8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3674 6 years ago

Is that a JAWS logo on Elwin's hat? Let rumor central begin!

#3676 6 years ago

And I approve of the SW play-tester! Come on Elwin ... balance those modes and make it competition worthy!

1 week later
#4212 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure they could give us all a wonderful video right now. Edit it any way they want to make it look stellar. Everyone Buys!

However, this is looking more like a popularity contest. They paid for the license. Now they want to milk it.

How? Get as much online (website + facebook) traffic that they can to boost the whole companies profile.

Why try to get people to visit their facebook page once, when they could have tons of people visiting every day. Hits! Hits! Hits! That's all they want. Can you blame them?

Still, it appears as if they have gone a little mad-cow here. They are milking this just a little too much. Our teets are sore at this point!

I'm still planning to get one. But I've got to be honest. They are stripping me of that magical impulsive thrill I thought I would have with going through my 1st NIB purchase. Enough to say, that if it were any other theme than Star Wars ... I'd probably just back out and do the wiser thing (buy a used machine).

We are over-paying for these machines. We deserve to be treated better every step of the way.

These flash tease videos are great for their facebook #s ... but ultimately will rub some people the wrong way. Sure everyone will still buy a Star Wars, but after that, and with a little awareness as to how we are being used, the miss treated sheep-cows may take their coin elsewhere???

STERN ... enough already. There are 85 pages of useless posts here.

Find other ways to get your popularity traffic! (Stern Army, Stern Tournament Circuit, Mods, etc...)

Do the Right Thing! Give us a proper video!

***note: I am a very quite guy on Pinside. Some would say more of a lurker. Yet, this whole teasing thing has even got me willing to post. Never happens. They must be pushing this too far. Moooooooo!

#4215 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

What you say:

What Stern hears:
"Blah, blah, blah.....I'm still planning to get one."

Very true! Just trying to create some awareness. Baby steps.

Maybe if enough people become aware, they won't chase the illusive unicorn video.

Admit it, how many of you pinsiders are rushing over to Stern's facebook page and clicking like mad in hopes of a video? How many times have you refreshed the page?

Again, I don't blame Stern. Smart play on their part. The demand for a video is there, and they know it.

Just be aware how you are all being used in the process.

1 month later
#6704 6 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Remember we will be live at Facebook from 20-23 Copenhagen time.
https://m.facebook.com/BakkenMrMuscle

Oh, it's on right now.

Seeing a bunch more stuff than on the Dead Flip stream. They are going for more than just the Death Star.

Also, I need all of your help. I am making Polls to improve Star Wars Code. Here are the first Two Links:

STAR WARS Poll #1: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-poll1-mode-shots-more-mode-specific-sfx-please

STAR WARS Poll #2: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-poll2-give-us-a-tense-trash-compactor-mode

Vote and give your ideas!

#6709 6 years ago

Scroll down to the short looping video of a Star Wars LE and click on that. then scroll down to the video that says "LIVE" on the top left corner.

Then go vote and post constructively on my two STAR WARS Polls.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-poll1-mode-shots-more-mode-specific-sfx-please#post-3915062

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-poll2-give-us-a-tense-trash-compactor-mode#post-3915362

#6713 6 years ago

Fair enough.

Just looking for support on the matter.

So many posts go up they push polls down. People comment less on polls, so they get burried.

But I do see your point of view.

The irony, I actually tried to help someone else out by getting them to the stream he asked for, and that's the one post that gets me in trouble? Funny how that works.

#6719 6 years ago

No Worries. I respect the system.

I'll stick to bumps.

BTW ... I've been watching the LE stream ... and anyone else notice that the Original music is pretty cool?

1 week later
#6897 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

What are saying here? I see three inserts for regular modes on Hoth, same as all other planets, and then the hotdog insert.
How is this different?

I am guessing he means overall, between all the different heros. Cause some heros have different modes for the same roman numeral.

Personally, I hope they keep adding more modes that are different depending on which hero you are.

Quoted from Edenecho:

Lol 1 hoth mode is missing, wtf?

Here is hoping Hoth 1 is worth the wait. Maybe they have something really creative in mind that is taking longer to program? I vote for shooting down some Probe Droids! "@$@#$ Man the defenses $#@#$" with Han ... and a Wampa fight with Luke!

Maybe we get more integration with the small LCD screen? I could see that taking them more time.

#6903 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

No Hoth 1 mode is auto completed for all characters so far. There is no actual Hoth 1 mode yet insert is lit for all 4 characters. It will make total sense to you next time you get to play.

Holy crap! You know what would be super cool, and give the machine even more replay-ability?

Imagine they make some extra modes that only unlock and can be played when starting as a 2nd hero!

Those elusive, fun modes, that reward you for winning the game once.

Stuff like, a Cantina mode, Star Wars Battle Chess, Dagobah training, C3-PO telling Star Wars tale to Ewoks, etc...

Modes that are just plain fun ... but you only see once in a while.

With the Roman Numerals (instead of mode named inserts), Stern has the freedom to keep adding as many modes as they please.

If they build them, we will play!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=hoser and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.