8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 150.
#401 6 years ago

Well, this is disappointing. Looks like there is not a motorized target bank on the premium / LE? In the pic from the video there are only stand up targets underneath the mini LCD...Game is the premium / LE model as there's a left metal ramp and metal habit rails.
SWprem (resized).JPGSWprem (resized).JPG

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, this is disappointing. Looks like there is not a motorized target bank on the premium / LE? In the pic from the video there are only stand up targets underneath the mini LCD...Game is the premium / LE model as there's a left metal ramp and metal habit rails.

oh wow, that's a bummer. was hoping for something cool under the bank like a magnet or anything really...

#403 6 years ago

Where is the video link ?

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's weird that they announced this in a no-man's land when they could have revealed it at Pin A GoGo a week ago.

Nope, smart move. All us fucktards already put a deposit down. The mass fucktards in the star wars world are more income.

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We've put out many pairs of these and never had an issue. What's your quality complaint?

It's been awhile but I purchased a few sets. All the powder coating was falling off and was like sandpaper. As well very flimsy and arrived with bent ends. Also had the button holes in the wrong position. Returned them, I also bought the TSPP version, same issue.

#406 6 years ago

I think Stern is smart in the way they allocate their resources. Put Ritchie on a big license like Star Wars and the game will shoot well and sell well without great toys or extra features.
The art may not be a masterpiece like GB but I doubt it will prevent most people from buying. It’s certainly better than the Face.
Rules as yet to be determined but I expect the game will sell well with even mediocre rules.

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Returned them, I also bought the TSPP version, same issue.

Pinball is hard.

#408 6 years ago

It's worth pointing out that the TIE Fighter toy isn't in those playfield pics. The video mentions and shows it. There may be more to show in regards to the playfield.

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

It's been awhile but I purchased a few sets. All the powder coating was falling off and was like sandpaper. As well very flimsy and arrived with bent ends. Also had the button holes in the wrong position. Returned them, I also bought the TSPP version, same issue.

Never had any of those issues with probably 10 or more pairs. Maybe you got a bad run?

#410 6 years ago

They need an AT-AT toy

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I expect the game will sell well with even mediocre rules.

Yep - SWDE and SWT still sell as fast as we add them to stock despite price increases.
Star Wars! Star Wars! I want a Star Wars......

#413 6 years ago

Don't you just love the way they hypocritically trash the guy that owns 7 pins as an "overgrown child"...clearly, these people never look in the mirror..

#414 6 years ago

The PREMIUM to me has the best artwork on the cabinet.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

The PREMIUM to me has the best artwork on the cabinet.

Agreed. I'm not digging the LE artwork at all.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

...clearly, these people never look in the mirror..

haha no shit right?

#417 6 years ago

I'm in on the LE and I'll end up loving it.

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Yep - SWDE and SWT still sell as fast as we add them to stock despite price increases.
Star Wars! Star Wars! I want a Star Wars......

Yep, it will sell itself if you don't get in its way. Save the expense of fancy toys and higher BOM for the less attractive themes.

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Don't you just love the way they hypocritically trash the guy that owns 7 pins as an "overgrown child"...clearly, these people never look in the mirror..

At least he is the boss.

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Collectively, we're going to endure years of pictures of Star Wars shit glued all over this game.

Hallmark made a very nice detailed millenium falcon ornament with cool lighting effects a while back. Pro buyers should snatch them up quick before they dry up.

#421 6 years ago

Can someone get back to me when everyone agrees about everything?
Thanks, that would be great.

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm not digging the LE artwork at all.

I lucked out with the LE artwork ... I love that backglass ... reminds me of the first time I saw ESB with my dad back in 1980 ... I can see why people like the others, but I frigging *love* the LE's translite and cabinet art.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If Steve did this he should retire. Im betting this steaming turd is a Gary Stern design with SR on it. I cant believe even Stern would put out a POS like this. Areosmith is a much better looking game and its fun.

Oh, you've played Star Wars already, or at least seen it in action then?

Rob

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Begs the question.. after so many limp Stern launches, and the disaster that was the JJP Dialed In Reveal... when will the people paid to do marketing in these companies get their shit together and actually do a launch that breaks the phone bank???
I mean, we keep seeing the same mistakes over and over and over...

Dialed In! Launch: Pinside reaction (note DI is LOADED! though )
IMG_3083 (resized).JPGIMG_3083 (resized).JPG

Star Wars Release: Pinside reaction (not innovative)
IMG_3084 (resized).JPGIMG_3084 (resized).JPG

#425 6 years ago

In regards to rules I hope the inserts in the screen grab below represent a deep objective based ruleset. Looks like there are 4 quadrants of modes, each containing 3 modes and a multiball / mini wizard mode. That would be 16 modes right there! Fingers crossed.

pinballsw1 (resized).JPGpinballsw1 (resized).JPG

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That would be 16 modes right there! Fingers crossed.

Well if you count them as separate modes...do you in ST? I thought that was one of the larger complaints was it was just 3 levels of pretty much the same thing.
Of course they can be set up diff'rent I'm just pointing out a possibility.

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In regards to rules I hope the inserts in the screen grab below represent a deep objective based ruleset. Looks like there are 4 quadrants of modes, each containing 3 modes and a multiball / mini wizard mode. That would be 16 modes right there! Fingers crossed.

I wouldn't expect that many modes. I would think it's going to be more like Star Trek where they're repeatable but harder on the second or third pass. I hope you're right though!

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would have been cool if the apron was used/designed as the trench and have the wireform either run through it either in and out (loosing sight of the ball as it goes under the apron) or along a shallow channel molded in the top of the apron.

Heck yeah!

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I wouldn't expect that many modes. I would think it's going to be more like Star Trek where they're repeatable but harder on the second or third pass. I hope you're right though!

Yeah I hope so too. If not then that's really only 1 mode (3 total with slight twists) for each quadrant and a multiball mode, that doesn't seem like enough. Content wise I think there's certainly enough to work with to make 3 unique modes + 1 multiball for each of the 4 quadrants.

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm in on the LE and I'll end up loving it.

I said the same thing about Kiss.

Good Luck!

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Dialed In! Launch

Project_build_it (resized).jpgProject_build_it (resized).jpg

20130321154419350_018_RE (resized).jpg20130321154419350_018_RE (resized).jpg

#432 6 years ago

or

Classical-Wallpaper-Darth-Vader-star-wars-25852934-1920-1080 (resized).jpgClassical-Wallpaper-Darth-Vader-star-wars-25852934-1920-1080 (resized).jpg

#433 6 years ago

With the actors audio from the films + video clips being licensed by Stern (along with at least the main score) I wouldn't be surprised if the licensing cost is Stern's highest ever. That may have impacted some of the games design choices.

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Agreed. There's a 1,2,3 under each. If they combine the multiplier heaven of GOT with the three levels of modes like Star Trek, I'm gonna love it.

Some of the second and third tiers of modes on Star Trek are great. And the animations on them are awesome too.

#435 6 years ago

Not mine, but I had to share...

AC-Star-Wars (resized).pngAC-Star-Wars (resized).png

They are REALLY similar. It's Spider-Man/Star Trek again.

sw-ac-dc (resized).pngsw-ac-dc (resized).png

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I said the same thing about Kiss.
Good Luck!

Maybe Maiden will make up for it!
Up the irons!

#437 6 years ago

I'm slowly getting a boner for this game, might have to pick up a premium in a few months once we see how it plays and how the code is.

#438 6 years ago

Is anyone going to be anything other than ecstatic to play a mode with the empire theme going and actual clips of Darth Vader fighting Obi 1 or Luke, sometimes pinside is really stupid.

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. There's a 1,2,3 under each. If they combine the multiplier heaven of GOT with the three levels of modes like Star Trek, I'm gonna love it.

Yeah. It would still be like having 16 unique modes by having Endor 1, Endor 2, Endor 3. I can see Endor 3 ending with the Darth Vader vs Luke Skywalker lightsaber battle. Hope its true.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If they combine the multiplier heaven of GOT with...

That would be cool but damn, you don't even need a bigger screen to do multipliers...I hope those huge sega green arrows with Xs aren't used for that

Quoted from Hazoff:

Is anyone going to be anything other than ecstatic to play...

Where do you come up with this garbage?

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Holy sh*t. Wow.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

They need an AT-AT toy

Got into a big debate with someone at work the other day about how to pronounce this. It's always been 'at at' for me.

Didn't know there's a bunch of people out there who think it's 'ay-tee ay-tee'. Nope. Just nope.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah but you knew that was coming...it's mostly T2 or or HS...always has been

Quoted from scylla:

Didn't know there's a bunch of people out there who think it's 'ay-tee ay-tee'. Nope. Just nope.

Friggin millennials.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That would be cool but damn, you don't even need a bigger screen to do multipliers...I hope those huge sega green arrows with Xs aren't used for that

Bigger screen is for the animations from what stern has shown so far with data on the border outlining it. They definitely haven't used the bigger screen to show more information. At least not yet.

#446 6 years ago

The only concern I have is the hyper speed ramp which should have wrapped below the filppers.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The only concern I have is the hyper speed ramp which should have wrapped below the filppers.

probably no room below the glass to do it there... Maybe it's a strategic placement to make it harder in multiball?

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Got into a big debate with someone at work the other day about how to pronounce this. It's always been 'at at' for me.

And how is "AT-ST" pronounced?

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I hate coming off as a Star Wars apologist, but I'm actually thrilled it is like AC/DC ... I have zero desire to own an AC/DC but love the layout. This kind of kills two birds with one stone for me (though I can see why people that like both AC/DC and Star Wars will be torqued off ... the layouts are ridiculously similar).

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

And how is "AT-ST" pronounced?

"Scout walker" lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 21.50
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/9?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.