8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LOTR_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#472 6 years ago

Oh my god this game sucks shit = Typical Pinside Reaction

Relax guys, this game will be fun to play.

#590 6 years ago

Just look at that horrid gradient pattern on the shield...... Oops, wrong game.

1 week later
#3474 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Start a mode to battle a house. Shoot the colored shields within the time limit. Defeat the houses to reach Hand of the King and Iron Throne. Sure, there's more to it, but that's it in a nutshell. You're welcome.
It's ACDC that I can't figure out, and I've had that game for 2 years...and Bowen's rule sheet is 30 pages long. THAT'S friggin' ridiculous...

Actually, it's 34 pages!

#3475 6 years ago

If I understand Steve's description of the Pre/le Hyperdrive loop, then the Pro will just have virtual locks?

#3618 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Went to Disneyland yesterday with the family. We're all in a Star Wars mood. I'm ready to order a premium today but really want to get a personal play in on a pro or premium before I do. We need a schedule of appearances. The only rumor is a Pro at CAX July 29-30. Any other rumors about opportunities before October?

I saw info where they were wanting to do the pro launch parties in late July, but it was suggested not to have them on the same weekend as Pinburgh. So likely the launch parties will be 1st or second week in August. I would also say there is a fairly good chance to see a SWpro at ReplayFX/Pinburgh.

#3716 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

It's pronounced, "Yub Nub." lol (True, the original one is better)
» YouTube video

2 weeks later
#4645 6 years ago

SW looks fast and furious. I really liked that you can backhand either ramp. Also loved that screaming inner loop. Rules looked to be along the lines of GOT, but maybe deeper? Multiball city here we come!

#5257 6 years ago

No, they're at the Pintastic show.

#5422 6 years ago

Hey Eric, are we gonna see your name in the credits like GOT?

#5457 6 years ago

Borrowed from Funwithbonus...

Yoda-SuperLeague (resized).jpgYoda-SuperLeague (resized).jpg

#5599 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Honestly Im not impressed with it.
Its a fantastic shooter.... It has a ACDC feel....... The horseshoe shot is pretty cool.......,The one strong point of the game seems to be code , light show and sound..... I quess if you don't own any SR games it would be a great addition...

No flame suit needed. But you do say a number of very positive things about the game, just to be "not impressed with it".

#5782 6 years ago

Hate to say it, but the SW pro on location near me bit the dust. It's been on location for 2 days. Stern thinks it's the CPU board and is sending another one out.

#6042 6 years ago

I've played about 25 games on a Pro on location now. The OP has lowered the Tatooine scoop power so that it's a gentle feed to the right flipper. Works great.

I have to say this game plays great. There are some great rules involving the lock down button. Like HOLDING in the button during MB when it's orange to add-a-ball. Creates a really interesting aspect of when to do it because your gonna have your hand off the flipper button for several seconds. Same thing with the Tie-fighter hurry ups. Button mashing while the ball is in play - even in multiball - is awesome! You have to try to do it strategically cause you know your hand is gonna be off the flipper buttons. It's a great addition to the game. I hear a lot of "stupid button mashing" or "I wanna play pinball, not mash a button as fast as I can". BUT, you do this while you are trying to control the ball. It's great!

The multipliers take a little getting used to, but once you get used to how it works it really ramps up the concentration level to do well in the game. Like "Oh, there's that dreaded sound letting me know the multiplier timer is about to run out. Do I take a pot shot at the dangerous stand-ups to reset the timer, or just cash in one more 15-20x shot"? I had a single shot with 40X that was about 350M. What a rush!

The numerous skill shots are great. Do I take Enable Tatooine modes cause I'm just terrible at that shot, Or do I take +5 Tie Fighters cause I'm on 3rd ball and getting really close to Tie-Fighter MB? Or +3 Bonus X, or +3x Multipliers? Oh yeah, I'm gonna take 5% of my score because I'm at 1.5 billion already. Nothing like plunging the ball for 75 million!

What an awesome game!

#6111 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ummmmm.....no
I thought I did good at 4 bil. I was wrong

Ha! And I thought I did good at 3.5 bil. It was GC and still is, but I guess that's not gonna last!

#6113 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Don't wanna read about code/rules everything is still just beta.

Code/rules on SW are not just Beta. We're at v.0.85 now. The game is mostly complete but sure to have more polish and refinements to the rules. Now's the time to start learning it. This is a deep, deep game!

#6121 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

- Greatly reduced the scoring of most of the game.

Oh Snap!

#6241 6 years ago

We had a launch party last night with 28 players. SW pro is a blast to play. We were running the latest .87 code and the scores are indeed "greatly reduced". I had the #1 qualifying score of around 1.1 billion. Most scores were in the 200-400M range. I saw many players never quite learn to turn on their multipliers, but quite a few who had never played the game before were quickly getting used to how they work.

Edit:This was of course on competition settings with no extra balls.

#6258 6 years ago

For the Tatooine scoop, try setting the coil power to 15. This worked perfectly on the two SW pro we had in our launch party. Delivers the ball at a controllable speed to the right flipper. Some may think this setting is too easy, but the rest of the game is so fast this setting seems to balance that out a little.

1 month later
#7084 6 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

I got a right flipper EOS tech alert. I inspected it visually though and it looked fine. What's the proper way to test if it's working properly or needs adjustment? In coil test I can only fire the flipper not fire and hold. Also what's the proper way to adjust it, just bend the leaf?

Push the plunger in with your finger right on the end of the plunger. Looks for the EOS switch to close/open only in the last 1/8th of the plunger motion. No earlier or you will loose power. No later either. The correct way to adjust is by bending the leaf where the actuator contacts it.

#7170 6 years ago

OK, I had my most extreme Tie Fighter button mashing experience the other day. So I'm left handed so I can smack the button a lot faster with my left hand. So the mode begins and I'm unable to trap up. I'm smacking like crazy and shoot the ball from the right flipper to left ramp. On the return, I continue smacking with my left hand, reach over and NAIL the right ramp from the left flipper, using my right hand! Sweet move. I wish I had it on camera.

1 week later
#7193 6 years ago

Just had to relay this little story. I was at ClePIN and playing AFMr next to a Star Wars pro. The guy playing it is not having fun. His buddy is just going on and on about how SW is one of the worst games Stern has ever made, how using the button is so stupid, blah, blah, blah. After telling them both that I think the game is a solid 7 or 8, I look again at the game in progress. The guy has the mutiplier at 20x and it.... is......... red. He hates the game but doesn't have a clue how to play it!

Half an hour later I'm giving Sanjay a tutorial on the game as he plays it. He explains that he needs to learn how to play the game since it will be used in competitions. I coach him through a couple balls and he proceeds to enjoy the game and put up a score around 3.5 billion. Mission accomplished!

2 weeks later
#7270 6 years ago

I would just like to say I'm glad to get a Star Wars back! Our local location BumperNets sold both Star Wars pro's they had ordered for the launch party. They just got another in and put it on the floor. Star Wars is back baby! Oh yeah, and GhostBusters is a turd!

#7272 6 years ago

Nope, serious on both counts!

1 month later
#7441 6 years ago

Just wanted to relay our League Finals and how they concluded on a Star Wars pro. After 4 games it was on to Star Wars. I could have forced a 3 way tie-breaker for first place with a win. I was 4th player. Player 2 was leading with 1,496,xxx,xxx. I drained and with my 90m in bonus finished at 1,491,xxx,xxx! Oh, the agony. I just love this game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 10.95
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LOTR_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=LOTR_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.