8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3715 6 years ago

At $7.5k for a full featured premium, or $8.5k for an LE (after buying shaker motor) - I am out of the nib pinball market. I'd always consider pro models too, but $5.5k is more than I'm willing to spend to open a box. It really doesn't matter what the title is either ... I maxed out at: 4.8k / 6.3k / 7.8k. New doesn't mean better, I tell myself. SW will still be exciting to play, and I look forward to it, I just won't be owning one, or any other nib Stern going forward, evidently.

3 weeks later
#5348 6 years ago

Looks like an easy way to finance a pinball machine is here, if you didn't have all the cash together now. Even though term is only 1 year, making payments over $500, the interest is 10% and there is no lengthy loan approval process.

SW4Lease.pdfSW4Lease.pdf

#5374 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Speaking of all this accounting talk - can anyone recommend a good book or resource for small business accounting practices? I took a few courses maybe 10 years ago, so I have a bit of a foundation.

Reread some of the preorder sagas - JPOP or Skit-B or Heighway and their variations. There is much to be learned, including a few financial nuggets. It comes with four side dishes - anger, denial, despair and humor.

Also reread financial topic threads - those dealing with financing a pin purchase, licensing a theme, paying for a pin with PayPal and how to get a credit card chargeback. Sage advice is mixed with bad, illegal, unfounded and insane points of view, but it is all there in black and white and comes sprinkled with bits of humor.

Pinside is a treasure of pinball stuff occurring in the last decade. OP, I know are really seeking a book on small business accounting, but above threads are case studies.

#5451 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Or use one of the cards that gives you 0% 18mo checks you can write to yourself, write yourself a check for the amount then buy from the distro with a wire transfer to save the 3% CC processing. Get it at a the lowest cash price with no interest

My experience writing checks on a credit card account is that the rate is indeed 0 percent, however you pay a fee to write the check. Seems like around 1.5% for MC & Visa, or $90 on $6k transaction, which is not totally fee free as described, but is a one time hit and then you enjoy 0 percent for the defined timeframe.

I've used for two pin purchases and it worked great. I was expecting a lot of OT, and the pins were available, so I bought one and paid it off within time. The checks were a convenient method - with no additional paperwork nor new loan approval process. Checks came in my monthly statement and I put them in a drawer. Three months later I needed money for the first pin and I wrote a check. I saw the fee on my next statement, which is how I learned about it. After that I worked off the pin and soon another pin came up that I needed, so did the same. Now my pins are paid off and I am practically debt free (except house, cars, boat etc)

#5618 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

im pretty sure Sterns minimum is $7299 for SW premium.

Guess I enjoy living in the past, I refuse to go above 6.2k for nib premium. Even that is too much. I feel comfortable paying 5k/6k/7k for pro/prem/Le. There is no reason prices should be so much higher.

#5717 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It's probably wishful thinking, but it would be awesome to see something added in to the Premium/LE. A magnet in front of the target bank, a drop bank, even drops with a shot behind it would be something. That would probably solidify my LE purchase. I'm waiting in video, but thinking about getting out of the LE.

If Stern adds drops and integrates a magnet I'll be ordering a SW prem, otherwise, I feel priced out. SW pro looks fun but is too sparse for the money, unless pricing scale drops $500, I'll be passing on SW altogether.

1 week later
#6104 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Have you seen Girls Trip?

No, he's patiently awaiting any film to reach 100% approval before wasting his time.

2 weeks later
#6763 6 years ago

^^^ Good stuff. .89 update looks like solid changes. Previous updates addressed first round of Dwight changes to scoring and yet this version does not. Surprised because recent scoring with people running .87 and .88 code show scoring is still too high. I've suggested cutting target values throughout game by factor of 10 and leaving multipliers alone for a simple and effective solution. And maybe they can add adjustment in menu for ball speed of balls in hyperdrive. Current speed setting should be a 2. Offer half speed for setting of 1, offer double speed for setting at 3. And quad speed of those balls circling in the loop for a setting of 4. Heck, hyperdrive speed could be a 5.

1 week later
#6883 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I got one of the ghosted ones. My distro is confident they will take care of it. I'll let you know how it goes!

Happy that Stern is taking care of the problem playfield and ultimately you - a valued customer. This may be our first test case, but.... if ghosting inserts and flaking clearcoat are considered within normal parameters, why is Stern replacing your playfield? Did they mean those could be expected after thousands of plays, but was not acceptable out of the box or up to a minimum number of balls played? Well they didn't say that, so why would Stern replace something that was not defective Answers suggesting it is because of Stern's altruistic business philosophy won't be accepted.

#6980 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm picturing this:

What's with all the silverware coming out of boob's head? some kind of fetish maybe?

#7038 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

... It's the yin and yang of Pinside. Nowadays the look of the game seems to be more important than the gameplay.

... and you pay more too (presumably, the artwork is worth more than the rest of the pin)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.