8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#417 6 years ago

I'm in on the LE and I'll end up loving it.

#647 6 years ago

I think people are overlooking that there was no way they could throw everything into the pin. Star Wars Trilogy is just too expansive.

The pro has the most important characters covered and the cabinet art is from the Forest Moon of Endor space battle. IMO, that's pretty good for a pro.

Premium is Galactic Empire specific. Battle of Hoth is on the cabinet.

LE is Millenium Falcon specific...It's the most popular ship in all of Star Wars.

I think all 3 are nice looking.

Aerosmith style art would not work for Star Wars. Ghostbusters style art would not work for Star Wars. Batman 66 style would..and it looks like that's what they were going for here.

Me personally, I can't wait till I get my LE.

Am I the only who thinks Anthony Daniels will be doing custom call outs for the game?

Beep boop beep boop...R2-D2 said you just got an extra ball.

Your chances of completing this mode are 3,720 to 1!

#769 6 years ago

My prediction: Once people see and hear the game, the premiums will be a huge seller.

Steve Ritchie + Dwight Sullivan + LCD + Star Wars Original Trilogy = me sending in my check for the LE.

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I think I can safely pop in and share a few things (and if not - these are all LIES!), just to quell the 'Photoshop' rage.... these are NOT photoshop - these are painted compositions in a semi-Struzan style... done by Disney Star Wars artists... The cabinet's have differing artwork on both sides of each package too.
They look great in person & the game plays so... (*door breaks down* "hey, who are you guys? What are those gun shaped things in your hands pointed at me!?") ...

If they're storm trooper don't even worry...they have terrible aim.

#920 6 years ago

I sense a lot of hate in this thread.

Don't give in to hate...that leads to the dark side of the force.

#931 6 years ago

I know a lot of people are down on this game, but I am ecstatic and can't wait to get my LE.

#1143 6 years ago

Not everyone here is hating on the machine.

From what we've seen, I'm excited for my LE.

#1158 6 years ago

Did everyone who wanted to order an LE get allocated an LE?

I know I have mine ordered.

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Sorry, am I missing something. Have they already started pre-orders and anounced pricing? The way some people are speaking here is as if they have already pre-ordered and are in the queue. Can someone clarify. Cheers.

If you want an LE, contact your distributor ASAP.

#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I did, but they said it wont be officially released until Jun 6, no pricing or numbers (how many they are getting) are available yet.

They don't have a list you can be added too?

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

I couldn't tell you why, but I am a bit disappointed that they didn't go with the new trilogy over the original one.

8 hasn't been released and 9 isn't in production.

Give it 3 more years and I'm sure Borg will be doing 7-9.

#1744 6 years ago

I'm really hoping the lighting follows Star Trek, GOT & KISS with full color changing inserts.

It's a real shame that Stern has gotten away from that. Star Trek, GOT & KISS all look great with it. They really missed the boat with Ghostbusters, would've been cool to see the lights all go green when you're slimed or all pink for the river of slime.

#1962 6 years ago

Does Stern have a marketing department???

#1999 6 years ago

Is Stern trying their hardest to get us to not buy the game?

This should be the easiest sell of all time. Opening crawl describing the game with the theme playing. Pan down to the playfield, hit a shot, hear Han saying "great shot". See the ball in the pops, and hear R2D2 beeping away.

I really wish I knew what Stern was thinking on the release.

#2239 6 years ago

I'm really digging the new pictures they released today. There's a lot of detail in the playfield.

Here are the mistakes made by Stern on the machine:

- No full color changing inserts. C'mon, this is Steve Ritchie...he has the highest budget for a reason. Star Trek & GOT had full color changing inserts. Would've been great to have everything go white on Hoth, green & brown on the forest moon of Endor, tan on Tatooine, and grey on the Death Star.

- No backglass...really? I mean..really?

- LE siderails should've been the falcon (like on Star Trek).

Here are the strong positives:

- 16 modes, 1 wizard mode, and 9 multi-balls.

- Different character powers (similar to GOT).

#2270 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

High res photos present the cabinet and translite art like they should be shown. I think the games look great.

Different art on all 3 and all 3 look great. Can't remember the last time that happened.

#2449 6 years ago

Is dead flip streaming this tonight or was I just dreaming it?

#2587 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

$9,200 for Le and as high as 10k. The street premium price is $7300 for the same machine for the most part.

Who are you calling?

#2809 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Put a couple of 40 pound weights into the new Sterns if you want them to feel sturdy. All of those extra miles of unneeded wire, the 40 pound transformer and other obsolete components don't make JJP games play any better.

Very well said. Weight doesn't make something better...it just makes it heavier.

#3193 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Better display? Hands down yes. JJP is getting better but the display does not have to be so big and stern just proved it with AS, and soon SW.
As for sound, have you heard the new spike system? But I'm not saying it's better than JJPs, I was actually referring to sound call outs and effects. I'm just not feeling the dialed in sound package yet, and Dwight + Steve love dramatic theme induced call outs and effects. but with all fairness, I'll reserve final judgement for when I play both in person.

The sound on SPIKE is great. I've never played a JJP in a home environment to compare.

#3446 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Right...every game I love has non-linear modes...don't bring that horror garbage game into this conversation.
GOT's rules are math/chess. Your brain loves that. Mine doesn't. Also, I'm playing on location...I don't think it's as easy to learn GOT on location vs. playing at home. Due to the hideous art package, horrible DMD video clips, and lack of any interesting mechanical features, I will never buy GOT for home.

GOT LE is a gorgeous game. Better looking playfield and the cabinet art was done by an artist.

#3450 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cool now what about Star Wars? You know, the topic of this thread?

I love the art on all 3 cabinets.

Playfield has a lot of detail that won't be appreciated until seen in person.

1 month later
#6083 6 years ago

Rogue One was god awful.

Remember, almost half the movie was reshot....it wasn't reshot because it was good.

I'm not going to go through the whole movie, but I want to focus on one scene...Vader at the end. Completely 100% out of character for him. End of Rogue one he is slaughtering rebels, beginning of new hope he lets the storm troopers slaughter rebels. Once Anakin turned to Vader, he only raised his lightsaber against a Jedi...not rebel fighters.

To switch topics, I am can't wait to get my LE.

#6085 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Because Vader was tired out after killing all those rebels, duh. Couldn't you hear him wheezing?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

#6087 6 years ago

Any word on when the LEs start shipping?

#6102 6 years ago

At the end of Rogue One, everyone turned to me and asked me what I had thought.

My jaw was practically on the floor and the first thing I said was "did this director ever see Star Wars??"

How does one explain the hammerhead corvette pushing the one star destroyer into the other star destroyer, cutting it in half...

The squid creature...need I say more on that?

The whole storyline of the Death Star being designed to blow up is silly. In order for this to happen, the rebellion must do the following: 1 - steal the plans. 2 - analyze the plans. 3 - have a pilot who is strong with the force in order to hit the shot. Remember, Wedge stand-in says "that's impossible, even for a computer." Wedge only happens to be one of the Rebellion's best pilots.

The best character in the movie was KS2O...a droid.

Music score was complete crap.

All the wasted easter eggs were un-necessary.

#6136 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Dude, have YOU seen star wars? Why spend hundreds of trillions on a moon base that blows up planets when you can just throw an asteroid at any planet you want to end life on? Why are fighter ships 'banking' their turns in space? How is a giant worm monster living on an asteroid, with no atmosphere and no food source? how is laser energy emitting from a device deciding to 'stop' after a certain distance? why are people literally using MAGIC to move objects with their MINDS!? I could go on...
And then there's the prequels...
The moment you try to apply 'Logic' to your arguments about star wars, you loose. You missed the point. These movies are not for you.
also, your name is 'Trekkie'....

Considering that I can pretty much recite 1 through 7, I'd say they are pretty much for me.

Bad movies are not for me.

1 week later
#6408 6 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I think the Star Wars licence was terribly expensive to acquire. In order for Stern to keep their margins, they had to cut back on toys and features.

There was an article I read 2 years ago how Disney was charging double for the star wars license.

#6504 6 years ago

Is Stern on to the domestic LEs yet?

Would've been nice i they posted some video of them on the line.

#6507 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They're starting with the California shipments and working their way east.

NICE!! My distributor is located in Colorado.

#6625 6 years ago

One of my friends will get some good video of the machine once mine comes in.

I'm hoping to have it next week.

1 week later
#6778 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

The SW LE , says they have added a NEW le/premium feature.
All new EZ Slide cabinet brackets for smooth and easy playfield access
I would really like to see what this is.

When you raise and lower the playfield, that bump towards the rear is gone.

#6780 6 years ago

Spider-man VE

IMG_2559 (resized).JPGIMG_2559 (resized).JPG

#6781 6 years ago

Star Wars LE

IMG_2558 (resized).JPGIMG_2558 (resized).JPG

#6784 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What is the white plastic on the inside of the cabinet?

Interior cabinet protector.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4575

I highly recommend them.

#6791 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If they made those is a nice thin reflective metal they would sell big time, white? not so much.

It's only used for when working on the playfield. This way you don't scratch any interior art or the wood.

#6793 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I already posted as to my lack of smarts, don't make me go any further.

LOL

#6796 6 years ago

Special shout out to PinballSupernova for taking a video my my machine.

#6802 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

If I understand correctly, you only put these on when you are going to raise/lower the playfield.

Yes.

IMG_2562 (resized).JPGIMG_2562 (resized).JPG

IMG_2563 (resized).JPGIMG_2563 (resized).JPG

#6803 6 years ago

This is interesting. The front upper cabinet bracket has a bolt that goes through to the front. There's no way these cabinets will ever split again. They also put the old style brackets back in on the front too.

IMG_2564 (resized).JPGIMG_2564 (resized).JPG
IMG_2565 (resized).JPGIMG_2565 (resized).JPG

#6805 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Did those brackets make it into the pro too or is that an upgraded feature?

I would imagine so. With the cabinets having decals, each one would need to be the same.

1 week later
#7033 6 years ago

I have to say, it's such a shame that some posters made it their mission to destroy this game before people got their hands on it.

Everyone who has played my LE has been blown away by it.

#7039 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Any adjustments on the right hole kickback? It shoots right between the flippers almost every time. Really annoying. Table is level and pitched correctly.

Torque the scoop as far left as possible.

Take off the right ramp, take off the plastic above the scoop. You can access it with the hyperloop still in place. Set to 40.

#7059 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I would think it has to be the right flipper. No matter how much you torque the shield to the left, it's still pointing to the guide on the right which is aimed down toward the right flipper. No idea how you could get it to the left. Perhaps trekkie1978 could chime in on this one...

I loosened the 2 screws on the scoop, torque it to the left, but you must keep pressure going left as you tighten the bolts.

I a couple hundred games, I've only had 1 straight down the middle...but I think it was user error by flipping too soon.

#7076 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have played a pro and own an LE. Here's my honest opinion: Get a premium. The goodies on the premium/LE are so much fun, but of course the LE isn't worth it unless you're a fanboy nerd like me and you've gotta have it. The code is incomplete and it's a little buggy, but you can see how great it'll be if they give Dwight the time to work on it.

I just want to add, the launch code for this game is excellent. It shouldn't take Dwight long to finish the code.

#7079 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If you're going to buy Star Wars, at least play an LE/Premium before deciding.
To me, it's the hyperspace loop that makes the game.

That loop gets the adrenaline going. Especially in hyperspace multi-ball, when trying to add more to the loop.

I'm also really digging the multipliers on this game. It's one thing to have shots multiplied, it's another thing to actually control which shots the multiplier goes to.

This game is another overreaction via the crowd think on pinside. This is easily one of Steve Ritchie's best designs.

#7083 6 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

I got a right flipper EOS tech alert. I inspected it visually though and it looked fine. What's the proper way to test if it's working properly or needs adjustment? In coil test I can only fire the flipper not fire and hold. Also what's the proper way to adjust it, just bend the leaf?

Could be a software bug. If believe GOT had a bunch of technician alerts when nothing was wrong.

#7122 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I cannot find the setting level on the menu. I see a left plunger setting, which i assume is the loop lock, but cannot find any setting for right plunger. What menu? I torqued to the left, then right, still get about 50% right down the center. The other 50% hits the bottom left flipper. I am thinking the design is not to hit dead center.
What did you mean by removing the plastic? The scoop is accessable from 2 nuts below.

It's the "left eject". Hopefully it's fixed in future code updates.

You need to tighten the nuts while holding the bolt heads in position. They will keep spinning and you'll never get it tight. Bolt heads are behind the scoop, under the plastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.