8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Procrastinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2287 6 years ago

I know what iceman44 posted was super controversial (pfft) but downvoting literally every post he makes seems a little strange....obsessive maybe

IMG_0773 (resized).PNGIMG_0773 (resized).PNG

3 weeks later
#4088 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Always so negative! When does your Star Wars LE arrive? You will be able to check it out yourself and realise that most of the negativity in this thread is "bull shit" from trolls that have no intention of ever buying any NIB machine from any manufacturer.

You keep throwing out that statement with zero to back it up. So because some, including myself may have legitimate issues with stern means we're trolls who wouldn't buy any NIB pin? Get a grip man

#4093 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Who do you feel does it better then Stern now?

Overall? Stern probably does the best with all the titles that they consistently put out, but for quality and the complete package? Probably JJP in my opinion.

My comment was in reference to the poster saying the same ridiculous statement for the third time in this thread about anyone who doesn't have a glowing opinion of stern is a troll who "is never going to buy a NIB game anyways". What a stupid statement.

i don't hold stern in the highest regards, but that's because I got both a Metallica and GB with issues after 120 days of ownership. So because I think they occasionally put out a half baked product means I'm never going to buy a NIB game? Again, stupid statement.

#4094 6 years ago

Hell yeah! Why would Stern listen to any complaint or feedback you have if you have no intention of buying NIB. Same CGC and JJP. I have plenty to back it up. So what is your legitimate issue or issues with Stern? Lets hear them.
All the manufacturers are doing their best. We need as many manufacturers as possible to keep our hobby alive and thriving. NIB buyers are keeping this much loved hobby alive. Negativity kills our hobby. History speaks for itself.
Whysnow can say whatever he likes, he buys NIB from all manufacturers. Gotta love that shit!

I did, and I still do. Dialed in will be here in a few weeks. There goes your whole theory.....

#4097 6 years ago

Honestly, as prices have increased I look at games like TSPP or LOTR and think what has happened. GB was a genuine effort, and I think most would agree, but when I'm about to drop $9k on a pin, the perceived value isn't there for me. I think stern makes some good games, GB and AS being good examples, but seeing Star Wars, a game I was hyped about, has already let me down. Gameplay might be the most amazing I have ever seen, but from the start I didn't see much that impressed me. A tie fighter on a spring? Seriously? I hope it turns out great, and hopefully game play is solid, but I feel like I am buying a 2007 pro model for $9k which may or may not have quality issues. Just one guys opinion.

#4099 6 years ago

Good luck with DI! No theory, I just get a bit fired up at all the negativity in the hobby. I got a bit carried away with the shit late last year. There are more good experiences than bad experiences in this hobby. It is not always reflected in some of these threads.
Back to Star Wars!
Happy Flipping!

I understand, and agree with you. I do think sometimes negativity is infectious, but I do feel some people have a valid concerns as well. Either way, hope everybody gets what they want and enjoys it.

#4100 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just think how pissed people will be in 10 years when the vault comes out for 2K more and no more TiE Fighter on a spring

Haha seriously

#4295 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If this is true on the Pro its a non interactive toy so a couple screws and plugging in a wire? wow that should be a challenge. I would rather have the game than wait a month or 2 for a plastic orb installed at the factory. JMO

Shew, you know if it was jjp doing that, you would be burning them at the stake. Stern though? Shoot man, only a couple screws, no biggie! Who knows if it is really true or not, but sending out games "playfield assembly required", that's a new one. The reality is it sets a pretty bad precedent on a $5k plus luxury item.

With a few so receptive to whatever gauntlet stern throws down, it's no wonder they take advantage wherever they can.

#4375 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Treat yourself to poor CC PF's with chipping already occurring on multiple pins.
Oh wait, that is supposed to only happen with garbage Stern
I'm shocked. Greatest f ing build quality ever

Haha "multiple pins". One guy with a legit issue and Another with a piece of clear. I would take you more seriously if you called it plainly, but you white knight for one, and and over exaggerate on the other. If you aren't on sterns payroll you should be with the amount of defending you do for them...

#4388 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

These comments always crack me up. I am a pinball fan. More pinball is good pinball. I've cracked on JJP as well as Stern - look at my posts. Hobbit is a busy, beautiful snore. Was from day one. The new headphone jack placement on Dialed In is stupid. Stern's cost-cutting is getting ridiculous. There's good and bad on both sides. GoT is still one of my favorite pins. Seeing pinball in binary terms is dumb. It's not either/or, it's an AND, with caveats. Binary fans are limiting themselves, period. I'm not one.

Couldn't of said it better myself. More options the better for everyone.

#4390 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Whoops, two guys now.
The sky is falling, rally the JJP defender troops!

You seem more emotional over it than most. Spreading a single post as the new gospel to try and justify the issues stern has had. I enjoy stern and think they make great games. I'm just not willing to overlook some of the legit problems they have had, especially when the price has gone up and quality has gone down in some aspects. Oh well, you're there to lap up whatever they throw out so I guess in the end to each his own. Either way I can't wait to see Star Wars in action and hopefully it does the theme justice.

#4391 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The JJP army has to feel justified with their purchase of DI for some reason so they gotta knock down Stern pins.
"Hey i just paid $8400 or $9400 for my shipped DI and i got my money's worth compared to any Stern pin". Really? "New technology"? What a load of crap.
If it makes them feel better, whatever. I buy what i like and what i think is fun. That might be a JJP pin in the future, I don't really give a F who makes them. I like playing them.
Hobbit LE's are now selling in the $6's. Tell me again where the "value" is?

No one is knocking down shit. I hope star wars is incredible, I genuinely want one and excited for it. I simply dismissed the notion you brought here that JJP has clearcoat issues off of one guy. Literally within 10 minutes of the guy posting he had a chip, you run to the stern thread with your justice boner to make sure everyone knows that "multiple pins" have an issue. Pathetic showing honestly. This is a Star Wars thread though, so I'm done with it. Carry on with your mission white knight...

#4411 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Double standard hypocrisy. Not calling you out. Just the other haters dude.
It's all good, no need to go into full blown defense mode.
Once again, this is a Star Wars thread.

Hypocrisy? Like going into DI threads complaining about JJP? Guess the rule is for everyone else except you.

Sad part is almost everyone wants the same thing. A fun game, good rules, solid product with lasting support and reasonable cost. I don't care who makes it honestly, means very little to me. Hell, in the last 18 months 2/3 of my NIB games were stern, and I'm in for SW if it's turns out like we all hope. Either way, without a damn video of gameplay, I'm pretty sure the pissing contest will continue.

3 weeks later
#5851 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Very cool. Checking the video out now. I'll be able to play it in a few days, and I'm getting really excited.

It's pretty cool these are making it out so quick. Last week I wanted to play it and there was only a few dozen listed nationwide with none near me. I checked again last night and have one 30 min away now, even with our area usually lacking in public pins. Im sure it's a testament to the theme and SW will be everywhere within a few months.

2 weeks later
#6612 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So if you bought a new car and it didn't get here as quickly as you wanted it to, are you going to call General Motors or the dealer that you bought it from? GM would think you are nuts if you called them direct I guarantee it, just like Stern did. This is a factory that is making pinball machines. They run into snags and have manufacturing problems etc. you "pre ordered" a brand new title that wasn't in production yet so you should expect possible delays. If you wanted to have a game guaranteed for your party then you should have bought a game that was in stock already. Just relax and tell the people at your party sorry but the pinball machine didn't get here in time, not a big deal really unless it's a party just for this game or something. If that's the case then you should have known better to schedule a party for a game that you were waiting on to be manufactured.

Goddamn right I call the factory. Hell, they sent me pictures twice a week on the line. This also wasn't some boutique BS, it was one of the big 3. Anything less will be unacceptable for me in the future...half kidding.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 10.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Procrastinator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=Procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.