8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jargus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2103 6 years ago

Hoping to see this at NWPAS this weekend. I'm interested, but definitely want to get some plays in.

I doubt it, though, this soon after the reveal. Anybody have a good distro?

#2194 6 years ago

Can any distro that still has LE ping me privately? Can't seem to find one (and yes, I realize it may already be a lost cause )

#2278 6 years ago

Well, for better or worse, just ordered the LE. I've got a remodel going on, so it will probably sit unopened in the box for a couple months. If I play it on location and it stinks, I might just sell it NIB

#2284 6 years ago

Found them from a distributor on eBay. No tax and no shipping. Couldn't find it anywhere else.

#2289 6 years ago

Should be fun to see what Ritchie has to say Saturday at NWPAS. I was looking forward to the show before. I'm even more excited now.

#2292 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

My thoughts exactly. Any chance they surprise us with one?

I doubt it, but here's hopin'

#2416 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That sucks! Any USA based shows coming up that it will be at? Assuming it is too late for Southern Fried in Atlanta this weekend?

I think NWPAS is the best shot, since SR is speaking on Saturday. Worst case, we should get some good info from him.

#3039 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Aren't there two different expo's this weekend? Any reports or footage of gameplay?

A buddy was at NWPAS today, and didn't see Star Wars. Also said he didn't look too much through the Stern area and might have missed it. I'm going tomorrow and will report anything worthwhile (including SR's talk).

#3179 6 years ago

Hobbit is beautiful, I was in on a Smaug, and then I played it a bunch two years ago at NWPAS and...ho hum. Sold my spot.

Dialed In is packed. Very pretty to look at, but played it several times today at NWPAS and...ho hum. They have that huge LCD and it's basically showing a boring Sim City from the 90s, and I didn't find the game play engaging at all.

I've been rooting for JJP since the beginning, but they've yet to put out a game I really wanted to play over and over again. (It probably doesn't help that the flippers always suck at shows on JJP's games).

I've played several of the newer Sterns at NWPAS today and have enjoyed them all. Their LCD screens are smaller, but the picture feels higher quality and the content is far more engaging.

It's all about what you value. Fun, for me, is getting lost in the game, being disappointed when the last ball drains, and itching to push start again even with the wife yelling we should have left 15 minutes ago. It's not about the toys, but the sights and sounds and gameplay. I get that from a lot of the 90's classics, and I get that with some of the newer Sterns.

Do I wish there was more on the playfield? Yep. Do I think it's going to be fun and let me lose myself in the sights and sounds of nostalgia? Yep.

Does my wife think I'm crazy for buying an LE? Absolutely!

Now I'm just hoping that SR has some interesting new information this afternoon. The only Star Wars here so far is a big poster of the feature matrix at the Marco booth.

#3198 6 years ago
Quoted from c3trey:

Anybody monitoring this thread might watch to fire up the livestream for the NW pinball show. Steve is speaking live right now and sounds like it's going to be all about Star Wars and how it came together.
https://www.twitch.tv/nwpinballarcadeshow

Just beat me to it. I'm in the audience.

#3217 6 years ago

He seemed more interested in joking around than actually sharing information. The video was all I think we were ever really going to get, and even that was basically just the IGN video director's cut.

#3218 6 years ago

He did, at least, say they were going into production in about a week, and that we'd be surprised how complete the code is.

He also said that Lucasfilm was a pain in the ass with the art, but did basically nothing that affected gameplay; that they built the game they wanted from the beginning. So, whether or not you like it, it was the vision Ritchie had.

#3228 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I like this concept backglass a lot...
Rob

Agreed. I like a lot of the concept art better than where things landed. Thanks Disney.

#3247 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Please let Badbilly F ing help
Zero excitement
Terrible presentation
Call it like I see it

It think it was even worse in person.

I would have left a couple hours earlier if I'd realized how bad it would be. (To be fair, I got there way too early, which was nobody's fault but mine).

#3253 6 years ago

I was one of those people. I just sat there stunned. If I did a presentation like that, I'd be fired!

Must be great to be 95% of the market. I've sat through a JJP presentation when we were all waiting for Hobbit...he's better than what I saw today, but not a ton and without the excuse of being most of the market.

#3476 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Once the LE backbox hyperspace affect mod comes out that'll be fantastic.

If...Steve only said they're trying.

3 weeks later
#5231 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

So now I'm trying to figure out what to sell besides a kidney or pinball machine... I'm digging what I'm seeing.

Hey, do you really need two kidneys?

#5291 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Anxiously checking the pinball map in case this shows up in Seattle (ship faster!!).

Can't wait! I'm sure we'll have one before my LE arrives.

4 weeks later
#6508 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They're starting with the California shipments and working their way east.

Works for those of us in Seattle.

Waiting impatiently for my call.

#6572 6 years ago

Just spoke to my distro. My LE should be shipping in about a week.

First NIB!

2 weeks later
#6984 6 years ago

Frustrated as heck. Game is sitting at the loading dock, just a few miles away, but they didn't call me today to set the delivery appointment. Hope they call tomorrow, but that means Wednesday at the earliest...and I probably won't have time to get it upstairs, unbox and setup until later in the week.

#7063 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have to say, it's such a shame that some posters made it their mission to destroy this game before people got their hands on it.
Everyone who has played my LE has been blown away by it.

Only two games so far on mine (that will change significantly over the weekend ), and I have to say it's gorgeous, immersive as hell, and a lot of fun. Sound seems great and the LCDs are awesome.

My kids (4 and 7) loved it (they both played a game), and their favorite part was picking a character, even though they have no idea what that means (hell, I barely understand it so far )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Electronics
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jargus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=jargus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.