8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ita47.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#807 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

It's no biggie but I have just noticed that there is no metal plate with a laser cut design surrounding the illuminated button the lockdown bar on all three of the models which had become standard with games that had the button

I noticed that too, makes them look cheap. I hope the actual production machines have a laser cut design on the lockbar. The one on ST looks awesome.

#1478 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

ZOOM on the photo.
That looks like a camera, between the backlite and the display. Or could it be a laser light?

I'm pretty sure that's the back box lock. Aerosmith has the same thing.

#2098 6 years ago

Man LE Features are sparse. No mirrored backglass, no shaker motor, no lighted side rails, no laser cut emblem on lock bar, no antireflection glass...

Just laser cut side rails, gloss black powder coat, a couple extra translites, a signature, and a COA for an extra $1300. Those must be expensive side rails. I'm in on an LE, but having a hard time seeing the value.

1 week later
#3771 6 years ago

Yeah, talk about letting the excitement die... Almost two weeks after the botched reveal with games already on the line being built and prepared for shipment but still no game play video's. Stern is still leaving game play up to everyone's imagination and speculation. I think they need to go back to school and retake marketing 101.

#3788 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

pros are being boxed and still no gameplay footage??

Quoted from lordloss:

soo..... no gameplay videos?

Nope, no gameplay video... Makes me think the code isn't ready, so I wonder what will be on the games that are ready to ship now.

3 weeks later
#5465 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

our game arrived yesterday....
no code or SD card...

Mine too. I was told I would have the SD card today!

#5494 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

good luck on your end.
I dont understand WHY they did not ship the game with a stinking SD card!!!! So frustrating!!!!
Esp since we paid extra to get it shipped quicker. Lot of good it does to have a game you cant even power up.

Quoted from ita47:

Mine too. I was told I would have the SD card today!

Well no card today. I was just told Stern didn't get the SD cards shipped out yesterday so it won't be here until tomorrow

Why didn't they ship them with what ever code they had on an SD card in the game? At least then we could have updated it and been able to play our games.... Come on Stern.

#5543 6 years ago

Well I'm on day 3 now with a new game that I still can't play. I was told the SD card would be here by 10:30 am this morning and it is still MIA... I'm a pretty patient guy but this is pushing my buttons

#5545 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

were told that wont work in this case and not to try it...
hoping for a noon arrival fo the SD card

Hilton did you get your SD card yet?

#5572 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Last I heard... nope
No SD card

My SD card finally showed up about 2:30 this afternoon. I hope yours shows up as well. I love the game so far, it's fast and a little confusing at first, but I'm starting to figure some of the modes out. It has the great SR flow, but that horseshoe shot if hit too fast will end up SDTM.

#5576 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That's possibly a leveling/adjustment issue, one I've played on-route doesn't drain SDTM off the Death Star loop (ball save off targets and straight down right outlane is another matter ...)

I sure hope it is an leveling/adjustment issue, because right now this is the most frustrating game I have ever played. As soon as you plunge the ball it is out of control side to side every single time. So you get a lot of outlane drains. Then the loop is a drain monster, It doesn't drain if I hit it softer but if you hit it hard with a rebound combo its SDTM and lightening fast. If it would hit a flipper then it would be great. I just feel so cheated, I hate getting punished for making the shot I was supposed to make.

#5663 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

I sure hope it is an leveling/adjustment issue, because right now this is the most frustrating game I have ever played. As soon as you plunge the ball it is out of control side to side every single time. So you get a lot of outlane drains. Then the loop is a drain monster, It doesn't drain if I hit it softer but if you hit it hard with a rebound combo its SDTM and lightening fast. If it would hit a flipper then it would be great. I just feel so cheated, I hate getting punished for making the shot I was supposed to make.

I fixed my SDTM issue, I had to bend and adjust the right side of the inner loop. It had a fairly deep bend between the right end and the next screw back that was causing it to shoot SDTM. I removed everything took it loose and flattened it out a little and now the ball hits on the right flipper as it should. The game is definitely more fun to play now. Still a lot of side to side action, but at least now I can hit the Death Star shot without draining. Just wanted to update in case anyone else has the same problem. Now if I can just figure out all the modes and how to score well on this thing, the rules are deep!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 21.50
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ita47.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=ita47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.