8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballsofsteel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1804 6 years ago

so they changed the AT AT hoth cab art on the premium? bummer.

#1817 6 years ago

goddammit, as if i wanted to buy another stern NIB.

here we go again.

#1848 6 years ago

and the pinside hater crowd is silenced in light of the first video..

#1900 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh...and no shaker, right? There goes another $150 to upgrade that.

i got my last one for 75$ delivered from my distributor.

#1958 6 years ago

Star wars premium/le will be Richies the getaway on Stern Crack! it....is...going...to.... beeeeeeeeee insane.

#2032 6 years ago

i can't be the only person that wants to play the premium/le today?

i think this simple and deep layout, along with the hyper ball guides throwing balls in front of your face 100 miles an hour looks super fun.

#2140 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Profitability - This table will be insanely profitable.

yes it will....soooo,

Quoted from scarybeard:

this machine will be selling used for $4,000 or less 5 years from now.

not if operators are killing it on location with them. I think of south park as an example. It is not much fun but the theme are earnings have been driving demand and the price of the machine up for locations. If star wars is making good/great money on location, the value will not decrease imo.

#2355 6 years ago

wow, the pro really has nothing for toys. at least you can make the dragons wings flap on GOT pro. the cost of the premium is overwhelming, but the pro really has nothing but 2 ramps.

#2739 6 years ago

'get the super jackpot you must!'

should be a yoda mb callout.

#3594 6 years ago

why hasn't stern released a gameplay video yet with pro's already on the production line? geeeeeeez

crickets.

they are kinda of blowing it with their 'marketing' i'd say.

#3599 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Game was announced end of may. How many other companies announce a game and release a video less then a month later

true, but these pins are being built right now. I am just excited to see something other that photo's i suppose, and i'm really interested in how the hyper drive ramp is incorporated with mb's and ball releases.

#3616 6 years ago

i don't care if you/him/myself are or aren't on pinside, the people want to friggin see some Star Wars!!!!

show me the hyper drive money! i need the hyper drive money!

#3630 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I figure I'm 40 years old.. I have only 20 years left... might as well make the best of it

same mentality for me, i don't even own a house and i'm 39, but i can cough up 1/4 of my annual salary after taxes for a dream theme SW pinball machine.

1 week later
#3948 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

FFS this thread sucks

stay tuned, we can expect more bitching about the artwork or the lack of magnets on the playfield!

#4044 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think a more modest level of success would be that the game attract some additional quarters and dollar bills on location

i think this will be one of the most recent machines that relate to non pinballers out there. "they have a star wars machine?"
The lcd and old trilogy will bring in both the old star wars generation and the new generation in. I also feel that the pinheads will love the gameplay, and it will hopefully become one of sterns top playing/earning machines. So you will have win-win on locations imo.

We want to see video, because some of us have a large investment in on it, and maybe some of us wake up in the mornings thinking, "why am i spending 7300$ or so for another pinball?" Video could ease that mentality with confirmation that the game plays well, and doesn't have any engineering flaws, specifically with the hyper ramp loop and mechs.

#4065 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Missing Death Star may be the reason!?

no big deal, it's the only toy on the machine.......

#4151 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm definitely wanting the hyper loop, but man, is it really a $2000 option with a cracking death star. I'm not at all interested in the pro at this point, but it just got me thinking

i consider most stern pros the winning model. In this case, i feel the pro really has nothing if it doesn't have the best feature on the premiums/le, the hyper space ramp/loop. first premium i will own on preorder, but i still want to see...cough cough...some video?

#4170 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

$2k for a ball zipping around a loop above the pf with no interactivity to actual gameplay?

so basically, you would be getting a HS (pro) vs a Getaway pin (premium/le)?

#4306 6 years ago

memebb3698912221b2c3 (resized).jpgmemebb3698912221b2c3 (resized).jpg

#4436 6 years ago

does it seem like we actually get a real plunge skill shot on this machine? It seems like it spits out to the middle of the pf, maybe the 3 stand up target area? vs the typical stern plunge to the upper right pop bumper area.

#4446 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I though I read that it plunged to the force targets? maybe roving skill shot like on T2 using the fire button?

yeah, that's what it would appear to be. Nice change of pace for stern, maybe they can make the skillshot payout like GB.....but not that much....

#4492 6 years ago

welcome to the GB thread!!

#4510 6 years ago
Quoted from Rico_Roughneck:

6:00 pm central time

please elaborate

#4537 6 years ago

i think people are going to freak out after tonight...in a good way. Once that Star Wars theme music starts, the movie clips displayed on the LCDS, and the ball plunges into the playfield, the haters will subside into the abyss.

Quoted from Deez:

This is the first Stern I've ever been jazzed up about. I love Star Wars.

#4733 6 years ago

nobody thought the strobing for "escape from boba fett' mode was way too much? I enjoy the strobing WIC on GOT, but man, the boba fett is just too much, and too long.

people complaining about stacking modes or having options for 1 or none? lol, have you never played GOT?

I think this game will have short and long ball times, it happened to Jack. Sharpe and Elwin can step up to any modern stern and play 1 ball for 25 minutes...no surprise there.

Other than that, this pin looks super fun. Pumped up for the premium!

#4982 6 years ago

blockquote cite="#3854366">But that layout is SOO tired. Couple that with no, zero, zilch interactive toys and it's blah to me

you forgot about the hyper drive loop on the premium/le. although not interactive, it will be pretty epic with balls looping around during ballplay. It is one of a kind (besides the Getaway).

This game gets your heart beating with the music, bonus and playfield multipliers timing out, and fast returning shots from the inner orbit loop. Throw in the balls warping around in front of your face and flippers, and the game will be complete madness.

i love all of the mode stack options, and Dwight said you can stack 3 multi balls at once!

#4989 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

NASCAR does it more like Star Wars than The Getaway does.

true, but that loop isn't right in front of your face. I forgot about that one, probably because it is...well...nascar and forgettable.

#4998 6 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

I suspect that hyperspace loop is exactly that. Just a visual gimmick that will not affect gameplay in any way. You heard it here, Pro and Prem will play identically, more closely than any previous SR game since he came back to Stern.

i think the big difference will be the hyper space mb. i noticed the captive balls are released at the death star on the pro, and added into gameplay if i recall (1 ball per death star shot?). i will assume the hyper space loop on premiums will actually loop these balls into the death star or something?

#5003 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's the best time to get your beer going while sparky prepares to fry.

yeah, no time for that when there are tie fighters to be blown up here! Only beer break time, similar to GOT, is selecting your mode/modes.

#5010 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

There is suppose to be a ball save on the right outlane similar to Star Trek.
Per the Stern Matrix for SW

the ball save for outer lane drain is lit after completing a certain number of 'force' drop targets, exactly like GOT...see the GOT trends here yet people?

#5041 6 years ago

nobody has mentioned the TWD comparisons for the 'force' drop targets yet? somebody in the stream mentioned there are 5 levels of completing the drop targets, which then fully lights the 'f', then, 'o', then 'r', then 'c', then 'e'. I think the 'e' is the last and highest level, some sort of mb mode or mini wizard mode.

so TWD fans, maybe this will prove to add gameplay and strategy to SW......

#5043 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Completing the drops five times gets your multiplier doubled

so what are the other tiers? number one lites the outer lane saves? then what, i forget what was mentioned. I thought each 5 drop target completion awarded something different.

#5433 6 years ago

so i hear the premiums and le's will have a hyper space loop....sigh.

#5669 6 years ago

anybody have any updates for us premium/le preorder people? i have no clue when to expect my premium....i would very much like to see a gameplay video. I hope there aren't any issues/hold ups with the hyper space loops and the death star.

#5711 6 years ago

most stern machines already have a lot going on with the pros....i don't see myself ever wanting to own a SW pro, as there isn't much there in all honesty.
I'm sure the pro is fun, and plays well, but in this instance.....i'd actually pass on this machine all together if i wasn't getting the premium.

all i've ever wanted and owned are pros, and this is the first time i don't see any value in the pro.

forgot to mention...the pro does have the gi color changing leds now...so that is the only bonus i really see in it.

#5713 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I don't see any value in the premium

well, if the hyper drive doesn't engage...i won't see any in the premium either...

#5725 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You are paying $1500-$2k more for what?

for owning the getaway and SW in one machine? i've wanted a getaway, and was trying to get one recently actually. This way i get both, in my own little world.

#5728 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Getaway is about a $2500 game? You could literally own SW Pro and Getaway vs. an SW LE, right?

close;

2500$ +5300 = 7800

$7300 shipped for SW premium.

#5941 6 years ago

a broken tie fighter is my least concern with my premium on order......

#5946 6 years ago

crazy, looks like 4 magnets and 4 switches behind the backboard that run the hyper loop...so 4 balls can be stored for the hyper loop? or just 3 on the loop?

#6014 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Should be adjusted by the OP.

can you adjust the coil power in settings? or try to adjust the scoop or vuk itself?

2 weeks later
#6564 6 years ago

I was playing last night on code .85 last night and experienced a game reset while having a good game. i forget what character, and mode mb mode i was in, but i think i stacked another mb that resulted in the crash. Is code .87 having reset problems too?
Or is it just .85 that was prone to resets?

#6650 6 years ago

is that backbox t molding supposed to be 2 different colors?

congrats!

#6670 6 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

This is a keeper, and i have bought almost all Stern LE's.

sooo, go into diagonistics for us and light up the death star and take some video? "it would be a whole lot cooler if you did."

1 week later
1 week later
#7162 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Premiums are starting to ship now.

nice, reaaaal nice. yesterday my metallica and walking dead were like;

waiting on my premi

3 weeks later
#7279 6 years ago

i have been QCing my premium since friday.....i will list my reviews.

1. this spike machine doesn't feel like a spike machine (compared to my GOT pro)
It feels more solid and heavy, probably all that weight from the hyperdrive components and the metal ball guides.

2. the code is a nightmare right now. i have never seen so many bugs in my life..that actually affect the gameplay. I'm talking about not scoring when scores should be anywhere on the playfield, scoring when the ball is drained (the score keeps rolling like our country defecit), and jump ramp and hyper loop software problems, sound quiting, just to name a few.

3. this is the BEST interactive toy for any theme i can recently think of for stern. the hyperloop is a blast, i've had 4 balls in there for hyperdrive multiball and nothing compares to it. hell, even 1 ball hyper drive hurry up beats anything else stern has released recently. it most def fits the theme of star wars engaging hyperdrive.

4. i hate to say this, but the premium plays much tougher than the pro...i'm talking about the outer orbits, which are big shots for the rules. the pro i have put time on at location is much easier to hit those shots.

5. hyperdrive issues. some times the ball smacks the bottom of the playfields glass while jumping out the backside, pretty scary and can't figure it out. the alignment for the ball guides and the metal ball diverter are good.

6. general impression. probably one of sterns most fun and exciting machines available. I enjoy the pro, but i think that this is the first stern machine example that the pro should have been the premium, the premium the le, and the le should have had everything that previous le's had (body armor, backglass, shaker motor). after playing the premium, i feel like this game will be a big hit in a year or so when everybody calms down about the initial sticker shock and complaints about "what could have been"

7. overall? stern did a good job, the playfield looks great, the cabinet looks amazing, and the game play is a 10. When i play the premium, i feel like i am living the star wars experience.....

#7286 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I haven't seen this behaviour at all on my game. This really sounds like a stuck/intermittent switch. Or maybe even possibly an issue with a node board and phantom switch hits? If it's 10 point increments, disconnect the leaf switch below the spinner and see if the issue continues. If there's no connector, desolder 1 wire.

hey Rob,

i really think its the code, as i don't have any tech alerts and it will have more instances of nothing on the playfield scoring..it's very strange. it will do this for half a minute and will not go into ball search, just keep playing and nothing registers.....then it will go back into gameplay like everything is fine. this normally occurs when i'm deeper in the game and have planets stacked with a multiball and i'm down to 1 ball i believe.

also, it's not 10 point increments...it seemed to be higher like point increments or 50,000. it only happened 1 time, vs maybe 5 times the playfield doesn't score.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 10.95
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballsofsteel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=ballsofsteel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.