8C27DD6D-A823-4FFA-B44C-E63B6047D984 (resized).jpeg
970B6D1A-3A9B-40D1-A2EF-7F253E53A3F2 (resized).jpeg
SW-GC (resized).jpg
SW-fork (resized).jpg
IMG_5800 (resized).PNG
IMG_5799 (resized).PNG
IMG_5798 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 150.
#3901 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Magnets in pinball machines have always had poles which are in routed holes to be either flush with the playfield to catch the ball or very close to the playfield to effect the ball like in TAF. There is a reason for that. Surely designers have been tinkering with this ever since BK. You will not get it to work without routing without going to a monster magnet and custom power supply. In that case you better be experimenting on a worn playfield because you might be chipping paint topside!
I really don't think this game needs magnets, but your game... You should stick to stock style magnet parts and add some woodworking/routing skills to the Electrical Engineering skills.

Magnetic fields decay exponentially with distance as I recall, so yes I could easily find that there is no other choice but to do some woodworking on a playfield to accommodate a magnet mod. I'd still prefer to avoid it since I'd rather be able to move the mod from one machine to next without drilling playfields. I'll evaluate a couple options that will generate a stronger field so it can be further from the playfield surface. Obviously, I'm not going to spend unlimited funds on my little pet project but I also don't have a BOM to be concerned with like Stern -- where the cheapest/easiest option is clearly to just route out the playfield and reduce the distance between the magnet to the ball. I'm sure I will be playing this out with a piece of plywood, not any of my machines until I'm damn well ready.

#3902 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Magnetic fields decay exponentially with distance as I recall, so yes I could easily find that there is no other choice but to do some woodworking on a playfield to accommodate a magnet mod. I'd still prefer to avoid it since I'd rather be able to move the mod from one machine to next without drilling playfields. I'll evaluate a couple options that will generate a stronger field so it can be further from the playfield surface. Obviously, I'm not going to spend unlimited funds on my little pet project but I also don't have a BOM to be concerned with like Stern -- where the cheapest/easiest option is clearly to just route out the playfield and reduce the distance between the magnet to the ball. I'm sure I will be playing this out with a piece of plywood, not any of my machines until I'm damn well ready.

Try an induction coil with a separate power supply from the machine. Like a stator\rotor assembly in an induction motor, the rotor will float based on opposite direction electrical current from the surrounding stator. Levitate an X Wing. Didn't Magic Girl do some sort of levitating trick?

#3903 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

True. I can see that. It's going to be extremely successful regardless. It just doesn't seem to be good business practice towards customers is all.

Which pinball company do you think does it better?

#3904 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Crazy how people could potentially get games in hand before even seeing ANY gameplay footage. For crying out loud, where's the footage? I'm not buying anything before seeing it first.

But I thought you ordered an LE already:

Quoted from konghusker:

I agree, but I'm in on an LE, smart or not, and distributors want commitments now. Hard to commit without seeing it. Pro buyers are in same boat if they are shipping now. How after 2 years they don't have something to show is beyond me. I'm still in, but I can't justify sending money for an LE until footage is revealed. Guess we'll see. I wouldn't buy a pro either without seeing it play first.

Here's your quandary: You're actually NOT in on an LE before you pay for it...and I can virtually guarantee if the gameplay footage blows people away, you'll be shit out of luck on getting an LE.

Hence the reason why the prepay model will never die.

#3905 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here's your quandary: You're actually NOT in on an LE before you pay for it...and I can virtually guarantee if the gameplay footage blows people away, you'll be shit out of luck on getting an LE.
Hence the reason why the prepay model will never die.

I have a very strong feeling that when gameplay footage is revealed and when people see both how the game shoots and the level of code that the game ships with, perceptions of the game will increase significantly.

I don't know if LE prices will shoot up or not, but I think demand for this title will be huge once people get to see and play it.

#3906 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I have a very strong feeling that when gameplay footage is revealed and when people see both how the game shoots and the level of code that the game ships with, perceptions of the game will increase significantly.
I don't know if LE prices will shoot up or not, but I think demand for this title will be huge once people get to see and play it.

I don't know if they'll shoot up, either...but you certainly won't be able to get one from a distributor anymore. I think they're almost entirely sold out already. I think if you're even thinking about getting an LE, you just get the thing and sell it if you're not happy. It's Star Wars...I can't imagine it would lose that much value on a resale.

#3907 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know if they'll shoot up, either...but you certainly won't be able to get one from a distributor anymore. I think they're almost entirely sold out already. I think if you're even thinking about getting an LE, you just get the thing and sell it if you're not happy. It's Star Wars...I can't imagine it would lose that much value on a resale.

Hey boob, he lives in Canada so he's got better odds than all you folks in the states. Not everyone in Canada wants to spend $14K on an LE.

Quoted from Apollyon:

That or they know it's somewhat of a flop and don't want to release video until all the LEs have presold.

I highly doubt the second scenerio but you never know. Look what happened to KISS and WWE. They just got left in the back corner to rot.

#3908 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Hey boob, he lives in Canada so he's got better odds than all you folks in the states. Not everyone in Canada wants to spend $14K on an LE.

I thought you guys only have one distributor...and that he was sold out. ???

And while your money might be devalued, it sure is the prettiest money I've ever seen!

#3909 6 years ago

IMG_3780 (resized).JPGIMG_3780 (resized).JPG

IMG_3784 (resized).JPGIMG_3784 (resized).JPG

IMG_3794 (resized).JPGIMG_3794 (resized).JPG

IMG_3798 (resized).JPGIMG_3798 (resized).JPG

#3910 6 years ago

#3911 6 years ago

#3912 6 years ago

#3913 6 years ago

Great stuff Piper!

#3914 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I thought you guys only have one distributor...and that he was sold out. ???
And while your money might be devalued, it sure is the prettiest money I've ever seen!

You're right about the distributor, Stern will give him just 12 L.E., I ordered 1 of those and my Brother another for his place....to be honest 14K it is a big number compared with your prices in USA fellas, also Ontario tax is 13%.

Regards

#3915 6 years ago

That or they know it's somewhat of a flop and don't want to release video until all the LEs have presold.
I highly doubt the second scenerio but you never know. Look what happened to KISS and WWE. They just got left in the back corner to rot.

WWE was a lousy license and doomed to fail before the first game even shipped. On the other hand, KISS was a far better license except Stern never properly supported when it was released. Sales tanked as a result.

SW isn't going to suck, but then again it might not be the game everyone is expecting either. There's no universally loved game so there's going to be some that will hate it no matter what.

Rob

#3916 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

You're right about the distributor, Stern will give him just 12 L.E., I ordered 1 of those and my Brother another for his place....to be honest 14K it is a big number compared with your prices in USA fellas, also Ontario tax is 13%.
Regards

Whose paying $14K in Canada. That's way too high. Should be paying more than $13K or less. Our dollar sucks but it doesn't suck that bad.

#3918 6 years ago

Can't wait for this thread to change to............Stern announces Star Wars gameplay video

#3919 6 years ago

Goddamnit where is the gameplayvideo

#3920 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Can't wait for this thread to change to............Stern announces Star Wars gameplay video

I think we are going to see video from a collector before we see anything from Stern.

#3921 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think we are going to see video from a collector before we see anything from Stern.

Why would they... people are still buying on assumptions. Every release rinse repeat.

#3922 6 years ago

Actually this comes with all you fan boys early NIB purchase. Helps facilitate the first year.

ky-stern (resized).jpgky-stern (resized).jpg

#3923 6 years ago

Actually this comes with all you fan boys early NIB purchase. Helps facilitate the first year.

Geez sounds like maybe Stern used some of that on you.

#3924 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Geez sounds like maybe Stern used some of that on you.

I learnt quickly to not fall for that promo Same thing will apply to SW. Ill wait for the videos to come out, wait about another 10 months to see where code will end up, wait a bit for the love phase to subside and if I'm still happy by then, It will probably be my first Prem version of a game. Will probably buy HUO if I can find one.

#3925 6 years ago

I think star wars software will come out fairly complete just like GOT and GB. Very small software updates on these games so it appears dwight releases a complete vision and that's it. Perhaps he takes longer during the initial release. So if you like it out of the gate, don't expect much later on.

I learnt quickly to not fall for that promo Same thing will apply to SW. Ill wait for the videos to come out, wait about another 10 months to see where code will end up, wait a bit for the love phase to subside and if I'm still happy by then, It will probably be my first Prem version of a game. Will probably buy HUO if I can find one.

#3926 6 years ago

This is a totally locgial position. Look at GB. It was a dream themes for many as well. I saw it premier at the Texas show in March of 2016. LEs came out and people raised all kinds of hell. I even cancelled my Premium order. Eventually I picked up a Premium run from Jan 2017. I had no problem finding it and the code was more mature. Here we are, about one year later and all three models are available right here on the Pinside market at good prices.

#3927 6 years ago

many of you forget, this is not a old dmd game. i think it takes a ton more work to edit videos and audio and make a game with the new color dmd. this is why i think bm66 code taking so long. i dont expect a good code on release just my .02 cents worth

#3928 6 years ago

I am still waiting to be able to play the game and hoping code is decent.

Waiting.jpgWaiting.jpg

#3929 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Absolutely true if the Disney rumors are correct. Word is that Disney wants the release to be organic and that Stern cannot release any game play video before a customer does. Why they would want to do this is beyond me.

So:

1) The game isn't playable enough to have a video yet
2) We are incompetent
3) Disney says no.

Take your pick.

#3930 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

many of you forget, this is not a old dmd game. i think it takes a ton more work to edit videos and audio and make a game with the new color dmd. this is why i think bm66 code taking so long. i dont expect a good code on release just my .02 cents worth

Clipping video is much easier than creating dot art. It is way faster.

#3931 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I think star wars software will come out fairly complete just like GOT and GB. Very small software updates on these games so it appears dwight releases a complete vision and that's it. Perhaps he takes longer during the initial release. So if you like it out of the gate, don't expect much later on.

Aaaaarrrggh!!! I agree with this and that is why I am so concerned. As a home collector I need my code to be complete and I need lots to do with an opportunity to play in varied ways. GB is done and so much missing, one way to play and just so bad. Sorry but my faith is waivering. I have watched these forums and LE releases since LEs came out and I have never seen so many drop out... and this is Star Wars!

#3932 6 years ago

If code is done in a similar format to GOT (which has been hinted), then I'll be very very happy! It's awesome for home environment playing and doesn't get stale....now for that video...

#3933 6 years ago

Hopefully the code is dialed in (no pun intended) at release, though if not I'm sure the forums will be overflowing with schadenfreude

#3934 6 years ago

At this point on Pinside, it's now okay to attack and insult fellow members for simply buying in on a huge theme new release and LE's, which are already sold-out. Good to know.

#3935 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

At this point on Pinside, it's now okay to attack and insult fellow members for simply buying in on a huge theme new release and LE's, which are already sold-out. Good to know.

I wouldn't call it an insult as much as a reality check and poking a bit of fun. It wouldn't be the first time LE's would sell out and then be followed by hate and disappointment. Actually to think about it I'm insulted that you're insulted...my god attack is a strong word. I think you need to lighten up a little.

#3936 6 years ago

I wouldn't call it an insult as much as a reality check and poking a bit of fun. It wouldn't be the first time LE's would sell out and then be followed by hate and disappointment. Actually to think about it I'm insulted that you're insulted...my god attack is a strong word. I think you need to lighten up a little.

Agreed. I'm getting an LE and I thought it was funny.

#3937 6 years ago

NZ SW pro's ship next week, A game play video can't be far away now

#3938 6 years ago

Last I checked, it's adults buying pinball machines, and thankfully we have the freedom to make such choices. OTOH, you have no problem attacking that and insulting fellow pinheads who are literally supporting the hobby, rather than throwing your invective at the manufacturer which is the source of your issues. If you have a problem with Stern, put it out there with Stern. Petty, petty, petty to go to fellow pinheads who have done nothing more than bought a machine they want. I think you need to re-evaluate what you literally post.

And it wouldn't be the first time either that LE's sell out followed by love and happiness. No one really knows what the future will hold for the game, but some people liked enough to proceed. Some will love the machine, some won't. Many love SR pins. Many don't. And for a few that is worthy of insults and attacks on fellow members.

#3939 6 years ago

It's official. Your underwear are clearly too tight. Dear lord people get offended so quickly for stupid shit and satire. At least you're making this thread interesting again.

#3940 6 years ago

There's going to be 4000 posts about this game on this thread alone before anyone other than a couple of guys in England; that's kind of amazing.

#3941 6 years ago

It's official. Your underwear are clearly too tight. Dear lord people get offended so quickly for stupid shit and satire. At least you're making this thread interesting again.

Good stuff. Ad hominem attack the person, not the content. At least you're consistent with your desire to belittle. You're social conduct speaks for itself.

#3942 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

4000 posts about this game

Yeah maybe more like 500. Lot of garbage in here. Haha

#3943 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Good stuff. Ad hominem attack the person, not the content. At least you're consistent with your desire to belittle. You're social conduct speaks for itself.

I'm not attacking anyone. I'm just making fun of a situation that has rinsed and repeated itself on Pinside for the last 5 years that I've been on here. Every release people lose their minds and bitch at Stern. Every release people complain (I'm even guilty of this) about specific things on specific releases. It's all right for people to be fanatics about specific titles or for pinball overall but you are bringing my post out of context a bit, perhaps because you chose to relate to it that way...either way let's pinball on and move forward.

#3944 6 years ago

I'm not attacking anyone. I'm just making fun of a situation that has rinsed and repeated itself on Pinside for the last 5 years that I've been on here. Every release people lose their minds and bitch at Stern. Every release people complain (I'm even guilty of this) about specific things on specific releases. It's all right for people to be fanatics about specific titles or for pinball overall but you are bringing my post out of context a bit, perhaps because you chose to relate to it that way...either way let's pinball on and move forward.

FWIW, there are ways to make fun of the groundhog day release situation without broadbrushing ALL fellow pinside buyers. It's not that hard either. The post was only a few words, so context wasn't as defined as it appears you hoped it was (we do have that sarcasm emoji here). I'm here to enjoy pinball and that includes all machines and fellow member's experiences. By all means let's move on.

#3945 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Of course. Why would Stern bother creating a video of the gameplay? All that will happen is the flock of negative Nancy's will write thousands of posts about how the game looks so unfun or the dots aren't to their satisfaction. I don't think it'll cause them to sell anymore games. Why waste the time. Get the game in people's hands so they can play it and draw a proper conclusion vs just trying to point out all the negatives from a video. I mean look at all the negative posts just in the thread just from a few pictures. LOL.

#3946 6 years ago

FFS this thread sucks

#3947 6 years ago

I get a little excited to see the thread is on fire only to find back and forth bickering.

Robin, can we get a flaming feces icon for this situation?

#3948 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

FFS this thread sucks

stay tuned, we can expect more bitching about the artwork or the lack of magnets on the playfield!

#3949 6 years ago

No different to the 'where's the KISS code update ' thread

#3950 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

FFS this thread sucks

I only came back to read it because someone started a Star Wars video thread, so I figured there must be content in here. Nope.

Why the hell would you start a thread for videos when there aren't any? I refuse to bump it up so just gonna bitch here.

Meanwhile if you're buying a pin without playing it or even seeing any video then you deserve to be mocked a little. It's dumb as hell. Don't get all offended because someone points out it's stupid, just roll with it, your money, your game, have fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 7,455 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 150.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/79?hl=crussomd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.