8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 150.
#4051 6 years ago

Lots of Star Wars pros on the Stern Facebook Live feed today. Not a single one had a death star. I'm guessing that's the hold up...

Brian

#4052 6 years ago

Could be that the Death Star is packed for installation when it arrives for some reason, but I doubt it.

The fact that they haven't shown gameplay is still asinine.

#4053 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How did they know it existed (or would be existing soon)?

I talk about pinball when I'm teaching class. You know...because I can't be on Pinside when I'm teaching.

#4054 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Lots of Star Wars pros on the Stern Facebook Live feed today. Not a single one had a death star. I'm guessing that's the hold up...
Brian

i havent seen a live facebook of the factory today, are you talking about the one from the 13th?

#4055 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

i have seen a live facebook of the factory today, ...

WEll did they have Death Stars on them or not?

#4056 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

i have seen a live facebook of the factory today, are you talking about the one from the 13th?

It was today. About an hour ago.

#4057 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WEll did they have Death Stars on them or not?

was supposed to say haven't, I can't seem to spell correctly today.

Quoted from pinghetto:

It was today. About an hour ago.

weird, its not in my feed nor can I find it on sterns page. Throw up the link if you have a min.

#4058 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

was supposed to say haven't, I can't seem to spell correctly today.

weird, its not in my feed nor can I find it on sterns page. Throw up the link if you have a min.

That is really weird. I don't see it there either. It had like a 20 second game at the very end of it. I swear it happened. Unless it was old, but I got the live notification on my phone and watched it just a bit ago. It was basically a factory tour thing that Judy does every once in awhile.

#4059 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

That is really weird. I don't see it there either. It had like a 20 second game at the very end of it. I swear it happened. Unless it was old, but I got the live notification on my phone and watched it just a bit ago. It was basically a factory tour thing that Judy does every once in awhile.

It happened. It ended rather abruptly and hasn't been available since it finished.

#4060 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It happened. It ended rather abruptly and hasn't been available since it finished.

Someone probably spotted the PF quality guy checking inserts without the light being on again and then they deleted the video

#4061 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

LOL....the entire country of Germany is about the size of the actual civilized part of Texas. Literally, east edge to west edge, is almost identical to what I drove from Dallas to Austin and back over the weekend for a tournament. I've also done that drive in an evening to buy a game. That's like barely even a factor when you consider all the other stuff!

That is 'about' right (problem beeing the whole way is a constant road work) but the machine still doesn't magically appear in my home when the ship lands. Usually customs take up to a week (I'm wating for a message from the customs office from a package from japan that arrived 6 days ago right now), then the machines get to the reseller that checks/ repairs/ mods it (last time with GB they allready modded the simer mech, updated the firmware & way more stuff before delivering - this time they propably have to mount the death star wich comes in a different shipment XD) and delivers it on friday (!) because that's they day they drive the route here. So it may take up to 2 weeks from arriving in germany to my living room. (If I'm lucky just 2-3 days.)

#4062 6 years ago

My Distributor told me today that STERN wanted to send pros missing parts, that would later be sent to be attached..

Missing Death Star may be the reason!?

#4063 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My Distributor told me today that STERN wanted to send pros missing parts, that would later be sent to be attached..

You serious?

#4064 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Brian

Shit, I heard it was fully operational?!

#4065 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

no big deal, it's the only toy on the machine.......

#4066 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Don't forget about the tie fighter bobblehead

#4067 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Don;t sell that shaking tie fighter short!

#4068 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

IMG_1765 (resized).JPGIMG_1765 (resized).JPG

#4069 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

LOL, that's awesome! So up 'til now Stern machines have been coming with all the parts and only some of the firmware. Next, we'll be buying games we have to partially assemble while waiting for firmware AND parts updates! Brilliant! Sorry, just joking around ...at least, I hope it's just a joke.

some-assembly-required (resized).pngsome-assembly-required (resized).png

#4070 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Considering you are overseas, and the pins are being sent by container, and that trip will take a few weeks... I can see the logic in shipping the games now, and sending the missing toys by air. Otherwise your container will be weeks late.

#4071 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

#4072 6 years ago

Apparently he's waiting for some gameplay vid also...

Skeletor (resized).PNGSkeletor (resized).PNG

#4073 6 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

LOL, that's awesome! So up 'til now Stern machines have been coming with all the parts and only some of the firmware. Next, we'll be buying games we have to partially assemble while waiting for firmware AND parts updates! Brilliant! Sorry, just joking around ...at least, I hope it's just a joke.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4074 6 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Next, we'll be buying games we have to partially assemble while waiting for firmware AND parts updates! Brilliant!

Wait till you post aboot it here too!
"Oh man back in the B/W days it was all assemble yourself man...you collectors today don't know shit."
"You're lucky Gary even sends you anything you ungrateful bastard!"
"Hey if you don't like puttin' it together don;t buy it. Simple as that."

#4075 6 years ago

I am sure the pinball pontificator from Washington has an amusing similar story.

#4076 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am sure the pinball pontificator from Washington has an amusing similar story.

TRUTH:

#4077 6 years ago

What happend to stern video today. It got cut while gameplay. I loved the music. Nice lcd footage.
Star wars everywhere and a few twd.
They are producing alot of pro models. Geeeez.
But video is not on there page now, i wanted to rewatch it while brushing my teeth

#4078 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Brian

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Shit, I heard it was fully operational?!

Is nobody going to jump on this? Very nicely done on the Death Star reference Mr. Guinnesstime.

#4079 6 years ago

I'm out... of this thread.

I ordered the pin anyway, so just f*** any video (whenever it'll come) I think I'll wait till it arrives at my doorstep and be completely surpised and discover everything first hand and fresh for myself.

#4080 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Someone probably spotted the PF quality guy checking inserts without the light being on again and then they deleted the video

Always so negative! When does your Star Wars LE arrive? You will be able to check it out yourself and realise that most of the negativity in this thread is "bull shit" from trolls that have no intention of ever buying any NIB machine from any manufacturer.

#4081 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm out... of this thread.
I ordered the pin anyway, so just f*** any video (whenever it'll come) I think I'll wait till it arrives at my doorstep and be completely surpised and discover everything first hand and fresh for myself.

Just like it was in the old days. I still remember walking into Du-Bowl Lanes. "Wow! New game! It has a horse kicking a spinning cowboy!"
The way God meant pinball to be.

#4082 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is nobody going to jump on this?

There's a reason it has 13 ups.

#4083 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

When does your Star Wars LE arrive?

Why's it gotta be an LE bro?

#4085 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's a reason it has 13 ups.

Ok, fine. I honestly never look at those, but at least I wasn't alone in enjoying the comment.

#4086 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

What happend to stern video today. It got cut while gameplay. I loved the music. Nice lcd footage.
Star wars everywhere and a few twd.
They are producing alot of pro models. Geeeez.
But video is not on there page now, i wanted to rewatch it while brushing my teeth

They have altered the deal.

#4087 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why's it gotta be an LE bro?

I am being sarcastic! Keep the fun in this thread.

#4088 6 years ago

Always so negative! When does your Star Wars LE arrive? You will be able to check it out yourself and realise that most of the negativity in this thread is "bull shit" from trolls that have no intention of ever buying any NIB machine from any manufacturer.

You keep throwing out that statement with zero to back it up. So because some, including myself may have legitimate issues with stern means we're trolls who wouldn't buy any NIB pin? Get a grip man

#4089 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

You keep throwing out that statement with zero to back it up. So because some, including myself may have legitimate issues with stern means we're trolls who wouldn't buy any NIB pin? Get a grip man

Who do you feel does it better then Stern now?

#4090 6 years ago

What are your "legitimate issues" with Stern? Seeing as you own a LoTR and the rest are other manufacturers...

#4091 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Does what better?

Playfields... well, anyone currenetly
Cabinents... again, anyone currently
Cab decals... yup, anyone currently

Pump out many different games with half baked code which may never get done with the ocassional great game in between the shit sandwich... well, nobody does that better.

#4092 6 years ago

Hell yeah! Why would Stern listen to any complaint or feedback you have if you have no intention of buying NIB. Same CGC and JJP. I have plenty to back it up. So what is your legitimate issue or issues with Stern? Lets hear them.

All the manufacturers are doing their best. We need as many manufacturers as possible to keep our hobby alive and thriving. NIB buyers are keeping this much loved hobby alive. Negativity kills our hobby. History speaks for itself.

Whysnow can say whatever he likes, he buys NIB from all manufacturers. Gotta love that shit!

#4093 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Overall? Stern probably does the best with all the titles that they consistently put out, but for quality and the complete package? Probably JJP in my opinion.

My comment was in reference to the poster saying the same ridiculous statement for the third time in this thread about anyone who doesn't have a glowing opinion of stern is a troll who "is never going to buy a NIB game anyways". What a stupid statement.

i don't hold stern in the highest regards, but that's because I got both a Metallica and GB with issues after 120 days of ownership. So because I think they occasionally put out a half baked product means I'm never going to buy a NIB game? Again, stupid statement.

#4094 6 years ago

Hell yeah! Why would Stern listen to any complaint or feedback you have if you have no intention of buying NIB. Same CGC and JJP. I have plenty to back it up. So what is your legitimate issue or issues with Stern? Lets hear them.
All the manufacturers are doing their best. We need as many manufacturers as possible to keep our hobby alive and thriving. NIB buyers are keeping this much loved hobby alive. Negativity kills our hobby. History speaks for itself.
Whysnow can say whatever he likes, he buys NIB from all manufacturers. Gotta love that shit!

I did, and I still do. Dialed in will be here in a few weeks. There goes your whole theory.....

#4095 6 years ago

Why would Stern listen to any complaint or feedback you have if you have no intention of buying NIB.

Chicken & the egg.

#4096 6 years ago

I did, and I still do. Dialed in will be here in a few weeks. There goes your whole theory.....

Good luck with DI! No theory, I just get a bit fired up at all the negativity in the hobby. I got a bit carried away with the shit late last year. There are more good experiences than bad experiences in this hobby. It is not always reflected in some of these threads.

Back to Star Wars!

Happy Flipping!

#4097 6 years ago

Honestly, as prices have increased I look at games like TSPP or LOTR and think what has happened. GB was a genuine effort, and I think most would agree, but when I'm about to drop $9k on a pin, the perceived value isn't there for me. I think stern makes some good games, GB and AS being good examples, but seeing Star Wars, a game I was hyped about, has already let me down. Gameplay might be the most amazing I have ever seen, but from the start I didn't see much that impressed me. A tie fighter on a spring? Seriously? I hope it turns out great, and hopefully game play is solid, but I feel like I am buying a 2007 pro model for $9k which may or may not have quality issues. Just one guys opinion.

#4098 6 years ago

A tie fighter on a spring? Seriously?

Just think how pissed people will be in 10 years when the vault comes out for 2K more and no more TiE Fighter on a spring

#4099 6 years ago

Good luck with DI! No theory, I just get a bit fired up at all the negativity in the hobby. I got a bit carried away with the shit late last year. There are more good experiences than bad experiences in this hobby. It is not always reflected in some of these threads.
Back to Star Wars!
Happy Flipping!

I understand, and agree with you. I do think sometimes negativity is infectious, but I do feel some people have a valid concerns as well. Either way, hope everybody gets what they want and enjoys it.

#4100 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just think how pissed people will be in 10 years when the vault comes out for 2K more and no more TiE Fighter on a spring

Haha seriously

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.