8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 150.
#4251 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They took existing photo assets and "traced" them to create a hand-drawn look.

Is that a good or bad thing?

#4252 6 years ago

It's a good thing IMO

IMG_9250 (resized).PNGIMG_9250 (resized).PNG

They are cranking them out

IMG_9257 (resized).PNGIMG_9257 (resized).PNG

#4253 6 years ago

It's both. It's good that it's not just a straight photo clip, but it's still the same dang images you've seen on lunchboxes and toy packaging for 40 years now. It's real bummer they didn't get custom art.

#4254 6 years ago

Still no "Death star" on the playfields

#4255 6 years ago

This thread definitely needs it's own "Hitler reacts" video!

#4256 6 years ago

Sorry if I missed the boat, but any video of the gameplay yet?

#4257 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Sorry if I missed the boat, but any video of the gameplay yet?

not yet, and no word of when there will be

#4258 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Anyone know what the price of the Tron LE was when released? They seem to be in the $10k range when rarely are available.

5800€ ... (surelly much less in the USA & in $)
on that time my wife said i was crazy to spend so much money for just a "pinball"...

#4259 6 years ago

This thread has almost as many posts as Vid's Playfield Restoration thread! Good time for a summary of what we have learned so far:
Here goes...

Star Wars!

#4260 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Is that a good or bad thing?

It's a who cares thing right?

SW generates a whole lot of interest though!

#4261 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

This thread has almost as many posts as Vid's Playfield Restoration thread! Good time for a summary of what we have learned so far:
Here goes...
Star Wars!

We've reaffirmed that theme matters and people will still buy without playing or seeing video and if there are any quality concerns it's worth the risk and stern can strip features and add cost and it doesn't matter, Woohoo

#4262 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

We've reaffirmed that theme matters and people will still buy without playing or seeing video and if there are any quality concerns it's worth the risk and stern can strip features and add cost and it doesn't matter, Woohoo

so a lesson for the other companies right? makes pins that ship fast and have themes people actually want, sounds about right.

#4263 6 years ago

Maybe there is no footage because if there was, maybe some would back out based on what they saw and Stern knows this.

#4265 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Maybe there is no footage because if there was, maybe some would back out based on what they saw and Stern knows this.

You must be bored with the lack of interest in the JJP thread to always be making your way over to Stern threads.

#4266 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You must be bored with the lack of interest in the JJP thread to always be making your way over to Stern threads.

How did u know.

#4267 6 years ago

I just got the call the my pro is ready to ship.

#4268 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Congrats!

#4269 6 years ago

shipping the staw wars but no video of game play?
hope you get your deathstar, they might backorder it!

#4270 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Lermods Kanobi....you're our only hope. He might be the first able to provide video

#4271 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

NICE! Death Stars are apparently in?

much (resized).pngmuch (resized).png

#4272 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Death Stars are apparently in?....

...The mail

#4273 6 years ago

Im pretty sure stern is milking the social traffic and buzz on this think about all the times your hitting FB, Sterns, and Pinside for a tease of a video.

#4274 6 years ago

Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll get it, may not be until week of July 10 as we are heading to pintastic on Wednesday morning. I kind of like the ring of Lermods kanobi....or maybe Luke Lermods.

I haven't followed this thread much, too hard to keep up.

Death Stars are an issue?

#4275 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sky is falling because no one has seen them on the production line. So your game probably won't have one when you get it. Word is stern is going to have to ship you one to install at a later date.

#4276 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think people have said they couldn;t see any death stars in the face book videos that showed for 3 seconds...or maybe some pics.

Anyway, as you can imagine this caused great panic and was stapled as the reason they couldn't show videos or they arent ready or why Jaws is being made next.

#4277 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sky is falling because no one has seen them on the production line. So your game probably won't have one when you get it. Word is stern is going to have to ship you one to install at a later date.

Wouldnt that be funny. Im sure stern cant produce them fast enough and are running out of room in their warehouse. It would be the logical thing to do if you dont have anymore room and want to keep pumping out games while waiting for a globe thatinstalls with like 4 screws. Stern has the capacity to produce 100 games a day. Now if the supplier is 2 weeks late. I dont think stern can sit on 700 complete games without shipping some out.

#4278 6 years ago

At this point I think Stern wants the first videos to be posted by us! Down deep they love PS and want the members to do the reveal!!! Thanks Stern

#4279 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

At this point I think Stern wants the first videos to be posted by us! Down deep they love PS and want the members to do the reveal!!! Thanks Stern

I want some of what your smoking

#4280 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

About 68 posts ago, someone said their distributor told them Stern was going to ship the games "incomplete" and the user can install the missing item(s) at home. Vague, yes, but that coupled with no DS shown on assembled games, here we are.

#4281 6 years ago

About 68 posts ago, someone said their distributor told them Stern was going to ship the games "incomplete" and the user can install the missing item(s) at home. Vague, yes, but that coupled with no DS shown on assembled games, here we are.

That was Europe though

#4282 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That was Europe though

It was? Damn. I thought I put Euro posts on ignore!

#4283 6 years ago

But my distro said this wasn't true.

#4284 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But my distro said this wasn't true.

My distro can beat up your distro!

#4285 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Bullshit. My distro said that JAWS is next and I'm the only one that gets it. SLE 1 of 1.

#4286 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bullshit. My distro said that JAWS is next and I'm the only one that gets it. SLE 1 of 1.

Haha...I'll call you guys when my iron Maiden is here...distro said 2 weeks.

#4287 6 years ago

My distro said your distros suck.

BTW...I did hear death stars were shipping separately to be user installed. If that's true, it's a new low for Stern. I really hope it's not true. You don't pay that kind of money to have to put shit together yourself. Why don't you just send me a kit and chop 60% off the price?

Note to Stern: Wait to announce your machine until the machine is ready to be shown. Assemble the machine and ship them when the game is ready to be shipped. The WHOLE machine. You guys already have enough other machines to build without building incomplete Star Wars pros...don't you?

#4288 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why don't you just send me a kit and chop 60% off the price?

Because that's not how it works at Stern, they'll send you a kit and increase the price by 10%....I kid, I kid.

#4289 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Because that's not how it works at Stern, they'll send you a kit and increase the price by 10%....I kid, I kid.

People used to laugh at 10K by christmas.....now look where we are.

#4290 6 years ago

20k by Christmas! solved...

#4291 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My distro said your distros suck.
BTW...I did hear death stars were shipping separately to be user installed. If that's true, it's a new low for Stern. I really hope it's not true. You don't pay that kind of money to have to put shit together yourself. Why don't you just send me a kit and chop 60% off the price?

Stern Heathkit. Say what you will, but the build QC would be better.

#4292 6 years ago

It was me who said about the Death Stars
, I have no reason not to believe my distributor, most well known in the U.K. and he has no reason to lie!
He refused the offer and waiting Pro's complete.

My LE will likely be in with the Pro's when they ship

#4293 6 years ago

If this is true on the Pro its a non interactive toy so a couple screws and plugging in a wire? wow that should be a challenge. I would rather have the game than wait a month or 2 for a plastic orb installed at the factory. JMO

#4294 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yo distro so fat, she thought Jabba the Hut had anorexia!!

#4295 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If this is true on the Pro its a non interactive toy so a couple screws and plugging in a wire? wow that should be a challenge. I would rather have the game than wait a month or 2 for a plastic orb installed at the factory. JMO

Shew, you know if it was jjp doing that, you would be burning them at the stake. Stern though? Shoot man, only a couple screws, no biggie! Who knows if it is really true or not, but sending out games "playfield assembly required", that's a new one. The reality is it sets a pretty bad precedent on a $5k plus luxury item.

With a few so receptive to whatever gauntlet stern throws down, it's no wonder they take advantage wherever they can.

#4296 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Yo distro so fat, she thought Jabba the Hut had anorexia!!

Man this thread is getting bad

#4297 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Shew, you know if it was jjp doing that, you would be burning them at the stake. Stern though? Shoot man, only a couple screws, no biggie! Who knows if it is really true or not, but sending out games "playfield assembly required", that's a new one. The reality is it sets a pretty bad precedent on a $5k plus luxury item.
With a few so receptive to whatever gauntlet stern throws down, it's no wonder they take advantage wherever they can.

Well...it's not a new one, but it puts them in Heighway territory with their shipping of games without the xenomorph.

#4298 6 years ago

I would be really surprised if they actually were ever planning on sending out games without the death star. Smells like hype to me.

If it really happens... I wouldn't know what else to do but laugh.

#4299 6 years ago

I would imagine it was an option to have one/some quickly for a release event or something similar and was then blown into something much much more.

#4300 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I would be really surprised if they actually were ever planning on sending out games without the death star. Smells like hype to me.
If it really happens... I wouldn't know what else to do but laugh.

I can smell bull shit too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/86?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.