8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reality_Studio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4632 6 years ago

Thanks for the video link, looks great. I notice that the led's under the inserts can turn off/on instantly like usual, but that they can also slowly fade on/off kind of like the old incandescent bulbs used to. Is that a new thing, or have all previous led Sterns done this? Just curious because I never noticed that before.

#4776 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You can buy two or three great machines on the secondhand market for the price of a single NIB game. Even more if you pick up some pre-90s games.
People, pinball didn't start with Metallica.

But most of those old games wouldn't be Star Wars. Everyone varies but for me theme is the #1 factor when buying a game. If I'm not into the theme then I won't buy it, period. I'm not a Star Wars junkie so I won't buy this one, but I can totally understand that for others this is a must have especially if they are hardcore into Star Wars. Plus the game looks pretty deep, fast and fun. I'll play it when doomid adds it to AYCE Gogi. You are adding it right? Also remember that many simply do not want to work on their games, they just want to buy it new and have it function properly. They don't want half of their play time to involve a soldering gun. I know I sure don't, I'm not a hobbiest, I just want to play.

To me the video was great, I was much more impressed with it than I expected. Some may say the layout is simple but that helps it play so fast. You can look at a game like AC/DC Pro vs Premium, where even a few small additions to the playfield in the Premium version dramatically slowed down gameplay. I'm kinda glad they kept it really fast for Star Wars, and instead went deep with the modes and play options. To me it looks like a game you can come back to. I never reach wizard modes so for me this game would last quite a long time. I dunno, I guess I was really impressed. There's no point judging the art package to me right now, pictures often just don't convey it properly, I'll have to see it in person to see how good it looks.

#4780 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff yeah I just can't live that way; so limiting. I mean sure there's shit that just isn't cumming in my house, like WWE, but gameplay will always be #1 for me. Metallica is only a step above WWE for me but what a great game.

That's fine, there's no right or wrong here, everyone is different. We could spend the next 100 pages with people telling me that I'm wrong, limited or whatever but it wouldn't make any difference. Theme is the most important thing to me, that's just how I'm wired up and that's what determines what I buy. I guess the best take from this is for people to understand that not everyones purchase criteria is the same. In this case, to a hardcore Star Wars fan who has already spend 5 figures on other movie related merchandise, a $5.5k Star Wars pinball machine may seem like a total bargain.

3 weeks later
#6324 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

You are essentially sending a message to Stern that they can still keep dumbing down their games, increase their price and that you will buy them. By all means spend away it's your money after all.

That's not what he is saying. Extreme fans of Star Wars will spend more on figurines that sit in their box on a shelf and are never touched than what this pinball machine costs. Now I'm not saying that he is that hardcore of a fan, but the point is never underestimate the power of the theme, it has huge pull to the more hardcore fans. I'll likely do the exact same thing when the new Elvira comes out.

3 weeks later
#6849 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Most of us haven't even played our games since they moved the switch; can't turn them on.
Problem is with more than 1 game next to each other you really only have 2 options.
Hire a little person to live in your basement during peak playing hours, or throw a little coin to neighborhood children to keep coming in your basement whenever you need to play.
Gotta keep that shit kind of down low though I'm getting a lot of strange looks.

Just use a remote control like this for example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087EIDRS

Cheap and simple, I use them on all my games. Just plug a power strip into it and turn on games 3 to 5 at a time depending on your power setup.

#6857 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Neat! Is it possible to control two of them with the same remote?

Yeah, for example in the attached pic I'm using 3 of those outlets and one remote control with multiple buttons on it. So button 1 turns on Super Pac, QBert, Joust, Cystal Castles and 3 neon signs. Button 2 turns on Robotron, Tempest, Space Duel and 3 neon signs. And button 3 turns on Defender, Road Blasters, Outrun and 2 neon signs. Side bonus to using this remote/outlet setup is that when it's off the outlet is truly turned off, so no power is flowing to the machine at all. Makes it safer to twiddle inside them if need be, and it's nice to know that there is zero voltage going to the game when it's not in use.

15 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#7306 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I finally got some good time on a premium model. WTF?! That jump ramp is hot garbage. The ball gets stuck behind it several times a ball and you're left waiting for a ball search while your multiplier slowly expires.

I had the same problem when I recently played it at an arcade in San Diego, the one in the gaslamp district. Was definitely annoying.

#7313 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Which arcade in San Diego? Coin-op?

Yup that's the place. I took some pictures when I was there:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hfnc2hy6LcLAy8Lt1

Great place, those pics are earlier in the night so it was still quiet, but it got packed pretty fast. Overall I enjoyed the Star Wars pin, but I did have that ball stuck issue the other person mentioned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reality_Studio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=Reality_Studio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.