, "Don't let the leaked low res pics fool you. Wait til you see it in person and see the gameplay. I think you're going to love it. I mean, it's Star Wars!"
But he didn't.

Yeah but my response would be "don't release postage stamp size pictures then! Perhaps release a gameplay video?".

Stern, please do some proper marketing atleast for your big name releases :/

#1608 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

If not for the low resolution photos and all of these mainly negative reactions, Stern would not have nearly the exposure or hype. Many say their PR department is stupid but I challenge that to say genius.
The bar was set high with expectation and it has now been dropped back down with low res photos and disappointment. Things can only get better from here and I anticipate it will.

Lol.

“Aim low, reach your goals, and avoid disappointment.”
— Scott Adams

#2531 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

The only thing i gained from that video is that Gary gives bad interviews and called Han Solo "Hans"

Also Disney bought stars wars from Lucas for 4 million. What a bargain

#2542 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I assume you are either trying to be funny or may wanna look up the sale price again.
My bad I just saw that video. Must have been happy hour in the U.K. Lol

No I wasn't joking. The I had to listen to it a few times as I thought he was revealing his ip cost he paid Disney.

#2628 6 years ago
Quoted from packards34:

Just noticed this machine in the pics above doesn't have the ramp that loops around the playfield...

You mean the hyperloop?

It was shown at a trade show so they only took the pro version.

3 weeks later
#4238 6 years ago

2 (resized).png2 (resized).png
1 (resized).png1 (resized).png3 (resized).png3 (resized).png6 (resized).png6 (resized).png4 (resized).png4 (resized).png5 (resized).png5 (resized).png9 (resized).png9 (resized).png7 (resized).png7 (resized).png8 (resized).png8 (resized).png10 (resized).png10 (resized).png11 (resized).png11 (resized).png12 (resized).png12 (resized).png13 (resized).png13 (resized).png

#4415 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Why does DI come up nearly as often as SW in this thread? (That's rhetorical, please don't answer). I'm in for a SWLE and the truth is I'll probably end up with a DI at some point because this hobby is a sickness.
Back on point somewhat, there was mention of test play footage on Facebook. Was that a different video than the one that ended with them showing the playfield and putting serial numbers into the software interface?

Just the new pins on the block so people are looking at their options.

On one hand something you can (probably?) get one and it already exists on several locations to have a test play to see if you like it vs something we've only really seen photos of and only second hand reports of how it plays.

So not really a good comparison from a customer point of view.

But.... it's a sw pin and I'll get an le even if I regret it later and move it on, just because I'm an idiot/sw fanatic

#4633 6 years ago

Unusual music choice.

#4661 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The game looks very fun to shoot, the scoring looks wonky as all get out though.
Video clips look great, but Stern's "animations" are brutally weak. Static pictures that drag across the screen are rough. TIE Fighters shouldn't wiggle in space. The Slave I going across the screen looked like cheeseball stuff every time, especially during that hyperspace mode. The fonts, especially the ones that say things like "parry successful" all look horribly out of place with the Star Wars theme.
Aside from that, the video clips and most of the presentation with the menus, the actual playfield layout, and THE SOUND seem to be really good.
This should be a fun one to play, and I expect it to be all over the place.
Oh, and clean this up.

Need to drop a few zeros of some of the scores. 4 billion as bonuses... wtf holy cow.

I did notice multiple music tracks play over the top of themselves during that medal/victory laps too. I think I heard 3 at once plus normal shot effects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koops.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=koops and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.