Topic Stats

• 7,454 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 861 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

62061B38-8060-4461-8F4D-242BD9B0E9BC (resized).jpeg
23472719_10210607567895161_7467601903757511161_n (resized).jpg
DEF89B43-B640-4E42-8635-9BD608064D63 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2974 (resized).JPG
IMG_2973 (resized).JPG
IMG_2972 (resized).JPG
samualbracket (resized).jpg
IMG_0221 (resized).JPG
F272AAB4-3533-43FB-82D6-710295326A3D (resized).jpeg
8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (2 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (2 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (2 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (2 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (2 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 3 years ago

How could anybody expect GB or AS type art?

It exceeds my expectations art wise because I was expecting crap

Looks like it has great potential.

Oh by the way, the LCD will kick ass on SW!

#486 3 years ago

The Tie fighter moves to shoot the Death Star with laser shots until the Death Star breaks apart.

#551 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

It just looks like they designed it and came up with the artwork over lunch sitting in a booth at Taco Bell

That's exactly what it looks like, Taco Bell or McD's promotional artwork you'd see on the cups.

Even still, its nowhere near as bad as GOT art and that color scheme.

It might end up being like that "buttaface" chick you used to bang. Everything on her was mind blowing stuff and she rocked your world, but her face, which belongs in a brown paper bag, was not.

The LCD and light show are going to be SPECTACULAR.

THE sound is going to be AWESOME.

Dwight isn't going to F up the code, he'll do a great job and make it unlike Star Trek, with many more modes.

And there are things in there that we can't see or know about yet due to these shitty pics.

I love the hyper drive ramp.

So we will see, I'm not gonna judge it just by looking at the ugly face. Need to see her in action.

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Yea, but with Buttaface, you can turn out the lights or use a paper bag........you can't play pinball in the dark unless you are a ........ Pinball Wizard.......

My last 3 pins are GBLE, BM66LE and ASLE, gorgeous beauties, I still might need a Buttaface in the stable.

We were kind of told early on not to expect much from the artwork on Star Wars and boy were they right.

It almost has me considering DI but that artwork is worse and I don't think I can look at the dorky cell phone dude and Bob the builder toy.

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

BTW, I played a Aerosmith this weekend and it was a lot of fun. It's a great looking game and a ass kicker. The shots are hard.

Gotta love Borg. I think Ritchie passed the best designer torch long ago.

Still gotta see how this one plays before I decide to marry her or not.

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Roadshow, NBA Fastbreak, WPT...this is what you look at when you go in your game room.
You literally have multiple "Builder Bobs" staring back at you!

No shit. Butt ugly's. I don't mind some old school ugly though.

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

She doesn't want you. You've been with that disgusting BM66...some of your purple might rub off.

She is just still a young babe in the woods. Coming out of her ugly phase.

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Surely this is not real
Looks like something zizzle made in china
Time for new blood in pinball design, there are a lot of creative people out there??

What a joke

#802 2 years ago

So Yeti put the art experts here in place. Thx Yeti

Next I assume there is going to be some LCD, sound, light show, theme immersion and basic kick ass crow to eat next week

I just watched some of the Buffalo stream of DI. For those that like it, more power to you

I turned it off after 15 minutes. Sorry but the theme is a bore fest and yes, the artwork is terrible.

I suspect Star Wars has a few surprises on release plus we are fighting the evil empire and iconic characters and movie trilogy versus Bob the builder and cell phone sim city

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why is everything a comparison? Can't you just talk about one title for its own merits?
If you like or hate Star Wars, talk about Star Wars. Why do you need to drag DI into it?
If you like or hate DI there is a thread for DI. Come on people!

I'm thinking we can chew gum and walk at the same time and the fact that it's the other current release as people try and decide where people want to spend their $$

#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Does no one see how cool. The hyperdrive magnet will be? It goes around the whole game on it's on wire form and all the way around the backboard too and looks like it can have numerous different places to divert the ball with the physical ball lock Death Star with moving ramp and it explodes too and can be attacked. Sorry guys been collecting for a long time now 17 years and this is truly the neatest looking Steve Ritchie game we have seen in a long time

I do, I think it kicks ass and when we get to see ALL of the other features on the official release I doubt we will be disappointed.

Granted, there is ALWAYS your standard Pinside Stern hate but I am playing some AWESOME Stern pins right now, ASLE being the latest.

So tap the F ing brakes on the hate fest, do you really think Ritchie is going to deliver a POS?

#1078 2 years ago

Wait a minute Ted, you have the order all F ed up.

1. Announcement and reveal

2. It's the biggest POS pin I've ever seen

3. Hmmmm..."take my money"

4. Whiny Bitches

Insert #4 in between every number, before and after.

#1089 2 years ago

I forgot, the Colonel and other haters are Pinball design experts! Rotflmao

Last 3 Ritchie has done are Ac/dc, Star Trek and Game of Thrones.

Ac/dc is hard to beat BUT the hyperdrive and layout, I'll take Star Wars right now

And Dwight doesn't suck, in fact, he's pretty damn good!

#1091 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We've done this a few times before (WOZ for example has a zero negativity tolerance safe zone thread). I'll bounce the idea across the other mods and see if the team feels we should do something like that for Star Wars; likely too early for the need of a thread like that but I'm not opposed.

I think there already is a "Club" thread Tiger. Very peaceful.

This is where we argue out the hatred.

#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does it go all the way around? Or just stop at the Death Star to blow it up or lock a ball?
Rob

All the way around, also has under PF magnets up to the top.

The remainder of the story is yet untold!

#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

This is not the case with Star Wars. When I see it I think "welllll sheeeyat"

Get an AS Curly, problem solved, that pin is GREAT.

You need to just pull the F ing trigger and quit worrying about QC

My AS pf is as good as it gets and so is my cab.

#1099 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Sounds like something a Stern NIB distributor would say....oh wait...

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

But I am a Star Wars fan, and I'm allowed to be disappointed with what I'm seeing given all the possibilities and potential this theme had. Period.

You've seen it all yet have you? Why not wait to express your outrage when you actually see the real deal? Period.

Btw, AS kicks ass, again.

#1109 2 years ago

Pinside in real life NP........

why-do-kids-whine (resized).jpg

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No sense of humor tonight?

I'm in my own whiny mode Art. Aggravated by Alien, yet excited by SW AND for the benefit of the Colonel, I F ING LOVE AS!

You da man Art.

#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What a hypocrite. It's okay for you to shit all over Dialed In before seeing or playing it, but not for others? You really are a piece of work.

Excuse me, I watched a lot of DI stream and just don't like it

Have you seen any SW video. Wtf. I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference

I hate the theme dude. That's it. I hardly think it qualifies as shitting all over it

NOTHING like the non stop cry baby bashing you and others hit Stern with

Carry on hypocrite

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

And the people commenting here have seen the photos and just don't like it. But of course, when you do it, it's different somehow.

Send me a pm. No need to clutter up this thread with your attacks on me

#1304 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I will so buy 5 of them right now if they're available...Secret Santa gifts. Ice, what's your address?

Shoot it to me. I'll wear it!

#1323 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

If there is anything I've learned from this thread, it's that iceman is staying on the blocked list.

I'd block you too but you are a knockerlover so it has get really bad.

#1395 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

People really are crazy when it comes to Pinball. It's amazing really. If I were Stern I'd keep cutting costs and raising prices. To hell with quality. People haven't stopped buying yet.

That would be a stupid strategy on their part

All JJP really needs is a consistent stream of GOOD titles

I'm very happy with every Stern pin I have. My ASLE PF is gorgeous and the clear is best on any pin I own. So it appears they have addressed that issue

Had JJP put out themes like GB, TWD, BM66, AC/DC, Met, ST, Star Wars, Aerosmith and Guardians of the Galaxy I'd be spending my $$$ there too

#1523 2 years ago

My how things have changed in the almost 7 years I've been around Pinside.

Back then, JJP and Woz was the primary punching bag. I was the Kool aid drinker and full of optimism and excitement with getting back into the pinball hobby. To me, JJP was making it cool with that LCD.

We argued, fought about each Woz update, laughed, joked, made fun of ourselves and hugged it out at the end of the conversation. Back then a good Titty pic would QUICKLY put a thread back on track.

I also purchased my first pins, a LOTRLE for $5200 and a WOZ for $6500, which at the time was like WTF am I doing, that's crazy.

Fast forward, we have had the SkitB, Jpop, DP and now Heighway debacles/disasters. AND pricing for these pins have gone up dramatically.

On the flip side, so has the FUN FACTOR, sound, lighting and LCD.

Optimism has been replaced with cynicism and people on edge in large part I think due to pricing.

With respect to Ritchie, in large part due to PRICING, he ought to have a little thicker skin.

It's hard to enjoy purchasing a pin these days, and sharing info about that pin with fellow pinsiders without it turning into a bash fest.

It's always good to hear the negatives and people's opinions, the constructive ones.

#1544 2 years ago

Totally agree with Tiger re Stern.

They might claim they don't read or pay attention BUT we know for a fact that's not true AND they would have to be total idiots to ignore a large chunk of their buyers.

They might not like the criticism but I've always said, you gotta take the bad with the good and own it.

The alternative is that no one gives a flying F about your pins and don't comment either way

When people stop caring enough to voice an opinion that's what they really ought to fear.

#1570 2 years ago

Stern pays me $1 for every positive post I make.

They actually had to send me a 1099 for taxes

#1609 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Rather see Elwin do Guardians then Trudeau.

I'm putting 2 x 2 together here. Guardians is up next with the Archer layout. Smassa would probably know what his friend Elwin is up to.

#1621 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'll believe Smassa on this one since he's buds with KME. I think the Archer layout is great and I'm excited to see it in a production game!
Besides isn't Trudeau doing "The Beatles" with Chris Franchi art. The only question is which game is coming out first!

I think Guardians is next

Trudeau supposedly did Iron Maiden with Yeti

My first choice would be Borg and Franchi on Beatles but I do love my GB!

#1626 2 years ago

FYI, Gecko 157 with the Kansas Jayhawks avatar is a creepy stalker. Beware

He follows me around and downvotes every post I make.

Maybe because Kansas football team sucks?

#1628 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Same here. He doesn't post, just downvotes. Lucky there's the Pacific Ocean between me and him. I'd be worried if i were u.

Nobody knows who this Dick is?

#1630 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yeah I meant Yeti on IM. For some reason I wrote Donny's name. I know ZY has been actively working on a Stern project and I have one of his Iron Maiden posters hanging in my game room.
You could be right on Trudeau doing IM. I know he is into music. Just seemed to fit Borg better and I figured Trudeau would be up for a game (Beatles being the natural fit) before IM comes out.

That's the rumor since Expo

#1634 2 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I noticed he down votes all of Aurich's posts also.

I was beginning to think I was special or something. Good to know he's an equal opportunity down voter.

#2117 2 years ago

I'm thinking premium as well even though I have LE on order

800 LEs is not limited and has zero value

No real glass back glass like on ASLE. Wtf

#2122 2 years ago

F it. Who am I fooling. LE it will be

400HD video scenes

16 modes and 9 MBs

Hyperdrive looks cool as shit!

#2186 2 years ago

When we start seeing balls flying around, HD movie clips, lots of modes and multi balls, sound etc. That's when it gets real.

All of the foreplay so far doesn't mean diddly squat to me. I'm in unless the above sucks.

#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

LE's come with all three translites, so swap away!

Why all three though?

I'd rather have one real glass ASLE style. Absolutely stunning.

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

We're talking about access to the most recognizable sound design library in human history (Steve Ritchie and Ben Burtt, yes please), with characters and mythos second pretty much only to Jesus, Santa Claus and Superman.
For people like me, if the "experience" is dialed in (heh) we're just not going to give a shit if there's not as much going on under the table.

Excellent post.

It's a Star Wars theme based on the original trilogy. What's not to like?

16 modes and 9 multi balls playing from 4 different characters and viewing 400 HD video clips from the one of the most iconic Movies of all time.

Hard to imagine the immersion on this pin isn't going to be off the charts. Cue up the intro music!

#2408 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still early days, but once the dust settles and despite various disappointments, I suspect the immersion is going to be awesome and more people are going to want the game than they do now!

I already feel the immersion!!!

It's gonna be awesome. Modes, MB's, characters and 400 HD Video movie clips on perhaps one of the coolest such video of all time in the movies.

Let the balls roll, ready to see it tonight.

#2410 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Ah with shipping you are probably right. It is a short enough drive for me to pick it up so I was able to save there.
I'm like most other people here who are big Star Wars nerds but when you compare the products side by side around this price range, you would be hard pressed to say they are comparable - in my opinion of course. I really like the theme of DI and I know that not everyone shares that sentiment.

It's great for everybody that there are choices. Going through the justification process happens every time a pin is released.

Star Wars will just be a phenomenal immersive theme. The LCD video of 400 movie clips, 16 modes, 9 multiballs and 4 player types.

It's Ritchie and Dwight.

At some point, you end up playing the pinball machine itself when it gets delivered.

#2415 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

We'll see how the flow and code is but until then,

They will get my $$$, no need to ask. LOL

#2506 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

How many times are you going to say that? Is Stern paying you a per diem on this?

I already said I get a 1099 from them per positive post!

I'm excited, this is how I pump myself up into purchase mode

Yeah baby!!!!! Boom boom

#2507 2 years ago

Plus this thread is moving so fast due to all of the excitement it bears repeating

Some launch thread comments can stay fresh for months

#2745 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm in on a SW LE, but I'll back up anybody that says ALL the jjp games are far superior quality and detailed compared to any stern. AS is the closest stern has come. That said, I'm pretty pumped for my SW. FYI, I also like GB.

It's the "far" superior quality statement that gets a lot of people.

Fact is that they NOT far superior. PFs? Nope

LCD? Not anymore

Sound? Nope

Can weigh more? Yep

Does is matter the minor differences? Obviously not in sales

Sometimes I wonder if anybody actually plays pinball or do they stand around and look at their direct print Woz cabs and say, "OMG look at that baby, I'd like to just crawl all over that thing"

I have some kick ass pins that I love to play. It doesn't matter who makes them to me

#2747 2 years ago

As for "good value", do you define that as paying $8500 for a Hobbit plus shipping and then selling it mint on the secondary market for $7000-7500?

Not me

#2778 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I honestly can't say that I've played any Stern pin that feels as sturdy and smooth as Dialed In.

Well that and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee

Sturdy and smooth is not overrated elsewhere

#2814 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Put a couple of 40 pound weights into the new Sterns if you want them to feel sturdy. All of those extra miles of unneeded wire, the 40 pound transformer and other obsolete components don't make JJP games play any better.

Hilarious and so true.

I don't think phones or computers are trying to get heavier, just the F ing opposite

Whatever makes em feel better!

#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I'm not rooting for one company or the other, but the Stern cabinet could not handle another 40lbs. They are already coming apart in their current state.

You bash Stern pins on every thread so I doubt that.

Mine are solid and "aren't coming apart". It's a BS statement.

My ASLE PF is as good as it gets, along with every other Stern cab I have.

JJP can't even ship a pin within 2 years.

#2823 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

All of my Stern cabinets are intact as well, but many have had issues.
It is hardly a BS statement.

The word "many" is BS

#2826 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Actually dile's shipped today which is exactly when they said they wld and only 7-8 months after the reveal and after the real world testing they were put threw.

Believe what u want BigD

Just another Jack lie

We will announce games and ship them like Stern

If u like it great.

I'm tired of hearing the "far greater quality" BS argument

Stern will absolutely BLOW DI out of the water sales wise and they will crank out 3 or 4 more pins before JJP knows what hit them

#2845 2 years ago

I'd say take your JJP BS over to that thread. Nobody here cares.

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is a problem only Stern has.
No one else can announce and ship a game that fast!
With the LE being as weak as it is it shouldn't be hard to just wait, unless you're a "gotta have it no matter what" buyer.

Hahaha.....

Yep, as I'm having a blast on my ASLE, waiting now on the SWLE and of course the ALIEN LE.

Not waiting on JJP

#2883 2 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I think it's insane people would buy a game without playing it first. F**k a video with someone else playing..

Come on Moto Cat man, watch a little streaming and dive in if you like it. AS turned my ass around. Love it.

But then again I like playing pinball machines and not just looking at an weighing them pound for pound.

#2884 2 years ago

It's really kind of funny but there is a phone ringing selfie mode pin option.

#3051 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Consumers can determine the quality and value for the same exact MSRP cost of this title.
I do not believe a game features matrix is required for proper comparison in this case.

1) it's not the exact same cost. Why bother with that

2) consumers will buy several thousand more Star Wars

Why? Because it's Star Wars

I'm sure the buyers of DI are gonna love it though

#3113 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The wait for new info bores me to death...

Did i mention that Star Wars has 400 HD videos, 9 multi balls, 16 modes and 4 character players?

How about that Death Star, Hyperloop and Jump ramp?

#3115 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Who gives a flying f*&%...thats the problem with all these JJP fluffers. Go have your little circle jerk in one of the JJP threads. You don't see half the people going into Hobbit threads saying how its a huge POS (which it is btw & yes I owned one).

3 months and 600 posts on the DI thread. 9 days and 3000 posts on Star Wars.

DI guys are just lonely and want to come over here talk to us excited SW guys? It's a much smaller "circle".

#3118 2 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

They are simply putting less dollars into a machine than ever before.

Ever actually look at a GB pin?

They are simply selling more pinball machines than ever before, that is a FACT.

The Stern bashers love to just make shit up.

Quoted from TVP:

The reason the SW machine is price rich and feature poor is certainly not due to the licensing fee.
Perhaps it is that stern is making machines today at their lowest cost of goods sold ever and their profit per machine is at its highest.
They are simply putting less dollars into a machine than ever before.
While there are no other manufactures that offer a lower cost PRO model like stern does, they are really raking in the money with prems and le's.
Sterns lowcost pro model is their bread and butter and competitive advantage against everyone else.

They are "raking it in" because they are making GREAT pins that people want to buy.

Low cost pro has competitive advantage price wise? It's called a choice you get from Stern.

#3121 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

9 multiballs?????
Where did you get that info.
sounds like a multiball-overkill to me

See what i mean, it bears repeating!!!

#3125 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The minute the cost doesn't equate to value for a consumer, sales will drop quickly

Somebody else said it, it doesn't matter WHO makes the pinball machine people want to buy. Choice is a good thing.

I have wanted to BUY TWD, GB, BM66, AS and now SW recently. If JJP put those themes out I would have purchased it from them.

JJP finally added a great designer in Lawlor, Stern has many great designers to go along with coders and artists.

It doesn't hurt they have Yeti, Donny and Franchi doing the artwork.

It ALL adds up to putting out great pins.

#3128 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes, I'd like to know what the supposed sweet spot is for multiballs? My position on multiballs reads like the welcome sign at a Turkish bath house: The more balls, the better!

Boobie, I can see you splashing around in a turkish bath with a dozen fat russians and balls flying everywhere.

I love multi balls!

Has to be Panzer posting? Ignore is bliss.

#3152 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Lol - seriously ?? You want to compare those games with DI? Well let's just compare the model of Jack Guarneri going across your playfield in a hard hat with Indiana Jones? Now you have your answer. I bought RS for my kids and I guess I might trade that one for DI but that would be it.

Why would you trade that "packed" RS $3k Bally pin for DI?

Talk about an awesome Lawlor layout. Pure genius

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And the real backglass is light years better than a Stern translite.

I love a real backglass. Btw ASLE is real and gorgeous!

#3157 2 years ago

Hobbit LE prices, or any of them because there really isn't an LE, are now in the $6500 to $7000 range on the secondary market.

People selling to buy other pins. That kind of speaks for itself doesn't it.

BOM just doesn't matter that much in the pecking order of pinball fun.

#3170 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are the 16 modes actually unique?

That's the key, they need to be, and i would guess they are with the 4 character play.

Surely Dwight won't do a 4 character 4 mode each ladder?

I think it works on GB myself, I like it, its not RS linear, however, i don't want to see a ST mode game or a linear ladder either.

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Never take pinball advice from Ice
He bought a Bowel Movement 66..... & then later on a GBLE during the play field meltdown. So he's a Stern soldier no matter what they do.
In the past he preordered games that were like 3 years behind schedule (WOZ & TH). Then the dude preorders TBL, Predator & Atomic Zombies... All he needs to do now is put in an Alien preorder & send kickstarter funds to Vonnie D
Also he's from Texas
Maybe a lawyer too
No thanks Ice lol

Wtf u talking about Curly, I have an Alien pre order too!

That resume sounds really bad. Especially the Texas lawyer part

But see how much I've learned over the years from my mistakes! Not much

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You've taught us that you LOVE pinball and that the hobby is also a great way to gamble!

Dang right brother! Love this F ing hobby and the people in it

I agree 100% with Jargus, the Stern LCD is crisper and much more engaging.

AS and BM66 are cool and fun in large part for that reason

Star Wars is gonna be the ultimate LCD clips and animations!!!!

I assign huge potential fun value to that fact. Not a roaming picture of sim city that i hated to being with

#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Buy a Golden Tee to redeem yourself sir
You can gamble up to $50 per round

This summer for sure. The gambling part is what scares me!

#3189 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern returned to a real backglass on AS? I had no idea. That's awesome. Will SW LE have a real backglass as well or just the mirrored ink translight?

Total bummer on SWLE.

ASLE is gorgeous and real. Why do I need 3 regulars?

#3196 2 years ago

Man if you haven't played the new Stern LCD and SW is the first pin for that then you are gonna be thrilled.

I was going to skip past AS and SW but after BM66, yes its really good, I picked up an ASLE and Wow F ing factor.

I'm afraid if they keep pumping out fun factor I'll lose my mind and have to keep buying these F ing pins.

#3211 2 years ago

SR was very weak on discussing the pin and how it plays.

Start spilling your guts and selling it versus waiting for stupid questions.

#3237 2 years ago

That had to be the biggest waste of time ever

Wtf was that?

Why send those guys to the NW other than for a vacation

I'm sure the "cancer" that is Pinside merely speaks the truth in this case

Absolutely horrendous, while funny, I could care less about Black Knight or the replay of the SW video they showed.

Artwork replay was horrible. Get to the next slide please

And take your sunglasses off when you are giving a presentation.

Pinball people are the absolute worst marketing people on the planet

#3244 2 years ago

Please let Badbilly F ing help

Zero excitement

Terrible presentation

Call it like I see it

#3252 2 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

It think it was even worse in person.
I would have left a couple hours earlier if I'd realized how bad it would be. (To be fair, I got there way too early, which was nobody's fault but mine).

I felt sorry for the people sitting there

Jersey Jack is as bad or worse

Jack thinks he's great but he's an awful presenter

#3310 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

16 regular modes plus 9 mballs and 1 wizard mode makes for 25 modes

That would be 26 but who's counting.

#3340 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Good point. Do we know if the Williams score is in the pin?

Well it says it in the features matrix

#3445 2 years ago

If Star Trek was based on the original series I probably would have bought it.

Star Wars is set up to potentially be great, now all we need to see is some Danger stream!!!!!!!

#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's ACDC that I can't figure out, and I've had that game for 2 years...and Bowen's rule sheet is 30 pages long. THAT'S friggin' ridiculous...

Me either, never took the time to really get Ac/dc rules, I was too busy with beating TWD

#3477 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I think the Pro and Premium translites are fantastic. Wouldn't change them for the world.

I need to see it in person but i think the LE translite sucks. Now if it was real glass I wouldn't care.

#3651 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look I don't mean to belabor the point but I HAVE PLAYED THE FUCKING GAME. There's nothing wrong with it (well except one software bug). Stop pitching bullshit conspiracy theories because you are butthurt there's no video.

-removed-

#3704 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Yeah you're right they are doing it all wrong. Star Wars is sure to flop now and will probably get crushed in sales by DI.

Careful, that's "off topic".

When is the stream? I hope they show all 400 HD video clips

#3717 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

At $7.5k for a full featured premium, or $8.5k for an LE (after buying shaker motor) - and I am out of the nib pinball market. I'd always consider pro models too, but $5.5k is more than I'm willing to spend to open a box. It really doesn't matter what the title is either ... I maxed out at: 4.8k / 6.3k / 7.8k. New doesn't mean better, I tell myself. SW will still be exciting to play, ans I look forward to it, just won't be owning one, or any other nib Stern going forward, evidently.

Turn out the lights. The party is over

#3722 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Still no date for the deaqdflip stream? - Are you kidding me?
On the other hand: Why should Stern do any marketing NOW (!) when they have allready more orders than they could possibly build in the forseeable future. (And the floors full of cabinets in the factory suggest that.)

This is true.

So spoiled.

Announce a game and expect it to ship

Who else does that?

#3746 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They would never make a widebody. Too much wood=Too much BOM=Less profit.

Just charge more. When has that ever been a problem.

#3749 2 years ago

My ASLE pf is as solid and the best clear coat of any pin i've ever purchased.

Hopefully they continue that quality with Star Wars. After GB i would think they would.

#3834 2 years ago

Yes, MANY times

Oh btw, 400 HD video clips, 9 multi balls, 4 player views and a partridge in a pear tree!

#3890 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm not buying anything before seeing it first.

That's the beauty of it. You don't have to buy it ahead of it time. Usually a good practice.

They are shipping soon so you'll see plenty of video soon enough.

#3961 2 years ago

Sometimes you gotta have a little faith and trust people!

Great theme. Check
Ritchie. Check
Dwight. Check

Use a little imagination for F's sake

I can see that hyper drive in my mind right now. How F ing cool is that

And it's Star Wars in LCD

Drop that M F ing mic

#4260 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Is that a good or bad thing?

It's a who cares thing right?

SW generates a whole lot of interest though!

#4317 2 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it, the new Stern assembly team is on it!

Stern (resized).jpg

#4345 2 years ago

Ohhhhh yeah babbbbbbbyyyyyy!!!!!

It's Friday afternoon and the beer is ice cold

Gettin ready to pop my first top ladies and gents

Yep, life is good today!

Video or not

#4350 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...no gameplay video this week?

Boobs, you are just a "civilian". Yes Mr. teacher that's the right spelling.

That means, us "civilians" are on a need to know basis right now.

And we don't know a F ing thing.

Now that won't stop me from extending my good karma BS and beer drinking for the moment.

Go whip some ass on those damn kids, they need it!

#4373 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Nothing tough about it that decision. Having unboxed and enjoyed Dialed In already, I can confidently say you will have a RIDICULOUSLY good NIB experience with Dialed In. We were talking about what Stern in recent memory is this physically well-designed and FUN, and came up empty. Nothing compares in the recent Stern world, and Star Wars machines will be all over the place eventually, so they will not be hard to find if you decide you MUST have one later.
Lots of great pics and impressions of people with the machine here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/8#post-3845886
Treat yourself to a Dialed In.

Treat yourself to poor CC PF's with chipping already occurring on multiple pins.

Oh wait, that is supposed to only happen with garbage Stern

I'm shocked. Greatest f ing build quality ever

#4378 2 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Haha "multiple pins". One guy with a legit issue and Another with a piece of clear. I would take you more seriously if you called it plainly, but you white knight for one, and and over exaggerate on the other. If you aren't on sterns payroll you should be with the amount of defending you do for them...

Whoops, two guys now.

The sky is falling, rally the JJP defender troops!

#4380 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Id rather have a SW pro then any model of DI...i have/had more FUN on all my other Pro Sterns then both JJPs i owned. DI is a fine machine but not a game i consider special or would ever want to own. Star Wars will be special to me.

Because its STAR WARS right!

You aren't allowed to say you didn't have fun with Woz and TH.

Btw, I've owned Woz from day one and while i still really like I've had much more FUN with TWD, GB, BM66, AC/DC and AS.

So Star Wars is next, looks like it will be a blast.

#4385 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If anyone likes those titles, cool -but they don't get my heart racing like Waking Dead or Aerosmith.
So it's awesome that JJP has a decent game out and that people are giving it great reviews so far... But I don't think anyone in here (a Stern StarWars thread) gives a lick. Jumping in here, and toting DI as being better than anything Stern has ever done is pretty douche-baggy, no?

The JJP army has to feel justified with their purchase of DI for some reason so they gotta knock down Stern pins.

"Hey i just paid $8400 or $9400 for my shipped DI and i got my money's worth compared to any Stern pin". Really? "New technology"? What a load of crap.

If it makes them feel better, whatever. I buy what i like and what i think is fun. That might be a JJP pin in the future, I don't really give a F who makes them. I like playing them.

Hobbit LE's are now selling in the $6's. Tell me again where the "value" is?

#4400 2 years ago

No one is knocking down shit. I hope star wars is incredible, I genuinely want one and excited for it. I simply dismissed the notion you brought here that JJP has clearcoat issues off of one guy. Literally within 10 minutes of the guy posting he had a chip, you run to the stern thread with your justice boner to make sure everyone knows that "multiple pins" have an issue. Pathetic showing honestly. This is a Star Wars thread though, so I'm done with it. Carry on with your mission white knight...

Relax man, its been a non stop shit fest with Stern over every little F ing issue.

The double standard and hypocrisy is pathetic and i'm F ing tired of it.

I'm not calling you out personally but its all the other jack wads that bitch and moan about every little thing.

And btw, Vireland said his pin had a piece floating down the PF too. That makes 2.

So the JJP army needs to check themselves and hug it out in the DI threads. You are gonna need it.

This is STAR WARS, get it?

#4402 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

I wish this thread just was...
I saw all the activity and got excited thinking video had dropped.

What's up Kevin, nope, nothing to see here yet. The JJP army (as small as it is) has provided clutter.

That said, on the heels of my ASLE, which has a fantastic CC pf, gorgeous artwork and awesome fun pin, Star Wars will be epic.

#4404 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Same shit different day Doug!
What about you brother?

Yes sir my man, living the dream! Patiently awaiting some SW video.

#4409 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Dude. Iceman. Neutral party here. You are way overreacting.
I love Star Wars and can't wait for this pin and if there are a few little problems out of the box, well, every pin I own needs a little work every now and again!

Double standard hypocrisy. Not calling you out. Just the other Stern "way overreacting" haters dude.

It's all good, no need to go into full blown defense mode.

Once again, this is a Star Wars thread.

#4413 2 years ago

Hypocrisy? Like going into DI threads complaining about JJP? Guess the rule is for everyone else except you.
Sad part is almost everyone wants the same thing. A fun game, good rules, solid product with lasting support and reasonable cost. I don't care who makes it honestly, means very little to me. Hell, in the last 18 months 2/3 of my NIB games were stern, and I'm in for SW if it's turns out like we all hope. Either way, without a damn video of gameplay, I'm pretty sure the pissing contest will continue.

I own a JJP pin and spewed the Kool aid many years ago with Woz, #1 JJP defender then. Learned my lesson.

I F ing hate the THEME, period. Next? Nobody Gives a F.

You and JJP Skymont need to roll back into your DI threads. Quit whining about video.

Maybe Jack can call Gary and see if he can make it happen.

#4427 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You do the same thing in JJP threads. You're welcome.

I don't like the theme.

Go back 6 years ago and check the JJP threads.

The onslaught of BS from the Stern crybaby postarazzi is WAY over the top.

Your welcome

#4428 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Why would Iceman wish to stoop down so low to that gutter level?
Spoiling threads with clutter is not within the good spirit of Pinside.

My bad. You are correct Aussie 100%

#4438 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Let's see if we can find common ground...
Do you think someone that has had a playfield or cabinet replaced, or that should have been replaced has the right to bitch? Or are they a crybaby?

Of course i do, call Chas at Stern and your distributor. That's what i've done with the fixes I've needed for my BM66LE and GB pf replacement.

Problem solved. I expected Stern to stand behind their products and they did. Of all the Stern pins i've purchased i'm fortunate enough to only have had a few issues that needed to be dealt with. JJP has done the same thing with my Woz, fixed all the issues.

Whining about it on a pinball forum, OVER AND OVER, isn't going to get your pin fixed.

Exposing the issues and problems are very helpful for all of us. It's the over the top rhetoric that isn't helpful and is why no one from either JJP or Stern bothers to respond or post on here anymore.

So on point, here's hoping STAR WARS is a great success and relatively trouble free. My ASLE pf is the best CC job I've seen on any pin I've owned.

Video coming this week!!!!

#4443 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I wish iceman would let us know what he thinks about the cc on his AS. jk.

Just trying to give you guys confidence that the PF issues seem to have been worked out. Very satisfied

No Boobie, not referring to the CC on my ASs

#4544 2 years ago

Boom boom. This ought to be great. I'm excited. Let the hate flow tonight!

fyi, GB is one of Stern's biggest sellers ever, per Stern

#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I think it looks brutally fast, which I love!! You could hear the excitement in Dwights voice, he put a lot into this game! This will be a hit!!

I was thinking the same thing. Dwight was like a kid in a candy store with his excitement explaining the rules and the variations thereon.

He's awful proud of his work on SW and looks like rightly so.

The LCD integration, lighting, sounds and call outs are phenomenal. Its one thing to watch it on a stream and another to get full blown hands on immersion.

Def brutal fast, can't wait to see the hyperdrive loop in action.

Stern is going to sell a shitload of this epic theme. The pro will be a HOME RUN on location and is great value for $5400.

My expectations were exceeded and glad i stayed in on the LE.

#4757 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The game is under the glass, not on the side of the cabinet or on the back box. I really don't know what else that you would want from a gameplay perspective? It looks fun as hell to me and the art isn't nearly as bad as what alot of people are making it out to be. My TWD and GOT Pros are both a little weak in the art department but who cares? That doesn't keep them from being two of the greatest pinball machines ever made!

They have to complain and bitch about something. Yes GOT is fugly. TWD ain't no looker either. GREAT pins.

It looks awesome, if you like to play pinball, what's not to F ing like? Especially the pro at $5400?

Compared to DI or ANYTHING else out there, including the premium and LE its a bargain.

Jamming crap all over a PF doesn't make it great. Sorry.

And did i mention, THEME MATTERS.

#4770 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

There's no bargain in pinball in the NIB market, no matter where you look. Everything is overpriced. And no way you can stretch the definition of bargain to apply to a Star Wars premium or LE. Come on now. The game is barren and they have stripped out even more than usual on these things.

I said the pro is a bargain IF you like pinball

NOTHING else is a bargain by comparison

Not every pin needs some bash toy

It's not about "stripping out"

They have "stripped in" an awesome LCD, lighting, call outs and phenomenal theme

Looks super fast, great flow and fun to play

#4773 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Everything is overpriced? Hmm....I don't feel like my TWD, GOT, GB, or new AS are overpriced at all. Hard to put a price on something that you enjoy in life. Enjoying life is pretty priceless IMO.

Spot on

You have some people waiting for pinball pricing to return to the 90's and actually think it should happen.

If you don't like it, build your own. That's what Elwin did

#4774 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You can buy two or three great machines on the secondhand market for the price of a single NIB game. Even more if you pick up some pre-90s games.
People, pinball didn't start with Metallica.

Exactly, nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head

I still like my NBAFB, WPT, RS and INDY500

All MUCH cheaper games

I want new pins with great sound, lighting and LCD and will pay for it

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I mean, I do too, but I still feel like they're overpriced. GBLE, WOZ Ruby, and DILE aren't exactly what I would call my best days of bargain hunting.

Bargains are in the eye of the beholder right?

I have two of those pins, paid $6500 for Wozecle and $8000 for GBLE

I also paid $5200 for my first Nib pin. A Lotr LE

I don't think anybody can look at buying a Nib pin today and say "yep, I really got a bargain on that one"!

Every pin north of $8k will lose $$$ if you go to sell it. Period.

What's the value in getting to play it and enjoy it in a HUO environment?

$1500-$2000? Because that is what you will drop when you go to sell.

To me, that's a cheap price to pay for a whole lot of fun

#4786 2 years ago

Btw, let's clear this thinking up now

DI looks good, lots of cool stuff, Lawlor design etc

But, anybody that thinks their $8400-$9400 DI is going to hold its value any more than any other pin at the same price point is CRAZY

You aren't getting "value" in that sense. If they can keep selling DI Nibs they will do it for a decade or more. The printing press will run

What you are seeing for TH and Woz secondary market now is what you are going to see for future DI pins on the market. Just like every other $8k plus pin, Stern included

MUCH lower prices.

And I say it doesn't matter but some people are living in a fantasy land

#4794 2 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

To be fair, the "early adopters" on both pins got a much better price than where the retail price ended up. That was a big factor of why those dropped faster than some others. DI will depreciate too once the ops start selling in a year or two, but I think the drop will be more muted.

My "early adopter" Hobbit price for a Smaug Gold LE was $7500. I was paid in full and got a refund after the infamous expo.

Today, they sell in the $6500-7000k range, "lightly used and minty".

Great for bargain hunters?

It won't just be Ops selling. All of these overpriced pins today will hit the market to buy the newer latest and greatest shiny toy at the time.

#4846 2 years ago

Did somebody say there were 9 MBs!

Has Derek listed it yet?

#4882 2 years ago

I know one thing, we have collectively become one spoiled group of hobbyists.

When you can pick apart an exciting new pin like SW, and I'm not saying its a huge deal its just part of the hobby, we have multiple great options of pins to choose from, I'd say we are MUCH MUCH better off than we were 7-10 years ago when pinball was going down the toilet.

Even Dialed In, I hate the theme but so what, it looks like a fun unique pin. Brought Lawlor back from the pinball graveyard. That's a great thing.

Does it cost a lot more today? Sure. I don't want to go back to the lean days, let em survive and thrive.

Take a moment to let these games put a smile on your face. I know they do mine.

#4884 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I hit a 4 bil HOTK hurry up the other day. Doesn't make it broken, gives the game risk/reward. Don't know why so many ppl want linear scoring story driven games. Why can't we have both? Breadth people! Beating games and kickin ass is what it's about.
EDIT: keep in mind Keith has been playing and learning the game for months. Did you notice Dwight kept playing Han Solo and going for the boba fet hurry ups but couldn't blow it up? Risk/reward people!

No shit! For great players like myself and Elwin we need variety, all forms of great pinball.

#4901 2 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Wrote a massive rant But deleted it. Short version... massively disappointed. I was REALLY looking forward to Stern bringing their A-Game to a Star Wars title. After the reveal, and seeing the game play demo yesterday, not only do I not want to buy this table, I have no interest in even playing it. In my opinion, possibly the worst table they have ever designed.
Hope they make a profit and keep making products, hope people who like this table enjoy themselves, but the direction they are moving with design decisions is clearly not for me. I might need to wait out the current trend before I get to enjoy a new table again. Until then I'll go back to enjoying older titles.

You are tripping dude

Lots of em titles for sale

#4906 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Speaking of that can you change the audio out on Spike games? Actually I don't care, can you change the videa clips?
I know i must be the 100th person to think of replacing everything witch Family Guy Star Wars clips right?

wtf are you talking aboot now Law? put the crack pipe down.

#4915 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I'm a big fan of the show as well and I disagree with all of this. Playing GOT feels like someone took a bunch of random stuff from the show and put it in a blender and all the bits and bobs are being regurgitated as I play. I don't find it immersive at all - if I were being generous I'd call it "minimalist", a game stripped down almost entirely to scoring with some Game of Thrones-themed party decorations strewn about.

What do you like Trunch? You seem very hard to please.

#5144 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks like Beezleboob is having a blast, I bet he gives the game at least a 9.0/10.0

Nice tattoos Boobie!

#5146 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A guy might be able to pick up some chicks with a shirt like that?

Boobie with tats and sleeveless. Chicks dig it!

#5151 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The guy with sleeves is beelzeboob.

Haha, I'm F ing with him.

Show us your ass Boobie. You said its nice.

#5152 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Unless you have a gut like I do

Is that you next to Boobie Trunch?

He's got a nice arse.

#5165 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm sure some of you feel that way and that is a shame. What I do is pay for something I've seen and played and expected nothing more than that because I know exactly what it is I'm getting. So no way of me paying for something then being surprised when it's not what I expected. Every single purchase I've made has been exactly what I've expected.
I suggest the people that feel so upset about all this spend time doing other things. It seems this isn't any fun for you.

Time for another beer for me

#5166 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm wasted after some shots with yzfguy. So about Star Wars

Loss for words because you are wasted?

Let's hear the wasted review

#5171 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I am only one drink in on the east coast this Friday night, so slighlty buzzed enough, but still sober enough to say that there are just so many whiney bitches here after catching up on this SW thread. I dont know? Maybe bitch after you played it? If you dont like it OK, but who are you protecting by putting games down? No pinball or pin company is perfect.
A lot of you are really making Pinside suck. It was not always like this and I am not an elder of this group who has been on here forever. It is really getting out of hand.
I am not at all happy stating this but it is true. Sucks.

I'm several beers in and I've said the same thing 1000 times

The little whiny bitch crowd is quite persistent and yes, very F ing annoying once again

Heading in to see Spidey, grab a box of popcorn and chill out

Send me my LE, thanks

#5220 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now all we gotta do is get colsond3 on board !

He already is. Said he thought it was the greatest pin ever!

As usual, to fully appreciate any pin you have to actually be able to hear it without 100 other pins going off in the background.

Good review Boobs, figured immersion level would be off the charts. It's Star Wars after all.

One of the biggest upgrades with the Spike system is the SOUND. It's a phenomenal improvement and makes a HUGE difference, especially in conjunction with the new LCD.

#5224 2 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

My son and I logged a few games today at Pintastic. Star Wars is just so fun, so fast and with so many satisfying shots. The sound and light show is really well done too. No, the art isn't the best you've ever seen but if you value fun gameplay above all else, you'll really dig this game.
We came to the show thinking we were buying a Dialed In. We played a lot of that too but Star Wars is definitely the more fun game for us. We'll be buying a Star Wars.

Boom boom. Thx for the review

No brainer

#5449 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Tits and Ass when you have a mind like mine ....or Total Nuclear Annihilation which is a new upcoming Pinball Machine!

Great minds think alike Billy! Asked same thing in DI thread

#5487 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Only the SLEs come with code now.

Yep, 8 months later

#5493 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Mine came straight from Stern factory and has SD card so id assume your good.

Thanks man will do, i only made sure everything worked quick so far.

Yes booms looking forward to review!

Stern haters like Hilton don't get SD cards with their games

1 week later
#5895 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I was just about to post this. People bitch non stop no one is trying new things with pinball, then new things are tried and everyone bitches because its to complex or I have to move my hands from the only two buttons on the machine? Lets bitch about how GB sucks because its the same modes in the same ladder time over time again (do I really need to play who brought the dog for 19th billion time?), now lets bitch about how SW has to many paths/options to pick from? I truly feel no matter what anybody does anymore, people are just going to find some reason to bitch. Its not just pinball its plaguing society has a whole.
All star wars literally asks you to pick is a character at the beginning of the game, and then pick a path (ie: reward) at the start of each ball. Thing is you don't even have to pick either of those things, you can just plunge the ball and start the game and shoot for whatever you want, you never have to use move or lock in your multipliers either. You can see every mode, and aspect of the game without ever having to take your hands from the two flipper buttons, it will however just make you shoot a lot more shots to do so.
Society is in such an instant satisfaction state of mind now, if you cant pick it up and figure it out within a few minuets, then its to much to handle. People truly need to just take a step back (maybe take a brake from pinside?) play some pinball and realize how good we have it. We are in 2017 and have new pins coming out (multiples from different manufactures), what would people do if all pinball manufactures closed shop? No new pins were coming out to bitch about?
Okay, end rant.

Amen. Major thumbs up here Willy!

#5916 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Don't you ever need to take your hands off to take a sip of your beer?

All the time!

#5921 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I kind of pictured you playing (and Pinsiding) in one of these:

That's hilarious. Even though we all argue back and forth, some more than others, I know we'd have a great time playing pins and laughing our asses off if we were in the same room.

#6035 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's hard to to fix when the pin I'm playing is on route and I don't have the key.

That's frustrating and BS. The Op needs to adjust the scoop power. Simple fix. Any way to contact him?

#6105 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Have you seen Girls Trip?

I have. WAY overrated. New chick is hilarious though

#6165 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ugh. Please no. I'll keep my translite and I love the size of the Stern screen.

Stern has gotten the LCD right. JJP is too much imo.

#6167 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

DI is much better.

All I have to go by is my Woz versus BM66 and AS. I love both.

I'm sure DI has gotten much better than Woz hopefully re the LCD. Either way, I'm very happy with the Stern display subject to looking at JJP #4

#6169 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Did I miss something? The leading candidate was POTC rehash last I checked.

No way, just referring to the LCD getting better.

POTC is a ZERO no matter what.

For that matter, its time to just take a step back. Things have gotten WAY overpriced and the secondary market is speaking.

#6195 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Not sure why you think this. Stern has already washed their hands on many GB playfields. Now they are just making it easier on themselves by putting it in writing. If the game is still functional and plays as intended you will likely get no compensation... yes i imagine if the insert falls in and creates a ridge or gap it will not be considered "ghosting" but that's it. One more case to buy used and let someone else take the NIB risk.

With MUCH higher prices You are already taking a big hit today the minute you open the box, like driving a car off the lot.

Add in the potential ghosting issues that Stern has now said is normal and they won't cover makes it a gamble not worth taking.

Like I've said before, losing larger chunks of $$$ on the secondary market is REALLY going to impact future NIB sales of these JJP and Stern $8k plus pins, or any of them for that matter.

#6231 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here's your "Designer Autographed collectible"...

That and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee!

What's not to like?

Maybe they were afraid of Steve chipping the delicate pf's while signing

#6265 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also how does this setting affect the right scoop?

On GB we have a setting to affect the power on the librarian left scoop itself. Had to adjust it because it would kick out SDTM too often.

Does this not exist for SW scoop?

1 week later
#6537 2 years ago

Chill out

Have a beer

2 weeks later
#6879 2 years ago

As usual, people are arguing about this or that.

And as usual, there is no right or wrong.

Some people state their opinions as if it's a fact. It's not, it's just your opinion

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
5,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside