8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 150.
#4301 6 years ago

As uninspired as the playfield art and layout are, I'm really shocked people are excited for this to come out without videos being shown. We haven't had a single good Star Wars theme yet, why is this one gonna magically be better?

#4302 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

As uninspired as the playfield art and layout are, I'm really shocked people are excited for this to come out without videos being shown. We haven't had a single good Star Wars theme yet, why is this one gonna magically be better?

None of the others were done by Steve and Dwight. That's why I'm excited for this. I don't need to see anything beforehand. I always play something before I buy it.

#4303 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Shew, you know if it was jjp doing that, you would be burning them at the stake.

What? I'm not a JJP hater so please don't try to put me in the JJP vs Stern wars, its weak, last week. I was an early buyer of The Hobbit, wasn't for me got out, no interest in WOZ or DI theme so not interested in them either. Look forward to buying a game from them at some point, I think DI is a great playing game and happy for all who are buying it. Stern also doesn't really release themes I'm crazy about but more than JJP for obvious reasons, a dozen or more games released in the same time that 3 were released, hope that number increases for JJP. Please keep me out of the geek vs crap, I like pinball but not enough to be a fanboy of anything, I just don't care about having to attach a globe if it means I get the game sooner, I just want to play it and if I was into DI and could get the game to play without lets say the drones or plastic cover for the ball locks then I would, you have failed sir, and badly.

#4304 6 years ago

Just played the AC/DCVE on location, reminded me just how much flow and speed a Steve Ritchie table can have. There are a lot of similarities in the layout as has been mentioned already multiple times. If these two games play anything alike then I think the game code will need to focus the space battles and millennium falcon as I don't think the speed will translate as well in modes focused on Jedi training or even saber battles. The use of drops will help reduce the crazy ball bounces you get from AC/DC stand ups, but I think it's going to play like lightning. With 9 multi balls I could also see Dwight taking some cues from AC/DC code with lots of multi ball stack, have to be able to stack multiballs with 9 in total right!!

Final thoughts on the video saga, I think maybe Stern or Disney want the video to based off the premium or LE, might even be some last minute tweaks going on in these games, in terms of art work etc...
or might want to have a feature fully implemented such as the light effect on the LE translight. I pretty sure the first video Stern releases will be a premium or LE gameplay.

#4305 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

BTW...I did hear death stars were shipping separately to be user installed. If that's true, it's a new low for Stern. I really hope it's not true. You don't pay that kind of money to have to put shit together yourself.

But Boob, you put the legs on anyway.

You unfold the head and screw it in.

You cut any ties holding toys in place.

You plug it in.

You adjust the level.

You add the balls.

It's never been plug and play!

Besides, rumor has it you can restore any pin fro any year back to good as new! So adding a Death Star toy is academic!

#4306 6 years ago

memebb3698912221b2c3 (resized).jpgmemebb3698912221b2c3 (resized).jpg

#4307 6 years ago

video's or not . Being a Sci Fi Fan alone is excitement enough for me. New Pinball games is exciting business for me. Can not wait for the Pro to arrive. I may not even want to see a video . Just get the game and hit the START button and then live my Pinball dream/

#4308 6 years ago

So who has a pro on the way and when is expected delivery? Can't wait to see these play.

#4309 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

video's or not . Being a Sci Fi Fan alone is excitement enough for me. New Pinball games is exciting business for me. Can not wait for the Pro to arrive. I may not even want to see a video . Just get the game and hit the START button and then live my Pinball dream/

Right?!?! It's fu?king Star Wars for heavens sake. We are all pinball enthusiasts and more than likely have some nerd in us too haha. The last part of this equation is the 6, 8 or 9K depending the model you're after.

I am going to "make it so"

mittens

#4310 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

But Boob, you put the legs on anyway.
You unfold the head and screw it in.
You cut any ties holding toys in place.
You plug it in.
You adjust the level.
You add the balls.
It's never been plug and play!
Besides, rumor has it you can restore any pin fro any year back to good as new! So adding a Death Star toy is academic!

Horseshit. You're SUPPOSED to do those things...not assemble the friggin' playfield.

#4311 6 years ago

This is By Far my favorite Steve Ritchie promo video.
"...I will not sacrifice..."

#4312 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Horseshit. You're SUPPOSED to do those things...not assemble the friggin' playfield.

Well good news: I expect if you tell your distributor that you would prefer to wait, they'll be more than fine with that.
I'll take mine now, thank you! And cool that they aren't delaying all shipments instead.

#4313 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Well good news: I expect if you tell your distributor that you would prefer to wait, they'll be more than fine with that.
I'll take mine now, thank you! And cool that they aren't delaying all shipments instead.

If you're getting an LE, the parts should all be in by then, so it won't be an issue. I feel bad for the pro buyers.

#4314 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you're getting an LE, the parts should all be in by then, so it won't be an issue. I feel bad for the pro buyers.

Yeah must be rough getting a brand new pinball machine.

#4315 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah must be rough getting a brand new pinball machine.

You shush and go kick my ass on GOT.

#4316 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't be such a Prima Donna.

Roll up your selves and get to work on the playfield!

#4317 6 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it, the new Stern assembly team is on it!

Stern (resized).jpgStern (resized).jpg

#4318 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's really funny!

I keep checking back at this posting, nothing going on at all. No videos? Speculation galore.

#4319 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Pro and Premium\LE Death Stars are different parts, mechs and assemblies. Pro is just a sculpted toy. More complex interactive Death Star might take even longer, so the statement that the parts will be in time for Prem\LE isn't quite on target.

#4320 6 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

That's really funny!
I keep checking back at this posting, nothing going on at all. No videos? Speculation galore.

The first videos will be from a customer, not Stern.

#4321 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The first videos will be from a customer, not Stern.

And hopefully not an ex-customer.

#4322 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Pro and Premium\LE Death Stars are different parts, mechs and assemblies. Not sure you can state this to be truthful.

Right...but if they can't get the death stars in for those machines in time, there's a serious problem with their vendor.

#4323 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Shit, did you check with the parents of these kids to make sure they haven't scammed a bunch of Pinsiders out of hundreds of thousands of dollars? If so, the proactive move would be to remove their faces from the photo!

#4324 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Right...but if they can't get the death stars in for those machines in time, there's a serious problem with their vendor.

Yes, but the real problem is with Stern announcing a game before it's ready. They're going to get away with it and sell thousands because it's Star Wars, but it's setting a poor standard of practice for the future.

#4325 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Funny how fast people forget pinball machines are not designed for you civilians to own. These are commercial equipment meant for experts on repair to route.

#4326 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Funny how fast people forget pinball machines are not designed for you civilians to own. These are commercial equipment meant for experts on repair to route.

Apologist much?

And also, I hate to tell you, but running a business doesn't make you NOT a civilian. At least use something fitting....like 'peon'.

#4327 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Apologist much?
And also, I hate to tell you, but running a business doesn't make you NOT a civilian. At least use something fitting....like 'peon'.

civialans on pinside complaining that their game doesn't have the toy zip ties cut off is absolutely hilarious. Did you know that there are litterally thousands of other "games" that are delivered in pieces? If you want to hire someone to set up your NIB pin in your living room, we are available.

#4328 6 years ago

2017-06-30-12-42-02-816702124 (resized).jpg2017-06-30-12-42-02-816702124 (resized).jpg

#4329 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Quoted from Msch:

civialans on pinside complaining that their game doesn't have the toy zip ties cut off is absolutely hilarious. Did you know that there are litterally thousands of other "games" that are delivered in pieces? If you want to hire someone to set up your NIB pin in your living room, we are available.

Yet it is all of us "civialans" that seem to be keeping this hobby/industry alive with our yearly purchases of multiple Stern Premium & LE games.

00 (resized).png00 (resized).png

#4330 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Not sure you know what you're arguing about. I never complained about cutting zip ties. That was Sinestro that had to call in a tech to show him how to remove the glass and cut the zip ties.

I'm complaining about Stern shipping incomplete games, then shipping the death star separately (and later) for the customer to install themselves. If you think that's an okay way to run your business, then remind me never to do business with you.

#4331 6 years ago

Please don't feed the trolls. Here's to people posting vids of their games in the near future!!

IMG_6086 (resized).JPGIMG_6086 (resized).JPG

#4332 6 years ago

Anybody hear an estimated arrival date on your pros yet?

#4333 6 years ago

I haven't looked in on this thread in 30 something pages and it seems i haven't missed anything, except learning we might have to put our own toys on the playfield.

#4334 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I haven't looked in on this thread in 30 something pages and it seems i haven't missed anything, except learning we might have to put our own toys on the playfield.

Pretty much. Same old shit with the same old people expressing the same old opinions.

#4335 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I also heard you have to put the legs on and lock the head down too. Just a heads up.

#4336 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I also heard you have to put the legs on and lock the head down too. Just a heads up.

And don't forget to plug it in. Even an LE for the price doesn't do it for you/ Such a shame / the tesla Wifi Electric conductor unit has not yet been released for wireless electric -_-

#4337 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

and lock the head down too. Just a heads up.

I find it hard to play with the head locked down, covers most of the playfield.
Now I'm confused

#4338 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What the hell....i suppose they want us to plug the power in too?!

#4339 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

And don't forget to plug it in. Even an LE for the price doesn't do it for you/ Such a shame / the tesla Wifi Electric conductor unit has not yet been released for wireless electric -_-

Damn beat me to it!

#4340 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Really...exactly which other -=pinball machines=- are sold as DIY kits in the last 20-ish years? I don't care about your non-pinball examples, because that's a different market and different precedents. Even the "kits" that have been sold to convert games came with an assembled and wired playfield LOL.

I'd need your help about as much as...nothing, actually. 6 years in the hobby I've never paid a tech ONCE. Three full playfield swaps by myself, one diode went on one lamp socket incorrectly and that was the first swap, 4 years ago, and no issues at all with the other two. Competence isn't the issue. A company delivering an assembled product which is NOT marketed as D-I-Y *is*. I had no issue with my Sparky being ziptied. If they sent it weeks after my game was delivered and said "Here put this on yourself!" I'd tell them to go f themselves and send a tech to do it. It's not my job to build their games. Nobody, including ops, buys games expecting to see a huge gaping hole with some exposed posts in the place of the biggest visual feature on the playfield. Hopefully, it's just an incorrect rumor, otherwise this is an all-time low for Stern. Shipping incomplete code was one thing that I could fathom...shipping games with missing parts? Errrrrrrrr....is that why they had yet another price increase?

#4341 6 years ago

Color by numbers playfield VE confirmed?

#4342 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Color by numbers playfield VE confirmed?

Yes. Crayons extra.

#4343 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Yes, but the real problem is with Stern announcing a game before it's ready. They're going to get away with it and sell thousands because it's Star Wars, but it's setting a poor standard of practice for the future.

That low bar was already set with Batman '66. Still not close to finished almost 7 months after release. There were no videos of that before launch, either.

#4344 6 years ago

got word my pro is shipping they sent me my death star first!!

IMG_2041 (resized).JPGIMG_2041 (resized).JPG

#4345 6 years ago

Ohhhhh yeah babbbbbbbyyyyyy!!!!!

It's Friday afternoon and the beer is ice cold

Gettin ready to pop my first top ladies and gents

Yep, life is good today!

Video or not

#4346 6 years ago

Personally, I think it would be a hoot if they'd release some un-cleared playfields and collectors could color their own. It would be hilarious to see all the absurd things that people do to try and be "better than Stern" LOL

#4347 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Over 70% of their current sales goes to "civilians"... according to Gary Stern. Go figure.

#4348 6 years ago

So...no gameplay video this week?

#4349 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nobody, including ops, buys games expecting to see a huge gaping hole with some exposed posts in the place of the biggest visual feature on the playfield.

*Other than Alien customers

#4350 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...no gameplay video this week?

Boobs, you are just a "civilian". Yes Mr. teacher that's the right spelling.

That means, us "civilians" are on a need to know basis right now.

And we don't know a F ing thing.

Now that won't stop me from extending my good karma BS and beer drinking for the moment.

Go whip some ass on those damn kids, they need it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/87?hl=mcsquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.