8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 6 years ago

Premium represents the bad guys, that's the one for me. I've always liked the bad guys in Star Wars I'll leave the playfield to judement after I've seen more.

#70 6 years ago

I agree the playfield looks void, but the same thing was said of Star Trek when it was released and later it was a non issue. We need to see what it offers before a rush to judge.

#106 6 years ago

No worries on toys, I'm sure we will be adding plenty. There are tons of possibilities for star wars out there.

#979 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

As a Star Wars fan, I like all of the cabinets but I think I do like the Premium best.

Its certainly my favorite of the bunch. I wonder how it would look with white armor, storm trooper addition? Looks like it already has white trim around the head.

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not holding my breath, but I'd love a magnet or a few of them under the playfield.

Hey maybe there's a mist multiball style magnet that carries balls across the playfield that represents AT-ATs that need to be taken down before they reach the other side. Can't tell from these pics.

#1177 6 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

I think it would have been cool if they did either Force Awakens

Personally I would have been 100% out then. Rogue one would have caught my interest though.

#1282 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That's my point, a high res picture is not gonna polish a turd.

I think several of us including Rarehero missed your sarcasm. It is a terrible backglass (assumedly) image. I can't believe that's for the LE. The other two versions are vastly better.

#1289 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I guess it could have been worse...like a "Full House" kind of photo. WTF?

Take out the ewok and I like that one better.

#1293 6 years ago

PiperPinball - That is cool.

#1389 6 years ago

Someone who's skilled with Photoshop, please doctor up that premium with white armor and lollipop rails. I really want to see what the storm trooper edition would look like.

#1835 6 years ago

Pro side art looks awesome. They all three look great.

#1867 6 years ago

I don't see much benefit to the LE unless you're really in love with those side rails.

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

I love the Pro cabinet art but want the Premium features...Would love if they let you 'downgrade' the cabinet.

This is where I'm at, but I do like the head art on the premium better. Just give me a pro cabinet with premium head art and features. Perfect.

#1909 6 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Wait for the Star Wars Vault Edition then...
I'm happy with the looks and will be getting a premium...

You miss read my post then. I like the premium, just prefer the lower cab art on the pro. A few posts up I stated the art looked good on all.

#1933 6 years ago

I think its going to be similar to Tron in that its going to be a little underwhelming (for many) bone stock, but once the right mods are added it will shine up nicely. Add some ships, replace the cheap looking pop caps, some other items yet to be thought of and it will look good. The real down side is that its starting out with a much higher price.

#1947 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I wish the tie fighter was darth vader's tie fighter and could spin when you blew up the death star (in addition to wiggling).

Yes, that would have been really cool. It's difficult to stomach a 6-8k game with a bobble tie fighter. But that's what it is. There seems like there could be a way to improve this.

#1971 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I may though, that video mode looks really dumb. Why does Dwight insist on putting video modes in his games? I'm not a fan. I want to play pinball, not bang a button, or pick bacon or star, or do bad pixel fights. Just leave the video modes out!

Maybe it will be like STTNG where you can just opt for a fixed sum of points if you don't want to play it.

#2044 6 years ago

Perspective

ST features -
third flipper
interactive vengeance ship
asteroids - does nothing
enterprise toy - lights up
star field projector

SW -
Hyperloop
interactive death star
bobble tie fighter - bobbles
millennium falcon - lights up?
2nd LCD screen

5 features each. Really not much of a difference there. Code will be key.

#2056 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

well if you are comparing the ST get all the facts cause you are using things from the premium le star wars and not all of star trek features.

I was just comparing premiums, since there is really no LE here IMO. So yes missed the kickback. As for the magnet in the vengeance, well, the death star has a ramp and explodes. LOL I was equating the two as one feature.

#2077 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Funny seeing people arguing about what is essentially, who wins the battle for the most stripped down game.

True. I'm trying to maintain some sort of positivity here, but it's a struggle for sure. It's very difficult to argue that its not stripped down. I was hoping to find some hope with other successful games that were also stripped down. IM TRON and ST come to mind for me right away.

#2112 6 years ago

Now that I think about it, AFMR LE is really looking packed with features now. Considering its a game traditionally thought of as sparse.
Powder coated rails and legs
Interactive topper
5 color changing LED mini saucers
interactive mother ship with RGB LEDs
shaker
3 bank drop target assembly
mirrored blades
4 jumping martians
extra large color display

#2160 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

The player will decide to play as Hans, Leah, R2D2 or Luke.

I will be playing as R2D2 every time.

How come no Chewbacca? Huge miss right there.

#2211 6 years ago

It looks best with the pro translite IMO.

#2372 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sorry if this was answered already, but are there real actor callouts in the game?

I'm not sure if its answered, but I'm reasonably confident that there isn't any or I would have thought that would have been noted in the features. Doesn't matter too much since we will be adding them anyway.

#2382 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Doesn't mean there wont be in the future. I personally doubt there will be, but I said it earlier in the thread, Karl Urban's Star Trek callouts weren't a matrix feature, just something that happened later on.

That would be nice to have some custom callouts from the real actors. Anthony Daniels would be the logical pic if there could be just one. Maybe Admiral Ackbar (whoever did his voice) would be a good choice?

#2389 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It's pretty cool! Lots to do and FAST, classic SR. loop under Death Star is brutal, SDTM sometimes as well as off the 3 Bank under the screen

Can you speak for the light show? Did it set the mood during the different modes well?

#2441 6 years ago
Quoted from crussomd:

Just ordered my premium. My son is over the moon for this!

You guys are lucky that have sons that are into pinball. I could take and axe to my games and my 14 year old would barely take his eyes off his Xbox game to notice.

#2488 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I'll bet there will be over $1K in "official" Stern produced accessories for this game. Ugh.

It would be a backdoor markup of 1k on an already marked up game.

Anyone see what Gary is driving these days?

#2648 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The lifting ramp and physical ball lock.

I thought the pro had a two post style physical ball lock?

Anyway, I agree there are some significant price jumps between models and the value is highly suspect to say the least. Its what 2k from pro to premium? You get a cracked egg, hyperloop (the best part of the prem\le), and a lit falcon toy. The LE is the biggest money grab though. You get laser cut side rails and extra translite art....for 1200-1500++ depending on who you're buying from. Plus IMO has the weakest art package (subjective obviously).

I'll still likely go Premium since I like to have all the features, but I'll have to admit, this is the first time I've been on the fence between the two.

#2675 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Star Wars has...a mini Tie Fighter on a spring that moves when a small standup target is hit..

I think all the bread went to the mini LCD. Hopefully they utilize it well, since it would have otherwise been a major interactive toy, which would have possibly subjugated the masses.

#2683 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Thos LCDs are dirt cheap. Buying in bulk, they're such a minimal cost.

True, however, how much is a plastic toy with LEDs and flashers tied to a small coil? Probably equal or less maybe? Plus very little coding to add to the toy compared to the LCD.

#2787 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like R2D2 is gonna be my go to.

There's something about the idea of kicking everyone's ass with R2D2 that just seems very satisfying.

#2960 6 years ago

Alien would be champ on shots then with 11. 10 If you don't count the Xeno shot. Lets hope they can gets those out the door someday!

#2978 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

This game screams shaker motor.

That's the point. Stern knows full well you're going to buy one for SW if its not included, so why include it? They get a little double dip that way, assuming you buy theirs.

#2983 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Even if you remove the tin foil after the first dip and use that end for the second dip?

I think that would be an acceptable move. Neither your mouth or hands have touched that end, as long as you don't dip too deep.

#3029 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I know you are playing as the good guys, but this would still be fun...

I was thinking the other day that it would have been really cool if one of the charters could that we had the option to play would be a bad guy like Darth Vader or Boba Fett. I get it though that would have meant a ton of extra coding for empires perspective. I always enjoyed playing the empire in the Battlefront games and even going back to the old PC Tie Fighter games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 21.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.