8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#311 6 years ago

Christ some of you people must be smoking crack. You think that's clip art on the backglass & playfield???

That's CLEARLY hand drawn original art, and I can only imagine how detailed it will look when the HD images are released. Same goes for the playfield. The rush to judgement around here never ceases to amaze me.

Looks pretty damn sweet to me, especially the Premium with the Empire theme. You can never have too much BOBA FETT. I trust in Steve Ritchie, this will be a super fun pin to play.

bg (resized).jpgbg (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2444 6 years ago

Has no one mentioned those character selection screens? Seems like you can select your character before plunging, with each having various bonuses. Each has 2 selectable missions, but some skillshot bonuses are unique to each character

Luke: Strong with the force -- Jedi Training, +5 Tiefighters
Leia: Strong in missions --- Light Mystery, +3 Bonus Multiplier
R2: Good with multipliers -- +3 Bonus Multiplier, +3 Shot Multiplier Bonus
Han: Outwit Bounty Hunters --- +5 Tiefighters, Light Escape from Boba Fett

Sounds like there will be plenty of variety & options with each gameplay. Makes me want to escape from Boba Fett right now! Really looking forward to seeing how the code, lightshow & video integration all comes together. You know it's going to play fast & be fun.

You can say it looks sparse, but if that money is put into the lightshow & coding, I'm fine with that. Will all that open space, this will be the most modded game in pin history, for better or worse.

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I love Iron Man to death. Almost nothing on that playfield. The sound bites, background audio, speed and flow just make the game. Same potential here.

Truer words were never spoken. Huge IM fan here.

Can't wait to see actual premium gameplay with the hyperdrive ripping, balls diverting & six balls in play, while you're mashing the apron button during video mode. Throw in some nice lighting effects, sound effects, music, video clips.....could be some pretty damn intense fun!

"But the playfield is barren without any toys" (shrugs)

It's all about presentation, gameplay & code folks. Looks like a lot of fun to me.

#2600 6 years ago

Don't care about pricing right now. Premium is the way to go anyway, and they'll be making these for years. They'll be easy to get once I finally get around to buying one.

What's up with that Millenium Falcon LCD mode pictured above? That another video mode, or do you have to make shots to dodge the asteroids, while you advance levels & build up your streak? Looks pretty cool, would be even better with John Williams "the asteroid field" playing in the background

#2907 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice to see the pre order model is alive and well in Star Wars Cosplay:

HA! Off topic I guess, but you have no idea. Screw ANOVOS, the company that makes that costume. Their shit is overpriced garbage, make you preorder years in advance too.

#3135 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, Dominoes, yes the pizza pin, has more features then Star Wars Pro for the same price. It has metal ramps, a motorized target bank, a magnet and a toy that rotates.

Come on Panzer. I almost spit out my coffee reading this drivel. Dominoes is one lame ass pin, and yes I've played it. Nice try tho.

#3141 6 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I wish they were selling a premium with "Jedi" art. Then you could pick between dark and light side cabinets.

Wait about 4 years when SW becomes one of their all-time best sellers & they release a new dark/light premium art package. Take that prediction to the bank.

#3216 6 years ago

Well that was a waste of time. I asked who was doing the custom callouts in the twitch feed, but they didn't ask him. Don't understand the secrecy. Talk the game up, give some details

1 week later
#3850 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Does anybody want to actually play the game first, before they clutter the playfield with useless junk?

With so many SW toys & merchandise saturating the collectors market for the last 40 years, I don't think there's any doubt that the SW pin will be the most modded game ever, and that's not necessarily a good thing either. While there will be some cool stuff for sure, there's going to be a lot of god awful toppers & crammed playfields that are going to be tough to look at.

b124502c996eb1257c49f984c79ba48a329898d2 (resized).jpgb124502c996eb1257c49f984c79ba48a329898d2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4252 6 years ago

It's a good thing IMO

IMG_9250 (resized).PNGIMG_9250 (resized).PNG

They are cranking them out

IMG_9257 (resized).PNGIMG_9257 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#5339 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

This is true. I think they did themselves a disservice by going straight to mode-stacking during the demo in the Jack Danger video. Instead of showing off some of the coolness of each of the singular modes first, it looks like jumping straight to the mode-stacking in the beginning completely confused a lot of people (at least based on the commentary here on Pinside).
I love the stacking though. Once the novelty of the individual modes starts to get old, you can dive into stacking modes to up the challenge.

Here's an easy solution. Add a setting option to the code to turn mode stacking on/off.

Want a less hectic, more atmosphere, scene specific experience? Turn stacking off. Want to progress further into the game at a faster crazy pace? Turn stacking on. Hopefully Dwight comes up with that option, if it's possible.

#5342 6 years ago

Yeah I get that. You have the option not to select a stacked mode.

If two people are playing though, and one guy is selecting stacked modes & the other isn't, the guy stacking is probably going to score way more points, since he has more modes running at same time. It would just be nice to turn the stacked mode option off in the settings, then multiple players are forced to play the same way. Just my two cents

3 weeks later
#6279 6 years ago

I think jar155 hit the nail on the head.

Put me in the camp of SW nerds that are disappointed with the final package. I can only imagine what JJP could have done with this license. I guarantee the design would look & play nothing like the Stern pin.

I think it's great that they came up with something new, via the moving/lockable multipliers & use of the action button, but it seems like such a poor choice on a game that is so fast. Add in the fact that you barley have a chance to look & absorb the shot info on the LCD, and with lacking callouts, blended stacked movie modes, it could make for a pretty confusing experience. Especially for non-pinheads.

I've been waiting for a dream theme modern SW pin for years. But after I've had a chance to think it over, I've decided to pass for now. There are just too many games out there with great gameplay to take a gamble on an early SW order.

I bought an IMVE instead

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 21.50
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=hoakypoaky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.