8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

Premium/LE playfield looks cool but the art is not what I was expecting, little disappointing.

But with SR and his most recent Sterns its all about how they play!

#58 6 years ago

Hopefully Stern through up some HD pics soon, would have thought they would want to make this a BIG announcement themselves.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Lit siderails on the LE

Spotted those laser cut rails straight away Nick, would be a nice touch if they do light up, but they seem a little out of place Imperial design on the (good guy) LE art package

#73 6 years ago

How can anyone judge a pin one way or the other from a couple of low-res pics?

Hopefully Stern will put up some HD images of the playfields and art/cabinets and some HD videos of it flipping.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I like it, the only thing that I find odd is the models, Pro should have an X-Wing, Premium a Snowspeeder and LE the Falcon.

Your in luck, Hallmark do a nicely detailed Snowspeeder and they are releasing a X-wing and Tie Fighter this year that light up and interact with each other.

#114 6 years ago

Needs a nice bit of bling around that lockdown bar button, looks abit of an after thought without anything around it to dress it up a little like previous games with a lock button, only a small thing that can be improved added.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Jesus, SWT came out 20 years ago and the artwork is as crap now as it was then. I appreciate Stern are probably working to a strict licence but ...

SWT looks more packed but maybe that's the super busy art collage

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I have a feeling the color scheme was chosen for ambient lighting depending on mode ... look at the playfield ... they have inserts for Endor, Hoth, and Tatooine ... I'll bet the GI lights change depending on mode. To pull that off, you need lighter colors to reflect the ambient light. Solid black (space) wouldn't work.

Good call! One of TWD best features is it's colour changing GI, it would be a great feature to have something similar here. Blue in Hoth, Orange/Yellows for Tatooine and Green for Endor could be very cool - please read this Dwight!

#251 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The wireform in front of the slings looks distracting. The Flinstones and RCT location doesn't do that, but get's the ball moving. Either way, I look forward to deadflip streaming it. Hopefully there are a few one player games so we can see that side of gameplay.

Would have been cool if the apron was used/designed as the trench and have the wireform either run through it either in and out (loosing sight of the ball as it goes under the apron) or along a shallow channel molded in the top of the apron.

#274 6 years ago

Is it just me but zooming in (admittedly on my iphone) but do the pro and premium translites look hand drawn?

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The small LCD might do some really neat stuff. I'd LOVE if they put the trench run targeting computer graphic on there and you had to hit shots to advance down the trench. Final shot switches to the image of the proton torpedoes firing as the Death Star toy blows up. Could be great.

Question I would like to know the answer to is what is behind the 3 bank and LCD screen?

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think it actually is. It just looks very thin if that's what I'm seeing. To the left of the mini LCD.

Yeah the Tie-Fighter is there its just hard to see, shows just how bad the resolution on these photos are.

Sure there looks to be a 180 degree ramp under that Death Star, looks like it drops or raises or something?

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

It looks like a fork-like mini-ramp pops up through two slots in the playfield to divert the ball up to the Death Star instead of around the u-turn shot.

Good eyes, that's actually pretty cool, nice way of keeping the flow and speed going when either shot is available, clearly a lot of the BOM has gone into the Death Star mech and Hyperspace ramp and not left much for anything else.

Wonder if that dome inside the Death Star spins at all, or if its just one BIG flasher with GOT level of eye scorching brightness

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Cannot figure out the shot below the tie fighter. Does not look like a kickout hole...

Looks like the Tie Fighter is on some sort of arm or spring, possibly a solenoid? Guessing its going to react with some minimal movement to shots on it?

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Question - Why does the Falcon LE model have Imperial Armor!?!?!?!?!

That was one of the first things I noticed about the LE, thought cool hope they light up and instantly thought but why are they on the good guy/falcon LE

Honestly I don't think it matters someone can and should come up with some better "lite" side armour for all these models.

Lightsabers - one side blue one side red
X wing with laser blast (similar to STLE)
Tie Fighter with laser blasts (again similar to STLE)

#492 6 years ago

That's my guess as well, similar to The Enterprise maybe on ST?

The Enterprise on the Prem and STLE is on the right hand wireform its just on a metal stick doesn't interact at in anyway, I think the Tie Fighter here might be on a spring or solenoid tied to the stand up target in front of it, so hit the target and the Tie shakes about a little is my best guess.

EDIT: Then again looking closer it looks like its on a small arm, connected to a spring with an arm/solenoid arm going into the playfield so maybe it can crash into the playfield or raise? then again maybe it just wobbles

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"The game features speech and film footage from the original trilogy"
That right there is a huge plus for this game and makes it appealing, even with the lackluster artwork. Without it forget it.

With a licence like this Panzer I don't think Disney would even give Stern the choice of a cheap option without speech and audio assets from the movies. But your totally right its a massive plus for the game to have all the movie assets.

#500 6 years ago

The Enterprise on ST wobbles, not sure why you say it doesn't interact. Probably similar movement for the Tie Fighter is my guess too.

Might be because I have the Hallmark one on mine, wired into my game and it doesn't move at all, literally never played a single game with the factory Enterprise installed.

Looking at the Tie Fighter though it looks like it has the potential to lower or raise on an arm/solenoid, here's hoping.

#506 6 years ago

Yeah would be nice if the modes are all individual and unique, so completely different to ST where its essentially the same modes with harder shot patterns, completely different modes for each location plus a mini wizard mode for each large (location) insert, with a final wizard mode for completing all 4 areas would give us 17 modes which would be EPIC!

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The similarity to AC/DC is a strange choice especially considering they are going to be running both. If I was to get a Star Wars I would sell my AC/DC can't justify having two similar pins. I dunno if I would be willing to do that and risk whatever ends up wrong with Star Wars. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Maybe that is why they are re-running AC/DC now as SW goes onto the production line, if the playfields are similar enough and other things are shared maybe its a clever way of sharing/cutting costs between the two games?

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I definitely like the Premium art the best with Darth Vader on the backglass. The biggest disappointment to me will be if there are no magnets; how can you have the force with no magnets. That will be a major fail if there are none.

You would think it would be a no brainer to have "The Force" (basically have it work like The Power from Addams) as a feature especially with all that open space in the middle of the playfield.

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Was really hoping to see an Ewok village above the three pop bumpers.
Hyperdrive mech looks cool. I'm going to wait and see.

With that LCD in the way of the pops and the lanes, it would be a great idea and mod to add some sort of building/base (maybe rebel themed) with 3 LEDS in it linked to the pop lanes so they are clearly visible to the player, plus it would dress that area up and make it feel more finished and even with the Death Star on the left.

Maybe Bespin Cloud City, one for each pop?

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I don't know if Ritchie is a Star Wars fan but he likes fast things... he seems to have gone 'all in' on the hyperspace thing for better or worse. The LE with the hyperspace rails and the backglass is going to add to the hyperspace visuals. As a Star Wars fan, I would have preferred to go 'all in' on the Force.

I didn't see Hyperspace rails when I saw the LE I instantly thought of Imperial corridor lighting.

0000000 (resized).jpg0000000 (resized).jpg
0000 (resized).png0000 (resized).png

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

This explains the side rails.
It's the flooring pattern of the Falcon. You are inside the ship

Good spot! I had it in my head it reminded me of the corridor wall lighting in the first death star in ANH, either way its not exactly exciting

Could have had side rails that light up using any of the following:

Lightsabers
X wing or Tie Fighter with laser blast (think STLE)

Anything would have been more exciting than lighting or flooring

#570 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I thought Death Star interior when I first saw it.

Snap, I posted that on the previous page with Obi-Wan fighting Vader, it was the first thing I thought of seeing those rails but it does look even more like the Falcons metal flooring, doesn't make me think Hyperspace at all.

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

I don't think thats a positive consolation prize.
Can we talk about what a massive fail Stern has made on the announcement? They change over thier FB Banner to the SW logo, and post an episode of the Star Wars Show which you need to sit through , or scan thru (not easily done on mobile) to find any word of it (for all of a 20 second spot). No where on their site do they reference it, and their twitter just directs back to the aforementioned FB page. Not even a proper press release!
Interestingly enough, THIS thread contains more information then what Stern has officially posted themselves.
Who's running things over there in marketing anyways?!
I mean, maybe chalk it up to the premature release of the SWS episode on them, but then thats something that should be communicated, Didn't this same thing happen with Aerosmith in Donny's book?

The whole sudden change of their Facebook banner and link to the video was done after the video went online, so you would have to assume they heard about it and quickly panicked to update their Facebook page and link themselves to the video, it was certainly a leak, but your right it happens time and time again with Stern and really it shouldn't as there are people in paid jobs who are supposed to be organising and be in control of this stuff

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Seems dumb to make people wait a week to bitch about things before officially releasing stuff. Maybe a video would shut us all up.

I think it's a safe bet to assume Stern where caught off guard big time with the video going live, we probably aren't seeing official images and video until the 6th because they don't have any of them completly edited/ready yet...

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

People want shit now. And I think it's dumb not to control the narrative. But it won't matter. People here will still eat up video in a week.

Of course we will all eat up some video after all we all love Pinball whether it's good or bad plus your forgetting THIS IS PINSIDE!!

IMG_2742.GIFIMG_2742.GIF

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

It is with in the realm of possibility that they only received the rights to the original trilogy, and some other pinball company has the later films?

It's not a stretch of the imagination that Disney only offered the rights to the original trilogy knowing it's the most lucrative, not to mention with the addition of the 40th anniversary. I wouldn't put it past Disney to already be thinking well we can do a prequel pin and once we get episode 8 & 9 out there's another trilogy/pin we can licence $$$$$

#609 6 years ago

The art really does seem kind of thrown together, none of the 3 models feel very cohesive they all feel and look a little random. Premium so far is my favourite but that LE translite could be awesome "if" it's a real backglass and has a animated Hyperspace back box effect.

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I wonder what the El paper will do for rails on LE and if it will be one color or multi-color?

Last but not least is the layout. I already have AC/DC and have played it for years. I am concerned that it may feel too similar, and give me a feeling of been there done that. Time will tell

Does anyone know how the rails on STLE lite up? was that EL paper or LEDs set into a routed grove in the cabinet?

The ACDC similarities are a double edge sword for people like me who enjoy playing ACDC and its layout but wouldn't own it due to the theme/band, this is great as ACDC is one of Steve's best games, for others that have ACDC the similarities suck, but I think they are going to play so different and have such different rules it will hopefully be a win win for both camps.

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The cabinet has holes through it with red leds.

Yeah for the phaser fire that runs up the side rails, but how is the Enterprise lit? EL or LED strips in a routed groove? Curious if anyone has ever taken their side rails off to look.

#938 6 years ago

Also be good to know if the inserts are white with RGB inserts or coloured inserts like in the badly shopped playfield images.

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Not all new games with the lockdown bar button had a metal plate.
All versions of Batman66 used a vinyl sticker around the button. I found that somewhat disappointing considering the price of the game.

It still had something around the button, has there been any Stern with a button on the lockdown bar without a plate or sticker to dress the button up since that became the thing to do?

#955 6 years ago

There are not many of us that are thrilled or even like the artwork but I dont think we should be aiming that criticism or throwing our pitchforks at Stern for it they had their hands tied in that department.

Jeremy aka ZombieYeti posted earlier in this thread the artwork was done by Disney artists, I'm pretty sure if Stern could have used one of their in house talents like Jeremy they would have.

Stern do a lot that often disappoints some of us but this time I doubt the artwork disappointment is on them.

#960 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Check out Alien's playfield ... it looks even better in real life with lighting.
I think Star Wars' art is going to mix well with the lighting (I suspect they'll change the color of the lighting depending on mode ... that is sheer speculation, but I can't see them *not* doing that).

I have my fingers crossed that do RGB GI and can change the GI on the floor for the modes your in, yellow oranges and red shades for tatooine modes, blue and whites for hoth, greens blues whites for endor and stark whites for Death Star modes, would really add a massive visual depth to the game plus being damn cool in the process.

#998 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Would have been cool if there was a green laser that fired into another planet blowing that up to release the multi ball.

Looks like the Death Star has green LEDs built into it, it would be good if it interacts with the LCD on the playfield, Death Star LEDs come on and LCD shows clip of Alderaan being blown to bits.

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I feel like it's missing just 1 playfield feature just one... I got it a Darth Maul sub-playfield... hmm looks like this devil creature with horns will suit this particular playfield very well...

I feel the same way, some magnets under the playfield for "The Force" and that 3 bank below the LCD being a motorised drop bank (like SM/TRON) would really kick this game up a gear!

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Eventually, as in...some day Stern will consider the games code complete. I'm not saying that it takes time for Dwight to make code great. It takes Stern time to release that code and they dictate what is worked on and when.

If everyone who wants a premium or pro waits and holds off buying straight away until code is complete, I bet Stern would let Dwight finish up the code on double time, I thought an LE would be hard for me to resist but I am feeling the Premium the most so I will happily wait and watch and get a premium for Xmas maybe as my present to myself

#1032 6 years ago

Was hoping to see a Jedi LE or Sith LE or a Light v Dark LE.

Oh well, I will most probably be going for a Premium, the LE doesn't do much for me not a fan of the backglass or the side rails, I think they are the worst laser cut rails Stern have done to date, so I have made some LE type (STLE inspired) side rails to match the Imperial/Hoth side art, excuse the bad mock up, I am at work and we only have an old version of paint (supposedly firefighters don't need photoshop ) it would obviously all be laser cut (STLE style) simply messing about with possible design ideas.

ga (resized).jpgga (resized).jpg

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Why wouldn't he? ...let the first lemmings jump at these initial offerings, then after a few months or so of listening to feedback, ramp up some new 'super special LE art' and throw in a couple more $5 toys - and grab all that cash!
If I were Gary, I'd do it.

I cant understand why they didn't give Steve a few more dollars on the BOM and make the extra overheads back with a SLE, if any title could justify one and sell out its SW.

BTW not saying I agree with the SLE model because I don't, but if it would have ment more stuff under the glass in all the other models then I would have been happy to see Stern try their luck again if it ment buyers at lower levels would have got more bang for their buck.

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern knows that even if Caravaggio himself did the art, the dozen most prolific posters on Pinside would trash it for weeks on end. "WTF is up with those European Asps???? Those are traditionally non-infestational", "Why is the art so dark?? This is going to look terrible next to my Xmen LE!"
Stern knows that even if a game had more ramps than Whitewater, the dozen most prolific posters on Pinside would trash it for weeks on end. Pinsiders who have never designed a game, and have no idea that different ramp construction materials allow the ball speed and flow to be controlled. "WTF is up with all the plastic ramps, and only one wireframe one????? Stern only cares about making a profit ! "
Stern knows that even if Brian Eddy was hired to design a game again, the dozen most prolific posters on Pinside would trash it for weeks on end. "WTF is up with the big empty playfield???? Stern cheaping out again!!!" , "I wish we could go back to full featured games like AFM".
So Stern has figured out that all they need to do is trickle out some grainy photos, shoot a quick teaser video, and post a few sentences on Facebook every week.
Pinside will keep the bitching going, and the thread at the top, for months all on it's own.

Just because it "is" the way it works time and time again, doesn't mean it "should" be the way it works?

Surely Stern controlling the narrative and release of info and letting those pinsiders trash whatever they do in the midst of a majority of positive impressions, is better than there current strategy of leaks allowing those pinsiders to trash it in the midst of a majority of disappointed reactions/impressions?

#1213 6 years ago

Just got in for a SWLE, if that's what its eventually called. Why no Yoda on the LE?

Maybe Stern will do a "Luci" on Star Wars and we will see a Yoda & Vader editions!?

#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

I'm guessing that the Death Star split coincides with something on one (or both) of the two screens. The combination of those two things could make it really cool.

I would like to see the Death Star and playfield LCD combined for several scenes, green LED ring on the Death Star lights and pulses and the LCD can show Alderaan being blown up

#1260 6 years ago

Wow! That would buy you ALOT of pinball machines

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If I didn't know any better I'd think there's 799-800 people defending this game because they preordered it 2 years ago.

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg

#1361 6 years ago

I took a look at the Premium\LE playfield pic and it looks like Yoda is on the right-most pop probably for the LE. A stormtrooper is on the middle pop as well it looks like. I cannot make out the one on the left pop, although it's different than the Pro which has Admiral Akbar on the left-most pop.

Yeah something needs to be made for that area it looks pretty bare, I guess it depends what the pops represent in the game - whats shown on the LCD tied to the pops, but I was hoping for something like in GB a model of something over the pops like Endor or an AT-AT.

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I predict this will be the most modded game in pinball history. Callouts, sound fx, music tracks, video clips, lighting, toys, translite art....you name it, each and every game will be unique to it's owner.

Stern have the licence for the movie assets, so I would hope callouts, sound fx and music would be taken care of and awesome. Would also be beyond stupid with two LCD screens for the video assets to be weak, this has to be a massive consideration there end and be nothing short of excellent, otherwise why add a second LCD to begin with?

Dwight is doing the code so I am more than confident he will take care of the lighting and add some cool lighting effects, although there will probably be a million and one scoop light kits and unneccasry RGB lighting kits for the backboard, these are fairly standard now for every new game.

I agree though that I can see a lot of custom translites appearing and maybe custom art packages - I wouldn't be surprised if we see a playflied protect complete with art work like the old overlays used for restores. I already have better models that have a great level of detail and inbuilt LEDs of the Tie Fighter plus Darth Vaders Tie Fighter, X wing and Falcon.

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Maybe an X-wing fighter down at the bottom like the Batwing on BF (mech already exists and could have been easily duplicated), that shot up into the Death Star once it split open for multiball. A little challenging, but THAT would have been AWESOME. Like I said before...there were just so many possibilities.

Didn't SEGAs SWT have the X-Wing cannon (BF) mech? I agree there is so much else that could have been done, I am hoping that the 3bank under the playfield LCD is motorised, if not that will be massively disappointing. Game looks like it will flow like a dream but there just isn't much "in" the game.

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So, since the rumors indicate that the art isn't the same on both sides, what do you all think will be the art on the opposite sides of each model?

Pro, Empire on the side we can see & Rebellion on the opposite side?

Prem, Empire themed, as its Hoth we can see, I wouldn't mind Endor being on that side another memorable scene from the movies.

LE, maybe Boba Fett, Slave1 and Han in carbonite with Jabba, LE is Millenium/Han/Chewie focused so that would be cool.

#1377 6 years ago

Since art is the big discussion, these seem to be the best quality images I have seen so far, thought it might be worth posting them for better clarity.

0.jpg0.jpg

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

LE, maybe Boba Fett, Slave1 and Han in carbonite with Jabba, LE is Millenium/Han/Chewie focused so that would be cool.

Quoted from kermit24:

Since Boba Fett is on the front of the LE, it would be awesome for the opposite side of the LE cabinet to have the bad guys.

Great minds think alike

Seems like a no brainer, Boba Fett, Carbonite & Jabba where a big part of Han's arc in the original trilogy, would be awesome to have that as the LE art.

#1381 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I think the LE cabinet art looks like it should be the pro, and the PREM looks like it should be the LE artwork love me some AT-AT

Grab a Prem, that's what I plan on doing, I thought I would be 100% in on an LE but for the extra $$ the LE art and side rails don't seem worth it to me. I will make my own side rails for my prem, themed around the artwork on the sides. I do love the Pro artwork though Stern absolutely nailed the artwork on the Pro.

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I highly doubt anyone feels like doing a bunch of art work to get slapped with a cease and desist. Between Stern and Disney? No thanks.

Well there are plenty of people already doing it, I wont mention names as some of those guys are bringing products to the hobby that a lot of people are in need of.

#1401 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

You can see the other side of art for the LE in the picture featuring Steve and Dwight. I really can't tell what it is though. Hoping the premium is another really cool picture.

Good spot, the other side looks like the Millenium Falcon in space being pursued by Tie Fighters with the Death Star in the background, kind of difficult to see for certain but you can see the green laser blasts from Tie Fighters and what looks like the Death Star at the front upper corner.

#1413 6 years ago

Higher resolution version of the Steve & Dwight with the LE & Pro, can zoom in and make out the details a little better. It looks like Death Star behind the Falcon being chased by a Tie Fighter.

SR DS SW.jpgSR DS SW.jpg

#1415 6 years ago

Looks like this is the Han pose used on the right side of the backbox

00 (resized).jpg00 (resized).jpg

#1449 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Pinside isn't a cancer in itself, it's not right to say that.
Rob

If someone feels that way they are clearly too sensitive for the internet. I have had to watch my 9 year old niece be ravaged by cancer, over the last 15 months, so I find anyone comparing negative criticisms or disappointment on pinside to cancer to be truly out of touch with reality.

Truth is the the art isn't great on SW it could have been a lot better but like with a lot of Steves games they always play way better than they look! I'm just hoping for some magnets under the playfield and that 3 bank to be motorised and that will knock SW out the park for me!

#1929 6 years ago

Looks like the GI is colour changing but doesn't seem like it's full RGB.

"Dramatic zoned red, white and blue general illumination LED's under plastics"

Would be cool if they can somehow get the lighting to reflect the mode your in, so red/orange/yellow for Tatooine modes, Blue and Whites for Hoth, Greens, Brown & Blues for Endor and White with some strobe or flickering effects for Dearh Star modes (don't think purple would be that menacing lol)

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I may though, that video mode looks really dumb. Why does Dwight insist on putting video modes in his games? I'm not a fan. I want to play pinball, not bang a button, or pick bacon or star, or do bad pixel fights. Just leave the video modes out!

I was hoping the video mode would be a Death Star Trench Run re-skin of the HS2 video mode simple yet effective and would match the fast looks of the game.

#1976 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I was assuming that was like stormtrooper shootout and many other awesome (?) DE hurry up video modes.

Goldeneye has a similar mode where you have to pull the trigger on the ball launcher while balls are in play it's pretty cool actually - but it fits the theme having to draw your weapon and shoot henchmen before they shoot you.

For SW I was hoping for more than just bashing the lockdown bar button, like I posted about a trench run re skin of the video mode from HS2 would have been the most iconic/fitting.

Also be nice if they dress it up with a plate like their previous releases that have lockbar buttons, looks a little unfinished without it.

#1988 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

"TIE Fighter LCD video assault mode engages players to rapidly pound the action button"
Surely there is more to that mode than just button mashing?

I hope so, if not I'll just deactivate the video mode and if it's the only thing the button is used for just remove the button and put a standard lock bar on without a button, it will also save me designing and making a plate for the button that's missing

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

If i remember correctly the GB feature matrix mentioned Ernie was doing voices. No mention here?
So I am guessing the call outs are from Redneck Jedi (Cousin of Hillbilly walking dead guy)

They couldn't possibly do that for Star Wars!? Could they!?

Surely they wouldn't dream of doing that!? Would they!?

#2059 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That would be great. You steer with the flippers and then have to have an appropriately timed press of the fire button to launch the torpedo to destroy the death star.

Exactly! Seems obvious and cool, plus it uses all the player buttons for maximum interactivity for the player, casual players on route would eat it up!

I know Dwight added the cross the streams video mode after it was coincidently mentioned here on pinside, so maybe if the idea gets enough thumbs up and reposts/quotes Dwight might see it and add it? Worth a try!

#2064 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

dont forget when GB came out it didnt have cross the streams video mode so i wouldnt put out another video mode happening yet.
The lcd screen on playfield could end up being the best feature of the game, like a unlimited changing bashtoy sorta.

Totally agree would have quoted you in my above post but didn't see your post until the next page. Seems quite a few people are on the same page for what they would like to see in a the video/second video mode that Dwight has done in the past namely GB post release.

#2076 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So the premium Death Star toy opens and theres...a cube of lights in it. That's it? Really?
Still looks like the helmets from Space Balls.

When it cracked open on the gameplay video I immedialty thought of a disco ball and Space Ball

It's definitely something that can be improved exactly what can be done to it we won't know until we have games in hand but I reckon there is enough space in there to make a reactor cover to dress it up a little.

#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I like diverters, although I'm still sad there isn't a magnet on the playfield. This would have been one place/way to incorporate a force magnet.

I feel the same, diverters are great fun and a good way to mix up a lane/shot, but it's abit of a boring way to do it on a theme like SW then again maybe a magnet wouldn't be reliable enough so this is the compromise plus with such a short shooter lane the ball will be right back into action almost immediatly.

A magnet save between the flippers would have been cool though, say if you complete the force drops, it gives you a kickback/ball save, when ball drops between flippers magnet grabs it flings it back into play! Never gets old on my Goldeneye.

#2235 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep, if I were Stern I'd keep raising until sales dropped off.

So are you saying your Stern?

Seriously though it sure seems like that is what they are doing, just adding another $100/$200 each release.

I could accept it on Aerosmith new system and all getting some of the costs back from it but there appears to be less here on SW compared to AS, so what's the reason for yet another price increase?

#2238 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Burn in a fire, man....like, REALLY? It's the dinks like you saying this exact thing repeatedly over the years that has led us to this point of absurd pricing. Every game is SOMEONE'S dream theme, so you're advocating for a price increase for EVERY GAME. Maybe that doesn't matter so much to all the lawyers and other people with boat payments on here, but I can tell you it matters to me and to a lot of the people I associate with. The 1k increase over what I paid for my Met or Tron matters. The extra 1k over what I paid for AC/DC Premium *DEFINITELY* matters! This game isn't anywhere NEAR as packed as AC/DC premium was!

The best way to visually compare price vs value from a couple of years ago to now is STLE vs SWLE!

Prior to any reveal I thought I would be 100% in on a SWLE, thought it would look amazing next to my STLE, was expecting it to have lite side rails, lit back box emblems - rebel & imperial signs (upon reveal I thought well okay that backglass will be lite an animated, nope!) basically I was expecting an LE on par with STLE. SW doesn't even have a plaque/plate around it's lockbar button

Reality is I can't justify a SWLE when it's going to be sitting next to my STLE.

#2241 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm really digging the new pictures they released today. There's a lot of detail in the playfield.
Here are the mistakes made by Stern on the machine:
- No full color changing inserts. C'mon, this is Steve Ritchie...he has the highest budget for a reason. Star Trek & GOT had full color changing inserts. Would've been great to have everything go white on Hoth, green & brown on the forest moon of Endor, tan on Tatooine, and grey on the Death Star.
- No backglass...really? I mean..really?
- LE siderails should've been the falcon (like on Star Trek).
Here are the strong positives:
- 16 modes, 1 wizard mode, and 9 multi-balls.
- Different character powers (similar to GOT).

Do you think the 9 multi-balls are included in the 16 modes and 1 wizard mode though? I noticed Stern like to state a total number in a feature row then break it down so it looks and sounds like more on first glance, I am sure they did it on the lighting on the features matrix.

Which leads to my second question anyone think they might know what Stern can do with the white blue red GI seems fairly limiting wouldn't RGB given them more flexibility and colours to choose from.

#2256 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Stern Pinball will soon have available an accessory LED lit frame to fit these backglasses.
Did anyone pick up on this in the Stern press release? Looks like the warp effect is a accessory for the LE buyers

Yeah I spotted that announcement but sounds like they are just the lite (translite boxes) frames that people have been making on eBay for years, if Stern make an animated one I'll be surprised.

Plus why are they even offering these like they are something special for LE owners to have to store their extra tranlites in!? I'm sorry but an LE should be far more than a couple extra translites and some terrible side rails.

#2267 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I assumed the video mode thing was while the ball was in play, would be incredibly lame without that. Could be fun. At least it's kind of a new idea.

It's an old idea a few DE & SEGA titles used similar modes/setups.

Goldeneye has a shootout mode that appears on the DMD while balls are in play you have to pull the trigger on the ball launcher to shoot the enemies on the DMD asap. It's a pretty cool risk/reward trick that adds a little something extra to your regular games with hands glued to the flippers.

#2615 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This thing better have Chewie yodeling at some point in the audio.

If you have a terrible ball, like hit zero or less than 10 switches it would be amusing if Chewie made a depressing yodel/wail

#3108 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Like this?
(that's how it's done)

A bezel for the LCD that could look cool and make a lot of sense (if the screen is used to show tie fighters/ships/space scenes) would be to make the screen look like an Imperial Hanger Bay door/force field.

Two pics show the detail of the force field opening, 2 or 3 runs of EL wire could create the same look inside a hanger bezel!?

IMG_2952 (resized).JPGIMG_2952 (resized).JPG

IMG_2953 (resized).JPGIMG_2953 (resized).JPG

IMG_2951 (resized).PNGIMG_2951 (resized).PNG

#3140 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

With the exception of the extra stupidity that was the pricing of Batman 66, has Stern ever lowered prices from one game to the next? Serious question, I don't think so, but I don't actually know.

BM66LE costs exactly the same as SWLE here in the UK.

Wow 2 days away from pinside and over 400 new posts in this thread to catch up on

#3566 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Went to Disneyland yesterday with the family. We're all in a Star Wars mood. I'm ready to order a premium today but really want to get a personal play in on a pro or premium before I do. We need a schedule of appearances. The only rumor is a Pro at CAX July 29-30. Any other rumors about opportunities before October?

That's the beauty of being in for a pro or premium instead of an LE, no rush at all to order, you can wait and see how it plays and how code progresses before pulling the trigger.

#3588 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When I was a kid, everyone loved Ewoks. I had the tree fort (or whatever) playset. They're f'ing space hamsters! How can you hate space hamsters!?!?!?!

Clearly you have never seen a Space Hamster, they are hi-tech little things

IMG_3072 (resized).PNGIMG_3072 (resized).PNG

#3708 6 years ago
Quoted from crussomd:

Anyone have ideas on what the topper might be?

I would love an AT-AT for the Imperial Premium, with interactive Snowspeeder that spins around the legs of the AT-AT with successful shots to Hoth

#3750 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They've already quietly changed to cheaper cabinet wood. Any lower quality would be paper mache.

I'll admit that made me laugh, I do like the new backboxes, didn't think I would be they are great!

#3765 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Usually a lottery. Get what you get. A lot of guys i know were not happy with there titled LE Batman's, there named after one of the episodes.

Batman 66 was certainly the biggest lottery when it came to which LE your going to get, as each one was not only numbered but named and not all the gadgets/episodes have great names. I got lucky with mine

#3773 6 years ago

What episode did you get?

Double villain episode, was really happy with it

IMG_2992 (resized).JPGIMG_2992 (resized).JPG

Wonder if we will ever see another LE released based on episodes or some other form of theme related naming.

SW could have used characters/vehicles/weapons maybe or quotes loads of great lines from the films but not 800 so maybe that's why we just got numbers

#3777 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Have they said how many LE units to be produced?

Confirmed on Sterns official SW feature matrix:

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/star/premium/Star%20Wars%20Feature%20Matrix.pdf

#3786 6 years ago

Im going to need a really realistic Death Star topper, at least 15 inch wide. Lots of mini led highlights and detail. Budget, $300.

Death Star is in the game, topper needs to be lightsabers, there are not enough lightsabers in this game and you can never have to many lightsabers

X wing vs tie fighter would also be cool especially if animated and interactive.

#3860 6 years ago

Is that real? That's amazing if that was a real toy back in the day, maybe the force should have been "the marketing is strong with this one"

#3894 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree, but I'm in on an LE, smart or not, and distributors want commitments now. Hard to commit without seeing it. Pro buyers are in same boat if they are shipping now. How after 2 years they don't have something to show is beyond me. I'm still in, but I can't justify sending money for an LE until footage is revealed. Guess we'll see. I wouldn't buy a pro either without seeing it play first.

That's the LE gamble and Stern don't need to show footage to sell LEs, plenty of people like you that are "in" on an LE. Pro buyers are certainly not in the same boat no deposit needed or commitment for a pro or premium, btw I am not criticising I have done the LE faith gamble plenty of times, thankfully Stern didn't offer enough with SWLE so I've officially dropped my LE.

#3896 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree with you totally. When I said pro guys are in same boat, it's not exactly the same of course. I was meaning that distributors will be calling their customers with pros in stock that some guys ordered. No footage, but your pro is in. Good luck. Yeah, they can hold off easily unlike Le buyers, but somebody has to jump in first without seeing it. I'm sure footage will be up soon, it's just frustrating to anxiously wait to see a game we've been waiting years already for. What's another week or two right? The whole announcement to me seems botched, but like you said, star wars will sell regardless and stern knows that.

Yeah that's the beauty of going for a Pro you can just sit and wait without missing out, with SW there are going to be a tonne of OPs who want this out on a route it should be a killer earner, simply because it's SW, so we should see plenty of footage as soon as the overseas OPs get their hands on games.

I am in agreement with you and totally j understand where your coming from, the biggest LE gamble I have ever done (in my own mind) was with my BM66LE, that one did have me a little nervous and doubting my decision/purchase, luckily it worked out great as I love the game and hopefully as Lyman progresses the code it will only get better.

I have spent the last 2 weeks going backwards and forwards between LE or Premium, finally deciding Premium it's almost a relief can sit back watch and wait. But I wish all LE buyers the best of luck as always it would be great to see good code on release and a killer game.

#4031 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Have they got a marketing team ?

Yes they do, have you never heard of Jody & Jared?

IMG_3354 (resized).JPGIMG_3354 (resized).JPG

#4329 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Funny how fast people forget pinball machines are not designed for you civilians to own. These are commercial equipment meant for experts on repair to route.

Quoted from Msch:

civialans on pinside complaining that their game doesn't have the toy zip ties cut off is absolutely hilarious. Did you know that there are litterally thousands of other "games" that are delivered in pieces? If you want to hire someone to set up your NIB pin in your living room, we are available.

Yet it is all of us "civialans" that seem to be keeping this hobby/industry alive with our yearly purchases of multiple Stern Premium & LE games.

00 (resized).png00 (resized).png

#4358 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I am aware that Stern hired an ex-Topps marketing person a few years back. I know nothing about card collecting, but I was wondering if this kind of "marketing" was used in that world too.
I think the '3 -Tiered Model' approach came from the card market also. Correct? Seems to be working for Stern.
Please educate me. Thanks.

Your referring to John Buscaglia, who was VP of sales at Topps and is now Chief Revenue Officer/VP of Sales and Marketing at Stern.

I have had to deal with him recently due to a fairly big/expensive NIB issue and the guy seems pretty straight shooting and seems to get sh*t done.

I thought someone said ages ago the LE tiered model came from Gomez? Maybe it was a collective thing from a handful of people, John, George and others? Someone here will know.......

#4360 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I've saved enough money to get either Star Wars or Dialed In. Now I will have a tough choice.
With some experience in collecting unde my belt, my brain says to wait until both have been out and on the line for a year or more. For Stern, that's next summer. For JJP, it could be longer. Furthermore, my brain says to get the lowest price model.
My heart says to call my distro now and get a game asap. Get at least a Stern Premium etc.
For the time being, I need to make space in my game room. I'm holding out until I can sell some games.

From the sounds of it your weighing up a PRO or Premium with Stern and the equivalent with JJP, so just wait dude and see what turns out better and ultimately gives you more bang for your buck!

As long as you don't need to have an LE, you have all the time in the world to wait and see which game is for you, plus another bonus is by then Stern will have put out 2 or 3 more games and Jack will have announced #4.

#4457 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Is there any chance they heard some feed back about the pro versions Death Star not being interactive enough and switching it out for one that reacts more like a premium version Death Star.

Yeah that will be the day when pigs fly!
IMG_3481 (resized).JPGIMG_3481 (resized).JPGOh......well maybe!?

DJNOEL30 spoke with Jared who said there was a fault with the Dearh Star models, which is being redone hopefully for the better and the LE is being enhanced/tweaked.

#4461 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

We're in the home stretch. Sounds like Jack will stream it this week. I (along with a thousand of my friends) will get to play it at Pintastic next week. At that point it isn't spam, it's information.

Isn't Pintastic this week? Maybe I have the wrong date in my head but sure I saw it was annouced as the 7th, got me questioning myself now

#4518 6 years ago

Midnight for us in the UK which is perfect I am on a night shift tonight, so I will be streaming this at work on the fire stations big projector

#4602 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

I would have to say it's not there or complete yet as Jody earlier told them to drain their ball.

If Jody is calling the shots maybe it's more to do with the marketing side of things? You know by simply not showing all the game and spoiling the wizards modes on its first stream

Or it could be the issue that maybe the content/assists in those modes are not yet approved?

#5252 6 years ago
Quoted from karl:

stacking modes on a theme like this feels utterly wrong. You are playing scenes from epic movies but how can you feel like you are doing that when you are playing 2 scenes at the same time?

I too thought the same, especially when it was creating what I thought was creating a glitch in the LCD (cockpit showing Hoth sequences but suddenly tie fighters and a star destroyer appeared out of nowhere and where static images).

Edit: Looks like Dwight has already made it so you can play modes to suit your personal preferences

#5254 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You don't have to stack modes. You can choose one, the other, or both. If doing two bothers you, only do one.

Cool good to know boob, I completely missed that was an option on the stream.

Dwights enthusiasm was infectious during the stream, nothing better than watching and listening to someone who's passionate and loves what they do.

#5282 6 years ago

Yep the Link Lock, one of my favourite shots on a Stern, lightshow and music on that lock and MB are awesome! Majorly underrated game along with Ironman at the time, at least Ironman gets the praise it deserves now.

Interested to know how this Death Star lock that trunchbull spotted in the stream and chuckwurt managed to setup himself.

#5296 6 years ago

Plenty of SW video games to draw inspiration from for video modes, although that one you mention Levi doesn't sound or look half bad, makes me thing of HS2 in HD.

#5297 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

CONFIRMED. Hitting the captive ball after MB start on hyperspace MB adds another ball. Hitting behind does nothing.
I also just locked a ball in the inner loop during MB and the game was yelling at me to hit it but I missed and drained.

Sounds awesome, thanks for the confirmation, these little details are certainly adding to the appeal of this title, starting to look like a very deep Ironman - it might be a little stripped but it sure as sh*t makes up for it with speed/flow and looking brutally fun.

#5300 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Speeder Bike mode is amazing!

Video or it didn't happen

#5331 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Funny, nobody has said this about AS and that game could be considered bare too. But, I think SW is open because it's a more multiball focused game. The hyperloop is basically a third big ass ramp in the game, so I think if you want something less bare then consider a premium...
Rob

That's possibly due to pre conceived expectations? I don't no anyone who really had any expectations of what Aerosmith might be, where as a lot of people, myself included imagined or was expecting Star Wars to be rammed with toys and mechs.

I think that's why Star Wars is getting tagged as bare compared to AS. And as much as I would like to have seen more stuff on SW repressing some of the iconic SW imagery, IM is a good reminder that bare - light on mechs heavy on speed and flow can be a lot of fun!

#5341 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Here's an easy solution. Add a setting option to the code to turn mode stacking on/off.
Want a less hectic, more atmosphere, scene specific experience? Turn stacking off. Want to progress further into the game at a faster crazy pace? Turn stacking on. Hopefully Dwight comes up with that option, if it's possible.

chuckwurt confirmed earlier in the thread the stacking is an option when selecting mode/s. In which case Dwight has already done what you are hoping for

1 week later
#5655 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm with you in that hope!!!! -- I imagine an awesome light show and sound show. Lightsabers, Darth Vader, Luke, Obi Wan, the Emperor, etc.

Didn't you list 9 MB modes on the previous page without including Midnight Madness? So hopefully Midnight Madness is a bonus (10th) multiball.

#5700 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

1 magnet, 1 three bank drop target, and 1 VUK. Heck trade in the 3 pops for 2 of those and we have a game with some interaction.

Didn't the original playfield drawings show a magnet and 3 bank? A magnet with motorised 3 bank exposing a tight shot like the AMP suit shot from Avatar, would have been awesome, especially for a trench run mode.

Hard to understand why Steve didn't design something other than pops in that area. And 2 pops and a sling doesn't count as different or exciting to me.

#5791 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

$3k per game (that's my guestimate of Stern's cost per game)? Not prohibitively expensive.

That is a mighty good guess! I don't think you are that far out on the numbers.

#5824 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Nice softwareupdate. Well done Stern. Im sure Stern will make supersoftware for star wars. This pin is probepley there most expensive license ever

Let's give credit where credit is due if SW turns out to be awesome and complete it will be thanks to Dwight and most probably a lot of extra out of hours time coding.

#6154 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

They have also installed red convolux plastic protectors. Those protests are awesome. Hope playfield protectors are ready soon.

Can you provide a link to this video / stream?

#6156 6 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Really looking forward to Freddy's LE event tomorrow!

Damn I thought the event was today (Friday)

#6170 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For that matter, its time to just take a step back. Things have gotten WAY overpriced and the secondary market is speaking.

Definitely tonight alone I have seen alot of for sale threads pop up for some awesome games at great prices, some absolute killer deals out there, people are maybe selling more than one great game now in order to afford the latest game? New games compared to old are pretty much priced at 2

#6172 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I like deals ....where are they? Pinside is always high compared to what i have paid.

Check market, I saw a TWD LE and MET Prem at what I thought seemed great prices, obviously I am not in touch with US pricing on the secondary market but they sure as hell seemed like good deals from this side of the pond

#6178 6 years ago

DerRoland do you know if they going to be streaming or putting up a video up? or is it just a local event?

#6180 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Its a local event here wich starts any minute. There'll probably a video afterwards.

Thanks for the reply are you there? Someone mentioned a stream is that correct or just wishful thinking?

#6198 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Hey ,
I got some fresh pics from Freddy´s Pinball Paradise (SW LE #125 of 800):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zU3Ou43pRKs8hI4I3
Have just been there for 3 matches. Unfortunetly the gameplay couldn´t convince me 100%. Of course a Star Wars pin without any sounds feels like a steak without any salt, so my first impression maybe isn´t fair. At the moment I would give it a 7 out of 10. The displays and the animations are really great. The hyperloop is pretty cool aswell, but that´s it. The shots are a little boring imo. Ok, it´s fast, very fast. So if anyone is looking for a fast pin with a maybe deep ruleset and nice animations this could be the one. I would prefer some more features on the playfield and I´m really scared of the ghosting-lottery So I´m thinking about getting out of my preorder. Not sure yet...
Greets
Olli

Thanks for the photos Olli, is there a video you are currently uploading as well? Yeah the ghosting is now normal policy is a major disappointment, are you currently in on an LE? Anyway thanks for uploading some shots of the game!

#6232 6 years ago

The reason for the signed card is probably due to a lesson learnt from BM66, no signed playfield means there are no physical differences between the Premium and LE playfields, that way the QC department cannot sign off an LE with a Premium playfield in it and create the need for another playfield replacement programme.

#6234 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But that's hardly a collectible, no matter how you try to spin it.

I agree man, I just ment I believe from experience of it happening to me, the reason Stern have maybe gone this route for SW is so there cannot be any playfield mix ups down at the good old production line and QC sign off department.

This way every Premium and LE playfield can be built the same, dropped in cabinets and then the last thing that goes on is the signed card into the LE, no mix ups, no playfield swap/replacement program needed.

#6236 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I thought the LE's were suppose to have signed playfield sand then glossed?

Welcome to the new way LEs will be signed.

Obviously no longer on the playfields, at a guess maybe due to the reason I posted above.

#6254 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yet this is what people want so much in the TNA threads. Short ball times and out of control play.

Big difference imo is short ball times and speed suit TNA as a theme, as Jar said and I totally agree Star Wars paces itself out, the speed of SW didn't feel right with me the first time I saw footage of the pro, looks ALOT of fun but just doesn't look like SW, which more than a few people have said.

2 weeks later
#6679 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Awesome!
What number LE is yours? Steve Ritchie signature on a card or gold plate?

Look at his second photo in his post on the previous page, looks like a plate which is good.

Would love to see some Death Star video in test mode though, c'mon man don't hold out on us!

#6692 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm not paying $400+ for a topper but I hope it's cool for those that are into this kind of thing. And it'll be interesting to see if people are able to make alternate use of the topper outputs for something more ... economical!

Since Stern got into toppers they have been priced between $400-$600, if SW has a moving R2D2 with projector it should look pretty awesome but I'd expect the price at the higher end of their topper pricing, then again they might exceed what's come before and set a new high end topper price as it's SW.

1 week later
#6886 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I have faith Stern will make good on this as I'm in the extreme minority here. Fingers crossed they will, as I love their games and would like to continue enjoying new releases in the future.

There is certainly hope, I have a QC issue with my BM66LE playfield, have been speaking with Pat for a couple of months about getting the replacement sorted, today he managed to finally call me with a solid date for my replacement playfield, should hopefully be built this Saturday and providing it passes his personal inspection shipped out next week.

Cannot fault Pat, no distributor needed just dealt direct with him and he has been awesome through the entire process (even my dealings with John Buscaglia have also been great) and ultimately is the reason it got sorted

1 month later
#7293 6 years ago

Fresh from Sterns Facebook page, showing off new code coming in time for Expo maybe?

IMG_5798 (resized).PNGIMG_5798 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNGIMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5800 (resized).PNGIMG_5800 (resized).PNG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 10.95
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.