8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 150.
#351 6 years ago

If Steve did this he should retire. Im betting this steaming turd is a Gary Stern design with SR on it. I cant believe even Stern would put out a POS like this. Areosmith is a much better looking game and its fun.

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

What happened with with short gameplay video, a variety of pics and maybe a making of video?

Next week.

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If Steve did this he should retire. Im betting this steaming turd is a Gary Stern design with SR on it. I cant believe even Stern would put out a POS like this. Areosmith is a much better looking game and its fun.

Definitive opinions....for looking at a few grainy photos.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

WTF-I just noticed no lolli-pop rails? Are you kidding me, with that light cabinet color it will get finger wear quickly. The only thing I can think of why Stern would omit them is so they force people to buy their after-market shit.

They haven't been on the last several pros or premiums. It sucks. I keep a supply of them on hand to put on any game I buy to put on route.

#355 6 years ago

I am so excited!!!!!!!!! It looks great. I have two le coming . wish I could get more!

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yup, difficult to even read the inserts....

18765638_10209416335307536_6884366788041231750_n (resized).jpg18765638_10209416335307536_6884366788041231750_n (resized).jpg

#357 6 years ago

Man gonna take awHile for ball return from those lonnnnng ramps!
So the 4 areas all have 3 levels so it's kind of like ST matrix...without the matrix part?
Think those character inserts could have been a bit more dressed up

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

People keep glossing over that the Zen tables are licensed too and face similar scrutiny over art direction.

The Zen tables are a couple bucks, this is $8k.

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

And this is why Stern needs to do better with their announcements. You only get one first impression. JJP is still trying to rally back from a bad unveiling of Dialed In (so many people think it's a game about a phone still). Technically Stern still hasn't announced this. The Star Wars Facebook page announced it through a video that claims that Stern announced it. So clearly Stern messed up and fell behind schedule. They keep doing this. TWD was "announced" by a DVD paper slip. Ghostbusters was leaked all over the place and by an ad that ran ahead of announcement. If they don't want to be nitpicked, they need to put out more prepared content.

The game will sell. Don't panic. It's a flubbed announcement (again), but things will be set right once people get to play it. It looks like a fun shooter and Dwight comes up with really neat code.

#360 6 years ago

I'm curious how the jump ramp works under the death star. Looks junk yard a like (dog shot)? But it has a loop on the back of it (with a block post)?

Or is this just a ball exit? Balls seem to arrive from the upper back, loop the playfield in the wireform and end up in the death star and drop out below?

And how is the ball then fed to the upper right back panel exit. Can't seem to find the shot flow for this.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yup, difficult to even read the inserts....

Based on these high-res playfield pics, it looks like the Cowardly Lion is on one of the pops. My kind of Easter egg!

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

And how fun was Star Wars? Oh that's right, you haven't played it or even seen it. Buh-bye.

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

i think GOT Pro proved with its simple layout and unpacked playfield that fun doesnt equal clutter on playfield.

Boomchakalaka! Winner!

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Total DeJa Vu

I remember the shit storm when they released Star Trek. Exact same comments. Then people played it and for the most part it got good reviews and has become a great game(not a fantastic game but a great game nonetheless). For having to use licensed art it is what it is, wait until gameplay video becomes available and people may change their tune.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yup, which means Zen is hitting the eyes of that many more people.

#366 6 years ago

The similarity to AC/DC is a strange choice especially considering they are going to be running both. If I was to get a Star Wars I would sell my AC/DC can't justify having two similar pins. I dunno if I would be willing to do that and risk whatever ends up wrong with Star Wars. Just have to wait and see I guess.

#367 6 years ago

Damn I hate Star Wars!!!! But I also hate Metallica, Kiss,Acdc and Star Trek and I want all 4 of those amazing machines lol.if they ever make a title I like I'm in big trouble.

#368 6 years ago

Given that Steve and Dwight are both scheduled to speak there, I'm really looking forward to playing this at the Northwest Pinball Expo next week!

#369 6 years ago

Gotta be better than SWDE and SWT. HAS to be.

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Gotta be better than SWDE and SWT. HAS to be.

There is 0% chance that it will be worse than either of those unless every switch scores the same, there are no modes, and it says mean things about your mother. Specifically your mother.

#371 6 years ago

Yeah but still, if they missed sw convention AND 4th may because it wasnt ready.. and then announce it with no solid material. Anyways, im sure it will play great, like got. Disappointing art, great flow and rules.

#372 6 years ago

Im a huge SW fan , they could have done so much with the the theme.... SO ALL WE GET AS A TOY IS A DEATH STAR? REALLY STERN?

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Shouldn't matter... the licencee cares about their brand regardless. The only catch I can see is possibly the idea of 'digital live rendered products' vs physical products.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There is nothing on it for goodness sake. There is a few ramps and a cheap Deathstar toy. A chimp with one thumb up his ass with a box full of parts could have done better.

#375 6 years ago

Nothing overly exciting for me, going to pass on this.

Looking forward to Jaws and lyman
Can only wish.....

#376 6 years ago

Is that a Black Hole style gate in the right outlane on the prem/le?

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

WTF-I just noticed no lolli-pop rails?

That would cost another $5 at production. Do you really want another $200 increase for that?

#378 6 years ago

I was joking months ago about a giant bash Death Star toy but wow, I didn't think they wouldn't actually do it, lol.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Im a huge SW fan , they could have done so much with the the theme.... SO ALL WE GET AS A TOY IS A DEATH STAR? REALLY STERN?

split in half on a hinge that opens and closes. EPIC.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Man you gotta stay outta Vegas. It's not having a good effect.

#381 6 years ago

I've wanted a Stern Star Trek for a while... I have always been a huge Star Wars fan(well before pinball), If this shoots anything like ST I'll be a happy camper. Although the art is not hand drawn, I feel like they have more of a Hobbit look to the playfield and it doesn't really bother me. Not a homerun in my book, maybe a triple we'll see...with good ruleset maybe a RBI triple!
I also agree with those saying the premium is the best all round cabinet package. Exciting times for the hobby, so many good titles to choose from!

#382 6 years ago

Hey on a positive note I do believe this game will kill it on location, which is what we need to keep pinball alive. The theme goes a long way and operators will be grinning ear to ear.

#383 6 years ago

I like the art on the cabinet and translites. I will wait to reserve judgment on the layout and playfield art at this time until we get more info. Personally, I was looking forward to a 3 flipper game myself.
I think it is interesting the Pro got the High Speed treatment for art on the translite.

Added over 7 years ago: LE not PRO

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

There is nothing on it for goodness sake. There is a few ramps and a cheap Deathstar toy. A chimp with one thumb up his ass with a box full of parts could have done better.

Space Chimp McGuyver the Thumb Ass. Stern's next pinball?

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Nothing overly exciting for me, going to pass on this.
Looking forward to Jaws and lyman
Can only wish.....

I was really hoping to be able to say, Stern take my money!
It does look too Data East / Sega.
Having said that, I won't say I'm going to pass.
I need to see the machine in person.
If the call outs are some hick doing bad impressions like Walking Dead, that might kill it for me though.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

The only LE which has the better artwork in my opinion is ACDC BIBle

Walking Dead.

#387 6 years ago

Oh Stern....sigh

0E02663D-F4B2-4F00-9807-5F34AE553AAF-2911-000003DEC59D057E (resized).png0E02663D-F4B2-4F00-9807-5F34AE553AAF-2911-000003DEC59D057E (resized).png

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

The playfield, seriously?

Reminds me of a Zizzle...

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

WTF-I just noticed no lolli-pop rails? Are you kidding me, with that light cabinet color it will get finger wear quickly. The only thing I can think of why Stern would omit them is so they force people to buy their after-market shit.

They haven't had Lollipop rails on Pro or Premium machines for a while. No biggie. $59 at Pinball life for a pair:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

You can get a shaker motor and lollipop rails from Pinball Life for about what the Stern Shaker Motor alone goes for.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They haven't had Lollipop rails on Pro or Premium machines for a while. No biggie. $59 at Pinball life for a pair:
You can get a shaker motor and lollipop rails from Pinball Life for about what the Stern Shaker Motor alone goes for.

How much for some justice for a great license?

#391 6 years ago

The death star looks like the cracked egg on Sega Jurasic park.

#392 6 years ago

Wow, here we go again. Since returning to Stern, Richie pins seem lackluster in art at first viewing and the inserts seem strange, rehashed layout, and the playfield toys (if any) uninspired. However, as a GoT owner who torched the game when it was released, I am reminded to be patient and see it in person and play it. Somehow Richie still seems to make great pins that are fun to play and the art doesn't seem as weak in person. So, the critiques in this thread are about what we've seen in the past. But dang......that playfield sure looks bare for such as expensive game.

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

How much for some justice for a great license?

Judgment reserved until I play it. GoT is my favorite recent pin because of the stacking, depth and multiple paths to the Iron Throne. This could be similar.

I *almost* can say it's hard to do much worse than the 4 terrible to meh Star Wars pins released so far, but like I said, I better play this first. Hoping for a GoT-level surprise (minus orbit fails that are "as designed").

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is wear really an issue with the decals they use these days? I totally get it for the old screen printed cabs (first Tron run and backwards).

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

However, as a GoT owner who torched the game when it was released, I am reminded to be patient and see it in person and play it.

Yeah I'm with you here. It's a weird thing because you of course "want you monies worth" but just slapping shit all over the PF doesn't make it a great game, see GB. Then you have a game like GOT which has basically nothing on it, but plays 10 times better than GB.
GB looked like a DE, and kind of played like one.
This looks like a Sega, but I ope it doesn't play that way.
We shall see.

#396 6 years ago

Too early to judge this one, especially without seeing it, hearing it and playing it. First impressions though...I'm guessing the artist that did GOT artwork also did this one, artwork between both look similar which is not a good thing.

The toys? Death Star exploding toy is kinda cool but it seems like a waste as a main toy, need to see it action. I like that there's a motorized target bank in the game and the warp ramp seems kinda cool.

As for the LE? Forget it, Stern has gone bonkers charging what they are for LE's over premiums for very little features in return.

The good. Stern has the rights to use original audio and clips from the original films. This is huge and the game would be a dud without it. There's still hope but damn that artwork.

#397 6 years ago

BTW, the quality of them rails are horrible.

#398 6 years ago

This game will be epic. I bet they build 10k

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Is wear really an issue with the decals they use these days? I totally get it for the old screen printed cabs (first Tron run and backwards).

For very light home use, maybe not, but on route, yes.

Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

BTW, the quality of them rails are horrible.

We've put out many pairs of these and never had an issue. What's your quality complaint?

#400 6 years ago

It's weird that they announced this in a no-man's land when they could have revealed it at Pin A GoGo a week ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/8?hl=pinballalley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.