8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#368 6 years ago

Given that Steve and Dwight are both scheduled to speak there, I'm really looking forward to playing this at the Northwest Pinball Expo next week!

#963 6 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Art this, layout that. Psh. The only thing that really matters is code and how fun it is to play. Code = rules, animations, sounds. Polish is the key word, just put the work into it Stern and it'll be great.
TWD is an amazing game. Why? Code! Sure ain't the photo shop art or clunky layout.

I agree. While the playfield, backglass and side art are key, the most important things for me are: (1) how fun the game is to shoot; (2) how innovative and intuitive the rules are; and (3) the immersion level of the game.

I was and continue to be extremely excited about this game. Hell, I have a life sized Darth Vader in my gameroom.

As far as the visuals so far (based on the low res pics), I think the game is ok. It is about what I had expected. I think it looks good. ESB is probably my favourite movie, and I love the villains, so the premium artwork looks the best to me so far. The backglass on the LE is the biggest let down for me. I think it is possible that Stern may have some lighting effects to simulate "light speed" when that occurs in the game. That would be pretty cool. I think I just expected the LE to be more of a dark side / Vader vibe. I do like the glossy legs and armor on the LE.

As for how fun the game is to shoot, I trust Steve will deliver. It is a fan layout, and does have similarities to ACDC, but it does add an extra shot to the main playfield shots, so some of the shots may be a bit tougher to hit than ACDC. I expect it to feel buttery smooth. The metal ramps look great. I hope the Death Star and hyperspace features are well integrated. Maybe Steve was able to perfect the hyperspace shot based on the issues he had with the changed kickout on Star Trek (when it was changed to an upkick to the inlane). Really curious to see how the mech works under the Death Star on the premium / LE. Is it a ramp to shoot up, or a ramp that drops balls down? The extra LCD screen on the playfield could be a great addition. Hoping for magnets somewhere, or at lease something behind the 3 bank on the premium / LE.

For the rules, I have full faith and trust in Dwight. He absolutely cares about the games he puts out and I know he has been working hard on this title for a while. His code on GOT is simply amazing (all it needs is a few more callouts ). I expect great integration of modes and scoring strategies.

The final thing that is critical is the theme integration / immersion level. What I want in a game is to feel like I am in the world of the licence. And of all licences out there, Star Wars has the most iconic sounds, voice callouts and lighting effects. This can make or break this game. I so desperately hope that they have the full licence to use all the movie quotes, sounds (e.g. lightsaber, tie fighter, lasers, x-wing) and music from the movies. I want to FEEL the game. The lack of "toys" and average art can be rendered completely moot if the game is completely immersive. Think Tron. The playfield art on Tron is ok at best. There is what, one interactive toy on that game (i.e. 3 bank with the spinner). But yet when you play it, you enter the world of Tron due to the lighting, voices, and music. Same thing with Ironman and LOTR. I would absolutely take complete licence integration on this theme over a few extra toys on the playfield.

I cannot wait to share this game with my son and daughter. I know they will love it and it will be something we can share for years to come.

#2491 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

In for an LE and super excited!!!

Me too!

2 weeks later
#3905 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here's your quandary: You're actually NOT in on an LE before you pay for it...and I can virtually guarantee if the gameplay footage blows people away, you'll be shit out of luck on getting an LE.
Hence the reason why the prepay model will never die.

I have a very strong feeling that when gameplay footage is revealed and when people see both how the game shoots and the level of code that the game ships with, perceptions of the game will increase significantly.

I don't know if LE prices will shoot up or not, but I think demand for this title will be huge once people get to see and play it.

#3955 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

If code is done in a similar format to GOT (which has been hinted), then I'll be very very happy! It's awesome for home environment playing and doesn't get stale....now for that video...

I think you are going to be very happy...

1 week later
#4634 6 years ago

Does anyone else get the message "this video is not available" for the youtube link?

1 week later
#5450 6 years ago

New code released (0.84) today:

PRO V0.84 - July 11, 2017
======================
- The shaker motor in test mode now works correctly.
- Added extra bonus scenes
- Added more sounds
- Changed how TIE Fighter Assault works. It will stop allowing TIE fighters to
be destroyed at zero seconds.
- Fixed bonus count for Missions on your second character within one game.
- Changed how TIE fighter multiball starts and awards jackpots / Super
Jackpots
- Changed the layout of the bonus multipliers during the skill shot.
- Changed the test menu to be blue.

PRO V0.83 - July 7, 2017
=====================
- Initial release.

#5647 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

As far as my current knowledge of the game goes, there will be 9 total multiballs in the end(This i'm not *totally* sure of and since the software isn't complete yet, is absolutely subject to being different in the end):
Jedi (Not in game yet - but you can see the path to this through instant info)
Tie Fighter - Fairly simple
Hyperspace - 3 completions of hyperspace hurry up - If you can hit the death star shot, it's difficult, but not severely -- if you have trouble with the death star shot...it's pretty hard. The hurry up goes pretty quickly.
Hyperspace Hurry up:
· Completing the lower lanes 4 times will light it
· When lit, you can start it from the right ramp OR the left orbit
· Once running, you collect it on the left inner loop
· You can build the value on the right ramp, the left orbit, or completing the lower lanes
· If you build the value while its running you will extend the time it runs
Tattooine - Just your regular end of group multiball
Hoth - Just your regular end of group multiball
Death Star - Just your regular end of group multiball
Endor - Just your regular end of group multiball
Victory - These are pretty tough, because you actually have to complete the planet group multiball shots.
One left unseen! Can't wait!

Possibly midnight madness is the other MB. Its noted in the settings.

#5777 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

From what I heard, Lyman worked his ass off on TWD because he loves the game and I believe had one in his own collection. Dwight's recent releases have been pretty complete when launched with more of the focus on polish in the updates rather than content (GOT and GB). Let's hope this theme and game is one he personally wants to be all that it can be and adds the rest of the depth and content that we are all expecting.

Dwight wants the code for this game to be epic. That is his goal and it shows early on. Based on the videos I have watched (HUGE thanks to Waspinat0r for all of his streams! You make me laugh a lot) I think Dwight has done an amazing job of making a fun and deep mode based game that integrates a beloved licence to a tee.

From my understanding, he intends to own one personally as well. This is all very good news.

Can't wait for my LE to arrive in a few weeks.

#5904 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

I looked at Timballs tutorial video and i find it sad there's nothing more to do after he completed all the modes.
It's a turn off for me. I hope future code will allow to star again with harder settings or choose another character and etc ...

You already can choose another character once you have completed all the modes. Timballs simply did not do everything required to do so (I think you need to collect at least one medal in victory MB). I would suspect that they may make it easier to reset the modes and pick a different character to play (e.g. Only completing all main game movie modes not all those in addition to boba fett, victory medal etc)

That way you could get back into the movie modes with a different character but still progress to what is required for Jedi multiball). Much like LOTR.

#6046 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've played about 25 games on a Pro on location now. The OP has lowered the Tatooine scoop power so that it's a gentle feed to the right flipper. Works great.
I have to say this game plays great. There are some great rules involving the lock down button. Like HOLDING in the button during MB when it's orange to add-a-ball. Creates a really interesting aspect of when to do it because your gonna have your hand off the flipper button for several seconds. Same thing with the Tie-fighter hurry ups. Button mashing while the ball is in play - even in multiball - is awesome! You have to try to do it strategically cause you know your hand is gonna be off the flipper buttons. It's a great addition to the game. I hear a lot of "stupid button mashing" or "I wanna play pinball, not mash a button as fast as I can". BUT, you do this while you are trying to control the ball. It's great!
The multipliers take a little getting used to, but once you get used to how it works it really ramps up the concentration level to do well in the game. Like "Oh, there's that dreaded sound letting me know the multiplier timer is about to run out. Do I take a pot shot at the dangerous stand-ups to reset the timer, or just cash in one more 15-20x shot"? I had a single shot with 40X that was about 350M. What a rush!
The numerous skill shots are great. Do I take Enable Tatooine modes cause I'm just terrible at that shot, Or do I take +5 Tie Fighters cause I'm on 3rd ball and getting really close to Tie-Fighter MB? Or +3 Bonus X, or +3x Multipliers? Oh yeah, I'm gonna take 5% of my score because I'm at 1.5 billion already. Nothing like plunging the ball for 75 million!
What an awesome game!

This type of intelligent, lucid, and well thought out post / review has no place on pinside.

#6089 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Any word on when the LEs start shipping?

I was told by my distributor that LEs are shipping in less than a week and mine is in the first allotment.

#6161 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm going to have to have my German translator with me when he says something along the lines of "Beelzeboob ist ein Douchebaggen."

Schweinhund ?

#6228 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So, based on the video of the LE, Steve Ritchie just signed a card on the apron for this game? Not even on the playfield itself?

If this is true, that is bull. FFS.

But the wording on the feature matrix was odd...

"Designer Autographed collectible featuring Steve Ritchie's signature".

I guess this is a "designer collectible".

1 week later
#6648 6 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

In the house

More pictures!!

#6649 6 years ago

Curious too where Stern put the alternate translites? Did they ship in the box inside a separate container?

#6715 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It's cool you're running those polls but please stop advertising them so frequently in all the SW threads. You've got good intentions of helping improve the game code, but it's starting to feel like spam.

100% agree.

#6721 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

SW LE is sitting in my garage. What's the best way to stop watching the seconds tick on the wall clock?

Please provide some detailed pictures of the game and your initial thoughts!

#6772 6 years ago

4th completion of the drops doubles the playfield for that ball.

1 week later
#6942 6 years ago

LE with the premium translight. I think it looks way better.

IMG_0397 (resized).JPGIMG_0397 (resized).JPG

#7044 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

How do you like having both Star Wars AND Game of Thrones in the lineup at home?
Do you feel they're too similar, or do they differentiate enough to keep both long-term together?
The reason I ask is because I want a Star Wars, but the wife wants GoT. lol
I can potentially get both, but have leaning towards getting one or the other, since they're both Steve Ritchie "flow" type games.

I agree with Skyrex. Get both. I have a GOT Premium and just got a SW LE. You can see my collection of games and of all of them, GOT premium was my favourite. Just ahead of Ironman, Met premium, Tron, TWD and LOTR. I love the speed and flow of GOT so much and the code is so well done. But now, SW LE has edged out GOT based on theme, shots and immersion. I would for sure buy both. No question.

And if you made me pick I would pick both.

2 months later
#7428 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I like it. I was thinking of picking up this mod as well. Can you post a pic of the whole playfield with the Star Destroyer lit up? Would love to get a full view of how it looks with the rest of the playfield elements.

Here is mine

https://images.pinside.com/9/b7/10/9b7107cd11e8d844bce3e5aaf3a2055d5256cec2.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 21.50
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=apollyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.