8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 150.
#4401 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is STAR WARS

I wish this thread just was...

I saw all the activity and got excited thinking video had dropped.

#4402 6 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

What's up Kevin, nope, nothing to see here yet. The JJP army (as small as it is) has provided clutter.

That said, on the heels of my ASLE, which has a fantastic CC pf, gorgeous artwork and awesome fun pin, Star Wars will be epic.

#4403 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's up Kevin, nope, nothing to see here yet.

Same shit different day Doug!

What about you brother?

#4404 6 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Same shit different day Doug!
What about you brother?

Yes sir my man, living the dream! Patiently awaiting some SW video.

#4405 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Patiently awaiting some SW video

Ditto! And my Premium...

#4406 6 years ago

Let's face it the longer there is no video and no one has one to talk about the more derailed this thread will get.

#4407 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Relax man, its been a non stop shit fest with Stern over every little F ing issue.
The double standard and hypocrisy is pathetic and i'm F ing tired of it.
I'm not calling you out personally but its all the other jack wads that bitch and moan about every little thing.
And btw, Vireland said his pin had a piece floating down the PF too. That makes 2.
So the JJP army needs to check themselves and hug it out in the DI threads. You are gonna need it.
This is STAR WARS, get it?

Dude. Iceman. Neutral party here. You are way overreacting.

I love Star Wars and can't wait for this pin and if there are a few little problems out of the box, well, every pin I own needs a little work every now and again!

#4408 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Let's face it the longer there is no video and no one has one to talk about the more derailed this thread will get.

We should have video once the first US pros are received. Sounds like someone had theirs shipped on friday.

#4409 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Dude. Iceman. Neutral party here. You are way overreacting.
I love Star Wars and can't wait for this pin and if there are a few little problems out of the box, well, every pin I own needs a little work every now and again!

Double standard hypocrisy. Not calling you out. Just the other Stern "way overreacting" haters dude.

It's all good, no need to go into full blown defense mode.

Once again, this is a Star Wars thread.

#4410 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This is commonly called "Good, Better, Best" and is employed by a *lot* of companies selling things.

Of course. But it is relatively new to pinball. Other than the old 1-player, 2-player, 4-player model of yesteryear which was a whole different thing. There were the occasional special editions like Fire Champagne etc.
But I was just wondering if the Stern 3-Tier (or sometimes 4. Good, Better, Best, Bestest?) system started with the Topps guy being employed..

#4411 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Double standard hypocrisy. Not calling you out. Just the other haters dude.
It's all good, no need to go into full blown defense mode.
Once again, this is a Star Wars thread.

Hypocrisy? Like going into DI threads complaining about JJP? Guess the rule is for everyone else except you.

Sad part is almost everyone wants the same thing. A fun game, good rules, solid product with lasting support and reasonable cost. I don't care who makes it honestly, means very little to me. Hell, in the last 18 months 2/3 of my NIB games were stern, and I'm in for SW if it's turns out like we all hope. Either way, without a damn video of gameplay, I'm pretty sure the pissing contest will continue.

#4412 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Hypocrisy? Like going into DI threads complaining about JJP? Guess the rule is for everyone else except you.
Sad part is almost everyone wants the same thing. A fun game, good rules, solid product with lasting support and reasonable cost. I don't care who makes it honestly, means very little to me. Hell, in the last 18 months 2/3 of my NIB games were stern, and I'm in for SW if it's turns out like we all hope. Either way, without a damn video of gameplay, I'm pretty sure the pissing contest will continue.

#4413 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I own a JJP pin and spewed the Kool aid many years ago with Woz, #1 JJP defender then. Learned my lesson.

I F ing hate the THEME, period. Next? Nobody Gives a F.

You and JJP Skymont need to roll back into your DI threads. Quit whining about video.

Maybe Jack can call Gary and see if he can make it happen.

#4414 6 years ago

Why does DI come up nearly as often as SW in this thread? (That's rhetorical, please don't answer). I'm in for a SWLE and the truth is I'll probably end up with a DI at some point because this hobby is a sickness.

Back on point somewhat, there was mention of test play footage on Facebook. Was that a different video than the one that ended with them showing the playfield and putting serial numbers into the software interface?

#4415 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Why does DI come up nearly as often as SW in this thread? (That's rhetorical, please don't answer). I'm in for a SWLE and the truth is I'll probably end up with a DI at some point because this hobby is a sickness.
Back on point somewhat, there was mention of test play footage on Facebook. Was that a different video than the one that ended with them showing the playfield and putting serial numbers into the software interface?

Just the new pins on the block so people are looking at their options.

On one hand something you can (probably?) get one and it already exists on several locations to have a test play to see if you like it vs something we've only really seen photos of and only second hand reports of how it plays.

So not really a good comparison from a customer point of view.

But.... it's a sw pin and I'll get an le even if I regret it later and move it on, just because I'm an idiot/sw fanatic

#4416 6 years ago

Stern SW is premiering at pintastic in 6 days. No discussion.

#4417 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

DE SW is premiering at pintastic in 6 days. No discussion.

The Data East version? I've seen that one already.

#4418 6 years ago

The wait is almost over. 10 days or less.

#4419 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Just the new pins on the block so people are looking at their options.
On one hand something you can (probably?) get one and it already exists on several locations to have a test play to see if you like it vs something we've only really seen photos of and only second hand reports of how it plays.
So not really a good comparison from a customer point of view.
But.... it's a sw pin and I'll get an le even if I regret it later and move it on, just because I'm an idiot/sw fanatic

I doubt you will regret buying it. All signs point towards this being a great game and the LE will hold its value even if you do decide its not for you.

DI is possibly the worst theme ever for my taste; surpassing Family Guy, WOZ and KISS. I know, to each their own and I am glad to see that there are some people who disagree with me. Even still the difference in these themes is like day and night. One is an epic dream theme that I must have and the other left me not caring if I ever played it again. Theme will also be the difference between one game selling thousands and the other selling hundreds. I haven't even mentioned the designers. I love the old PL games but he has not had one I remotely liked since TZ. SR on the other hand let me down a little with GOT, but I love ACDC and ST.

#4420 6 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Quoted from iceman44:
This is STAR WARS

Me too.

Someone please tell me when this thread gets back to chiefly talking about SW.

Thanks.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#4421 6 years ago

Hahaahahaa soon 100 pages of bullshit without any video

#4422 6 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Nothing has dropped and apparently stern lost the plans to the Death Star.

#4423 6 years ago

Is the Holiday Special going to be included somehow?

#4424 6 years ago

If you get the lowest score of the day Bea Arthur calls you a nerfherder.

#4425 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The JJP army (as small as it is) has provided clutter.

You do the same thing in JJP threads. You're welcome.

#4426 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Why would Iceman wish to stoop down so low to that gutter level?

Spoiling threads with clutter is not within the good spirit of Pinside.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#4427 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I don't like the theme.

Go back 6 years ago and check the JJP threads.

The onslaught of BS from the Stern crybaby postarazzi is WAY over the top.

Your welcome

#4428 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Why would Iceman wish to stoop down so low to that gutter level?
Spoiling threads with clutter is not within the good spirit of Pinside.

My bad. You are correct Aussie 100%

#4430 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's see if we can find common ground...

Do you think someone that has had a playfield or cabinet replaced, or that should have been replaced has the right to bitch? Or are they a crybaby?

#4431 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Do you think someone that has had a playfield or cabinet replaced, or that should have been replaced has the right to bitch? Or are they a crybaby?

As someone who waited for months to get my playfield replaced from Stern, I will tell you I didn't bitch or cry because I knew that wouldn't get me anywhere with Stern. I gave them time to make it right and they did. Along with some good communication and follow up (from my end) mixed in. Of course I had a "right" to bitch about it, but I didn't see the point.

#4432 6 years ago

I found it..... i have the last one.

sw (resized).jpgsw (resized).jpg

#4433 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That's no attempt to find common ground.

I had an experience just like Kermit24, although mine was a cabinet, and Stern took care of it.

Common ground would be keeping your preference for a game or manufacturer in an appropriate thread, and leaving us poor bastards who desperately want some SW info to suffer in silence.

#4434 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So the JJP army needs to check themselves and hug it out in the DI threads. You are gonna need it.

Quoted from iceman44:

Go back 6 years ago and check the JJP threads.

It does seem like it's going back to those levels which brings out the defense to take it just as over the top the other way.
It's boring really, we should all juts talk aboot the games in the threads or piss off.
JJP posters overly talking aboot the value/quality, which is now forcing JJP to add extra protection on the games and it seems shitty rubber.
Stern blowers talking aboot how dumb dialed in ius just like when WOZ came out and how "gay" it was. What you gonna do, people gotta pick a side and won't back down.

Back to the point at hand...is the pro really going to be @ $5,400? Haven't called my distro yet but I'm a bit worried.

#4435 6 years ago

Hey gang, this is the SW announcement and developments thread. Try and stay on topic please.

#4436 6 years ago

does it seem like we actually get a real plunge skill shot on this machine? It seems like it spits out to the middle of the pf, maybe the 3 stand up target area? vs the typical stern plunge to the upper right pop bumper area.

#4437 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

does it seem like we actually get a real plunge skill shot on this machine? It seems like it spits out to the middle of the pf, maybe the 3 stand up target area? vs the typical stern plunge to the upper right pop bumper area.

Yeah I think it will have a roving drop target skill shot, plunge to the three stand ups, and maybe one to two more to choose from. I think in one of the still shots I've seen, there's at least three different skill shots.

#4438 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Of course i do, call Chas at Stern and your distributor. That's what i've done with the fixes I've needed for my BM66LE and GB pf replacement.

Problem solved. I expected Stern to stand behind their products and they did. Of all the Stern pins i've purchased i'm fortunate enough to only have had a few issues that needed to be dealt with. JJP has done the same thing with my Woz, fixed all the issues.

Whining about it on a pinball forum, OVER AND OVER, isn't going to get your pin fixed.

Exposing the issues and problems are very helpful for all of us. It's the over the top rhetoric that isn't helpful and is why no one from either JJP or Stern bothers to respond or post on here anymore.

So on point, here's hoping STAR WARS is a great success and relatively trouble free. My ASLE pf is the best CC job I've seen on any pin I've owned.

Video coming this week!!!!

#4439 6 years ago

I wish iceman would let us know what he thinks about the cc on his AS. jk.

#4440 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

cc on his AS. jk.

Wtf???

#4442 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Clearcoat on his Aerosmith LE

I read it as "credit card" on his Aerosmith (just kidding). Thanks for the clarification!

#4443 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I wish iceman would let us know what he thinks about the cc on his AS. jk.

Just trying to give you guys confidence that the PF issues seem to have been worked out. Very satisfied

No Boobie, not referring to the CC on my ASs

#4445 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

does it seem like we actually get a real plunge skill shot on this machine? It seems like it spits out to the middle of the pf, maybe the 3 stand up target area? vs the typical stern plunge to the upper right pop bumper area

I though I read that it plunged to the force targets? maybe roving skill shot like on T2 using the fire button?

#4446 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I though I read that it plunged to the force targets? maybe roving skill shot like on T2 using the fire button?

yeah, that's what it would appear to be. Nice change of pace for stern, maybe they can make the skillshot payout like GB.....but not that much....

#4447 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GB pf replacement

Wait, What!?

#4448 6 years ago

Stay on target, stay on target, I mean topic; or the mods will come after you.

#4449 6 years ago

So $5400 pro or what? Plus shipping?

#4450 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So $5400 pro or what? Plus shipping?

$5,400 including shipping for many distros.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.