8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1883 Youtube link to IGN posted game release video Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1911 Images of the Pro and Premium/LE Playfields Posted by Number41 (6 years ago)

Post #1914 feature matrix for Star Wars Posted by beatmaster (6 years ago)

Post #1919 Stern List Prices posted Posted by BillPinball (6 years ago)

Post #1931 Stern Press Photos of the game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #1935 Stern Press photos of game Posted by unigroove (6 years ago)

Post #2024 freeze frame look at the death star lights Posted by tbanthony (6 years ago)

Post #2057 A quote on prices in US for Pro and Premiums Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #2158 notes about game features and links to game play video Posted by Kiwipinhead (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1069 6 years ago

Stern Star Wars.jpgStern Star Wars.jpg

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I remember the night of the "Dialed In Reveal" and all the negative response here, now when you read the comments here it must be the best game ever.
Something is wrong with the pinsiders, every new game get's bashed the more hype it got before the release.
I bet in a few month the first reviews will come in and Star Wars will be the best game ever.
And in a few years Dialed In will still have it's fans and Stern Star Wars will still have it's fans. And we will love both games, cause we love pinball. But we will still bash the next new shit that will come out then.

I'm not feeling it with SW and I'm still not feeling it with DI either.

Still hoping (but losing faith) that Alien ships. AS looks like the most fun you can have right now and Houdini and Total Annihilation look interesting.

#1489 6 years ago

Clearly I do need to see some serious gameplay video before passing judgement. But wait...too soon you say? I need to play it first?

Maybe I'm weird but I can usually tell if a game is good enough to come into my house by watching enough video footage.

It's not foolproof...there has been one time in 17 years where I was definitely wrong in my initial assessment and that was with IM. Actually twice...played AC/DC and loved it...bought one and then sold it within three months.

#2411 6 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

I really would have liked to see what JJP could have done with this license.

#2709 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And BTW, the fact that this post/pic got more upvotes than my Walter White pic is really...making me...question Pinside (and who really misses Breaking Bad as much as I do).

That's what it took for you to question Pinside?

#2794 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why not?
Because you are completely missing the point. Compare hobbit to a lamp or something. If you want the hobbit, buy the hobbit. Stop complaining that every new stern game ISNT the hobbit. Serious pinball players know where to go for serious pinball and it isn't the hobbit, no matter how dressed up with novelties it is.

I kind of (sort of) like the Hobbit...but would never buy one.

I am not a competitive player but my first game on Hobbit lasted 45 minutes!!! First Game. My second lasted over 30 (different machine). It's kind of cool but way too easy (IMHO).

#2846 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Shit... most of us will be in our 60's by then.

I'll be dead on 70....and still playin'

#2881 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hahaha. Missed that. However, when I have a ball trapped on either flippper during vengeance MB and protons to use, I like to lick that button since I have no free hands.

So a chin bar then? (That's what I did).

Might even be a belly bar for some

#2995 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Most of us probably wouldn't call the tie fighter a bash toy, but geez! Give the guy a break!

Stern can call it whatever they want...but there are historical standards here (which Stern is ignoring)...it's not a "bash toy".

Gary could take a dump on up on the backbox but I wouldn't call it a "topper" (although I'm sure some of you would).

#3012 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Does it light up?

No that would be his pee (about 80 proof I'm guessing)

#3078 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

It's hard to argue with the differences in these pics. Dialed in looks loaded. I might be interested if I was at least neutral on the theme. I wouldn't even have to love it. However, I couldn't give two shits about cell phones, drones, selfies, or any of the millennial pop culture crap that's in it. Jersey Jack even referred to it as "pop culture", so those aren't just my words. From the videos I've seen, the shots look fun, but I just can't get past the the game's big gimmicks, which are just a turn off for an aging Gen X'er like myself, and I don't even consider myself that old (yet).

I'm with you all the way here.

DI just does nothing for me...nothing. I have zero interest in owning it. I'm interested in SW. Although truth be told I'd rather get my Alien (crosses fingers) then either one of those. Loaded and cheaper...if it ever ships

#3174 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Never take pinball advice from Ice
He bought a Bowel Movement 66..... & then later on a GBLE during the play field meltdown. So he's a Stern soldier no matter what they do.
In the past he preordered games that were like 3 years behind schedule (WOZ & TH). Then the dude preorders TBL, Predator & Atomic Zombies... All he needs to do now is put in an Alien preorder & send kickstarter funds to Vonnie D
Also he's from Texas
Maybe a lawyer too
No thanks Ice lol

Ummm....he is in on Alien.

#3176 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Where did the 9 ball multiball come from? It says in the game matrix that 6 balls can be in play simultaneously...
Did I miss something?

Neither one of those posts mention a 9 ball multiball.

#3181 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf u talking about Curly, I have an Alien pre order too!
That resume sounds really bad. Especially the Texas lawyer part
But see how much I've learned over the years from my mistakes! Not much

You've taught us that you LOVE pinball and that the hobby is also a great way to gamble!

#3270 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Edit: IJ is easier than Hobbit...and waaay more boring.

Yeeeaaahhhh..................No.

#3334 6 years ago

I am the Black Knight and I have forgotten more about the pinball industry than you people will ever know. For over 40 years I have taken copious notes with my Dixon Ticonderoga #2 pencils (early notes where in crayon) with over 271 Mead notebooks stuffed under my bed.

Bally/Williams cabinets where hand carved from a solid chunk of American Oak...Stern's are made with sawdust held together by flypaper. Bally/Williams glass was forged in the mouth of active volcanos...Stern's is made from sand people...sand, can you believe that!

Bally/Williams pins were built when men were men and the complete code could be handwritten on a napkin in an "if then" boolean condition...as all pinball games should be.

Fun? Who cares about fun? Sure buy Stern games if you want to have a good time (ha), but you buy HEP (restored by anyone since this is an old term in pinball restoration....didn't ya know) Bally/Williams games if you hope to invest properly!

2 weeks later
#4220 6 years ago

Everyone remember the "quiet game" you played with your kids in the car. First one to talk loses. Well let's play the "no posting" game...until it's a post showing actual video footage of SW being played.

#4284 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But my distro said this wasn't true.

My distro can beat up your distro!

#4369 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nothing tough about it that decision. Having unboxed and enjoyed Dialed In already, I can confidently say you will have a RIDICULOUSLY good NIB experience with Dialed In. We were talking about what Stern in recent memory is this physically well-designed and FUN, and came up empty. Nothing compares in the recent Stern world, and Star Wars machines will be all over the place eventually, so they will not be hard to find if you decide you MUST have one later.
Lots of great pics and impressions of people with the machine here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/8#post-3845886
Treat yourself to a Dialed In.

I'm glad you love it (really). Personally I would buy any game in the Pinside top 50 (minus DI of course) over DI....plus the new SW. But that's because I just can't get with the whole DI theme and concept. Looks like a decent shooter...but it's not for me.

1 month later
#6584 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

First rule of Track & Field/Hyper Sports club is hitting the buttons louder does not equal hitting them faster.

2nd rule is to use the "Goodie" comb from your back pocket.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball?tu=Astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.