8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

One thing I loved about GB was the world under the glass that Stern made. The sculpted city above the pops, the library, the containment unit, the firehall, etc... It felt like a game that was already modded out. Along with the amazing art package it looked like an in credible total package. Toy wise it does a lot of cool stuff...Slimer, magna slings, subway ramp, ecto goggles.
Aerosmith comes along and has an amazing art package. Nothing super innovative toy wise, but it was well implemented.
SW seems so empty. Not just the art package, but there is no world under glass feel. They had so much they could have done. It may have some tricks up it's sleeve and do some cool things that we can't discern from a few photos, but this was my dream theme and I'm very disappointed in Stern's effort based on what I've seen.

Ditto this. It's not necessarily the art I don't like, but lack of cool gadgets and toys. Was totally hoping for an echto version of force ghosts on playfield among a zillion other ideas. Trying really hard to reserve judgement until I see it play.

#889 6 years ago

How long typically before dead flip shows this?

#1002 6 years ago

It's growing on me. I'm thinking premium, but do have an Le spot. Wish we knew street prices. What was AS street for premium and LE?

#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Hey maybe there's a mist multiball style magnet that carries balls across the playfield that represents AT-ATs that need to be taken down before they reach the other side. Can't tell from these pics.

I wish. Premium is starting to grow on me. Can't wait to get details and video on it.

#1065 6 years ago

Any hi res updated pics yet?

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So, since the rumors indicate that the art isn't the same on both sides, what do you all think will be the art on the opposite sides of each model?

You can see the other side of art for the LE in the picture featuring Steve and Dwight. I really can't tell what it is though. Hoping the premium is another really cool picture.

#1635 6 years ago

Why does everyone keep saying it's Photoshop or clip art? It clearly looks to be a photo realistic drawn artwork. I think the art is fine. My only concern is lack of toys. Hopefully some not so obvious features are in the game. On another note, I was at a family event tonight and was showing my brother in law pics of SW. He's a huge SW geek, but not a pinhead at all. His opinion was that he thought the game looked awesome and he would totally be into it if he seen it out somewhere. My point is that most people won't care about the art or layout. I'm actually really excited to see gameplay. I really just hope it's extremely emersive, and exciting. Is it as beautiful as AS or packed like GB? Of course not, but neither is any other stern. I have high hopes and excitement for this game, and it's sad to think a designer potentially reads these negative comments towards him at times. I'm pumped.

#1637 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Just comparing pics from Stern's own site of GB and AS with SW it seems apparent to me why there has been a hesitant initial reaction.

I agree, stern outdone themselves, and SW doesn't have the same initial WOW factor as the others. If you had to bet on gameplay though, and rules, how could you bet against SR? SW looks really aren't that bad, just not as pretty as the other two.

#1638 6 years ago

Also...dang those are beautiful machines.

#1641 6 years ago

I totally agree. Metallica changed everything, followed up eventually with GB and now AS. Seriously beautiful game. So nice that I've strongly considered getting AS over SW at this point. I never ever would have thought that a year ago, but I am now. SW is my dream theme, and first impression was disappointing compared to the first time I seen AS and GB. I do still like the looks of SW. This is honestly what I was sort of expecting as far as looks. I was nervous leading up release thinking what a good SW game would be like. I didn't expect AS style art, but had hoped for it. My only real concern at this point is fun factor and if fun makes up for the lack of toys.

#1644 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I played AS this weekend at CJs and my heart sank at what could've been with Star Wars. Good lord that game is beautiful!

Was it as fun as everyone says? Asking for a friend.

#1703 6 years ago

I wonder how soon dead flip knows a streaming date.

#1891 6 years ago

Where is the video?

#2732 6 years ago

I'm in on a SW LE, but I'll back up anybody that says ALL the jjp games are far superior quality and detailed compared to any stern. AS is the closest stern has come. That said, I'm pretty pumped for my SW. FYI, I also like GB.

#2836 6 years ago

The whole Hobbit comparison to EVERY new game is ridiculously stupid. Hobbit is it's own game. Leave it be. I get some people don't like the layout. Oh well. Tons do. Some people hate GB. Tons don't. Get over it. I can say from an unbiased opinion, as an OWNER of both jjp hobbit and woz pins, and 2 newer sterns in acdc premium, and Metallica pro, that side by side, jjp blows the other 2 out in all aspects except fun factor. Fun factor is completely subjective, and I truly have as much fun on all the same. I like the fast pace Stern's, but I also like a quest style jjp game. I love both companies, and so I can fairly say jjp has a superior product. Yeah, jjp takes longer to develop, and they do one game a year. I never hear the same level of whining about quality control, or incomplete code though compared to the 4 Stern's put out every year. Again, I'm in on a stern SW LE, but I can honestly say I believe most people would have loved to see jjps take on SW. I know I would have. Now, I'm going to go immerse myself into the variety of pinball each machine offers.

#2840 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Right now its more like every 3 years but thats ok, "build quality"

Where did you get your math diploma? DI announcement was what, around October/November. Jack promised 2nd quarter shipping. Jack made good. So now you're criticising a New start up company's volume compared to a company that's been full steam for 30 years. With your math major, can you calculate the time differential on how long it took jjp vs stern to get the playfield quality right? Woz had 1st run issues sure, but quickly fixed it. Stern again, 30 years and still having more issues than I have time to list. Again, can't be mad at me either, because I love both companies, support both companies, but facts are facts. Jjp games are a better build, more fully packed, and have excellent code. Stern has hit on some great games lately, but they've also struck out on a bunch to. Anyway, back to SW.

#2850 6 years ago

I heard a stern brand lighting mod will be available for the LE back glass to give hyperspace effect. Anybody else hear or know any more about it?

#2948 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

People need to stop calling JJP a new start up they are a 6 yr old company on game 3 not a new start up

You're correct. Jjp is now the real deal. My point was simply stating that people were criticising jjp for taking too much time getting games out. The timeframe in which they are referencing is during the initial start up period. Kind of unfair to criticize any company at start-up. Now as a more seasoned company, it's been about a half year from announcement of di to shipping. Much better. Enough bringing up jjp posts now, just stick to star wars bud.

#2964 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

It would help if Jack did not announce the next game at expo but wait till some time from Dec through Mar

I don't personally have a problem with expo announcement. It honestly gives them time to then put out for testing, and then make adjustments before shipping. I think it really helps towards a better finished product. It sucks to have to wait though, but typically worth it.

As for SW shots, it does look to have a great deal of shots. I'm really excited to see dead flip streaming this.

#3359 6 years ago

Was gone camping all weekend. Still no announcement on a streaming date?

#3365 6 years ago

I'm one that prefers quest style code. I don't care about a high score outside of a tournament, so I need a bigger objective. I definitely prefer Keith's games. Woz, Hobbit, tspp and others give me objectives that an average player like myself can always aim for and will probably never fully see everything. Now that said, they are long games, and I like to mix it up with a good ass kicking sometimes from my acdc or Metallica. I'm really hoping SW is the best of both with a quest type code, but not overly long play time. I find myself playing the short acdc Metallica style the most, but prefer the mode based games in the long run.

#3375 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Kinda sounds to me like you're expecting too much, in my opinion. I hope you're not disappointed.
While I dont have any idea of how code will go, this playfield layout is very similar to ACDC.
I'm hoping that this will be closest to Met/ACDC in terms of speed and flow and doubt that it will be a game anywhere near to TSPP, WoZ, Hobbit, etc.
You sure you're not better off with a Dialed In? Seems to me DI might be a better fit for your tastes.

I don't think I'm hoping for more than what it really is. I prefer the quest games long term, but still love acdc Metallica style. I'm hoping for a combination similar to where you are progressing through the 3 movies with the final wizard mode destroying the death star. My family is a SW house hold, so regardless of style, we're going to love this game. I do honestly like the di gameplay, but it's not star wars. So far, it sounds like a good amount of modes and multi balls with one final wizard mode, so I'm crossing my fingers that it is very immersive.

#3472 6 years ago

Any close up pics of translites? Mainly interested in premium one.

#3633 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

What happens if you live to 70?

D'oh!!

#3778 6 years ago

Any close up pics if the premium back glass yet?

#3798 6 years ago

How is there still no video stream announcement date yet?

#3889 6 years ago

Crazy how people could potentially get games in hand before even seeing ANY gameplay footage. For crying out loud, where's the footage? I'm not buying anything before seeing it first.

#3893 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's the beauty of it. You don't have to buy it ahead of it time. Usually a good practice.
They are shipping soon so you'll see plenty of video soon enough.

I agree, but I'm in on an LE, smart or not, and distributors want commitments now. Hard to commit without seeing it. Pro buyers are in same boat if they are shipping now. How after 2 years they don't have something to show is beyond me. I'm still in, but I can't justify sending money for an LE until footage is revealed. Guess we'll see. I wouldn't buy a pro either without seeing it play first.

#3895 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's the LE gamble and Stern don't need to show footage to sell LEs, plenty of people like you that are "in" on an LE. Pro buyers are certainly not in the same boat no deposit needed or commitment for a pro or premium, btw I am not criticising I have done the LE faith gamble plenty of times, thankfully Stern didn't offer enough with SWLE so I've officially dropped my LE.

I agree with you totally. When I said pro guys are in same boat, it's not exactly the same of course. I was meaning that distributors will be calling their customers with pros in stock that some guys ordered. No footage, but your pro is in. Good luck. Yeah, they can hold off easily unlike Le buyers, but somebody has to jump in first without seeing it. I'm sure footage will be up soon, it's just frustrating to anxiously wait to see a game we've been waiting years already for. What's another week or two right? The whole announcement to me seems botched, but like you said, star wars will sell regardless and stern knows that.

#3897 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have spent the last 2 weeks going backwards and forwards between LE or Premium, finally deciding Premium it's almost a relief can sit back watch and wait. But I wish all LE buyers the best of luck as always it would be great to see good code on release and a killer game.

Same here. Back and forth. I prefer Le looks wise, but know it's probably not worth the difference. It's too much money to gamble with imo. I'm confident it will be good, but prefer to see it first. I thought the same with going premium. Would be nice to sit back with no time frame to decide.

#3899 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Doubt it is botched at all. They just had to get their 2 cents in and maybe sway a couple of sales in while all the news was happening at JJP and CGC.

True. I can see that. It's going to be extremely successful regardless. It just doesn't seem to be good business practice towards customers is all.

#3974 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

$10 says lucasfilms is preventing Stern from releasing a gameplay video. Same thing happened with SWE1.

For what possible reason though?

#3976 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

For the videoclips i geuss.

But if stern already has over 400 video clips in game, and it's all 30+ year old footage, then WTH? This whole release is just so strange. Stern wouldn't let anybody film ANY footage of that pro at the show a couple weeks ago, and they aren't showing anything. It's just so strange and frustrating.

#3991 6 years ago

It's just odd that dead flip said it would be soon, and he was looking for a han solo costume last minute. That was a couple weeks ago already, and still no scheduled streaming date. It sounded like he was going to be able to stream it, so what happened? If he doesn't stream this week, then I would imagine owners of pro's will have theirs next week. It's all just odd.

#3998 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

When I originally asked my distro he said last week of June or first week of July, but that was also right when the game got officially announced so that might have changed if there was a delay in parts or something.

That's what I was told along with Le shipping end of July to early August. Pro's were scheduled to go out soon.

#4004 6 years ago

Curious if anyone can tell if the powder coating on the Le is a straight black, or if it has any type of flake or something for a star effect in it? I'm guessing straight black.

Edit.. I found it as gloss black on the description site. Just thought some star effect in paint could be cool.

#4007 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's one slow f-ing boat.

Must have a broken hyper drive

#4012 6 years ago

It's been 26 days since images released and still not a single video. The padawans patiences are wearing thin.

#4014 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Too bad Stern doesn't give a shit, they have sold plenty already and will sell more before any gameplay video is released.

Yep. That's exactly right

#4063 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My Distributor told me today that STERN wanted to send pros missing parts, that would later be sent to be attached..
Missing Death Star may be the reason!?

You serious?

#4102 6 years ago

All this debating on which company is better or offers more value reminds me of the old school yard argument as kids. Sega Genesis vs super Nintendo. Stern would be Sega. It was always faster, pumped out a ton of games, more violence but was never the highest quality. Jjp is Nintendo. Fewer games, system was slower play, family oriented, but the games were definitely better in overall quality. I was a Genesis guy arguing how we were faster, and more adult oriented games, and just better. Eventually I learned that I prefer the snes quality better. I look at this analogy and realize that some people will stay forever faithful to one company no matter what. I personally love both jjp and stern. They each provide a product that meets needs of different types of people. Enjoy both, but don't talk trash about the other. It's a great time to be in this hobby, just like the early 90's was for a video game kid. Flip on.

#4106 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That analogy works well although you left out Nintendo even today like JJP seems geared towards women and children, I'll take Sega.

Lol. I said jjp was family oriented. Like I said, I love both. Nintendo has a strong formula using classic family friendly franchises like Zelda, Mario, donkey Kong, and most new versions of these are played mostly by adults in their 30-40's. I appreciate a good adult theme now and then to, but still enjoy the family friendly ones to. Keep in mind to, star wars was originally made as a children's fantasy story to.

#4107 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

ody films a Star Wars Pro that has light saber decals on the plastic ramps

That's really interesting. I'll have to look for that. I wonder what changes to the death star could possibly be.

#4109 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Would be cool if the Premium/LE would add the magnet in front of the LCD target bank back like in the original sketches.

There was a magnet originally? Is there a copy of these sketches anywhere? That would be cool with a magnet.

#4130 6 years ago

Very interesting. I've never seen these before. Thanks for posting.

#4133 6 years ago

I prefer jjps model better, but would like to see them get to two games a year while not sacrificing the quality. Stern I wouldn't mind if they backed off a game every year in order to put more into the games they release. I can't afford a new game every year anyway, so the selection after a year or two would be better and higher quality. I'm probably more concerned with saturation of the market when they put out so many.

#4137 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern is trying to maximize profits. You do that with decreasing the Direct Costs, increasing price or both. Doesn't matter if they make 1 game a year or 10, their goal wouldn't change. So if Star Wars was the only game to come out from stern this year it would look no different imo.

I understand that. I disagree however that it wouldn't change the quality. If stern made one game a year, and didn't have the investment of design and production of two or three other games, then that is freed up money. Some of that can you into more features of the one game. Seriously, a few magnets, another bash toy or whatever in SW is a pretty minimal cost. They would be much better off trying to justify the cost increase, while still making the same profit per game. While not endorsing the already high costs, I would rather pay another $100-300 for a more feature packed game with shaker, toys, etc.

#4139 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Of course they could put more money into the BOM if they made fewer titles. My point is they wouldn't. They would just let those savings hit the bottom line. That's what I would do.

They definitely could just keep it as is like you say. I think the customer base would prefer more features, but as long as we keep buying, why would they change. I agree. This is why I prefer jjps model. They set out to build higher quality machines, and they are. Regardless of what some people think about jjp, they are trying to offer more and have succeeded. I like my Stern's, but his original question basically comes down to personal preference of quality vs quantity. I prefer quality. Now, still anxiously awaiting to see SW play.

#4144 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

The more I look at all three versions of this game, the more I wish that I could get the premium playfield features in a Pro cabinet with Pro translite.

Me too, and at pro price.

#4150 6 years ago

And... back to star wars. After thinking about a premium playfield in a pro body, I'm really struggling justifying how much more a premium or even Le costs. We gain what for $2-3k more over the pro. I'm definitely wanting the hyper loop, but man, is it really a $2000 option with a cracking death star. I'm not at all interested in the pro at this point, but it just got me thinking

#4167 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Pro seems like the way to go here.

Gotta wait to see them in action. Pro looks like we're strictly paying for a theme. Premium offers a little more with hyper loop, but is it worth$2k? Probably not, but I'm not sure theme alone sells me the pro. We shall see.

#4176 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Thats why i am eyeing di. I seriously think stern said. Its in the bag with star wars and while we are at it lets raise the price again.

I'm looking at it too.

#4184 6 years ago

The looping actually interests me. Seems like another challenge of gameplay to stay focused on ball in play while looping balls constantly circle. I'm excited to see it. Again, without it, what else is there to really see happen on playfield.

#4206 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Lol really? They have come out with 3 games in what 6+ years???? How many games have Stern come out with in that time frame? Dude give it a rest it's not even close.

The more accurate question is- how many games did stern make that were worth the money? Quantity doesn't equate to quality. Some great games came from stern, but plenty of duds that I wouldn't ever consider to.

#4207 6 years ago

Dang it. Just missed the video by a few seconds. How did it look?

#4308 6 years ago

So who has a pro on the way and when is expected delivery? Can't wait to see these play.

#4332 6 years ago

Anybody hear an estimated arrival date on your pros yet?

#4395 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Dwights last few games were mostly complete at release and Levi and another guy both played it and said code was good.

I think SR said we would all be pretty happy with how far along code will be at shipping to.

#4479 6 years ago

Seems like a year ago when GB images were released, everybody was pretty dang hyped over all the cool looking playfield toys, layout and artwork. Goes to show people like toys and good art. Then play footage and rules hit, and it lost a lot of steam. Hopefully SW, while I wish had more on playfield, will play better and be more exciting to play regardless of lack of as many toys.

#4481 6 years ago

Any confirmation yet if dead flip is streaming tonight or tomorrow?

#4483 6 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

never understood the hate for GB. It's a great pin - hard yes, but loads of fun.

I agree. I think GB is a game people see and want to play. It looks great. I personally love the game after all the quirks have been worked out. I considered owning one, but probably never will at this point. A couple friends already have it. The playfield is one of the coolest layouts imo, and even with some design flaws, it's enjoyable.

#4500 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

on a PRO or LE? i hope a LE

He didn't say as far as I'm aware. Hopefully the Le though

#4596 6 years ago

I'm on the fence. I just can't tell how the rules and objectives are set up. Call outs seem off to. Sounds like gandolf on Hobbit

#4626 6 years ago

Seems like it was a lot of chaos. I just couldn't tell what objectives were, but I did miss beginning of stream. Was there a quick tutorial?

#4710 6 years ago

I rewatched some of it again last night and it still just seems like chaos. Ball times were longer than I expected. The animations didn't look great. The call outs were lacking and sounded more like gandalf. It's definitely fast and flowing. I actually like the art. I'm just not fully getting that wow factor yet. I'm really on the fence about my dream theme and that's surprising to me. Maybe the premium will offer more. I need to keep watching and hopefully something will click for me. Believe me, I'm wanting to love it, but I'm not there yet. I may pass on my Le and wait for a premium if I decide to go with a SW.

#4739 6 years ago

Based off a similar layout to acdc, I was surprised to see it play easier. It has to though in order to have a decent chance of mode progression. Waiting for the LE footage to decide.

#4895 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Wrote a massive rant But deleted it. Short version... massively disappointed. I was REALLY looking forward to Stern bringing their A-Game to a Star Wars title. After the reveal, and seeing the game play demo yesterday, not only do I not want to buy this table, I have no interest in even playing it. In my opinion, possibly the worst table they have ever designed.
Hope they make a profit and keep making products, hope people who like this table enjoy themselves, but the direction they are moving with design decisions is clearly not for me. I might need to wait out the current trend before I get to enjoy a new table again. Until then I'll go back to enjoying older titles.

I wouldn't say worst game ever. You may be disappointed, and I understand that. I'm kinda disappointed myself and honestly considering to pass on this one. I need to see the Le in action first though. The pro video didn't wow me like I was hoping. Not sure how I feel yet, but it's definitely not the worst game ever.

#4991 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Personally, many of those gimmicks only serve to slow down the flow of the game and the novelty wears off after seeing them a time or two.

Personally it never gets old frying sparky. Best toy ever.

#5002 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Actually, waiting for that dang animation is the ONLY thing on Metallica that I think gets old.

What? That's the best time to get your beer going while sparky prepares to fry.

#5026 6 years ago

Never thought I would do this, but just cancelled my Le order. I'll wait through the fall to see if it turns out better and possibly get a premium. I just can't get past the price and lack of a WOW factor for me personally. This is my all time theme, and the "must have" just never resinated for me. At the Le price, there are a lot of other options out there. If I'm spending$8-9k on a machine, I want a great looking pin with lots of cool features, toys, and rules. I'm not seeing that yet on SW. Time will tell if it's great, and believe me, I'm hoping it turns out great. Now at least, I can patiently sit back and wait.

#5033 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ghostbusters needs some software work, but the playfield design is a breath of fresh air (sans the ridiculous flipper gap). Trudeau doesn't always hit, but you have to give it to him - he's ALWAYS trying something new. Props to him.

I agree. I like variety in my collection and a game like GB would provide that. It's also packed with toys and the magna slings are innovative whether you like them or not. GB definitely has it's faults, but it's nice to see a different style layout.

#5212 6 years ago

This is good to hear boob. I'm keeping an eye on this game still.

#5371 6 years ago

Still no word on le/premium footage or ship dates?

3 weeks later
#6420 6 years ago

Was very underwhelmed last night sadly. Death star was very anti climatic, and hyper loop seems to be used sparingly. I would much prefer it used as a ball lock with up to 5 balls circling while trying to activate multi ball on playfield. Would be cool for one last loop during destroying death star to letting ball circle around and blowing it up. Glad the opinion of no stacking is implemented now though.
Overall, I'm really torn. I want to Love the game, but I don't think it's going to happen. While the pro somehow suddenly makes the most sense, I would still over pay and get a premium to at least have 2 gimmicks on playfield. At this point I doubt I'll ever own this game. If money wasn't an issue and I had a bigger collection, then yeah, I'd get a premium. Wife even said game is disappointing. At the price, it's simply too barren playfield, to complicated rules, and there seems to be no climatic events throughout the entire game like when multiball starts. Code may fix some of that, but now I know I have nothing but time to sit back and wait and see. Sadly underwhelmed.

1 month later
#7238 6 years ago

So I'm curious on the hyper loop. How often is it utilized? Are casual players able to walk up and get it going to? Trying to figure out if it's worth it over the pro.

#7241 6 years ago

I'm having a difficult time deciding if it's worth$2k more. I think it seems to add at least something unique, but man, $2k is a lot for that one main difference.

2 weeks later
#7275 6 years ago

Curious what owners of Le/premium think at this point? I'm still considering a premium but was hoping to see more code updates at this point. How's the fun factor and lastability feel at this early point of ownership?

#7280 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a tough fun machine that I do....oh sorry only own a pro.

Lol. Same game thoughts appreciated, but was curious on hyper loop issues as well. My bad.

1 week later
#7315 6 years ago

Finally played SW pro today. Overall, wife and I liked it better than expected. It was fun, and looked decent. Fast, difficult, but fun. Build quality felt and looked cheaper than my previous Stern's though. I would love to try a premium still. Sounds and clips really seem to carry the game, so I wonder how long game play will stay interesting. Had the one more game feel though. Overall, better than expected, but still not the SW I was looking for. Potential owner still.

4 weeks later
#7434 6 years ago

I actually like that star destroyer. Not sure about the glowing effect yet, but overall I like it. Nothing else is correct size on table like falcon size of death star, so I think it works well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.95
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Wanted
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.